Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PoT1: Seigaku vs. Rikkai (Kanto Finals) - Was It A Mistake?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

PoT1: Seigaku vs. Rikkai (Kanto Finals) - Was It A Mistake?

Should Seigaku really have beaten Rikkai at the Kanto finals? I don't think they were ready to beat a team full of National-ranked players.
    Last edited by Kaoz; April 19, 2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added prefix

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PoT1: Seigaku vs. Rikkai (Kanto Finals) - Was It A Mistake?

I quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte
    However, in terms of overall storyline, I do not agree with the direction Konomi went. Therefore I believe Sanada and Rikkaidai should have won by far. Since Seigaku wins in the end anyway at the Nationals, it would have made for AMAZING hype to see how they will do against a team a billion times better than them. Logically speaking, it was absurd for Seigaku to win. Konomi knew that, that's why at the last second he pulled out this "blind Fuji" and "Inui beating Renji" from his ass.
    By the way, you should add a poll.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends, if I have to choose between Rikkai and Seigaku Kantou and National final. Kantou>>>>>>>>>National by miles. If that were the case, then I think the national is a mistake.

Here's the "flow" of what I think Kantou should have be. I just mean the flow of the match. That's why you'll see some repeat characters. In fact, tons of repeat characters.

D2: Momoshiro/Kaidoh vs Champion Pair
    -Awesome match to show Rikkai power.
    D1: Kaidoh/Inui vs Kirihara/Renji
    -Another match that seemed to show Rikkai dominance.
    S3: Fuji vs Niou
    -Except Fuji can get the lose this time.
    S2: Fuji vs Kirihara
    -Without close eye stuff
    S1: Tezuka vs Sanada without Phantom
    -Another showing of domination of Rikkai

That way, when the National come, Rikkai will be seen as high wall to overcome. Here's my dream national match up.

S3: Fuji or Inui vs Yanagi or Kirihara (Most preferably Yanagi)
    D2: Momoshiro/Kaidoh vs Niou/Yagyuu
    S2: Tezuka vs Yukimura or Sanada
    D1: Golden Pair vs Champion Pair
    S1:Echizen vs Sanada or Yukimura

That've been awesome. I'm not sure on D2, but for the rest of them it should be able to keep the fan in anticipation.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how the Kantou Tournament should have looked like:

D2: Momoshiro/Kaidoh vs Bunta/Jackal (Rikkaidai 6-1)
    D1: Kikumaru/Oishi vs Niou/Yagyuu (Rikkaidai 6-2)
    S3: Inui vs Kirihara (Rikkaidai 6-0)
    S2: Fuji vs Renji (Rikkaidai 6-4)
    S1: Echizen vs Sanada (Rikkaidai 6-0)

D2: The way it happened in the manga was fine
    D1: The way it happened in the manga was fine
    S3: It should be shown that Inui gets serious to pump up the reader, only to be destroyed by Kirihara.
    S2: Despite already losing, Fuji tries to win at least one game for Seigaku, but is overwhelmed in the end by Renji.
    S1: Echizen is determined to win 1 game for Seigaku, only to have Sanada unleash all of FuuRinKaZan on him, sending him into an emotional depression.

Now THAT is how it SHOULD have happened.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    This is how the Kantou Tournament should have looked like:

D2: Momoshiro/Kaidoh vs Bunta/Jackal (Rikkaidai 6-1)
    D1: Kikumaru/Oishi vs Niou/Yagyuu (Rikkaidai 6-2)
    S3: Inui vs Kirihara (Rikkaidai 6-0)
    S2: Fuji vs Renji (Rikkaidai 6-4)
    S1: Echizen vs Sanada (Rikkaidai 6-0)

D2: The way it happened in the manga was fine
    D1: The way it happened in the manga was fine
    S3: It should be shown that Inui gets serious to pump up the reader, only to be destroyed by Kirihara.
    S2: Despite already losing, Fuji tries to win at least one game for Seigaku, but is overwhelmed in the end by Renji.
    S1: Echizen is determined to win 1 game for Seigaku, only to have Sanada unleash all of FuuRinKaZan on him, sending him into an emotional depression.

Now THAT is how it SHOULD have happened.
    Woah... Inui losing 6-0?? I agree with everything EXCEPT that idea solely. Screw 6-0, Inui would take games from Regionals!Kirihara and I dont see Kirihara > Inui right now as Inui > Yanagi due to plot power.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Wait a minute... Someting tells me you think Yanagi > Fuji... Thats not true is it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Woah... Inui losing 6-0?? I agree with everything EXCEPT that idea solely. Screw 6-0, Inui would take games from Regionals!Kirihara and I dont see Kirihara > Inui right now as Inui > Yanagi due to plot power.
    Inui would have gotten shat on, I'm sorry. Inui is absolutely useless without plot power. If Inui doesn't "HAVE TO WIN" (due to plot progression) he wont. If you take skill alone, Kirihara is WAY out of his league. If Seigaku didn't have to win, Inui gets 6-0'd. End of story. Inui is nowhere near Tachibana.

Quote Quote:
    Wait a minute... Someting tells me you think Yanagi > Fuji... Thats not true is it?
    Plot power included? No.
    Plot power excluded? Yes.

Plot is the only reason Fuji is where he is. Let's be real. Konomi pulling Fuji crap out his ass since season 1.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked it that Seigaku won but I do agree that is was very predictable. I would have been satisfied either way but to be honest, losing to Rikkai might have been a good stepping stone for Seigaku.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Inui would have gotten shat on, I'm sorry. Inui is absolutely useless without plot power. If Inui doesn't "HAVE TO WIN" (due to plot progression) he wont. If you take skill alone, Kirihara is WAY out of his league. If Seigaku didn't have to win, Inui gets 6-0'd. End of story. Inui is nowhere near Tachibana.

Plot power included? No.
    Plot power excluded? Yes.

Plot is the only reason Fuji is where he is. Let's be real. Konomi pulling Fuji crap out his ass since season 1.
    PRECISELY
    You get what I was saying!
    Its thanks to plot power why Inui would not get owned.

Honestly what your saying makes sense but Konomi's level of plot power when it comes to Seigaku characters are immeasurable.
    Kawamura VS Gin, was he taking the piss? One shot at the end and as usual, cliche 5-0 (40-0) Match point, Kawamura clinches it,
    Now coz of plot power, Kawamura = Gin since now Kawamura can control 108 degrees of Hadoukyu comfortably.

Seigaku characters improvement due to plot power is absolutely ridiculous but they are the main cast so thats how it is.

When looking at Regionals logically yeah Yanagi > Fuji and Kirihara > Inui. But looking at with one of Konomi's two special techniques plot power and the other being fodderization,
    Fuji > Yanagi without a shadow of a doubt and Inui > Kirihara comfortably.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When looking at Regionals logically yeah Yanagi > Fuji
    Explain this logic to me again please, I must have missed it.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Yanagi was hyped up as being Sanada and Yuki's level. So somebody of their level who uses Data should initially defeat Fuji.
    However plot power changed that as Yanagi is clearly nowhere near Sanada/Yuki level and is DEFINETELY below Fuji level and its Inui > Yanagi.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yanagi was hyped up as being Sanada and Yuki's level. So somebody of their level who uses Data should initially defeat Fuji.
    However plot power changed that as Yanagi is clearly nowhere near Sanada/Yuki level and is DEFINETELY below Fuji level and its Inui > Yanagi.
    Not really since Fuji is known as the guy who counters data tennis.

And why were they hyped? Because they dominated at the nationals the previous year. However during that year the level wasn't nearly as high as during this year. So let's say that Yukimura, Sanada and Yanagi all won each of their matches during the previous year 6-0 (not necessarily the case, but you get the point). From a viewer's perspective they seem to be on the same level, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's really the case, their opponents might just have been bad enough that the difference wasn't visible.

Now that the rest of the competion got stronger, the difference is more obvious.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really since Fuji is known as the guy who counters data tennis.

And why were they hyped? Because they dominated at the nationals the previous year. However during that year the level wasn't nearly as high as during this year. So let's say that Yukimura, Sanada and Yanagi all won each of their matches during the previous year 6-0 (not necessarily the case, but you get the point).
    From a viewer's perspective they seem to be on the same level, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's really the case, their opponents might just have been bad enough that the difference wasn't visible.
    Except the fact that they were listed and titled together as a trio. Implying they were the same level. It could have been, Yuki/Sanada... and Yanagi. But it was the three.
    They were hyped as they dominated the nationals for 2 years in a row yeah, but they were titled together implying they were the same.

Now that the rest of the competion got stronger, the difference is more obvious.
    Explain.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They're the called the Great Three Monsters of Rikkai for a reason. I don't think Fuji could've beaten Yanagi at the regionals, either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's Konomi being inconsistent in his writings. Yanagi never look strong until he dominate Devil Mode Kirihara in SPoT.

Fuji's always stated to be number 2, above Inui. I think that's probably what Kaoz's mean. If there's any plot hax in the writings, I think Kirihara is the one that's getting it in then Kantou Final. Inui is always stated to be Seigaku number 3 pre-Echizen. And Yanagi AND Inui are both shown to be really rather strong in SPoT.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think it's Konomi being inconsistent in his writings. Yanagi never look strong until he dominate Devil Mode Kirihara in SPoT.
    Nah, Yanagi was always a tough opponent. The fact that his data was more precise than Inui's made him a serious threat. How Inui won that bout by his abandoning of abandoning of his data is pure plot. Puuuuuuuuuuure plot. Yanagi should've murked him. If anything, Yanagi and Inui got nerfed in SPoT; Akuto's an even more perfect version of Yanagi, and Yanagi couldn't beat him - even Inui only had a 33.11% (just about?) chance of beating him, after the training. And Akuto was only number 17(methinks).

Quote Quote:
    Fuji's always stated to be number 2, above Inui. I think that's probably what Kaoz's mean. If there's any plot hax in the writings, I think Kirihara is the one that's getting it in then Kantou Final. Inui is always stated to be Seigaku number 3 pre-Echizen. And Yanagi AND Inui are both shown to be really rather strong in SPoT.
    Fuji's a Mary Sue. That's why having him get beat by Shiraishi was such a great turnout. Kirihara was always intended to be an anti-Echizen kinda character. He even accessed Muga. His full-bodied Devil Mode was surprisingly balanced and well-done. He gained an increase in speed and power but it was nothing outrageous.

Angel Mode, however, wasn't as up to par as Devil Mode.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast