Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Eureka Seven AO

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eureka Seven AO

Eureka Seven AO

Studio: Bones
    Director: Tomoki Kyoda
    Art Director: Kazuo Nagai
    Key Character Design: Key Character Design

Synopsis:
    The story centers on 13 year old Fukai Ao. A boy who has been raised by a kindhearted doctor, Fukai Toshio, on the island of Iwado ever since his mother vanished.

One day when a smuggler crashes on a beach near him he picks up a oddly familiar bracelet, which is going to change his life forever. Drawing him into the hazardous life of piloting an IFO and combating strange and monstrous beings codenamed "Secret"; with a backdrop of intense political and social tensions.

Opening Theme: "Escape" by Hemenway

Ending Theme: "Stand by me" by Stereopony

Spoiler: My thoughts: show
    Last edited by Jammin; April 21, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Eureka Seven AO

I've never seen Eureka Seven (gasp!) but this show looks gorgeous! You can always count on BONES for some quality animation. Anyway, is it alright for me to watch this show without having seen the prequel?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I've never seen Eureka Seven (gasp!) but this show looks gorgeous! You can always count on BONES for some quality animation.
    BONES really are the best at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Anyway, is it alright for me to watch this show without having seen the prequel?
    Short answer: Yeah, you should be fine.

Long Answer:
    From what I've seen thus far I don't believe the two shows are directly related in terms of plot or even narrative universe. Eureka Seven AO seems to take place on an alternate version of Earth as opposed to the original Eureka Seven which took place in an entirely fictional world. So despite the fact that Eureka Seven AO is technical a sequel the actual plot lines seem to be entirely independent of one another.

There seem to be some carryover characters, like Eureka(Ao's mother) and Nirvash(the mech), but both seem to be different than their Eureka Seven counterparts. So I suspect whether or not you've seen Eureka Seven won't matter in the slightest; and if you decide to watch Eureka Seven later on I don't think AO will spoil anything for you.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 24, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

OK then, I'll give this show a shot! Though one day I'd like to watch the original (seeing as I've heard how great it is and all).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The original is really worthwhile to watch, so put it on the to watch list.^^

Nice episode, but was this choice of color intentional?! Fuck them, if it is. They mentioned China, USA and Japan, use one of these flags at least.

edit: Jammin: Do I have to remind you of germany's past? Colors are off[black-white-red for either Reich], I may be overreacting, but seems too intentional to me, especially with phrases like: "Alien! Foreigner! Get lost!".
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    The original is really worthwhile to watch, so put it on the to watch list.^^

Nice episode, but was this choice of color intentional?! Fuck them, if it is. They mentioned China, USA and Japan, use one of these flags at least.
    I can't believe you even noticed that. They just picked 3 common vandalism spray paint colors. I don't think there is any way that is a flag reference.

I mean, it wouldn't even really make sense. What would the message be "Germany <3 vandalism"? That seems like a pretty weak cultural insult. .

------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, I'm curious to see how the transition from the island is going to go.

Clearly he's heading out to defend the his home, even if some of the villagers are none to pleased with him. And it seems like things are set up for him to go off with the Pied Piper group after that. But where are Naru and those smugglers going to fit in? Are they going to come along, or run in parallel stories?
    Last edited by Jammin; April 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched episode 4..

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Jammin; May 04, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eureka Seven AO

I'm enjoying it being a HUGE E7 anime fan I do wish they tied in the first one more but I understand they're two entirely different things at this point 5 episodes in with no sign about the first E7 having any tie in's to the current one which is my only complaint. (Seriously how can Eureka be Ao's Mother but only have that as the only tie in, I'm sure there may be more down the road or so I hope but I'm just glad nonetheless they're doing another E7 anime though Renton/Eureka's relationship growth is what made the first anime so special)

But I've also read the first few chapters of the manga and they seem different. I know the manga for the first E7 was based off of the anime but in this case which story is actually correct because they're already slightly different.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Banedor View Post
    I'm enjoying it being a HUGE E7 anime fan I do wish they tied in the first one more but I understand they're two entirely different things at this point 5 episodes in with no sign about the first E7 having any tie in's to the current one which is my only complaint. (Seriously how can Eureka be Ao's Mother but only have that as the only tie in, I'm sure there may be more down the road or so I hope but I'm just glad nonetheless they're doing another E7 anime though Renton/Eureka's relationship growth is what made the first anime so special)

But I've also read the first few chapters of the manga and they seem different. I know the manga for the first E7 was based off of the anime but in this case which story is actually correct because they're already slightly different.
    They are probably entirely different. This Earth is pretty clearly an entirely different planet from the one all of the previous Eureka Seven series was on.

As for this anime's relationship to the manga, I suspect they are probably different stories as well.

Spoiler: My thoughts on the latest episode(#6) are... show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yep i'm also getting that their not a lot of story telling in Eureka seven AO their not a lot of LOVE or romance that made the original so good

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    yep i'm also getting that their not a lot of story telling in Eureka seven AO their not a lot of LOVE or romance that made the original so good
    I'm starting to get caught up now. At around episode 12 it seems like the story begins, which is just terrible pacing but...it is what it is.

I feel like Eureka Seven AO's story is an overall fail but it does have enough to keep me watching for now...

Spoiler: Specifically.. show

The real problem now even more than the pacing though is the complete collapse of the characterizations of Ao and Naru. Their actions and reactions range from melodramatic to absurd. In it's attempts to be emotional and mysterious all sense of relatability has been lost. The other characters have not fared much better either. Hopefully Ao can come around but Naru is pretty much a lost cause.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This turn out to be one of the best anime I watched in last few years. The story became so interesting and I liked how lose ends were connected. Great characters and BGM is awesome. But why do we have to wait for few weeks for the last two episodes ...its unfair .

New Reply