Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

7 6.09%
  • 2 (Average)

16 13.91%
  • 3 (Good)

40 34.78%
  • 4 (Great!)

38 33.04%
  • 5 (Epic)

12 10.43%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.74%
New Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 665 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 8th may ~

It wasn't confirmed, it was hinted.. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Luffy calls Sanji and Zoro. They'd be deaf if they wouldn't react. And Luffy wanted to know, if there was an animal like the dragon ornament was living in the castle.

As this page shows not even Luffy knew that Caribou being in the castle - and Luffy sent Caribou flying. Sanji clearly says that he himself did not kick Caribou off.
    Thanks hoeru :I
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 8th may ~

Okay stop talking about bounties for now . Until this arc ends there won't be any bounties changes anyway so it's pointless now .

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wish to see Bon clay on the cover tomorrow. I felt so sad to fell for the fake spoiler, it gave me so much hope than now I would be frustrated not to see him.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlord View Post
    So few derps with sleeping gas can take out anyone in the manga. Why don't bounty hunters use it, seems to work so well on the Strawhats. Zoro and Sanji both showed observational haki when Caribou was attacking Shirahoshi. This was confirmed in the manga. They felt a large animal in the castle. I can't believe everyone forgot this.

While yeah they were distracted and this can make your COO not work, still seems stupid to seemingly defeat them. Just pointless drama.
    I imagine world class sleeping gas is not something you can buy at the corner store.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 665 Discussion / 666 Prediction

btw,may it be that this cover wasn't entirely "true"?I mean,surely the smartest of you remember the covers of the SHs during the war: there was sanji who had become gay,whereas usop was hella fat. maybe magellan being there is just a case right now,he is something higher.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    btw,may it be that this cover wasn't entirely "true"?I mean,surely the smartest of you remember the covers of the SHs during the war: there was sanji who had become gay,whereas usop was hella fat. maybe magellan being there is just a case right now,he is something higher.
    Sanji did have to wear a dress for a time, and Usopp was fat. They trained during the time skip to escape those fates. But I don't think its impossible for Magellan to regain his title eventually.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Sanji did have to wear a dress for a time, and Usopp was fat. They trained during the time skip to escape those fates. But I don't think its impossible for Magellan to regain his title eventually.
    and maybe magellan is just "wearing that title" for a time,because he has just come to visit his previous workplace. I want him to achieve higher roles! btw,it's nice that I'm not the only one who voted awful,mpf.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OP 665: Vice-waren Magellan

Does it really matter what position Magellan got? The inmates know he's the guy capable of killing most from before, those that don't will get a nice treatment from the Demon Guards and won't try any bullshit again anyway. He's one of the reasons why ID was as feared as it is, the wardens reputations can't have sunk so low after being beaten by a group of lvl 6ers, if that was even revealed to the prisoners. If anything he looks more fearsome than before and I don't think that he's working there for the top position, but to be a good warden himself after the shameful event two years back.

and maybe magellan is just "wearing that title" for a time,because he has just come to visit his previous workplace. I want him to achieve higher roles! btw,it's nice that I'm not the only one who voted awful,mpf.
    Nonsense, stop going to into that fanfic area to much. There's no reason for Oda to show the NEW vice-warden, when it's just a visit. Furthermore Impel Down is an equivalent to Marineford and Ennies Lobby, so headwarden of Impel Down is pretty much near the top position you can think of in the hierarchy of the World Government. I only see that position being subject to Kong and equal to Sengoku/Akainu.

If you can give a good reason to make me thing otherwise, you're welcome.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 08, 2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: hierarchy
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Impel Down is not even a Marine Institution. As a judicial facility it should be under the direct supervision of the World Government.

I always thought cover pages were for the lulz. Is Magellan's current role even relevant to the plot? To me these covers seem to be an extension of the joke from Impel Down, Hannyabal lusting for Magellan's position. Maybe I am reading to little into it though. Everyone knows the covers are canon and relevant foreshadowing of future development. Oh, wait... they are not. Some people just read to much into them
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 08, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I acknowledged the possibility of Magellan's demotion only being temporary, but until we see him on another cover or in the story as the head warden, its safe to assume that Magellan is the vice warden. In any case, I don't really see how his rank as any effect on anything, unless the WG gave Hannibal a powerful DF, then Magellan is obviously still the most dangerous person in Impel Down and silly things like ranks and titles can't change that.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaiten are you saying the strawhat separation covers were for the lol ? Well those ones were a bit particular but even if the cover stories do not displays major events they are not that minor. At least 3 of the cover stories were use later in the main plot (Coby & Garp, Caimie and Hacchan, Wapol and his special metal)
    Even if the importance of the current serie is not that high at least it clarifies that we probably won't see Magellan play a big role in the future.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Ace's endless hunt for Teach. Cover stories are an integral point of One Piece, unless it's those animal themed cover inbetween the Cover Stories. They don't always forshadow things, as Oda is unpredictable most of the times, but they allow a non-mugiwara or support character to have some development.

I can't decide if Kaiten's last comment is just an attempt to bait us into a discussion or not.:E
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 08, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

by the way,why is magellan in that state? the last time we saw him,in the very first page of volume 60,he had still his wing and his left horn: http://www.mangareader.net/103-51821...apter-585.html ,maybe something lese happened in these 2 years,such as the other scars which lies upon characters after time-skips(smoker,zoro ecc.)

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the war he was seriously injured because of the escape of level 6 prisonners with Blackbeard
    Last edited by k-dom; May 08, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't take those non-Cover Story covers to seriously, they are just an extension of the typical Strawhat animal pictures, showing the character in various situations. You also have to remember that those pics were drawn before the Time-Skip actually happened, even while the war was still going on, so it would have revealed some consequence to a situations we were not even aware of. Do you really think Buggy and Shanks had some sake in a gorrila led shop, or Crocodile going around with hippo-agents? Always remember these pics are not canon, while Cover Stories are.

Here chapter 581, up from page 14 has all the information you need.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 08, 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: seems like I hate underlines
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast