Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Is Alluka/Nanika using Nen?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 93.33%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Mandatory Pollwhore Option

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nen's limit?!?!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nen's limit?!?!

Ok so to my understanding by Strengthen your will determination and placing strict limits and oaths on how to use your nen ability and when on who, or if I use it this...creates phenomenons beyond human power..

No Nen ability can be "beyond human boundaries." What this means is that you can't have an ability that is limitless. For example, you can't conjure a sword that can cut through anything. However, if you can set very strict limitations on it, then you can conjure a sword that can cut through anything given that the limitations are met. For example, Kurapika was unable to conjure an unbreakable chain. However, he was able to conjure a chain that was unbreakable by any Phantom Troupe member after making a contract.

So it's pretty funny how nobody has mentioned or brought any attention to this yet. But how is Alluka/Nanika Killua's or anybody for that fact, magic Genie....She has no limits on what she can grant....I love HXH but her Nen ability breaks that Law of Nen which I loved an hated so much cause HxH is still Fictional..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nen's limit?!?!

You could say that, but the fact is we still don't know anything about Nanika, where it came from, and if it fits the title of human at all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Thousan D Sunny's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, until now we haven't seen any wish Alluka granted, which was limitless. Teleporting Ilumi is valid since Greed Island, letting a million jenny fall from a sky ship obviously too. And as Gon's condition after is fight again Neferpito was caused by Nen and actually natural (he just grew older), it must me possible to heal/return him with Nen.
    Have I forget any remarkable wishes...?

Silver said that her powers are probabily limitless, but we haven't witnessed anything special.
    The new Shounen Jump Big Three:
    One Piece
    Hunter x Hunter
    Toriko

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

but Alluka's power does have strict limitations....as long as Killua isn't the one making a wish.
    Plus, there's also a big condition "Alluka must gave up controlof his/her body to Nanika in order to grant wishes"

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to distinguish. Even with the strictest limitation, you can't create a sword, which cuts everything, as such a sword can't exist. So even if the topics are tightly connected, it's not about whether the conditions (pesterings) to wish from Alluka are well balanced concerning the Nen rules we know. It's about whether the ability itself is possible independent from the conditions.
    As far as we know, you can wish anything from Alluka and the corresponding pesterings come afterwards. So actually Allukas power is limitless, as there are no real conditions you have to fulfill to wish from her. But as I tried to show above, we haven't see anything, another Nen user wouldn't be capable of.
    Last edited by Thousan D Sunny; March 04, 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo
    One Piece
    Hunter x Hunter
    Toriko

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Alluka's restrictions are good enough. She gets posessed when making the wish, she can't grant herself a wish, and of course there's also the whole pestering thing.

One thing I noticed is that people who can't use Nen consciously (Neon, Alluka) usually have some of the best abilities. I think that not being able to use Nen subconsciously acts as a restriction, greatly boosting the ability's power.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I sound like a broken disc record, but the topic are not Allukas restrictions to use her ability - which are of course good enough - but whether her ability is "beyond human boundaries" like XXGenesis wrote in the opening post and which shouldn't be possible based on our current information about Nen.
    One Piece
    Hunter x Hunter
    Toriko

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Specialization type is said to be something that "doesn't fit in the other types". Maybe some very rare Specialization individuals can bend a bit the "beyond human boundaries" thing?

Of course, all of this is just speculation at this point. I'm pretty sure we're going to get more insight into Alluka at some point.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you could be right. But it would be too easy for Togashi, if every off-the-rules nen ability is possible, because it's spezialization. When I read that Poknoda's mind reading ability is spezialization I was really disappointed, since that's always an easy way out (like Sasuke being badass, because of his eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're going to get more insight into Alluka at some point.
    Definitely. But the question is, at which point? Now that Killua and Gon have separated after hundreds of chapters, we probably won't see the siblings for long time.
    One Piece
    Hunter x Hunter
    Toriko

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Beware, Human Boundaries means that everything that Human CAN'T imagine. Let's say this: No one can make a sword that cuts everything because anyone knows everything. That's why Kurapika Master said there was ways to create something really close of it because that depends on your own knowledge and imagination and specially the last one.

So far, everything that was shown of Nen has respected this law. Yes, even Meruem. They pay of his power is the life of many who died for him to born and all the ones He needs to EAT to gain his own power.

Alluka, in the other hand, can give everything because She leaves the imagination part to the wisher and just determinate the price. If you want, She's kinda Nen itself.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, is there any indication that alluka is even using nen? If I recall she has never actually been called a nen user. If we think about it, we are just assuming she uses nen simply because the manga revolves around nen however the manga has never actually stated or implied she is any form of nen user. This is interesting because there is an actual very strong possibility that alluka is doing intrinsically different from nen itself.

I also don't think the whole thing is a simple matter of leaving the imagination part to someone else. If such a rule worked in some form then it would be plausible for anyone to actually grant wishes that way. Alluka even has a gennie of sorts living inside of her (perhaps it is similar to that nostrad girl who made predictions without knowing how she actually did it or where they came from however that still does not change that nanika herself has never been referred to as a nen user of any sort). More so, it is innately strange that nanika grants the wish basically, she is using the ability, and it is someone else who pays without we ever noticing nanika imposing some sort of nen on the person who wishes. Even then, if there were actually rules to this then killua would still be bounded by the rules. To me, the fact that nanika has the power to arbitrarily grant wishes really does suggest a very real possibility that she is not using nen at all.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thousan D Sunny View Post
    Well, until now we haven't seen any wish Alluka granted, which was limitless. Teleporting Ilumi is valid since Greed Island, letting a million jenny fall from a sky ship obviously too. And as Gon's condition after is fight again Neferpito was caused by Nen and actually natural (he just grew older), it must me possible to heal/return him with Nen.
    Have I forget any remarkable wishes...?

Silver said that her powers are probabily limitless, but we haven't witnessed anything special.
    Alluka/Nanika doesn't create a blimp with a million dollars....a blimp disappeared and money started falling from the sky...She moved Illumi miles and miles away, and removed Gon's contract he made with himself...Something the best Nen removers couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Specialization type is said to be something that "doesn't fit in the other types". Maybe some very rare Specialization individuals can bend a bit the "beyond human boundaries" thing?

Of course, all of this is just speculation at this point. I'm pretty sure we're going to get more insight into Alluka at some point.
    I thought about this too...But No they should still follow this rule at least some bit....Specialization shown so far are...Fortune Telling, Stealing Nen abilities, Full proficiency in all Hatsu of Nen.......Noting cray as ask for what you want and it will be received...

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Beware, Human Boundaries means that everything that Human CAN'T imagine. Let's say this: No one can make a sword that cuts everything because anyone knows everything. That's why Kurapika Master said there was ways to create something really close of it because that depends on your own knowledge and imagination and specially the last one.

So far, everything that was shown of Nen has respected this law. Yes, even Meruem. They pay of his power is the life of many who died for him to born and all the ones He needs to EAT to gain his own power.

Alluka, in the other hand, can give everything because She leaves the imagination part to the wisher and just determinate the price. If you want, She's kinda Nen itself.
    Our definitions of Human Boundaries are a little bit different...How does Killua and Alluka's bodyguard transform herself into vehicles???? How is she as a Human able to change form and be flown or driven...that too me is beyond human boundaries....And I assume Togashi just couldn't be limited by this anymore or decided to stretch it a bit.........But very good analysis on Alluka's power, didn't think of it that way....Killua can ask for anything as a lot of people have been mentioning and fear Alluka being a character cause of this....I juss think Nanika powers are even Beyond Nen's capabilities...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Because they're able to imagine it. They're able to feel that technique as right for themselves. Don't forget, Nen comes from Aura and Aura is the energy of all living things. It's what is most natural in souls. It's the true essence of beings.

For Tsubone that essence is to be a vehicle for others. For Killua, that is suffering the thunder. For Gon is pure and simple energy, as an animal would feel it. For Alluka, maybe, it's granting someone else wish.

Although what kkck said stands truthful: It also very likely that Alluka is not even related to Nen.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Alluka/Nanika doesn't create a blimp with a million dollars....a blimp disappeared and money started falling from the sky...She moved Illumi miles and miles away
    I didn't said, that Alluka created the blimp and the money. Teleporting is something Nen users can do, as we have seen it on Greed Isalnd. Therefore its' possible to move the blimp somewere else.

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    and removed Gon's contract he made with himself...Something the best Nen removers couldn't do.
    How can you know? The Hunter Association has exactly one Nen remover, who didn't even tried to remove the Nen. We don't know, whether Abengane would be able to do it. Apart from that, it must be able to heal/return Gon to normal, since his grave condition was caused by Nen. The fact that noone has the required ability to remove this Nen, doesn't imply, that it's impossible in general.
    One Piece
    Hunter x Hunter
    Toriko

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Because they're able to imagine it. They're able to feel that technique as right for themselves. Don't forget, Nen comes from Aura and Aura is the energy of all living things. It's what is most natural in souls. It's the true essence of beings.

For Tsubone that essence is to be a vehicle for others. For Killua, that is suffering the thunder. For Gon is pure and simple energy, as an animal would feel it. For Alluka, maybe, it's granting someone else wish.

Although what kkck said stands truthful: It also very likely that Alluka is not even related to Nen.
    I understand that very well. From how Nen has been shown in the beginning and now later on in the series it's getting vaster in performance. But Tsuborne shouldn't be able to grow wheels...?!?! Whether she feel like a vehicle or not, that's not humanly possible. Through Nen such a feat in transforming shouldn't either...Tsuborne happened to be my next example of what is Nen's limit or New limit...

Quote Originally Posted by Thousan D Sunny View Post
    I didn't said, that Alluka created the blimp and the money. Teleporting is something Nen users can do, as we have seen it on Greed Isalnd. Therefore its' possible to move the blimp somewere else.

How can you know? The Hunter Association has exactly one Nen remover, who didn't even tried to remove the Nen. We don't know, whether Abengane would be able to do it. Apart from that, it must be able to heal/return Gon to normal, since his grave condition was caused by Nen. The fact that noone has the required ability to remove this Nen, doesn't imply, that it's impossible in general.
    Yes teleporting is within Nen's power, however those who used it at Greed Island meet conditions as such with the game. You will only be transported their one way....They don't just grab stuff out of thin air..

Read carefully I said Nen "Removers". Gon accelerated his growth rate to his prime most likely through a restriction of never ever being able to use nen again and who knows what else..Simply being able to remove powerful nen wouldn't have been enough...and Morau already mentioned their are probably ppl in the world capable but rather keep their power under the radar.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast