Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: How would you rate it?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

18 56.25%
  • Good

12 37.50%
  • Neither good, nor bad

2 6.25%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Scene 5!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extra Scene 5!

I doubt anyone wanted Sausagefestmore.

MiB are human too.

edit: Shiek brings up a point...what if this is the start of a hiatus? A little time would not hurt him to sort out these next few chapters. The reason I say that is because how Priscilla vs Claire concludes and even how Rubel/DoDs conclude also is perhaps the most tenuous few chapters he could make. Seriously, out of all the factors/plots going on those two seem the most significant to the story right now.
    Last edited by Nixl; April 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing this chapter makes me question is that other belief many people have in co-generations...generations with both men and and female warriors - people say this because we see a Female Awakened Being in Isley's army....at least, that's one reason I remember people citing.

I wonder if this Extra Scene however brings back the idea that Isley's generation was first, and only generation with Men period....It depends on how you read his words after all - he says apparently, "they've given up on males"...that could imply or not that females were a part of his generation.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Roflmao, Rigardo and Deneve would get along....is it just me, or does the upper-right panel of page 6, with Rigardo's right arm on his hilt....match almost perfectly with page 17 of Chapter 109 when Deneve is ranting about Miria?

Could be a coincidence, but it's not the first time I believe that these seemingly copy-and-pastes have been done before; lazy Yagi

forget Miria and Rigardo, these two would get along XD

Seriously! They are both superficially 'cold' people, with tons of passion and fire underneath....too bad I can't see Isley and Helen together - then again, if people can pair Miria and Rigardo together because of one fight scene, then the same could work for those two XD
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Could be a coincidence, but it's not the first time I believe that these seemingly copy-and-pastes have been done before; lazy Yagi
    If you were an artist you would understand...add a tight schedule of month to do HQ manga and you'll love to copy-paste

Basically it's following the principle that copy pasting a portion of a drawing that you would have to manually replicate brings you three advantages: 1 - Your drawing looks consistent, 2 - you can make your drawings look better using well designed parts rather than drawing them over and over again making mistakes in the process. 3 - You save precious time to work on detailing new parts that you can use later...

You don't reach Yagi's level by drawing everything from sketch all the time

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

A hiatus? Damn, I hope Claymore doesn't go on one. I'd understand if it happened though. But the idea of spending months without those drugs of mine terrifies me. I need to get a life.

Or we need another Teresa vs Priscilla debate. That'll keep us going during that dark period.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe yagi should start a new manga uh? Claymore is dry, nothing more will come out of it ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Well it was reasonable to think there had to be more then one male generation at the time considering the sheer number of male awakened beings that seemed to be running around. I think that was just to the constraints that we assumed a generation was a solid 47 claymores. We never accounted for the length of the generation which may have been one of the longest, (which means replacement numbers for those who awakened) the Trainee's and and non-generation male awakened beings being created by the organization. The only way to explain the numbers without those facts were that there was more then one generation.

Personally i had hoped to see more male Awakened beings from the 1st generation showing up to make a bit of trouble, but now that there was this sudden jump to being able to kill abyssal level enemies that seems unlikely and kind of fruitless...a little sad really. I doubt we'll ever see another truly cool male awakened being but I'm glad we got a little peek back into the past at least.

dude....did you forget that the org still uses males to make half human half yoma hybrids......remember the facility the Tabitha and then destroyed on there way to the org...it was used to make male AB

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the last time their was a hiatus, it went for almost a year if I'm correct...

Frankly, I don't want that of course, because really...if this is because Yagi needs even more time to finish up Claire and Priscilla, then that's silly - he's had this entire Miria arc to wrap things up, and seemingly dragged it on for the sake of it. You're telling me he needs even more time?

Then again, the last time we had a huge hiatus, the end result was the revelation of the DoDs....who knows, given another year, what Yagi could come up with?

But no, I obviously don't want that - a year without Claymore is blasphemous >_<

---

Going back into the artwork...it's interesting because it makes you question how quickly Yagi made this - if he started this early on and finished it little by little, or finished it within this month as a rush-job. I'm not trying to imply I want the story to be done weekly, because I don't unlike other people wishing it could be....studying the quality of the artwork can answer how quickly Yagi made this Extra Scene.

---

As for the Org Lab....I sincerely hope that will get answered or remembered (like the Miria X scar), because right not, it's nothing more then a distraction to delay the Ghosts; hopefully we'll get answers on that.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

About hiatus, one thing's for sure - next chapter will be out as usual. IIRC there was a message "6 something" which means June release which means release in May.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well damn this sure came out of nowhere! But I gotta say I liked what little I saw more of these four is always welcome. But now I want MOAR.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I dare say those 8 pages were better than the last 20 chapters of the manga

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anybody else notice that Isley, Rigaldo, and Dauf's armor all look just like Raki's armor?

So that must mean that Raki got his armor from Isley. And they would have to be around the same height then so Isley must be pretty tall.

And this was a really random chapter. Are we still going to get one at the beginning of May?

Quote Quote:
    Little creepy the hooked up before they awakened
    Oh not at all

Riful is only like 12 and Dauf is... however old he is. probably over 20 years old which definitely makes him a pedophile. But i still think it is cute how Dauf has a crush on a 12 year old girl
    In that like of work it must be difficult to find a girlfriend too. So dauf must have lowered his standards, or rather his age limit for girls.

But i really wouldn't have thought that Riful and Dauf met before they awakened. I didn't think that the male and female generations would have mixed like that
    Last edited by Claymore1; April 19, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xFile's Avatar
    Country
    Nicaragua
    Post Thanks / Like

Is just a preparation of Raki tell them what the ghosts.
    Isley may have told him the beginnings of the organization and its experience as a Claymore.
    After all, spent 7 years with him, to the point considered a kind of family.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Did anybody else notice that Isley, Rigaldo, and Dauf's armor all look just like Raki's armor?

So that must mean that Raki got his armor from Isley. And they would have to be around the same height then so Isley must be pretty tall.

And this was a really random chapter. Are we still going to get one at the beginning of May?

Oh not at all

Riful is only like 12 and Dauf is... however old he is. probably over 20 years old which definitely makes him a pedophile. But i still think it is cute how Dauf has a crush on a 12 year old girl
    In that like of work it must be difficult to find a girlfriend too. So dauf must have lowered his standards, or rather his age limit for girls.

But i really wouldn't have thought that Riful and Dauf met before they awakened. I didn't think that the male and female generations would have mixed like that
    dauf also seems like he is a bit slow.... but i love how he is way older then her yet she is more powerful and he listens to her every order....for the most part :P
    and that would be cool wonder if isely kept him armor ? like did he take it off before he awakened ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1

I can tell you read my previous posts (i.e. I wrote all that already) >_< XD

Isley's height is 6,1 according to the databooks and, by my own analysis, Raki is 6,3 which isn't far off....no matter how you put it, he's become a giant.

Riful is also 11 yrs old from another gauging....as for Dauf; bare in mind that the affection is mutual...while, to me, I feel Dauf is merely Riful's favorite toy and he could be replaced if she found someone better....the point is, she became a nigh-100 year old woman trapped in a child's body -- so....the pedophile stuff is moot.

Though, as we can plainly see, he felt something for her now even when she really was that young...

On that, I guess I can argue that their world operates vastly different then ours in term of what is or isn't socially accepted...or that it's all moot and he simply has those issues XD.

Yes, the chapter is still coming out next month.
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 19, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I feel Dauf is merely Riful's favorite toy and he could be replaced if she found someone better
    I don't think so. I feel that Riful and Dauf did really care for eachother. It showed that when Dauf was willing to die for Riful and how mad he was after was dead.

Quote Quote:
    the point is, she became a nigh-100 year old woman trapped in a child's body -- so....the pedophile stuff is moot.
    Yes but at the time they met she was really young and Dauf was a lot older. And Dauf was interested in the 11 year old claymore version of her.
    Last edited by Claymore1; April 19, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast