Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 69 Discussion

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker The Breaker : New Waves 69 Discussion

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show
    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• *Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

Last edited by Charlie; April 26, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves 69 Spoiler Thread

Chapter is out, and as i thought it was just embarassing.

See the raw on Daum here.
    Last edited by Charlie; April 26, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 69 Discussion / 70 Predictions

Spoiler show

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I'm not sure whether this chapter deserves the facepalm I thought it'd deserve or not... The summary or trans'll have to decide, I guess. Still, I'm not happy that Shioon WAS still caught in the end

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kinda expected this at least shwoon tried to fight back and the smug face is on some pain at least

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

too short and too embarrassing for Shioon hahahahaha

man i thought i will see some skills

but the hype for this chapter is just gone poof! and now my week is not complete

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow flashback to the roof of the MAA with the Chief 9AD and Shioon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@GMR I agree 100%

I like the fact that Gyu-Bum went for him. I also like the swipe that Shioon took at SF. But the fact that he was captive. Does anyone in this forum have doubts that Shioon could recover from a broken neck? I don't not one bit. Shoot in all the time that it took Gyu-Bum andShioon to attack SF. I think that would of given Kwon enough time. But that is neither here nor there because the author wanted it top layout this way.

I want to know to what purpose is all of this training Shioon is doing? Without a ki center he can never fight against true Murim. He has been told by everyone that his ki center is shattered and there is no hope of recovery. The genius doctor and down. I think Elder Kwon sent him to the hospital for the "tests" to get him off of his back.

Therefore from a strictly analytical stand point. Our favorite drugged up protagonist is going to keep popping the pills until something gives.

This chapter though disappointing in its let down of Shioons capture. This also is the only reading material I will get this week because of golden week. So highlights
    Shioon fought back
    Gyu-Bum fought back
    Smug Face is hurt
    And a question did Shioon use ki? What was that spiral thing around his punch?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I wasn't expecting too much out of Shioon to begin with, considering the limited amount of time hes had to train. Actually, that part pretty much met my expectations.

Gyu-bum was a disappointment though.

If theres one good thing about the situation, its that the shame from getting held hostage like that will help him set aside his doubts about his master for now and focus on training again.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about you all but isn't this reuse getting boring, or frustrating? It's the same motif used for what the hundredth time? It's not even remotely interesting anymore to see the portrayal of pitiful and/or beaten to a pulp Shioon. Seen it, done it, every single arc... We get that the heavenly way clan guy is supposed to come off as a conceited douche bag, and that I guess when he gets hurt we are supposed to be happy and cheerful. But it just wasn't all that good.

That being said, I certainly hope there was some ground breaking dialogue, or plans set in motion which really do get the ball rolling.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner no1Knowme's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

GYUPEOM should have kept his eyes open while he is attacking -.-

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Don't know about you all but isn't this reuse getting boring, or frustrating? It's the same motif used for what the hundredth time? It's not even remotely interesting anymore to see the portrayal of pitiful and/or beaten to a pulp Shioon. Seen it, done it, every single arc... We get that the heavenly way clan guy is supposed to come off as a conceited douche bag, and that I guess when he gets hurt we are supposed to be happy and cheerful. But it just wasn't all that good.

That being said, I certainly hope there was some ground breaking dialogue, or plans set in motion which really do get the ball rolling.
    It is frustrating, but at this point its not his fault. He doesn't have the use of his ki-center and hes only been training for 3 days. That screw-up was completely on Gyu-bum. What the hell was with the whole dramatic pause after he misses anyway?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with a fixed Ki center Shioon will still be in that position because he's a noob!

he only learn 2 skills fromn GMR and to use those skills Shioon must be a pulp first so that the enemies will think that he is weak and lose their guard hahahaha that is the strategy that GMR give to Shioon

you have to be beaten to a pulp first then find the opponents weakness because they think that you are half dead and lose their guard hahahah 100% works

Shioon vs. Smilling Blade
    Shioon vs. Cool Guy
    Shioon vs. Chang- ho
    Shioon vs. Gyu bum
    Shioon vs. Hyuk
    and so on and so forth
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay GyuBum whooooo~.

Smugface senses GyuBum about to attack him, and expresses shock that there's another monster in the SunWoo clan besides Kwon. He barely avoids, but doesn't change his objective, since getting ShiWoon is his only chance at life. He's surprised when ShiWoon tries to counterattack, but manages to avoid it and catch him. He says he'll kill ShiWoon if the SunWoo try anything.

Mamungi of course isn't very happy with this turn of events, and tells Smugface so, but Smugface says it's the only way to get out of this alive. He tries to tell Kwon that this isn't the intent of the alliance (in other words, Smugface is acting on his own violation, which is pretty much the truth) but Kwon's not someone you want to be talking to at the moment.

ShiWoon, on the other hand, has had enough of Smugface's bullshit and tells everyone to get the fucker instead of worrying about him. He tells Smugface that he's not going to submit, so Smugface decides to teach him the pain of death. Mamungi decides he's gotta do something to stop this, but then Kwon says he'll let Smugface and the rest leave as long as they let ShiWoon go and never appear in front of him again. If they don't, well...

"I'll obliterate not just you but the entire alliance."

So things get resolved. Mamungi tries to apologize to ShiWoon but ShiWoon just ignores him.

In the car, an Alliance mook asks Smugface why he took ShiWoon captive. What results in a brilliant exchange of logical thoughts by which I mean it's pathetic and shows you why you should never have Smugface in your debate team.

Q: Why did you take the clan head captive?
    A: Because that was the only way to get away.

Q: But none of this would have happened if you hadn't gone barging into the SunWoo clan like a fucking fool, right?
    A: RAGEQUIT CAN'T YOU SEE THE SUNWOO CLAN IS LOOKING DOWN ON YOU GRAAAAAAAAAAAAR FUCK Y'ALL I'M GETTING OUT OF THE CAR BECAUSE I'M A RAGEQUITTING PUSSY WHO CAN'T WIN IN A FIGHT OR AN ARGUMENT.

But no seriously Smugface's argument is hella weak. His excuse is basically this: "The alliance asked ChunDoMoon for help and then have the balls to say we're at fault?"

OF COURSE YOU'RE AT FAULT YOU STUPID FUCKER WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK MAN.

Of course, ragequitting out of the car seems to be an excuse to hide the fact that he's taken a ton of damage from Kwon.

Then the phone call comes, and it turns out that Smugface's plan was to drive a rift between the Alliance and the SunWoo clan, and he tells the Mysterious Masked Mustache to ensure that the two will never be able to team up ever again. Which probably worked I'll give him props for that even though he's a shitty debater seriously I failed my Logic 101 and even I have a better grasp of it than he does.

"Then, we'll use the hostility between the two to complete our mission!"

18. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast