Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How would you rate it?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

18 56.25%
  • Good

12 37.50%
  • Neither good, nor bad

2 6.25%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Scene 5!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extra Scene 5!

Shoot, you've beat me to it Ryus. And here I wanted to present my translation of page 5:

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Shoot, you've beat me to it Ryus. And here I wanted to present my translation of page 5:

:/ all i got to say to that

wonder how long it will take to get a full translated scanlation of this . i should really learn to do all that so i can stop complaining and do something to help

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was so good.. I love it .. lol
    Last edited by littleangel; April 19, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    Spoiler show
    Chronologically, it is. However, Hysteria gets the honor of having the first symbol shown to have nothing crossing the main vertical line.

Oh, and yes, I don't like Isley's symbol either. It's too... simple for someone of his stature. I suppose symbols were simpler back then?

Anyway, is it just me, or does Rigardo's symbol look similar to Rachel's?

Phenomenal, my friend. Haha!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fermat View Post
    Chronologically, it is. However, Hysteria gets the honor of having the first symbol shown to have nothing crossing the main vertical line.

Oh, and yes, I don't like Isley's symbol either. It's too... simple for someone of his stature. I suppose symbols were simpler back then?

Anyway, is it just me, or does Rigardo's symbol look similar to Rachel's?

Phenomenal, my friend. Haha!
    Forgot about Hysteria's symbol but at least her symbol was Elegant (didnt even plan for that pun).

Sigh the coolest AB gets a lame warrior symbol... at least his time as an AB more than made up for any symbol. Hysteria on the other had only had a cool intro and flashback of Teresa.

Oh and yes, Rigado and Rachel have the same horizontal line, so they have the samesymbol minus Rigado not having a straight verticle line when Rachel did. Also Rigado as a warrior seemed very uninteresting to me... wonder if this is just the result of the ch only being 8 pages and Rigado was treated more of an after thought in it vs Isley and Riful/Dauf

Love the pic Goral! Oh and mod beat me to a poll so I couldnt make a 1-10 ranking poll like you requested, sorry I forgot about the poll but it was 1:30am my tim and I had to be up a 6 so I was kinda rushing and not thinking
    Last edited by Ryus; April 19, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one, Goral!

@Ryus

It wouldn't be that odd if Riful and Dauph were close friends before they awakened, though I have no desire to know how close.

Do Awakened Beings have the capacity to develop deep bonds such as love? Because that's what it looked like was going on between the two. Isley certainly seemed to have come to like his 'makeshift' family, suggesting that even as monsters AB can feel [positive] emotions.

It would make sense if the deep bond between Riful and Dauph was something carried over from when they were humans. But again, not gonna think much on that one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweetness. This was an awesome 8 pages although I kinda wish is was a full chapter showing all three of them hunting the #4 and then meeting up with Riful. Speaking of Riful, both her and Rigaldo look a little weird with light hair.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have laughed so hard if Riful had said that she killed #4

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    Oh and yes, Rigado and Rachel have the same horizontal line, so they have the samesymbol minus Rigado not having a straight verticle line when Rachel did. Also Rigado as a warrior seemed very uninteresting to me... wonder if this is just the result of the ch only being 8 pages and Rigado was treated more of an after thought in it vs Isley and Riful/Dauf
    Hm, it does seem that Rigardo's symbol doesn't have a vertical line. I'm pretty sure it does, though, because if it doesn't, he'd be too... special. Maybe his symbol is like Rachel's but has straight lines instead of semicircles.

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    I would have laughed so hard if Riful had said that she killed #4
    Now that would've been awesome. Isley already showed surprise at her being a warrior at such a young age. How would he have reacted if she had nonchalantly told them she had pwned this Chronus guy already because the three of them took too long to get there?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice,

Also noticed how fucking huge Riful's sword is in the last panel. Damn, it is bigger than she is.

Which magazine was this published in?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Those 8 pages form any type of story or just introduce them?
    I noticed Riful is smaller than the sword she carries, org should produce the kid version of the sword
    I also found strange Easley and Rigardo followed different directions...

Lol at Dauf blushing, org should write rules against pedos
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; April 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

......*groan, what time is it?

Hmm?

A new Extra Scene........

............?!

This litterally came out of nowhere - I wasn't around when the first 4 came out so I have no idea what was it like then; if Yagi gave some sort of warning because he certainly didn't give one when he made this....I mean, it literally came out of nowhere.

In fact, the very existence of this puts me on edge...because the first 4 Extra Scenes came out, if I'm correct, consecutively...they came out during that long-drawn out period when Claymore was put on hiatus (I think this was during the Agatha chapters; sometime around then); I guess to give the fans something to hold them over.

So actually....the very existence of this makes me wonder if Claymore is going on yet another hiatus - I mean, Yagi has faithfully written chapters each month for ages since the last one...maybe he's taking another vacation or who knows what. The last chapter said that, come May, we would get a new chapter....but then again, it said nothing about getting a new Extra Scene...

So who really knows - maybe Yagi is taking a break or maybe he's not.

===

In the meantime, new Extra Scene with Isley/Rigardo/Dauf...

I have to admit, in a dark cosmic sort of way, I wonder if making an Extra Scene with these guys comes from a response whereas, let's face it, the new ZAOs just weren't as popular - even Dauf is more popular then the new 3, which is sad....not to put words in anybody's mouth, but the ZAOs had alot to live up too, and these new 3...well....didn't.

This scene doesn't really show much that's new per se - if anything, it shows what we expected or figured, and it was nice to see those things anyway: like all 3 of them wearing Raki's armor, which confirms that his armor is indeed the attire of the male generation...

Seeing Riful as well....that also confirms that her generation overlapped with Riful's generation, which was the first gen of female warriors....

That, in itself, reveals a long-standing question of Claymore - their was indeed, only one generation of Male warriors. Isley was the first No.1 period....some people believed, probably myself at one point unless I forgot, that their may have been following Male generations continuing since then until Riful's gen showed up...

So unless these 3 are really really old, and probably outcasts that have worn-out or outlived their use to the Org, and are supposed to be hunted....then Riful's gen came straight after Isley's.

We can plainly see it's not like that at all....Riful would indeed act cordially to people she was tasked to kill, but we don't get that impression at all - the impression is that, indeed, the female warriors came straight after the male ones in one gen.

Seeing Riful with the warriors also feels....weird. I remember going into this huge debate with Hedgey on how Riful got involved with Dauf and so on (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=921), that felt, and still feels in many ways, quite logical....It's just a question now of how it all still works out.

Don't have much time right now, but this was definitely the surprise of the day -- nothing really "new" again per se....at least, I don't feel that way; it's just nice because, in a way, we get some confirmations about some things and, more then that, we get to see old favorites again.

And that's why I think this was really made - to see a bunch of things the fans always wanted and, more importantly, to see these characters again the same with Jean showed up in the Claire/Rafaela mind-battle...

It's now a question if this is a one-time thing, or if their will be more Extra Scenes - maybe something with Luciella, or the Raki/Isley/Priscilla years together (finally ).
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I wonder why all AEs/ZACS are female. After all they can't awaken so why aren't there male AEs? I also wonder whether the REAL reason (not official reason for suckers) why MiB resigned from producing male Claymores was that they awakened more easily. Because this bonus chapter suggests otherwise. Maybe MiB are just perverts who used males first because it was easier to do for some reason and once they've developed a method to do the same with females they switched. I mean, they're teaching girls to act like prostitutes O_O. They should die and quick. ;P

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Goral...if you were a mib would you prefer working on naked men all the time?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    That, in itself, reveals a long-standing question of Claymore - their was indeed, only one generation of Male warriors. Isley was the first No.1 period....some people believed, probably myself at one point unless I forgot, that their may have been following Male generations continuing since then until Riful's gen showed up...

Well it was reasonable to think there had to be more then one male generation at the time considering the sheer number of male awakened beings that seemed to be running around. I think that was just to the constraints that we assumed a generation was a solid 47 claymores. We never accounted for the length of the generation which may have been one of the longest, (which means replacement numbers for those who awakened) the Trainee's and and non-generation male awakened beings being created by the organization. The only way to explain the numbers without those facts were that there was more then one generation.

Personally i had hoped to see more male Awakened beings from the 1st generation showing up to make a bit of trouble, but now that there was this sudden jump to being able to kill abyssal level enemies that seems unlikely and kind of fruitless...a little sad really. I doubt we'll ever see another truly cool male awakened being but I'm glad we got a little peek back into the past at least.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast