Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Film

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Film

るろうに剣心
    RUROUNI KENSHIN

Genre: Samurai, Historical, Action
    Original Serialization: Weekly Shounen Jump 1994-1999
    Summary:Rurouni Kenshin was a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Watsuki Nobuhiro. The fictional setting takes place during the early Meiji period in Japan. The story is about a fictional assassin named Himura Kenshin, from the Bakumatsu who becomes a wanderer to protect the people of Japan.

Produced by Warner Bros., with actual film production done by Studio Swan, the film was directed by Ohtomo Keishi and stars Satou Takeru as Kenshin, Aoki Munetaka as Sanosuke Sagara and Takei Emi as Kaoru.The staff "aims to release the film internationally and eventually make a series."

================================
    Spoiler: My thoughts - possible spoilers! show

Whoa this is a really long post, and probably tl;dr as well Ah wells, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the movie if you've watched it, or anything about it or the sequels that are to come at all, really

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Film

I encourage everyone who is a fan of the Rurouni Kenshin manga and anime to check this out. I'm generally not a fan of live action adaptations of anime or manga, but this one is excellent. The action is incredibly well done, and you'll notice how the movements and even in some cases signature moves...are near perfect equivalents of the manga/anime. The soundtrack is epic, and quite emotional...screenplay very well written and the casting couldn't be better.

Even if you never read or watched Ruruoni Kenshin before...I would recommend this film. It is that good.

New Reply