Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate it?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

18 56.25%
  • Good

12 37.50%
  • Neither good, nor bad

2 6.25%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Horrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Extra Scene 5!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extra Scene 5!

Quote Quote:
    I don't think so. I feel that Riful and Dauf did really care for eachother. It showed that when Dauf was willing to die for Riful and how mad he was after was dead.
    You got it backwards - Dauf definitely felt something for her...it's vice-versa I'm talking about; but even then, you could argue that she strongly defended him - crying again when Priscilla tore his butt apart (XD).

*sigh...I just have the very strong feeling that Riful's affection stemmed from a lack-of-options...she eventually grew to love Dauf in time, but we know also how picky and fickle she is at the same time; had someone better come along.....I feel she could have easily went after him and tossed Dauf aside.

Makes me suddenly want to check on seeing if Dany and I can get more people to make their own "Falling into the Abyss" stories; Riful definitely needs more loving

==

At any rate, what about scanlations? Will Gernot be doing this soon?
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    dude....did you forget that the org still uses males to make half human half yoma hybrids......remember the facility the Tabitha and then destroyed on there way to the org...it was used to make male AB

No, what do you think "non generation male awakened beings" was referring too? Read more carefully ^^

Even if more male awakened beings show up our girls are already downing no.2's and abyssal ones with their morning tea. I can't imagine some random insta awakened male is going to last more then a page.
    ---

As to Riful and Dauf, there's just one scene that kind of sold that relationship for me and that was back around the destroyer arc when dauf was worrying of Riful and she smiled that girlish smile at him. It seemed to me that she was quite happy that Dauf worried about her, despite being much much stronger then him. His worry was cute and endearing to her I'd say, so I think it would be fair to say that they always had a companionable and flirtatious relationship, i need no more detail then that. Remember women aren't only attracted to men based on their looks after all, if she was attracted to Dauf it was probably because he was large bumbling and adorable in the reverse perspective. Imagine watching a Grizzly bear try to pick up a tea cup ^^ something like that.
    Last edited by SaphG1; April 19, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    You got it backwards - Dauf definitely felt something for her...it's vice-versa I'm talking about; but even then, you could argue that she strongly defended him - crying again when Priscilla tore his butt apart (XD).

*sigh...I just have the very strong feeling that Riful's affection stemmed from a lack-of-options...she eventually grew to love Dauf in time, but we know also how picky and fickle she is at the same time; had someone better come along.....I feel she could have easily went after him and tossed Dauf aside.

Makes me suddenly want to check on seeing if Dany and I can get more people to make their own "Falling into the Abyss" stories; Riful definitely needs more loving

==

At any rate, what about scanlations? Will Gernot be doing this soon?
    i kinda agree did she not say that Dauf was the only one who could take her without being ripped to shreds...so i am sure if a smart, strong awakened being that had strong skin and could withstand her she might have ditched Dauf

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful undoubtedly grew to love Dauf eventually...the thing about their relationship, is that it's one based on time and natural growth -- she spent so much time simply trying to find allies (whereas Isley had everything from the start), that naturally, she grew to love Dauf regardless of his flaws....nevertheless, we know how fickle and picky she is and, had she found someone stronger, smarter etc etc...I feel their is indeed a chance she would have replaced him.

Oh, she'd keep him around all right as a minion...she wouldn't outright abandon him - the nice thing about Riful, is that she fights for what is hers, unlike Isley where everything and everyone is expendable; even his so-called friends (Rigardo)....once you grow on her, Riful is a powerful ally who has your back. Nevertheless, if their was someone.....Dauf definitely would have competition to worry about.

Overall, it was unbelievable seeing this extra scene....after Roxanne's death and everything that made me feel disappointed about the latest chapter...this almost makes up for it (almost, mind you) - seeing these old favorites again was just a wonderful surprise, even if a super-small little scene like this.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Heh, going back to the copying and pasting....I'm pretty sure, although not 100%, that Riful's laughing face is taken from Miria...I can't say when or what chapter for sure, but I get a really strong feeling. Oh well XDXD

Disappointing how the symbols for the males seem rather bland...also notice how Dauf is quite slimmer compared to his Awakened form, where he is fatter and much more hunchbacked...the same for Rigardo and Isley actually, who are much more bulked up compared to how we typically saw them as AB's.

---------- Post added April 20, 2012 at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was April 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

Trying to understand the mentality of this ES, indeed, feels like something to think on....not that I didn't like it but, when you think about it, it was very lacking compared to all the other ES' -- all the others had battles and filled in bigger blanks.

This ES though....it felt extremely light-hearted to me and, while it was nice to see how Riful seemingly met Dauf, the three note-worthy males together, and some little bits of new info between the lines and so on...

I don't know - it still paled in comparison to the last ES; if anything, to be perfectly honest, it reminded me more of those hilarious joke-comics that Yagi did way back when that parodied a couple of chapters. The whole tone and feeling of this ES felt very light-hearted and small to me...

Which is why, I think, this was done more out of appeasement to the fans then to actually reveal some truly hidden mystery; because while learning how Riful met Dauf was indeed a mystery...it was certainly a much much smaller mystery then a million other things Yagi could have delved into.

I feel, again, this small little ES was done as an appeasement to the last chapter, and maybe the arc as a whole, which many people didn't like for their own reasons -- you could argue that this ES itself reveals things, such as a possible hiatus coming up....but, in general, I feel it was done more as a treat for the fans then to actually reveal anything particularly noteworthy.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

7. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

weirddddddddddddd...........

anymore extras????

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe next month (although I doubt it). Or maybe in 8 months when next volume will come out (22nd will be out on 4th June).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

'Turned into a weird monster'. So, it seems they had no real concept of what an Awakened Being is, but they were aware it could happen to them. Oddly enough Rigaldo doesn't sound that chagrined about the prospect of turning into one.

Makes you wonder whether male Claymores are somewhat different from their female counterparts, in that the 'dying human rather than turn into a monster' idea didn't really rank at the top of their priorities.

Still, that makes 7 out 10 single digits that awakened (that we know of), so the fact that male awakened faster is indeed a fact.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i get the feeling Riful was a little twisted. She probably awakened under gruesome circumstances, possibly involving Dauf

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a nice extra scene. I read it the other day, but forgot to post here. I am sort of surprised that Dauf just immediately fell in love with her though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Yagi had previously written that extra scene (like maybe a long time ago) and did not know when to publish it or if he just recently made it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I wonder if Yagi had previously written that extra scene (like maybe a long time ago) and did not know when to publish it or if he just recently made it?
    The art style suggests he drew it recently, but it's possible he had the rough version already down for some time. But given that there isn't much going on, I suspect he maybe had some time on his hands and decided to do this. Maybe even to appease the fans, as I've seen some say. It certainly worked with me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me wonder if yagi has pre-written extra chapters of at least written down ideas for them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

thought of something....regarding the ghosts...

maybe a future premanition?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... Now that you mention it, Raki resembles Duff a lot in this scene. Compare

I bet this kid is thinking "he stinks" too (after all the workout he's done, not to mention he was a prisoner just a moment ago so Raki must smell like shit and piss - literally) but doesn't say anything to not embarass him in front of everyone. That would also explain why shrimp twins stopped attacking Raki once he raised his arms and exposed his armpits. He stunned them with his odor.

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast