Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 69 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 69 Discussion / 70 Predictions

wait so why that smug face want to do that kind of thing if the Sunwoo and MMA are not really friends at all and then it hit me

smug face said that Sunwoo clan and MMA will not work together and then i remember what GMR told on the video to present Seoul to him

maybe SUC is planning an all out war for MURIMS and normal people and when GMR returns to Seoul there will be havoc and GMR in his current state loves to fight

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Shioon ever stop being such a loser? I mean, sure, Smug Face was always going to escape, but that way? Did we really have to witness a repeat of the MAA Chief vs GMR scene?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

So Smug Face stood no chance against Kwon. Does that mean that Moustache dude is stronger than Smug Face? I mean he did counter a fatal move from Kwon even if he was hurt afterwards while Smug Face was getting hit over and over. Man, this is just confusing. As for Shioon, like someone else said, he's starting to be blinded by his rage against SUC. I just hope his ki center will be fixed soon and then he can kick some real ass. No more super serum pills ftw!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is while this is disappointing and we all had high hopes for Shioon. The fact still remains, we never saw Shioon take a pill. Smug face is at least partially on par with Hyuk. With no ki use on par with Hyuk So Chun what can Shioon or any of us do? Nothing! But GMR taught him even if the opponent is stronger to not just give up. Or something like that. Shioon was bullied all of his life and now he is in ths crazy Murim world. He has been Murim for what maybe close to 6 months? I can't quite put the timeline together in my head right now.

Let's see years and years of bullying and giving in to the bully and NOT THROWING THE PUNCH TO FIGHT BACK. This is exactly what GMR told Shioon to do. What I find funny is right after Shioon took the Illwallsindan, he was going to try and hit Chang-ho. GMR told him his hand would of exploded. Shioon was like yeah right. GMR told to hit the wall to see if he was lying, Shioon sat here and thinks about it. Anyway off target. Throwing the punch and fighting back is what GMR taught Shioon to do. But against anybody above the 1.5 level explained above he is like a little baby to us easy to squish but you don't because babies are cute. Except Murim are ruthless and and kill without a second thought. Shioon is out of his league and everyone of us got our hopes up that Shioon could do something with no evidence of to really support it.

Peace!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why everyone is bashing the breaker after this chapter, yeah Shioon got captured but it was clear that was one of the most likely outcomes. At least he threw a punch at the guy, I think part 2 still has a long way to go before it's over. Once Shioon is able to use ki again everyone on here is going to be creaming in their pants including me. This will be another driving force for Shioon to get more powerful and doing 2x training in the night and day.

Personally I think Mamungi is going to start playing a bigger role. Since the Sunwoo clan is separate from the alliance Mamungi seems to be the only reliable inside source for Shioon. Since we know he owes Shioon from back in part one and values him as a friend I think he will be feeding the Sunwoo clan information at some point down the road. He will give them a heads up on what's happening within the alliance. That is my hope anyway and I can't wait for Shioon to repay smug face for what he has done.
    Last edited by GOOMOONRYONG; April 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I was expecting that to happen but a part of me wanted redemption for Shi-Woon but it is too early. The smirk face guy is almost the same level as So-Chun Hyuk and he seems to be one of the leaders of SUC so it would be weird if Shi-Woon can hit him without ki. Shi-Woon even have difficulty facing Hyuk in his mind training so it would be a miracle or extremely lucky shot if his punch connected. Without the pill Shi-Woon is just a regular guy. This chapter also shows how big the gap between Shi-Woon to a proper grandmaster like elder Kwon.

Now because of what happened, Sunwoo clan should expedite ShiWoon recovery. Elder Kwon by now should no longer hesitate asking their clan leader how he was able to use his ki and other techniques. After having his Ki restored temporarily by upgraded pill his training with with Sunwoo should officially start. Now the pill might also be related to SUC. I also doubt that his ki center will be fixed permanently anytime soon.

The smirk guy did not take into consideration that Shi-Woon already have some ties with the murim world like Sera's master which technically even only for a short time is already Shi-Woon's teacher. The grandma master seems like one of the strongest and the one who thinks within the MAA so the bridge between Sunwoo and MAA is not completely broken just yet.

My guess is MAA will slowly break apart starting with smaller schools giving way for SUC to bring chaos due to limited man power of MAA. There will be new alliances formed and here comes Shi-Woon's external connections comes valuable like with Sera, Ji-Gun and Mun-Gi Ma. Eventually MAA short of man power will try to approach Sunwoo for an agreement.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, Kwon should've been on his way. A fighter of his level should've expected the Fox Eyes to interfere on the first attempt and should've been there to stop the 2nd attempt. If Shioon was without KI then he did ok but I'll be really disappointed if they blindly blame the MAA for this. They know that the SUC has ties with the Heavenly Way school and smirk face definitely used their moves (spinning and fluid motion seems to be their trademark). They are all getting blinded by hate and at the very least Kwon and Shioon should be able to think rationally (that used to be Shioon's main redeeming quality). My main disappointed is not with this particular chapter, but where the story seems to be heading.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally am not bashing this Manhwa which is my fav it's just that Shioon kinda disappointed this chapter . I mean i understand that he's in the state he is without his Ki center and all but you got to admit that he threw that punch without thinking . He just though "damn this dude is seriously coming after me , i gotta do something " and then what ..he threw that punch without thinking against a master class . Duh it was logic that his pitiful attempt will fail .

Another thing that someone pointed out (which i agree with) is that about Gyu-Bum Yi . I also don't get why after his 1st attack was dogged instead of attacking again he just stood there like a moron and just watched in utter shock . That was a failure from his part though i gotta admit his aura when he attacked that dude was really something

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What other choices did he have exactly? Its not like he knew who the guy was and I don't think he can tell the level at a glance anyway. Besides, taking Shioon's personality into account, running wasn't an option, and that would have been even more embarrassing at any rate.

The only thing I don't get is that Kwon has already shown that he can move faster than the eye can follow even for someone of smug-face's level, so why did he just stand there? Gyu-bum failed too.
    Last edited by Bludvein; April 27, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like shwoon is over not hurting or killing enemies like in part one he wanted the other to attack smugface even if he killed shwoon. at least some type of respect in this chapter after getting captured. he was not a coward at least

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

thumbs down to Shioon.

Why? punch smug face if you can avoid it because of Shioon's punch that he got caught maybe Shioon is thinking about what he did to the bouncy dude but that's not gonna happen

i hope Elder Kwon knows that smug face is from Chundomoon/SUC so that Shioon will get angry again that he didn't do anything and he will go the the One moon School to ask the doctor to give him some advance pills and then the doctor will ask for blood again but this time the blood will be given to Shiho

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon asked three times who he was. Once to Smugs then once to anyone and then at the end. If he finds out that Smugs is part of heavenly way then all bets are off. Maybe this is where the author had in mind to get Shioon his ki center back. I can see Shioon leaving and going into hiding again. Sunwoo not knowing where he is at then enter the doc. He is offered one final pill.

You take the red pill your appearance will alter and ki will exit your body you will go back to being a,weakling. You take the blue pill which again might kill you. But if you live then your ki center will be restored and you can see how,far the rabbit hole known as Shioon can go.

Takes the blue pill screams for three days. Kind of like that stupid transformation description that Stephanie Meyer gave when Bella transformed. Anyway Shioon will scream until his lungs and vocal cords give out. But when he is done beast mode and Kwon training is on.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else confused as to Smug Face's reaction to the Sunwoo clan fighters? He's already been informed the Sunwoo is the strongest clan out there aside from his own, so why is he so shocked to see that they have 2 very strong fighters? Complete brain fart by Smug Face, and pretty audacious to believe there really isn't anyone of note, when he's already been informed just how strong they are.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ One word HUBRIS

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Is anyone else confused as to Smug Face's reaction to the Sunwoo clan fighters? He's already been informed the Sunwoo is the strongest clan out there aside from his own, so why is he so shocked to see that they have 2 very strong fighters? Complete brain fart by Smug Face, and pretty audacious to believe there really isn't anyone of note, when he's already been informed just how strong they are.
    you also have to include Asian Kimbo Slice he just attacked Smug face in blind rage and because of that Smug face blocks the attack ,the fat elder and the skinny with glasses seems strong too so i think that every member of Sunwoo are monsters on their own way

it's funny how SUC still think that Shioon can't use martial arts and says he's a good mascot but in the end after KI restoration and some training he will become more than a monster even the old granny is afraid if GMR completed Shioon's KI distribution

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast