Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.09%
  • 2 (Average)

16 13.91%
  • 3 (Good)

40 34.78%
  • 4 (Great!)

38 33.04%
  • 5 (Epic)

12 10.43%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.74%
New Reply
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 665 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 8th may ~

You're right. They are not clear but they are facts and i would rather stick to those until more evidence is revealed.

Marines are influenced by different force now and we cant be certain that what i sayed was wrong
    Last edited by Zoronoa Roro; May 07, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 8th may ~

The WG is not behind the experiment taking place on PH now. But they were behind the experiment taking place there 4 years ago, including the experiment which destroyed the island. And they were already using human for their research. In the end, the only difference between then and now is that CC need to kidnapp human for is research instead of having the WG providing them.
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Those beforewere pirates so i guess it was ok to do experiments on them but now there's children n thats probably reason for secrecy and sneakiness
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    He didn't create Kuma

Kuma was not a cyborg created by Vegapunk who joined the revolutionaries; he was a revolutionary who joined the Shichibukai and volunteered to be turned into a cyborg. You got the timeline backwards. Kuma was a revolutionary twelve years before Impel Down, according to Ivankov, his former comrade. Sometime after he left the Revolutionary Army and became a Shichibukai. Only recently did he take part in the Pacifista program, the modifications only being completed shortly before the Battle of Marineford. As recently as Thriller Bark he retained his own personality. He was formerly a pirate so cruel he was known as "The Tyrant". It can be presumed his revolutionary activity remains unknown to the government, though that can not be confirmed.
    really??? forgive me for the off topic,but this is a question too important! I do remember a moment in thriller bark in which Kuma states to the SHs that his creator is dr. vegapunk. also,doflamingo in the war told Iva that kuma allowed vegapunk to erase his memory,but he was already a cyborg made by him. and he possesses a DF because of vegapunk's ability to make objects eat DFs. tell me the truth,please!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb OP 665: Bartholomew Kuma & Pacifista

OPwiki very first paragraph[takes shorter to search and read than write this comment]:
    Quote Quote:
    Bartholomew Kuma (バーソロミュー・くま, Bāsoromyū Kuma) is a Shichibukai and former revolutionary with a bounty of Bsymbol.gif296,000,000. He was once feared as an extremely vicious pirate, earning himself the title "Tyrant". He is a type of cyborg called "Pacifista" (パシフィスタ, Pashifisuta) developed by Dr. Vegapunk. Once Vegapunk finished his modifications on Kuma, the Shichibukai was converted into the first complete Pacifista cyborg, with the serial PX-0, and figuratively died in the process.
    You know what a cyborg is? A human + robot, not something you can create out of nothing,a living thing human [corpse] has to be the base for one, as they are in every other pacifista too, humans with robotic components, so no known A.I. in One Piece. Vegapunk doctored around on him after his career as a pirate, not before. Also his DF is his own, that's why he is the "special" strongest one of the first production series. The others only look like Kuma, because he was the prototype.

You have to differenciate two things: Objects eating DFs and people gaining DF like powers through some kind of process unknown, while I think it's just some weapon not DF coming from their mouth now. No one ate Borsalinos Pika Pika no Mi, because he ate it way before those experiments started. Somehow Vegapunk seems capable of transforming some powers or it's just an advanced laser like Frankys.^^

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bartholomew_Kuma Read it please.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 07, 2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: 1.1
    Firm but Fair

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OP 665: Bartholomew Kuma & Pacifista

I've done a little thinking about how the Straw Hats' bounties might increase after this arc and here's what I've come up with:

Luffy: 450 Million

Zoro: 200 Million

Sanji: 100 Million

Robin: 95 Million

Franky: 60 Million

Brook: 50 Million

Ussop: 40 Million

Nami: 30 Million

Chopper: 5 Million

Does that sound about right to you?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy hasn't really done anything (yet) that would increase his bounty exept for defeating a Pacifista. However his bounty is at 400 mio. already, so it probably won't change anything.
    I agree with Zoro, Robin and Chopper tho. Sanji should be 130-ish, Usopp, Franky and Brook should be around the 70-80. IMO anyway.

And if the WG finds out that Franky knows a lot about Vegapunk and his inventions, his bounty might be even higher.
    Same could happen with Usopp's relation to Yasopp. It might not rise that much, but still worth mentioning.
    Last edited by UnknownMugiwara; May 07, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I said after the arc is over, meaning once Luffy clobbers CC. I wouldn't say his bounty will stop increasing. After all, he's gotta surpass Ace.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Him surpassing Ace's bounty is your wish, not something Luffy wishes to accomplish, as bounties are of no value to him. How did we get so off-topic to talk about Kuma and Bounties!? Those have nothing to do with this chapter or the next one. Just another day and a half left! :P

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Actually, Luffy has said he wants to become stronger than Ace.
    Strength != Bounty. Get that out of your mind for all eternity and don't try to argue about it with me. You can be an innocent being with zero strength, but a massive bounty on your head, while a mass murderer could have no bounty, because he isn't recognized yet or hasn't shown up at WG controlled locations.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 07, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Never said his bounty wouldn't increase, I just don't think it will happen so soon after eachother. I think that Oda could have waited with Luffy bounty increase 'till after this arc instead of making the marines increase the bounty of a (presumeably) dead man during the timeskip.
    Also the Punk Hazard is already so secret that the information might not even go the the WG and the bounties would be based on The Return at SA.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Him surpassing Ace's bounty is your wish, not something Luffy wishes to accomplish, as bounties are of no value to him. How did we get so off-topic to talk about Kuma and Bounties!? Those have nothing to do with this chapter or the next one. Just another day and a half left! :P

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    In Strengh, not bounty.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And how are we suppose to know that if his bounty doesn't increase? Anyway, I hope that new chapter comes out soon. I'm getting anxious.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

" to know that if his bounty doesn't increase?"
    If you mean:
    • "all the bounties?" If his crewmates bounties increase, they will just show his old "new" bounty" together with theirs, but didn't we see a newspaper article with their new ones just a couple weeks back?
    • "that he became stronger?" Do "we" need an new numeric value to know that he became stronger?
    Firm but Fair

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lawlord's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So few derps with sleeping gas can take out anyone in the manga. Why don't bounty hunters use it, seems to work so well on the Strawhats. Zoro and Sanji both showed observational haki when Caribou was attacking Shirahoshi. This was confirmed in the manga. They felt a large animal in the castle. I can't believe everyone forgot this.

While yeah they were distracted and this can make your COO not work, still seems stupid to seemingly defeat them. Just pointless drama.

New Reply
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast