Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

34 46.58%
  • Good

29 39.73%
  • Average

4 5.48%
  • Bad

6 8.22%
New Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 490 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 490 Discussion / 491 Predictions

Well, I agree on that the weapon used is basically the same which makes sense however I don't necessarily think they having a different symbol is meaningless. Why would people in the same organization wear a different symbol? I wouldn't expect that any more than two people from the same country waving different flags. The point that I was trying to make is that the difference in symbols could suggest that vandereich and ishida's clan are basically entirely different organizations (which probably had a common origin though).

That said, it has never been said the crosses themselves are what draws in reishi and we really have little reason to believe the quincy cross thingy from which the bow comes out of is the same every time the bow's shape changes. If anything, back in the day when ichigo and ishida teamed up to defeat the menos it was contact with ishida and not the blow which increased the size of the bow and arrow ishida used.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    this was an interesting chapter, i wonder what the quincy guy meant when he said it was "impossible" for his arrow to be stronger than ishida's ....

i also wonder who the other 4 "special wartime" people are

we know ichigo is one of them....
    My idea is that maybe the others are Ishida, Chad and Inoue . But still be need another one and i don't have an idea who the other one could be ..maybe Ishida's father ?

I personally would like to know more about his father and i have a feeling the Ishida's past will be pretty interesting...Maybe they really have a special bloodline how someone suggested . Me likes this idea

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Well, Opie clearly meant Ishida is uber strong That's why we're now thinking his bloodline may be special ^^

For the other 4, it's either very strong shinigami/arrancars or hybrids/people with special bloodline.
    yes i agree about the bloodline , it is obvious that his family is in some way special, or royalty amongst the quincy or something like that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because these guys have the weapons and logo of quincy and are calling themselves quincy doesn't make them necessarily, true quincy, i mean it wouldn't have been so heavily put by Ryuuken that he was the Last Quincy, things guys may have the same abilities and call themselves quincy but i think Ishida family were the only true quincy's and these guys are clones of some sort

If this is the case then its gunna suck clones make everything suck!
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida being strong should not quite point towards something like a strong bloodline(actually, it is not evidence of that at all, it would make as much sense to say kirge gave ishida soul steroid suppositories thus ishida should have been stronger than what ichigo suggested). Kubo could go that way however nothing from before would be proper evidence for it. I also don't think the manga has pointed towards ishida's family being somehow special outside of them being quincy. They are just human anyways. I am not saying that ishida is definitely not quincy royalty of sorts, just that there is no actual evidence of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I beg to differ Ryuuken clearly states that he is the last quincy, and inherited these powers and techniques, that being said why couldn't he also have a strong bloodline...

http://www.mangareader.net/94-640-10...apter-186.html
    Last edited by devstauk; April 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly are you differing with? I never questioned that ryuken was the legitimate last quincy and inherited all the techniques of the clan. I merely pointed out that nothing in the manga suggested anything in particular ishida's bloodline. I am not saying his bloodline isn't special either (why would I?), just that nothing in the manga does suggest his bloodline is in any form special or royal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

and now after what kirgie said, the biggest question is...why is ishida so weak -.-

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    and now after what kirgie said, the biggest question is...why is ishida so weak -.-
    I'm thinking that some time in the near future he'll remove his spectacles and slick his hair back, revealing himself to be a peerless powerhouse.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    but we already know that may not true, if it was they shouldn't be able to live in the human world with people being able to see them, plus the fact how do they have these bodies its not like urahara knew them both before.... or did he? again its not been confirmed
    urahara and isshin talked as they already knew each other,when isshin appeared defeating fisher tiger or what that hollow's name is. so urahara did know him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what about that kid with the super knuckles! it seemed like there was somethin more to his character than what was presented
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member clydu94's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warriorofvirtue View Post
    what about that kid with the super knuckles! it seemed like there was somethin more to his character than what was presented
    Do you mean Shishigawara ? I really don't think so. But it would be nice if one of Fullbringers was a special weapon

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Dafuq abou Ishida being weak? He dominated Kurotsuchi, a captain-level foe, back in SS. That is, when he was much weaker than he is now. Yes, nowadays he losses all the time, but that's just lazy writing.

Note that the guy always had to fight enemies that were clearly designed to be killed by someone else (Szayel Aporro, Ulquiorra. Tsukishima, Ginjo). He's an obvious victim of the worf effect. Rest assured that when he has to win a battle no matter what, he will.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    Well like Ichigo said, it's been a while since he faced one of Ishida's arrows, so it's fully possible that Kirge's arrows aren't really stronger then the current Ishida's.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Dafuq abou Ishida being weak? He dominated Kurotsuchi, a captain-level foe, back in SS. That is, when he was much weaker than he is now. Yes, nowadays he losses all the time, but that's just lazy writing.

Note that the guy always had to fight enemies that were clearly designed to be killed by someone else (Szayel Aporro, Ulquiorra. Tsukishima, Ginjo). He's an obvious victim of the worf effect. Rest assured that when he has to win a battle no matter what, he will.
    Ishida defeated mayuri when using the quincy final form, a power beyond what humans normally have and which destroyed his ability to use his power. Ishida's normal power is by no means even vaguely close to that. Ishida so far has never even been that close to even captain level with his basic abilities for that matter, the fact that he could barely hurt grants with his strongest technique proves that. Ishida will likely get a decent bit stronger soon. Odds are he is going to get recruited, he is gonna learn a few things, obtain one of those fancy gloves which apparently force the final form and develop actual captain level power within the mid term.

New Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast