Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul King/Royal Key: Relevance?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner packages's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soul King/Royal Key: Relevance?

During the Aizen/Hueco Mundo arc, the Royal Key and Soul King are referenced many times. The Soul King himself is given no face or persona, and the Royal Key never captured nor revealed. With that in mind as well as the Fullbring arc, could the two tie together?
    As far as I have researched, I have come up with close to nothing on the existence of either other than the mere mention of both. This either hints at the relevance to the overall plot (deeming the current arc as an informant/assistant rather than a main arc) or a poorly explained motive in the Aizen one. (Though I'm aware I could be missing important information on such things, I have my doubts.)
    What do you guys think? Are there perhaps earlier references to the Soul King/Royal Key that I'm missing that explain their importance or even their existence? Or are they as it seems, shrouded in mystery only to be forgotten?

Also, perhaps a reappearance of the Hogyoku? It cannot have possibly played its importance out so early in plot development.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soul King/Royal Key: Relevance?

Relevance? I don't think he has much. I always had the feeling he and the Royal Guard were never going to show up in the manga.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by packages View Post
    During the Aizen/Hueco Mundo arc, the Royal Key and Soul King are referenced many times. The Soul King himself is given no face or persona, and the Royal Key never captured nor revealed. With that in mind as well as the Fullbring arc, could the two tie together?
    As far as I have researched, I have come up with close to nothing on the existence of either other than the mere mention of both. This either hints at the relevance to the overall plot (deeming the current arc as an informant/assistant rather than a main arc) or a poorly explained motive in the Aizen one. (Though I'm aware I could be missing important information on such things, I have my doubts.)
    What do you guys think? Are there perhaps earlier references to the Soul King/Royal Key that I'm missing that explain their importance or even their existence? Or are they as it seems, shrouded in mystery only to be forgotten?

Also, perhaps a reappearance of the Hogyoku? It cannot have possibly played its importance out so early in plot development.
    Either you're onto something or Kubo is a bad story writer. Granted he makes awesome art.
    I sincerely hope that there is more to the fullbringer arc which connects to the earlier arc, so far it's been one big filler arc with the exception of little new art style and Ichigo getting his powers back, EVERYTHING else was filler as it stands with current chapter.... :S

Kubo better redeem the fullbringer arc, making it connect to the story soon..

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the one tieing this Arc to the earlier plot and later arcs is Ginjou. He was Substitute Shinigami before Ichigo and knows something about Ichigo's dad and Ichigo's family, so he may tell Ichigo all this one or two chapters later. It would be good to see Ginjou's flashback from the time he got his powers and became Sudstitute Shinigami and of course how he lost his powers and got lost in real world.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that may link Ginjou with the previous arcs is motive. Why did Ginjou leave the ranks of Shinigami? One reason might be that Shinigami get their orders from the soul king who probably did something bad in the past and Ginjou never forgot about it. So instead he seeked power to defy the soul king himself and therefore Shinigami had to eradicate him since they support the king who stands for order in the Bleach Universe. This would imply that Ichigo would have to find a way to question the king since he is naturally not trusting his surroundings all that much when in doubt and possibly find an ally in Urahara who could also have his own personal agendas.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the impression that ginjo's ultimate goal is precisely that, the key and getting to the key for whatever reason. Clearly he wants power and he went to great extents to acquire one that would rival that of captains (and by extension that of the royal guard). Of course, that would kinda mean he is trying to accomplish what aizen tried (which would perhaps go as far as making sense if ginjo dealt with aizen in the past which would also make sense).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I get the impression that ginjo's ultimate goal is precisely that, the key and getting to the key for whatever reason. Clearly he wants power and he went to great extents to acquire one that would rival that of captains (and by extension that of the royal guard). Of course, that would kinda mean he is trying to accomplish what aizen tried (which would perhaps go as far as making sense if ginjo dealt with aizen in the past which would also make sense).
    I like that approach, but only if Ginjou and Tsukishima are small dogs working for someone much stronger, a hidden agenda.
    Could imagine a new faction being introduced, but I'd rather see true Vastro Lords removing it's own mask. I know many say we have seen Vastro Lords already, but I don't buy that. Maybe Ulq, since he sacrificed power for regeneration, but the others...? Not in my eyes.
    They more like seemed to be strong Adjucas than Vastro Lords.. remember how Vastro Lords are equal yet slightly ahead of what it means to be a captain (not only in reatsu but also in battle powers).

If a true Vastro Lord was an arrancar, you would see something crazy as Ichigo's inner hollow against Ulq....... Now that was something I'd expect from a Vastro Lord Arrancar

What I'm hoping for is that Ginjou and Tsukishima might be working for these true Vastro Lords in getting the key to the kings realm. I don't consider the movies as canon's, so hoping for Vastro lords from hell. These type of Vastro Lords are pure evil, (they're in hell afterall) rather than intelligent Vastro Lords in HM who got parts of their hearts back through intelligence.

Well, guess we'll see where Kubo is heading in next arc soon enough

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from what I recall the databook was rather ambiguous on whether the espada were at some point actual VLs. Ulquiorra matches the description but still.... The weirder part is that they were arrancar before joining aizen (well, stark and barragan). VL removing their own mask would not be a big deal though. The manga stated that such a process was not unheard of however it never produced complete arrancar. Whether the espada were at some point VL or not, natural shinigamification was stated by the manga to be inferior to artificial one, hence the worth of the orb in the early stages of the arrancar arc. I do in general agree in that what arrancar showed does not correspond to what should be expected that used to be a VL though, in general the espada were equal to the captains which makes no sense if VL are equal to captains to begin with.

I have my doubts about VLs being the big bads at any point though. Hollows are rarely organized and at large don't care about such things. If such a group of hollows existed in HM there is no way aizen would have been able to rule uncontested. I do think another faction of sorts is going to be revealed soon but I do doubt it will be VLs. Ginjo is not strong enough to be the next big bad even after stealing ichigo's powers. I get the impression that whoever is the next big bad will perhaps go as far as being responsible for aizen going nuts.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Soul King/Royal Key: Relevance?

With Ginjou about to reveal some important information, anyone think we will see Soul King a part of the revelation?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so. I don't think it's clear that it'll be about SK, I'm just guessing cuz Kubo did promise us an arc with Isshin and nothing about him came up yet. And I'm 95% sure he was a Royal Guard/Royal family, something.

Well it just seems like Aizen and Ginjo can't cope with him being 'IT- something. Urahara doesn't like it, but he knows the king is needed. Easy

I hope it'll be something more complicated

ex oriente lux

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    With Ginjou about to reveal some important information, anyone think we will see Soul King a part of the revelation?
    Ginjou is expected to reveal information which connects the current arc to the next big arc which is supposed to involve RGs, in that sense what Ginjou is going to say will probably include information about Soul King. But Ginjou strongly hinted that Tsukishima's death would open a can of worms by releasing BOE's effect on someone, I don't see how something Tsukishima did can affect or involve Soul King in the grand scheme of things.

I even have problems with the idea that Urahara and Isshin are under BOE's effect, other than the reasons I mentioned in the spoiler thread they didn't help fullbringers at all. The best I can come up with is that Ichigo is the one who is under the effect of BOE, Tsukishima and Isshin were actually friends at one point and Tsukishima used his ability on Ichigo (when he was little) to hide a secret to protect Ichigo.

Kubo didn't mention anything about Tsukishima's past for some reason, perhaps he was a good person before he joined Ginjou's group. Urahara and Isshin knew about Tsukishima's ability, how would they have access to this information if they didn't know Tsukishima? My best bet is that Tsukishima's death will bring Ichigo to his senses and reveal his ties to Royal Dimension or something of that sort. Ginjou hinted that Urahara and Isshin weren't to be trusted at the beginning of the arc, I think he means they're Ichigo's true enemies because they did something of questionable nature to Ichigo.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I kinda doubted Ginjou was connected in any ways to the Soul King.The theory that seems to be the most plausible one for me is the one that Ginjou,like Urahara and Aizen,saw "it" (the Soul King),though to see "it"seems to require either an extreme intelligence(both Urahara and Aizen),and/or a respectable power-level (only Aizen had it).Ginjou neither seems extremely intelligent nor extremely powerful to me (without Ichigo's FB he'd be dead right now),and also I don't believe the theories that the fullbringers were an experiment,mainly because Hollow attacks on humans are natural,and of course something is bound to happen when a Hollow attacks a human and leaves reiatsu traces in the human's body.

The more I think of it,the more I believe that Ginjou will not reveal a mind-blowing story about the Soul King,but rather will try to continue to manipulate Ichigo by telling him his father and/or Urahara are the real enemie(s),because he already did this before and made Ichigo doubt Urahara and his father for the first time in his life.Now,I reckon he'll continue to tell Ichigo random things about this so that Ichigo will either completely lose his trust to Urahara and Isshin,or realise Ginjou's talking bullshit and kick his ass.Either way,after Ginjou is defeated Ichigo is bound to have a talk with either Isshin or Urahara about their past,he must talk to them so he can clear away his doubts.

I don't think Tsukishima's death will affect anyone significantly,I mean besides Urahara and Isshin there are no others to return to "being evil" because they were affected by BotE.It seems very unlikely Tsukishima managed to hit either Urahara and Isshin.It just seems impossible to me.

Though it may also be possible that Ginjou will come up with some unnatural things like Ichigo being a child of a Royal Guard or smth like this.

Really now,I doubt Ginjou has anything to say about the Soul King simply because the Soul King itself hasn't been mentioned this arc for a single time.Rather,it's something related strictly to Ichigo and his family.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's gonna be more to Ginjo's soul society revelation. Next arc will probably be Ichigo investigating soul society leading to the soul king fiasco.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing alot of thinking on this. We know that there was a soul society for as long as anyone can remember but the academy was only formed 2100 years ago. With such a large gap i get the feeling that Soul Society was much like Hueco Mundo is now at one time. Sure there's alot of powerful beings but they are fragmented and poorly organized where as SS may have been like this but Yamamoto put into action the formation of the academy that eventually became the SS we know now. This is all speculation but i have a feeling that the Soul King is just a very powerful being like a god and the SS and HM are just the middle ground to keep the balance in the world and ensure that the soul king is protected at all cost.

This would make sense given that the Royal Guard is never seen and that promotions of the captains because of their strength are a last line defense to protect the king and are never used unless threatened.

If i was to speculate what the "Thousand year blood war" means i would say that the current leader of the Vandenreich is someone who is incredibly powerful but ultimately failed to break the hold that the spirit king has had in the past (Ichigo's dad must have used Mugetsu in the past if he was to teach it to Ichigo. And who exactly would he have used it on?). He must have had his reason to stay hidden and gain the strength and forces needed to confront the soul king for control. Obviously we see how powerful Ichigo is now so it's not to say that there's not anyone as strong as him but on the contrary there are individuals like Aizen who could potentially break through the first line of defense (Gotei 13) and push onward to threaten the soul king.

These are just my thoughts on the whole thing. I think there's alot of people in the manga who disagree with the Soul King and for many reason want to ursup his power. (Aizen, Ginjou) but are beaten back.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it's more than obvious that the king will appear. and since this arc is the last one,we will see him at the end of this arc,imo.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast