Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.09%
  • 2 (Average)

16 13.91%
  • 3 (Good)

40 34.78%
  • 4 (Great!)

38 33.04%
  • 5 (Epic)

12 10.43%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.74%
New Reply
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 665 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction

It is not about Zoro being down or something like that... He was probably arguing with Sanji and shit, so that's normal. But it's about the fact that the freakin crew got separated, and that Zoro & co will get thrown in a jail r god know where, and we'll have a shitload of chapters waiting for them to reunite again.

I'm tired of this pattern... At TB they were separated, Shabaody, FI, and PH now, and for a second time in a row, the crew get separated again. This is getting on my nerves already.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting separated to follow different aims all started on the Morgan arc where Luffy got separated from Coby to get Zoro's katana while Coby tried to untie Zoro. Zoro being the one to get caught also. This was continued in different variation through Orange, Syrop, Baratié/Cocoyashi, Loguetown, Laboon Arc, Little Garden, Drum/Sakura, Arabasta, Skypiea, Davy Back, Water7/Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Sabaody, Impel Down, Marineford War, Fishmen's Island. I did get all canon arcs, didn't I? It's even in the anime fillers and movies.

There hasn't been a single arc without that pattern to give all Strawhats a certain amount of screentime, so if one complains about that pattern, he's reading the wrong manga for fifteen years now...

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

getting separated is one one plot to give handicap to strawhats imo...which is good in my opinion.

i think its more boring if they all just stick together throughout an entire arc...and it doesnt fit their personalities (especially zoro, luffy) who seems to just do random shits.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Haki
    I wish ppl would stop glorifying haki. Honestly its no big deal. We know for sure most of the big names have it, in the marines at least everyone above VA have it, the new world is filled with haki user for sure, sky pia had some, heck even amazon lily had haki user.

So you can be damn sure the all SHs have or at some point will have haki. I mean WB pirates were the most powerful pirate crew with 1600 men, if a mere crew of 11 ppl won't have haki, I don't see how they can claim the title most strongest (strength) and most powerfully (influence) at the end of the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I'm tired of this pattern... At TB they were separated, Shabaody, FI, and PH now, and for a second time in a row, the crew get separated again. This is getting on my nerves already.
    You are writing the words out of my mind. I can't stand this pattern myself, and the only reason we have to endure this repetition is simply because we have to many protagonists.

Oda can't handle all his protagonists in the same scene. After all having 9 character interact with each other in balanced screen time and at the same time to maintain the seriousness and the carefree-dumbness within the SHs is impossible. Not even for Oda. Remember the old days in east blue? The crew was mostly together, except for some small amount of time and for one-o-one battles, but nothing like these days.
    Last edited by BlackHair; April 30, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

but it's a pattern that Oda uses and he never changed it, and that is bad. Always giving Luffy and his Crew handicaps. And i think it started with Rednose arc(Buggy).Luffy was in a cage in that arc.Then Luffy was in a cage again in Alabasta(that one was funny when Usope made his expression...etc..). After that in water seven within 2 buildings (that one i liked).. etc etc. if we take a closer look at the superation and the handicaps we will c most of them are niceand some of them are epic but not this one. Tired of it or rather wasting pages for nothing as the info gives.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nauthyz View Post
    I agree , that's weird they didn't capture them but it seems to me they're going to the straw hats hideout here and here same building. So for me they already talked and i thought they were going to attack the rest of the crew next chapter (maybe less if those who were going to the facility already left).
    Dumb me, I thought the brothers were about to attack G-5. Their base looks just like that of SHs. But I didn't pay attention to CCs lines in this chapter. In the first panel he talks about "sending some troops to the marines", I assumed he refereed to the brothers. But I didn't notice Laws question within the speechbubbles. CC was referring with the brothers to the SHs and answering to Laws question. If it wasn't for ur post, I wouldn't have noticed xD

Anyway, the orders of the brothers were apparently just to take back the kids.

Spoiler: about ur question show

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post

i dont like the idea of strawhats becoming a super-crew.
    LOL now that doesn't make sense , i mean you do know that they HAVE to become a super-crew to rule over the NW sea If they remain something like average then there's no point in those 2y they lost training , don't you think so ?

