Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Characters and abilities with unknown Nen categories

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Characters and abilities with unknown Nen categories

I just realized that Ikarugo could possess Meruem body.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean obviously he wouldn't be able to pierce his skin would he? He is a sniper so maybe, but I'm assuming if Uvo can deal with a sniper with relative ease, so can Meryem. What if Illumi or Shalnark teamed up with someone similar to Meloreon or Chrollo doing his teleportation ability, do you think they could pierce Meryem somewhere with a needle and possess him? I guess that's the question with that style of manipulation, whether or not Meryem unguarded could be pierced with a nen needle or something. Obviously no one is as fast as meryem so something like teleportation or invisibility would be necessary to do it. Also what about the Ortho Siblings darts? Could that attack Meryem, what type of ability do you guys think it is? Manipulation/Conjuring? maybe Specialization I guess. I was never too clear on it. There's several ants who's abilities remain a mystery to me.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; June 28, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the darts could certainly get to mereum IMO however actually hurting him is an entirely different thing. I mean, the guy has some pretty sick nen and has yupi's ability along with a probably insect like armor or something. I don't think the darts would actually harm him. As for what type of nen it is, IMO it is a bit complicated. The issue at hand is that it is a combination nen between two people. If I were to guess I would think it kinda works this way:

1.- Sister: She uses conjuration.
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14248...apter-239.html
    And then she adds a condition, when the badge is on the brother he can use his ability.
    2.- Brother: Emission
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14248...apter-239.html
    Killia mentions it is a fish made from nen which pretty much rules out conjuration. Now, for the nen to appear elsewhere it would actually require emission and/or manipulation. Manipulation of the object to make it have an effect and emission to attack at long distance. I guess it could be primarily manipulation but emission makes more sense to me as that would seem to be the primary means of causing damage. Perhaps that would not matter as the risk of the game is pretty high.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well sure ants are stronger then humans, but we don't know much about their skin compared to squad leaders when Nen isn't involved. I'd assume above average nen if attacking the right spot could at least slightly pierce Meryem's skin unguarded by nen. :P Hard to say really.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Well sure ants are stronger then humans, but we don't know much about their skin compared to squad leaders when Nen isn't involved. I'd assume above average nen if attacking the right spot could at least slightly pierce Meryem's skin unguarded by nen. :P Hard to say really.
    Kite lost to Pito before she knew Nen. So they are that strong before using Nen.

But Umm Why is the President labeled an Enhancer with the Hatsu ability Imo that is Emission and manipulation..Where is this officially stated?? Some may think Conjurer for his ability but his Statue holds no hidden ability which is why i stray away from it cause Netero was crazy he would you know make some dumb item up and put a whole bunch of crazy rules on it....Also my biggest alarm is that he has to use manipulation which is far ass hell from his category and conjure if it is that which i don't believe..So Why is he labeled an Enhancer using categories he can't achieve much power in?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Kite lost to Pito before she knew Nen. So they are that strong before using Nen.

But Umm Why is the President labeled an Enhancer with the Hatsu ability Imo that is Emission and manipulation..Where is this officially stated?? Some may think Conjurer for his ability but his Statue holds no hidden ability which is why i stray away from it cause Netero was crazy he would you know make some dumb item up and put a whole bunch of crazy rules on it....Also my biggest alarm is that he has to use manipulation which is far ass hell from his category and conjure if it is that which i don't believe..So Why is he labeled an Enhancer using categories he can't achieve much power in?
    She did knew Nen. Remember that the first one to be killed was Pokkle and they learned from him. Pitou, to experience her new power, went to fight against Kite.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    She did knew Nen. Remember that the first one to be killed was Pokkle and they learned from him. Pitou, to experience her new power, went to fight against Kite.
    Uhh Wait, your right she had just learned Nen. She wasn't skilled and had a low difficulty with Kite seeing her clothes were all frayed and she a bit bruised....Gon, Killua fought against ants though who did't know Nen. insects skeleton are on the outside of their body not like us who are flesh and rather easy to break. So that's one of the big difference's in durability with Ants vs Humans.

But What about Netero's Hatsu how can he be n Enhancer using a conjuring ability that's dumb...Well dumb for somebody like Netero to be using hatsu that limits him so much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Netero uses Emission, not Materialization, which is only one school away. The most obvious explanation would be that Reinforcement abilities decline in both quantity (amount of aura) and quality (you're physically weaker) as you age while aura-based abilities only decline as a function of quantity.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Netero uses Emission, not Materialization, which is only one school away. The most obvious explanation would be that Reinforcement abilities decline in both quantity (amount of aura) and quality (you're physically weaker) as you age while aura-based abilities only decline as a function of quantity.
    Ok, thanks cause I was thinking the same. His technique had to be Emission. HXHpedia and Ppl just assume it's an conjure ability. I can accept his Enhancer placement now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Ok, thanks cause I was thinking the same. His technique had to be Emission. HXHpedia and Ppl just assume it's an conjure ability. I can accept his Enhancer placement now.
    Well technically it never says what school he uses, but it seems like in HXH if you create a humanoid object that does relatively simple things it's an Emission tech, as opposed to Materialization tech. For all its power, Netero's statue doesn't do anything complicated beyond bashing things in a really fast speed. It's arguably less complicated than what Razor's clones do, which are definitely Emission based.

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10