Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PoT1: Seigaku vs. Rikkai (Kanto Finals) - Was It A Mistake?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PoT1: Seigaku vs. Rikkai (Kanto Finals) - Was It A Mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Taking everything in account is fine, but you kept saying you didnt see my ''logic''. I have given logic to the passing comment I made but you may feel indifferent to this.
    If I felt indifferent to this, I wouldn't be arguing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Ill say so again. Knowing Yanagi and Sanada are at different levels prior to facing Fuji would help in terms of blaming things on plot power. If Fuji won I wouldnt be stunned and wouldnt necessarily blame it on plot power had it been Yuki/Sanada the 2 demons, and Yanagi the best data player as oppose to the great 3.
    That's not a logical explanation. Here's what we know prior to the match if you allow me to include the flashback from Yanagi's and Inui's childhood (which isn't too farfetched since if Yanagi doesn't play Inui, it only makes sense to have the flashback prior to the match):
    -Inui never beat Fuji and was unable to gather any data on him
    -Yanagi was beating Inui 6-4 at best and uses a similiar style

How do you get Yanagi > Fuji out of that again? Hype? It's not like Fuji wasn't hyped up, being known as genius.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing about them being called the three demons. They are likely called that because all three of them became regulars during their first year, and they were the three people that led Rikkai to the national championship. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their level relative to each other though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Airgrimes didn't you get owned by another poster in another thread explaining to you why and how Yanagi can be better than Inui and still lose to him?

In sports there's a little thing call match up. Some teams or players just match up better against another team or player and it doesn't matter if it's an individual or team game or whether one team or player is higher ranked then another.

In this case Inui knows Yanagi inside and out and that how he was able to beat him plus Inui was very bitter on the way Yanagi dropped him like a bad hooker as a doubles partner. Add the motivation and the fact he matches up well against Yanagi this equals a recipe for an upset.

I'm sure you watch sports and in sports upsets happens all the time that's why they say the game is not played on paper. This explains how Seigaku can beat Rikki. I mean we see Tekzuka lose to both Atobe and Sanada. Yukimura beats Sanada. Then we see R. Echizen defeating Atobe, Sanada and Yukimura yet he has the hardest time beating Tekzuka. Why because it's all about the MATCH UP!

PLUS I don't understand why Konomi have Yukimura's character design to look like a b**ch. I mean Yukimura is supossed to be bad ass and the final boss in PoT but my god man that guy looks like a wuss. Niou and Shiraishi look more like final bosses. If anything Shiraishi's character design should have been for Yukimura and Yukimura's should have been for Shiraishi. I can picture that long purple hair, headband wearing Yukimura saying "ecstasy" more so than the bandage armed Shiraishi.

I'm not a Yuki hater I just wish he looked cooler (I like jacket over the shoulder look but the head band and the hair screams... um it's screams... the word I'm looking for is a part of the female anatomy)
    Last edited by Kalel; April 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
    In this case Inui knows Yanagi inside and out
    People are always quick to point this out, but nobody ever mentions that this is true the other way around as well. We've seen before the match that they both know each other really well.

Also I sincerely hope you won't include those two paragraphs about Yukimura's character design in every post you make. Oh, and welcome to MH, enjoy your stay, read the rules etc.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Airgrimes didn't you get owned by another poster in another thread explaining to you why and how Yanagi can be better than Inui and still lose to him?
    Nope I didnt. You should read the whole argument coz it ended with Inui being above Yanagi until someone could provide evidence otherwise and til now there hasnt been evidence otherwise. Your a funny kid, never seen someone begin asking if somebody got owned lol.

In sports there's a little thing call match up. Some teams or players just match up better against another team or player and it doesn't matter if it's an individual or team game or whether one team or player is higher ranked then another.
    this is a manga that is illogical, nice work on comparing it to real life. Where in this manga, your either stronger than someone or your not.
    Its this simple. This series kinda works in tiers. Check the Tier thread if you disagree.

Inui > Yanagi bro. I didnt get owned on that question. Everybody here has lost arguments but this isnt one I lost.
    Mitsuya taught Yanagi, Yanagi taught Inui. Inui defeated his teacher, yet Yanagi cant defeat HIS teacher? Why not? Yet Inui can defeat his teacher's teacher?
    Yet Mitsuya the original teacher can totally wipe the floor with his student? Im sorry but Inui > Mitsuya > Yanagi and its been made simple for us. Please argue against me you see flaws in what Ive said.

In this case Inui knows Yanagi inside and out and that how he was able to beat him plus Inui was very bitter on the way Yanagi dropped him like a bad hooker as a doubles partner. Add the motivation and the fact he matches up well against Yanagi this equals a recipe for an upset.
    Your an idiot if you thought this was a good argument.
    This works the other way around. Yanagi knows Inui inside out. Why didnt Yanagi win?
    Inui defeated Mitsuya who he just met, Yanagi and Mitsuya who knew each other for years ended in Yanagi fainting.

I'm sure you watch sports and in sports upsets happens all the time that's why they say the game is not played on paper. This explains how Seigaku can beat Rikki. I mean we see Tekzuka lose to both Atobe and Sanada. Yukimura beats Sanada. Then we see R. Echizen defeating Atobe, Sanada and Yukimura yet he has the hardest time beating Tekzuka. Why because it's all about the MATCH UP!
    Not really.
    Yanagi and Inui dont relate to this.
    Also, Ryoma at the end of Nationals would have defeated Tezuka, Sanada, Yukimura and everyone else.
    Tezuka is only better than Ryoma again due to TMnK.
    Had TMnK Ryoma from Part I faced PriorToU-17Camp!Tezuka we are all well aware that Tezuka would lose.

About your Yuki issue, do you feel the same with Fuji? Who is better than most players in the series? I reckon its to add more variety to characters and make it more real. Not that it matters, but im at a massive High School with 1300 in my year, there are some guys in sports teams who seem feminine but are really good compared to first thoughts lol.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3