Hmm okay now here is what i think about this whole haki conversation...
    Zoro and Sanji were busy fighting each other (like always ) and weren't aware of their surroundings so they didn't sense the Yeti brothers but IMO that doesn't exactly mean that they don't have haki .

I think that even if you have a strong haki you can be taken by surprise and defeated . Why is that ? 'Cause i think the concentration plays an importand role in using haki as well . You have to pay attention to your surroundings , in that way you can use haki to your full potential . I mean you don't expect someone would be able to sense someone when they are sleeping for example . And if i remember right Luffy didn't always sense his enemies and we all know that he has all 3 types . That proves that you have to be fully aware of your surroundings 1st. At least that's what i think

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    getting separated is one one plot to give handicap to strawhats imo...which is good in my opinion.

i think its more boring if they all just stick together throughout an entire arc...and it doesnt fit their personalities (especially zoro, luffy) who seems to just do random shits.
    More like i think this is a good way for every SH to grow strong . If they were all together then nothing would be gained IMO . I mean think about it why does Oda always separats them , especially the monster trio . It's to make them stronger . Otherwise Luffy would take care of eveything and that would be boring IMO.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Getting separated to follow different aims all started on the Morgan arc where Luffy got separated from Coby to get Zoro's katana while Coby tried to untie Zoro. Zoro being the one to get caught also. This was continued in different variation through Orange, Syrop, Baratié/Cocoyashi, Loguetown, Laboon Arc, Little Garden, Drum/Sakura, Arabasta, Skypiea, Davy Back, Water7/Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Sabaody, Impel Down, Marineford War, Fishmen's Island. I did get all canon arcs, didn't I? It's even in the anime fillers and movies.

There hasn't been a single arc without that pattern to give all Strawhats a certain amount of screentime, so if one complains about that pattern, he's reading the wrong manga for fifteen years now...
    No no, it was especially annoying in TB and after that arc, although ID/Marinford is as an exception, because the story kept moving. We needed the crew to get reunited so that the story can advance a little bit more after they gathered data (aka after they got Brownbeard).

Now again, when I just thought " Okay, now they're gonna move and get their shit together this time ", we got this Zoro/Sanji/Brook being separated from the crew, I doubt they're just gonna lie there, they'll be probably taken somewhere else. I still can't stand the whole body switching thing, but now with this, it is too much handicaps. It took us 7 chapters I think for the crew to get together, and now what next ? 7 chapters of looking for Zoro & co again ?

Quote Quote:
    You are writing the words out of my mind. I can't stand this pattern myself, and the only reason we have to endure this repetition is simply because we have to many protagonists.
    I know that, but I think with the whole body switching thing and being separated, we got enough comic scenes already. And tbh, OP isn't that funny for me anymore... I think it is past that comedy stuff that is usually used for the first chapters and thing. It seems like it is the same gags running : Zoro & Sanji fighting, Franky being Franky... Brook with his panty thing, Sanji being a pervert... You get what I mean.

I wish Oda would get to the point already. This is why I'm enjoying Bleach and Toriko very very much now.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; April 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

And again: We all read that Luffy wanted a crew of ten at minimum. That means there'll be ten protagonists who need background and screentime. Complaining about this is also nothing but stating that you've been reading the wrong manga for the last fifteen years. And it's not like Bleach had less protagonists - it's actually the total opposite with even MORE protagonists (even if they are antagonists - they turn out to be good guys after all: The Gotei 13 captains alone are more than nine Strawhats) nor that character would come over their character feats. ROFLOMA

And furthermore: The focus on Toriko and Komatsu as protagonists will come to an end once the Gourmet War breaks out... [End of off-topic]

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Splitting them up can't be helped. Having them all together and fight would be boring. We've seen how Oda handles big battles during Marineford battle. Not that it's his fault it was all messy. You just can't show everything there is during huge clashes like that.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    And again: We all read that Luffy wanted a crew of ten at minimum. That means there'll be ten protagonists who need background and screentime. Complaining about this is also nothing but stating that you've been reading the wrong manga for the last fifteen years. And it's not like Bleach had less protagonists - it's actually the total opposite with even MORE protagonists (even if they are antagonists - they turn out to be good guys after all: The Gotei 13 captains alone are more than nine Strawhats) nor that character would come over their character feats. ROFLOMA

And furthermore: The focus on Toriko and Komatsu as protagonists will come to an end once the Gourmet War breaks out... [End of off-topic]
    No need for me to discuss this... You completely got me wrong, the proof is what you said about Bleach/Toriko...
    The more THE CREW GET SEPARATED, the MORE IT TAKES TIME FOR THEM TO REUNITE, which usually means THAT THE STORY MOVES SLOWER. And the fact that Oda lost 7 chapters of this already IS ENOUGH ALREADY. Especially since ODA HAVE BEEN DOING THIS PATTERN SINCE FOREVER. Separating/handicapping the crew, which I find extremely annoying and boring, why ? I have no problem with protagonist developement/screentime, but this is certainly not a situation that require such a thing.

Unlike Bleach/Toriko at the moment, where the STORY IS MOVING FAST. And we get straight to the point. Here, Oda is trying to drag this, while there's nothing exciting about this : A mad scientist, a bunch of freaks. The only whole thing that push me to read this, is only what Law said to Luffy about meeting him behind the facility (something that Oda somehow forgot or keeping it for later). This is why, I wish Oda would get to the point already and stopping creating handicaps and annoying situations for the SH's that will only drag this, we got enough problems already, no need to add more.

Also, keep your remarks about " reading the wrong manga " for yourself. Just because I criticize this arc doesn't mean I don't like OP, if I like something I'll say it, if I hate it, I'll say it. Oda is no god, he's not perfect, therefore OP isn't perfect, and I find FI/PH to be lame so far (except the whole weapon/prophecy thing at the end of FI, and Otohime/FT flashbacks).

Quote Quote:
    Splitting them up can't be helped. Having them all together and fight would be boring. We've seen how Oda handles big battles during Marineford battle. Not that it's his fault it was all messy. You just can't show everything there is during huge clashes like that.
    Except there's no fights or whatsoever now.... Nothing.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    And I'm fine with that. Chapters are interesting, the plot is moving and twisting. Fights are going to happen. During these arc there aren't a lot of ways in which Oda can progress the story. They either split up to achieve multiple goals, or they move all together and do it all slower. I enjoy little things, here as in life.

Also, I'm disappointed about Magellan. After all the guessing about him moving out and becoming admiral and shit, he's a fucking vice-warden? Lol. I guess WG wanted to punish him while being aware that he's still the best man for the job.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

Also, I'm disappointed about Magellan. After all the guessing about him moving out and becoming admiral and shit, he's a fucking vice-warden? Lol. I guess WG wanted to punish him while being aware that he's still the best man for the job.
    To me, it seems that he decided to become VW because of his failure... he seems to be that kind of guy who'd do such a thing

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

By seperating the crew, Oda can follow multiple sub-plotlines at once, Going after every single one would take far more time than seperating the crew at one or two points in the story [that's the simple truth]. This way, we as the readers are able to explore the island.
    Everyone got their own definition of "fast story progression" and it seems as hoeru has pointed out, that you just aren't liking the pace anymore. It was always that way, sometimes a bit faster, sometimes a bit slower, but not what you wish it to be. Being boring or not has nothing to do with it. Oda takes time to build a world, keeping mysteries alive, answering some, creating new ones, you can't do all that in the very same/single chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha
    That's why he got to prepare things before they fight and not do so when it's to late. Plot/story >= fights, that's why OP is as great as it is.

It may be our own fault for expecting and to theorizing too much about Magellans future, in the end it seems to be one of the most conclusive and probable ones.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 30, 2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: -i+y; +o XD
    Firm but Fair

24. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think Oda has used irony a lot more times, ironically we overuse guessing what will happen to the characters when in the end it turns out to be nothing that spectacular. Or often it is fully unexpected, so we question Oda even further, it is like a wormhole we can not escape.

Also this arc is moving quite interestingly, 10 chapters and a lot is going on, even though things are moving fast, really 10 chaps in not that much, I feel we are getting a ton of info and story progression. Nice to remember One Piece can be like that.

New Reply
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast