Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.09%
  • 2 (Average)

16 13.91%
  • 3 (Good)

40 34.78%
  • 4 (Great!)

38 33.04%
  • 5 (Epic)

12 10.43%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.74%
New Reply
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 665 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction

in this chapter,chopper's feelings towards CC are a bit forced,imo. it's too clear that oda made that up just to have the excuse to make them fight. so CC will fight chopper,in the end. those 2 giants seems to be at rufy's level,but I bet they will be defeated by zoro and sanji.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chopper is the personification of "innocence" within the crew, plus being a doctor and a teenager himself, his reasoning and anger are easily explained. I'm not so sure about him fighting CC though, while it would be nice to see an zoan fight a logia and actually win for once, there is no hint to Zoro or Sanji being "defeated in a fight" as mentioned countless times already in this thread.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 30, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I clearly wasn't paying attention when I first read the chapter, but giant snipers huh? I've been wishing all the fastastic races were real, till brownbeard squashed that. I hope these guys are real yeti's, and maybe luffy will take the kids on his journey. That seems to be a thing amongst op pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c0nflikt View Post
    I clearly wasn't paying attention when I first read the chapter, but giant snipers huh? I've been wishing all the fastastic races were real, till brownbeard squashed that. I hope these guys are real yeti's, and maybe luffy will take the kids on his journey. That seems to be a thing amongst op pirates.
    The Yeti seem like a nice addition, but I think these guys are just normal giants, reasons being they weren't there before the island got turned that way. As for Zoro and Sanji, I hope when they wake up they will be pissed about getting knocked out by sleeping gas or whatever it was.

As of now I am thinking that the kids might end up being free and helping CC because of their addiction. We all know Luffy can't hit kids.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine the SH going anywhere but to face off with CC and crew from here.. It's likely Zoro and crew were shown downed to emphasize the might of the Yeti Bros.
    Just to show that CC has more than weakling goat guys and Brownbeard's crew.... Well and then there's Law..

IMHO the most interesting plot device is the Samurai dude, Kinemon (or however it's spelled). If he went off to find his torso, it's safe to assume he likely will.
    From there I'd imagine from what he's said all along, he's heading to the Lab to search for his son. So if all goes as above the Lab will be infiltrated from two directions, which could cause more confusion. I'm not sure how it will exactly go down, but I am pretty sure the Samurai will have a role to play in the liberation of the children and defeat of CC and his cabal.

It's clear the Marines intention, now just if they are able to perform..?
    I really hope Smoker redeems his loss to Law by aiding in the defeat of CC or somehow getting Law to willingly return his heart.. Though it's great to see him in Tashigi's body, and still the same old Smoker..

I sure hope the Yeti guys are somehow drugged or otherwise scientifically affected to make them as they are... If they are simply powerful giants then that's even more frightening.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was normal. I actually expected something like this from Caesar Crown. Oda wants to show him as bad as he can, thus showing all his evil experiments and the kids were really a point, where he can't turn back and become a good character. Hope we'll see Luffy punching him in his face.)
    The thing that actually shocked me a bit was these two guys taking down Zoro, Sanji and Brook. Well, Sanji was in Nami's body, so he couldn't show his best performance, but still Zoro is a monster and Brook is also on a great level and they were taken down quite easily. Don't know if they were taken out by some type of gas (though it seems unlikely as there are no traces of it and it's an open place with wind, where you can't easily use a sleeping gas), but if they were taken down by these two guys... well then the guys are damn strong and maybe they two together are equal Luffy.

It's also possible that in this Arc we'll see all the crew getting stronger and not getting an easy win like many of us were expecting.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    in this chapter,chopper's feelings towards CC are a bit forced,imo. it's too clear that oda made that up just to have the excuse to make them fight. so CC will fight chopper,in the end. those 2 giants seems to be at rufy's level,but I bet they will be defeated by zoro and sanji.
    I personally don't think those yeti brothers are at Luffy's lvl. I mean come on if they were indeed powerful they would have attacked Zoro & co. more openly 'cause i still think they must have used something on them since Zoro and Sanji didn't seem to react to the ambush

I think they are just normal giants and are snipers nothing more than that . Zoro and Sanji will be enough to fight them IMO

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member redzrae's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Why I have this feeling that Kinemon will join the crew? If I remember it correctly, Luffy had said that he wants a magician in his crew, and judging from the samurai's devil fruit. Well.
    I Love

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Those two yetis used something similar to Ussop`s sleeping star (Luffy`s reasoning ahead) but they are idiots, so they didn`t capture their target.

Why idiots?, maybe because CC experimented too much on them.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    If I would know that someone is experimenting with children health to create some kind of weapon, I would report him to Human Rigths; but if I would have a DF power, maybe I would want to smash that guy like this way:

Btw, if those 2 giants were ar Luffy's level, then Sh would not have a chance agains CC & Co. But CC has a boos. I bet, as someone in previous comments, for a huge conspiracy or for a huge goverment (i.e. teryubito) project behind CC experiments.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 01, 2012 at 08:13 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I personally don't think those yeti brothers are at Luffy's lvl. I mean come on if they were indeed powerful they would have attacked Zoro & co. more openly 'cause i still think they must have used something on them since Zoro and Sanji didn't seem to react to the ambush

I think they are just normal giants and are snipers nothing more than that . Zoro and Sanji will be enough to fight them IMO
    snipers? it may be,but they did walk across their road. anyway,I think this chapter hinted their strength very well. think about that: CC guesses those 2 are too much for the SHs,but he did so because he knows they are stronger than 2 years ago. he will be surprised,because they are much better than 2 years ago,but this also means that they would have stomped the SHs if they had fought pretime skip. so,unless they fight together,zoro and sanji will fatigue a lot,imo. (kinda their fight against the px,I predict soemthing like that )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Theory; the samurai is gonna be a whole man again next chapter & find Zoro passed out & make some awed comment on his swords or mock him for being knocked out as a swordsman, ignoring that he was cut up by Law. Before they can argue Zoro will remember the yeti brothers and both will rush to the cave & beat one each.

It will be necessary to fight them because everyone in the cave will have passed out from the "Super-Rookie 4000" sleepgas that worked so well on the other three

FuS

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

1, about the "oda's pattern" thing....imo i like it that way, oda gives handicaps, he twists the story, add some funny things on the side, let the crew explore the location separately, shows how strong the enemies are....i think it creates more drama and conditioning the mind of the readers to get ready for the big fight in the end. it gets me excited and makes me understand and get involved in the story more....thats what i like about one piece anyways. the build-up...not just the fights, fights will come sooner or later but the what makes on piece is the story/plot.

and comparing east blue saga (where they basically got 5 characters) and today's crew (which they got 9 crewmembers with strong, unique personalities) i would be impressed if someone can keep them all together most of the time and still make the story full of conflicts.

becoz as a storywriter myself, dividing screentimes is the best way to introduce characters/locations/plots in a story.

and if i remember right, they still get separated and someone comes to the rescue even in east blue saga...its not like oda's repeats the same character partnerships again and again....he groups them differently everytime to give a fresh interaction between sub-groups imo.

if luffy and his gang would just always go straight to the point....i think it would be pretty boring.

2. about the haki thing...i know its off-topic....but am i the only who observed that the "haki of conquering king" can actually alter/manipulate the weather? i saw the weather change in some instances in the presence of known "CoC" users....so im guessing its not that useless that it can only knock out fodders.

3. i do think chopper's anger is justified....1. he is a doctor....2. the children are drugged....even if its in real life and even if im not a doctor i would be pretty mad as well.
    Last edited by beck26; May 01, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay everyone so the voting phase for the Manhwa Awards is underway so don't forget to make your choice. Here are the links:

Manhwa Awards
    The Breaker Awards
    Noblesse Awards
    Tower of God Awards

We're waiting for you there

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    is there a chapter this week or because they release a chapter last saturday that they will release the next chapter on MAY 10th?
    Quote Originally Posted by redzrae View Post
    Last week was a double issue, that's why there's two chapters released. This week, one piece is on a break.
    Double issue doesn't mean that 2 chapters is released in one JUMP issue, it means that the issue counts for 2 weeks instead of 1.
    We got the chapter for next weeks JUMP early, so there shouldn't be any One Piece this week. (Unless we're lucky again )

So don't expect it to be back 'till next week (:
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

New Reply
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast