Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How would you rate it?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

18 56.25%
  • Good

12 37.50%
  • Neither good, nor bad

2 6.25%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Extra Scene 5!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extra Scene 5!

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    It was a nice extra scene. I read it the other day, but forgot to post here. I am sort of surprised that Dauf just immediately fell in love with her though.
    I think it was something mutual. Riful teasing Duff, makes me think that she was showing interest...
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow - I was busy for three days...I figured, in the meantime, I'd miss a million posts -- in a way, I'm happy I didn't, but I'm also surprised 0_o

At any rate, yes...examining the art-work, we can actually gauge how quickly Yagi drew his work -- now, naturally, we don't know if he was, say, making this alongside the last chapter...

But still, looking at it, we can guess how quickly he made it - and all things considered, it looks great...it doesn't have that extra layer of detail (I agree it looks like a rough-draft), but it still does look great....'passable' by Claymore standards, and still certainly better then most works probably.

As always, their will be those who say that Yagi should make Claymore into a weekly thing, and looking at how quickly he may have made this scene, I can understand that logic....I don't agree with it at all....

However, for those who wondered what chapters would be like if Claymore really was weekly, this extra scene could actually provide a clue.

As for me, as always, I completely disagree....I'll take the extra time for debating, and extra time for Yagi for fine-tuning, anyday.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thekickinside's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

How friggin' cute is Riful. I wonder why male warriors didn't have cloaks? I'd have demanded one, they're just damn cool. Perhaps we'll get a Rockwell Hill extra chapter?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Raki's armor had a cloak on, and these guys did not...maybe they simply weren't wearing it at the time *shrug

Who knows, but good catch - maybe Raki's cloak didn't come with the set and he got it seperately.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, seems that no one besides evil_kenshin from AS has noticed but this ES doesn't make much sense when you take into account that the reason they've gathered was to try and resolve the problem of single digits turning into some strange monsters. For some reason the moment Riful appeared everyone decided to go their own way, forgetting about Cronos/Chronos, etc.... It seemed this gathering was really pointless and it's a shame that Yagi had only 8 pages to work with. I hope that next extra scene won't be treated as superficial as this one.

Personally I would like to see more of Teresa, maybe Rafaela and Galatea. Some onsen special would also be great even though it's not exactly Claymore-ish. But let's be honest, Yagi doesn't avoid nudity and I'm sure that unlike Duff (and other male Claymores), female Claymores bath quite often ;P. We've seen Clare in one such situation already, now the whole chapter for that could be a nice fanservice for us. Especially if
    Galatea/Anastasia/Cynthia/Clare/Yuma/Clarice/Helen/Miria/name your preferred Claymore
    would be shown.
    Last edited by Goral; April 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Roflmao, I actually did sort of catch that this morning....but yeah...they don't seemingly get together because they are "friends", but because of an issue...and as soon as Riful shows up, they all leave.

This whole ES was fan-service (no, not like that), plain and simple -- why, I don't know...maybe it was because Yagi is doing a hiatus soon, maybe it's because people weren't crazy for the arc so he wanted to bring back some old favorites...

Whatever the reason is, finding out how Riful and Dauf essentially met wasn't one of the biggest little-things Yagi could have touched on, yet he did -- I just have the overwhelming impression that this was made, less because of something important behind-the-scenes that he wanted to reveal, but more as something that was simply a treat for the fans.

....Not that I'm complaining -- I'm hoping these little ES' will continue and we get to see more fan-favorites and all sorts of little things behind-the-scenes get shown. I hope though that their will still be some worthwhile reason for them since, as before, the original 4 Extra Scenes showed some pretty hefty important stuff and this new one hugely pales in comparison to them in that regard.

That's why I brought up those funny comics Yagi made waaaaay back when - this ES actually reminds me of those more then they do the original 4 ES'.
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe there's a reason it isn't called Extra Scene then? It's called bangai, i.e. special/bonus/extra/additional. In the case of 4 Extra Scenes, such name was actually written in English. So it might be that we will get Extra Scene 5 which could mess up a bit the order we're currently using.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*blink blink....

It's not called or referred to as an "Extra Scene"?

Well, this is news for me....I don't know much of anything about japanese terminology, so I didn't know it was referred as the way you described.

And yet, you're 100% right - with the original 4, we got colored covers and everything....it was labeled as "Extra Scene" and certainly wasn't a rush-job (art-wise).

What an awesome catch; I can't believe it took me this long to realize that (and it's pretty obvious too)....certainly makes my semi-complaints about the lack of substance about this side-story pretty moot - if anything, I hope this continues and, alongside the real ES', that Yagi continues making this light-hearted side-stories (again, like the funny comics)....so long as it's clear which is which, I don't see why their shouldn't be both.

I guess then the thread title should be changed then .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    BTW, seems that no one besides evil_kenshin from AS has noticed but this ES doesn't make much sense when you take into account that the reason they've gathered was to try and resolve the problem of single digits turning into some strange monsters. For some reason the moment Riful appeared everyone decided to go their own way, forgetting about Cronos/Chronos, etc.... It seemed this gathering was really pointless and it's a shame that Yagi had only 8 pages to work with. I hope that next extra scene won't be treated as superficial as this one.
    Well, even if Riful didn't arrive, there really was no way the meeting could've proceeded as planned anyway, considering all Rigaldo was focused on was fighting Isley for the No. 1 rank, and all Dauf contributed was grunts. Riful's arrival apparently spoiled Rigaldo's fighting mood (either he didn't want to fight Isley in front of a little girl or he was too distraught at the thought of male warriors being abandoned by the Organization). Since Rigaldo clearly had no interest in listening, Isley just let him go and went on his own way as well. Maybe Isley thought Rigaldo would, for once, listen to him, considering how dire the situation was looking, but he was clearly wrong.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like that in another scene extra yagi that show us the 3 claymores possible confrontation against crhonos awakened. This confrontation could have forced the awakening of the three claymores. Do you think?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

btw did we get a date for the next chapter? or is the extra for the month of may?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about their awakening... I don't remember which chapter just now but at some point Isley said to somebody about Riful "I still am the one who knows that woman best" or sth like that at least. Having a flashback to Riful X Dauff first meeting was kinda cute but I'd be much more interested in getting the story on the early interaction between those two (meaning Isley)... While Dauff has already completely fallen for Riful she doesn't mind him that much yet at this point. Regardless of them folks being first gen, feels highly unlikely a freshly assigned warrior would just walk up to the top3 just like that to say "hi", so I wonder what had Riful in mind? I say she already knows she's rather strong and she already has embraced her scheming side, she was checking them out power and character wise ...

edit:
    If it went down in a fun way, she realized the tension between Rigald and Isley from this encounter, and later it will be her that nudges Rigald past the point where he snaps and goes for the duel? I can see Rigard awakening in such a way but it strikes me as unlikely Isley would let himself be provoked like this, neither from Rigald nor from some kid girl fresh warrior ...

The more I think about it, yeah I would like that, continue this in little extras every couple of months, till in the end we get maybe some 3 to 5 normal chapters worth of pages devided into several little episodes like this that tell how scheming little Riful checked out the remaining strong warriors, only to bit by bit nudge them over the edge to get them out of her way to #1 ...

Yes, I want that, I want to see how Isley awakens if it isn't to fend of an awakend Rigald there had to be a damn good reason as he seems pretty good at self control for a male warrior...
    Last edited by haegar; April 26, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well .. It has been a while since I posted (and I will try to respond to Goral today) but after I read many posts I guess what we will see in the next ES is Galatea's. Just how did she get that injury I know from an AB hunt but how? and why she didn't regenerate at that moment did she suddenly get a boost when she lost her eyes or she didn't have enough Yoki at that time so she healed the wound enough but not the eye itself and so she realized she could sense Yoki like nothing before. I believe this would be a great chapter since there are many Galatea fans and this will add more to our knowledge about regeneration and Yoki sensory ability.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner racjona's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    I wonder about their awakening... I don't remember which chapter just now but at some point Isley said to somebody about Riful "I still am the one who knows that woman best" or sth like that at least. (...)
    Chapter 62 It was Riful's words about knowing Isley's true nature best.
    I don't remember Isley saying anything about Riful ...

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

gah, I gotta reread my manga

*goes to stand in the corner in shame*

edit: though on second thought even if the quote was vice versa with Riful saying it about Isley, it still does make you wonder if she says that in ch62 due to some specific history between the two of them...

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast