Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69

Thread: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

  1. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    ^^^^

    Fra was attacked by her own people. I'll bet thats the last thing she expected to happen.

    There's not that much going on in this war really.

    The gantz grew is off in one section, and these mech's are here.

    That space ship is the size of an entire continent, so the area's actually affected by the Gantz retaliation is very small.

    If they were behind the mech's technically they are safe.

    That is of course, until her own people decided to attack her.

  2. #47
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    please. for the love of god. let that girl die. If i have to read one more, "keichan tae-chan" Imma stab a bitch.

  3. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    ^^^^ There's not that much going on in this war really.

    The gantz grew is off in one section, and these mech's are here.

    That space ship is the size of an entire continent, so the area's actually affected by the Gantz retaliation is very small.

    If they were behind the mech's technically they are safe.

    That is of course, until her own people decided to attack her.
    The damage to the giants is minimal. A few buildings are damaged, a few civilians are dead.

    The war has already been won. Government's all over the world have given in to the demands of the giants and are using their propoganda to bring any survivors out of hiding.

    Tokyo's one chance to do meaningful damage to the giants just failed. Very soon all of the mechs will be destroyed and the zaibatsu simply won't have anything left to throw at that tower, even if they do regain control of the gantz tech.

    The one thing that was gained from this event is that Kei now knows where the weakpoint is. It is looking like he will be directing his own attack on the tower in future. Otherwise I just don't know how this conflict will resolve itself.

    ---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    Also, bad move from Fra driving towards Kei on a bloody battlefield.
    What were they going to do, show moral support?
    She has the DNA tracker. I'm guessing she was planning to airlift him out somehow :/

  4. #49
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    The damage to the giants is minimal. A few buildings are damaged, a few civilians are dead.

    The war has already been won. Government's all over the world have given in to the demands of the giants and are using their propoganda to bring any survivors out of hiding.

    Tokyo's one chance to do meaningful damage to the giants just failed. Very soon all of the mechs will be destroyed and the zaibatsu simply won't have anything left to throw at that tower, even if they do regain control of the gantz tech.

    The one thing that was gained from this event is that Kei now knows where the weakpoint is. It is looking like he will be directing his own attack on the tower in future. Otherwise I just don't know how this conflict will resolve itself.
    Thats essentially what I'm hoping for too.

    And the fuel to complete that will probably come from tae dying.

    I'm calling it now that when Tae dies, I'm going to cry.

    Everytime that relationship gets messed with it hits a persona note for me.

    I would have prefered her to have been teleported out, but that didn't happen.

  5. #50
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derp central
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    @mcd693
    Why u no like Tae? She cries because she's scared wouldn't you be scared if you were introduced to a world full of extreme violence, hate and destruction, while you were naked being held slave to aliens and than finally found your love and than once again he disappeared on you and then it came to a conclusion of him maybe dying... I see why you hate her but she's a girl who's weak and has no one else in her life (due to her family being killed). I get that Gantz is about the boobs and violence, but it does have a whole other generation of viewers who enjoy it for it's characters and it's realism on human psychology. But however it is becoming more like a Hollywood drama-love story, I'll admit that.

    Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

  6. #51
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    I really agree with that statement. I do enjoy the characters, action, and psychology of the series a lot more than the gore and boobies(though I will admit they are nice lol.) I think most people just want to see Tae die because Oku not so long ago went on this HUGE tedious adventure of Tae having numerous near-death encounters. This is making a lot of people think at this point that if they are going to build up to a character's death, than just do it.
    I'm thinking Tae will eventually die, though it won't be for awhile longer. I still think up next on the death list is one of the newer gantz members.

  7. #52
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    Its really got nothing to do with the character.

    I imagine its just that people want to see other aspects of the story. So they turn this aggravation into nit-picking the characters.

    This is what happens also when every character in the story matters so much.

    If these were a traditional story, it would just be following Kei. We would really have no idea whats going on else where. They could just tell us the impact they are having.

    It wouldn't be as interesting though, but at the same time, we just can erase characters.

    They all matter in Gantz.

  8. #53
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derp central
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    mmhmmm the boobs and violence is what attracted me in the first place, now it's just the dark style and the psychology of the characters that I enjoy at the moment. Tae is sure to die in the next 5 chapters (My thought) but hopefully not... I agree that the next to die is a newer member of Katos team.

    Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

  9. #54
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    In all honesty, I want Kato's entire team to surive.

    They aren't main characters, so the significance of losing them is minimal.

    Most likely anyone that is just ON THEIR OWN, is bound to die.

    This is the what all of the dead main characters have in common at the moment.

    Kato's girlfriend just came back. It would be horrid writing to kill off such an influential character so quickly. And spending time and effort on characters that no one has invested interests in can be better spent elsewhere.

  10. #55
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    In all honesty, I want Kato's entire team to surive.

    They aren't main characters, so the significance of losing them is minimal.

    Most likely anyone that is just ON THEIR OWN, is bound to die.

    This is the what all of the dead main characters have in common at the moment.

    Kato's girlfriend just came back. It would be horrid writing to kill off such an influential character so quickly. And spending time and effort on characters that no one has invested interests in can be better spent elsewhere.

    What the hell is so "influential" on Katou's new girlfriend(if you can her that?)? Did she do anything special? She was pretty cool at the beginning, but didn't do anything important or big the whole time she was/is in the manga. And now she is as useless and stupid like Kishimoto, not to mention that she seem to forgot about her child because Katou is now more important for her.
    I personally hope she is one of the next people that die! And I hope super gory! And I'm not a fan of glorifying violence, but she deserves it, the same way as stupid Kishimoto!
    IMO, the Nerd is a lot more influential, because he overcame his fear and weakness, gained 100 points and kept his promise to waste his points for stupid Anzu, he even saved that little girl and did lots of cool stuff during the Nuri mission!
    And yes, even the stupid Vampires are better(even when I hate them!!!)! Hikawa was one of the reasons why they could defeat Nuri.
    I really hate how useless and stupid the most girls in Gantz are! Really hope that Mary stays cool and survives long enough that we can enjoy her, also want to see more of that "new" old man(forgot his name)! I wonder what he is able to do!=)
    Last edited by GAT-X252; May 06, 2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Spoiler

  11. #56
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    That hover car is pretty tough or those hammer heads are weak. I don't see how they expected to fight off bulkier robots.

  12. #57
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derp central
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    @A_N_G_E_L
    The reason why most people like the Gantz girls are because there super cute and awesome, they're like cheerleaders most of the time. Now from your perspective and mine the Gantz girls are useless... However as you said Mary is a complete bad ass so was Reika. This guy kliff2004 is just showing his love for Anzu, like any other guy; I have a huge thing for Anzu as well, I don't know why though maybe it's the fact that she's super Cute and HAWT! Some of Okus earlier titles such as: Hen and Me teru no Kimochi have protagonists which are in fact females that play a love story and look good while doing it, that's Okus whole style, "Big tits and cute girlish faces". But hopefully in the future he can develop more characters that are female leads set in the same universe as Gantz or other titles that play a non "hentai" role.

    Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

  13. #58
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    Shes Kato's girlfriend. I like kato, therefore I like his girlfriend. In order to say she "doesn't care about her son" you must also admit that Kato doesn't care about his brother. Its just a simple extension of your own logic. Both of them have made little mention of those they take care of since they got back together, so it would be logical to assume the same thing about Kato.

    Influential may not be the best term to use, but she has back story, and invested interest. She was just revived, and it would simply be bad writing to kill her now. Oku wrote her for a reason, AND BROUGHT HER BACK for a reason. or...........he didn't. Even if the reason is as simple as helping motivate Kato.

    If he didn't then its just another example of his misuse of plot elements.

    It seems that your preference is not the progression of the story, but just watching characters you don't like die.

    I personally want Oku to have a more well written story.

    I do not look forward to him wasting time and energy on Filler Gantz fighters.

    Kato's team was made up on the spot so that oku could write some good fights. That is their purpose. They are good at fights also. SO I want them to stay around to fight more.

    I do not want these people taking the spot light over the other main characters in terms of deaths.

    A death is significant. A fight is just entertaining and fun.

    In stark trek there was always the "red shirt" guy who didn't matter at all, and he died because he was expendable, and it would intensify the situation.

    Thats all fine and dandy, but so far each death takes up an 3 or 4 entire fuckin mangas to complete.

    Do you really want to Oku to waste that much time and effort on a character you don't even like?

    Its a bit of a contradiction to WANT a character you don't like to have several issues dedicated to building up their death and then the actual death.

    What you should be saying is "I hate this character and I don't want to have my time wasted on building up their death."

    Nice way to spoil the next issue for everyone buddy.

    Try to be more considerate next time.
    Last edited by kliff2004; May 06, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

  14. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    @kliff2004:
    Anzu left her kid in another city. On the other hand we know Katou searched for his brother. Most likely he's found a safe place to put him even if it has been explicitly stated. Anzu on the other hand hasn't mentioned her son at all and actually moved cities to be with Katou. The boy is like 1 year old. At least Ayamu knows how to keep his head down and survive.

    They are completely different (though Katou is still reckless as hell).

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #60
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Confused Re: Gantz 362 Discussion/363 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gantzter127 View Post
    @A_N_G_E_L
    The reason why most people like the Gantz girls are because there super cute and awesome, they're like cheerleaders most of the time. Now from your perspective and mine the Gantz girls are useless... However as you said Mary is a complete bad ass so was Reika. This guy kliff2004 is just showing his love for Anzu, like any other guy; I have a huge thing for Anzu as well, I don't know why though maybe it's the fact that she's super Cute and HAWT! Some of Okus earlier titles such as: Hen and Me teru no Kimochi have protagonists which are in fact females that play a love story and look good while doing it, that's Okus whole style, "Big tits and cute girlish faces". But hopefully in the future he can develop more characters that are female leads set in the same universe as Gantz or other titles that play a non "hentai" role.
    The most girls in Gantz are just there for fan service and those are not much liked unless you just need masturbation material. If you really care for characters and story, the most popular girls are those who actually can do stuff, like Sei, Mary and Reika. Unfortunately the main characters always get the dumbest and most useless girls!

    And the big boobs fetish is a past thing of Oku, I remember he mentioned that his love for big boobs isn't as big anymore.


    Quote Quote:
    Shes Kato's girlfriend.
    In her head maybe. I can't remember that Katou even once was thinking of Anzu after the Nuri mission. He even flirted with stupid Kishimoto on the train station and everyone knows that Kurono and his little brother are the center of his life!

    I don't mind love stories in Gantz, if they were written better. It is super annoying and unrealistic when a girl falls in love to a total stranger in less than 2 hours and gets so obsessed that she even sacrifice her own worthless life to him!

    Quote Quote:
    Kato doesn't care about his brother.
    What??? He cares a lot about him! I agree with Damura's post.

    Quote Quote:
    Influential may not be the best term to use, but she has back story, and invested interest. She was just revived, and it would simply be bad writing to kill her now. Oku wrote her for a reason, AND BROUGHT HER BACK for a reason. or...........he didn't. Even if the reason is as simple as helping motivate Kato.
    I agree with the bad writing, like I said, I hate how awfully written the most female characters in Gantz are.
    If she returned for a reason, then tell me why he met Kishimoto again?
    Motivate Katou, hmmm? That is one of the reasons why I hope she dies before Katou. If he really loves her, I hope to see him go berserk!

    Quote Quote:
    It seems that your preference is not the progression of the story, but just watching characters you don't like die.
    You are wrong on the first part; I care a lot for the story! That's why I'm not fuzzy how the whole story is going since the end of the Italy mission. For the last part you are right; it is fun to see retarded and useless characters die!

    Quote Quote:
    Nice way to spoil the next issue for everyone buddy.
    Maybe for you, because I wrecked your romantic illusion of some fictional characters.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts