Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sakaki vs Apachai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakaki vs Apachai

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen!!......mostly gentlemen
    Today's entertainment will be a battle between Ryozanpaku masters !!!

In one corner we have the Death God of Underground Muay Thai Apachai Hopachai!!!

VS.

The opponent in the opposite corner the self proclaimed 100th Brawling Dan of Karate Sakaki Shio!!!

The battle takes place at Ryozanpaku

Who will be victorious??
    LET THE DEBATING BEGIN!!
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakaki vs Apachai

I am pretty sure Akira is stronger than Agaard. We can use these two to compare Sakaki and Apachai:

Apachai survived his battle with Agaard thanks to Akisame and Kensei, he was going to die. They were practically equals.

Akira and Sakaki are equals and it seems that Sakaki has a special killing move that he is not using, probably an edge against Akira (probably because "killing" does not mean stronger, if it is then Satsujinken is stronger than Katsujinken and Agaard stated it was not the case).

My conclusion: Sakaki is stronger than Apachai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that would give him an edge against Apa because he's a master of Muay Boran a style known for it's deadly killing techniques as seen in his fight against Agaard. If Sakaki ever did try to use that special killing technique Apachai would definitely counter that with his own killing technique Imo.

I'll concede that Sakaki is probably slightly stronger than Apachai, but having greater strength does not guarantee victory at all it helps though. All indications we have gathered so far from the manga suggest all the masters at Ryozanpaku (except the Elder) are on the same level of strength with the difference of power between each individual master being miniscule at best, so Sakaki really has no clear advantage over him. Heck, each master believe they are the strongest and that their martial arts is the best.

I don't think Apachai can defeat Sakaki in battle, but I am most certain that he can draw even with him. I mean we're talking about a guy who's had a fist rip through his entire abdomen and was still able get up and fight after that. That takes a lot of heart and guts to do something like that. Sakaki would definitely have his hands full fighting him.

My conclusion: DRAW
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 21, 2012 at 04:08 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Apachai will win this match. We just think Sakaki is stronger than Apa because Sakaki thinks like an adult while Apa is childish. But like what other people said before me, they have a small difference and strength and pretty equal, so my take is that Apa will win, barely breathing but still can lift one of his finger! That close...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the manga has overall hinted at sakaki and akisame being the two stronger masters at ryozampaku outside of the elder. Apachai is the younger one and overall sakaki has shown more variety of techniques and weird body techniques through his breathing and organ movie. In terms of predicting moves both of them would use the dou thing to feel stuff however sakaki has the advantage that karate can further read and predict moves through following the enemy's breathing. On top of that sakaki is indeed actually the smarter fighter, he has shown actual strategy while apachai has been pretty much unremarkable in that department. I give this to sakaki with a mildly reasonable margin.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck Apachai is only a year younger than Sakaki so

The only reason you say Sakaki is an smarter fighter is because you believe Apachai makes a mockery of mental retardation admit it.

We haven't even seen the bulk of Apachai's techniques because we hardly see him fight due to the fact that Sakaki gets more plot action than any other master at Ryozanpaku FACT so it's not fair to say that Sakaki has more variety of techniques yet.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do believe apachai as a whole makes a mockery of mental retardation, I am pretty sure I have written that several times before. And yes, being actually a moron(in this particular case calling apachai a moron is an insult to morons everywhere though) should have an effect on how well you fight IMO. You are right about the age though.

Anyways, even if apachai has had less fights the fact of the matter is that he fought agaard, someone against whom he won using absolutely everything he had. In other words, we have seen in a single fight the bulk of apachai's abilities, that is unquestionable fact. Sakaki has had but a few actually relevant fights though. Most of the masters sakaki has defeated are not such a big deal, arguably the only relevant ones are against christofer (who was not particularly a high level master), the spear of the west (who was strong however sakaki still won rather comfortably) and hongo. Other than that we have only seen fodder masters and a two minute fight with sehrul which showed nothing (except that sakaki is ripped as hell however we already knew that). Is there any way in which apachai was more impressive than sakaki in their fights against the nine fists? Of course not. Heck, kenichi had seen both of them fight before however it was with sakaki in particular that kenichi for a while could not even comprehend what was going on. Apachai never particularly flabbergasted kenichi in this regard. It is worth noting kenichi was fighting kokin however I would still argue that sakaki showed far more impressive stuff during that one fight that apachai did against agaard. Even then, I did point out sakaki has his weird body techniques (juggling organs for one), making his body bounce attacks off by being stiff (the last chapter would suggest such a thing), following his enemy's movements through their breathing (apachai would be limited to regular dou sensing in comparison) and the fact that sakaki still has not shown everything he has due to junazard interfering in his fight while apachai did indeed get to show everything he had during his fight. My arguments are far from being merely a dislike of apachai like your post so kindly seems to imply.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is stronger, Agaard or Akira?

We never saw a battle between Apachai and Sakaki but we saw how they fought against their "equals". I am almost sure that Akira is stronger than Agaard, and if Apachai practically died fighting Agaard then I do think he (Apachai) can be defeated by Akira. Sakaki fought Akira (who in my opinion is stronger than Agaard and Apachai) to a stalemate, with that information I "can" conclude that Sakaki is stronger than Apachai.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; April 23, 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I do believe apachai as a whole makes a mockery of mental retardation, I am pretty sure I have written that several times before. And yes, being actually a moron(in this particular case calling apachai a moron is an insult to morons everywhere though) should have an effect on how well you fight IMO. You are right about the age though.

Anyways, even if apachai has had less fights the fact of the matter is that he fought agaard, someone against whom he won using absolutely everything he had. In other words, we have seen in a single fight the bulk of apachai's abilities, that is unquestionable fact. Sakaki has had but a few actually relevant fights though. Most of the masters sakaki has defeated are not such a big deal, arguably the only relevant ones are against christofer (who was not particularly a high level master), the spear of the west (who was strong however sakaki still won rather comfortably) and hongo. Other than that we have only seen fodder masters and a two minute fight with sehrul which showed nothing (except that sakaki is ripped as hell however we already knew that). Is there any way in which apachai was more impressive than sakaki in their fights against the nine fists? Of course not. Heck, kenichi had seen both of them fight before however it was with sakaki in particular that kenichi for a while could not even comprehend what was going on. Apachai never particularly flabbergasted kenichi in this regard. It is worth noting kenichi was fighting kokin however I would still argue that sakaki showed far more impressive stuff during that one fight that apachai did against agaard. Even then, I did point out sakaki has his weird body techniques (juggling organs for one), making his body bounce attacks off by being stiff (the last chapter would suggest such a thing), following his enemy's movements through their breathing (apachai would be limited to regular dou sensing in comparison) and the fact that sakaki still has not shown everything he has due to junazard interfering in his fight while apachai did indeed get to show everything he had during his fight. My arguments are far from being merely a dislike of apachai like your post so kindly seems to imply.
    Well, like you said Kenichi was fighting Kokin at the same time, so it was impossible for Kenichi to completely focus all of his attention on their fight while engaged in battle himself ;meaning we potentially missed out on seeing more of Apachai's techniques and abilities; unlike Sakaki's fight which Kenichi was immensely focused on and was watching every second of we only we saw glimpses and flashes of Apachai's fight through Kenichi's eyes sporadically. It is also worth noting that Kenichi was already using Ryuusui seikuuken while watching bits and pieces of Apachai's fight so that may be a reason why he wasn't that baffled when he was following their movements. I agree it took everything Apachai had to defeat Agaard even so we did not see the entire fight between them nor did we see all of Apachai's abilities that is unquestionable fact. If Kenichi and Kokin stood aside and watched their masters fight completely I am certain they would of had difficulty too comprehending everything that was happening.

Apachai may act like an moron occasionally as comical relief, but that gives us no right to associate that with his knowledge and fighting skills. Also, his idiotic actions in general have not once shown to have an affect on the way he fights in battles. The fact he almost beat Akisame ( a super genius at everything he does ) at Othello a game where strategizing is an must leads me to believe that Apachai is in fact an very intelligent person while he doesn't show it all the time that being said I find it hard to believe Sakaki is an smarter fighter than Apachai and that his strategizing ability is greater.

Also, could you give me a link where it states Karate can further read and predict moves through following the enemy's breathing? I want to confirm this for myself
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 23, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Who is stronger, Agaard or Akira?

We never saw a battle between Apachai and Sakaki but we saw how they fought against their "equals". I am almost sure that Akira is stronger than Agaard, and if Apachai practically died fighting Agaard then I do think he (Apachai) can be defeated by Akira. Sakaki fought Akira (who in my opinion is stronger than Agaard and Apachai) to a stalemate, with that information I "can" conclude that Sakaki is stronger than Apachai.
    I'm just curious how you came to the conclusion that Akira is stronger than Agaard. It seems to be the starting point for your argument that Sakaki is stronger than Apachi, but you give no reason for this initial assumption.

In my opinion, Apachi and Sakaki are comparable in terms of their levels as masters. Apachi has shown to be limited in his thinking outside of battle, but it has not been shown to be the case during his fights. For me, the battle could go either way. There doesn't appear to be a clear favourite in the battle between the two.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if Hongo somewhat wins with Junnazard, then we can conclude Sakaki will win against Apachai

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'm just curious how you came to the conclusion that Akira is stronger than Agaard. It seems to be the starting point for your argument that Sakaki is stronger than Apachi, but you give no reason for this initial assumption.

In my opinion, Apachi and Sakaki are comparable in terms of their levels as masters. Apachi has shown to be limited in his thinking outside of battle, but it has not been shown to be the case during his fights. For me, the battle could go either way. There doesn't appear to be a clear favourite in the battle between the two.
    From insight. Akira has shown a superior level of both observation and adaptation skills against someone like Silcardo who is clearly one of Yami's top. Apachai acknowledged Agaard's strength but Sakaki dared to say that Akira is among the strongest members of Yami. The Kenichi wikia stated that Akira was going to lead Yami but I see no further references, do not take it too seriously.

Agaard has an aura powerful enough to scare a master. Shigure was surprised by Agaard's ki, but she was also surprised at Akira's ki and he was suppressing more. When Agaard and Apachai clashed the disciples had to step back; when Akira and Sakaki clashed the "space" itself distorted and the "recoil" is strong enough to faint people as if it were haki.

Agaard defeated 3 Muay Boran masters which is quite a feat as we never saw someone doing that (Mikumo defeated some masters but they looked like fodder). That is my biggest obstacle but I can ignore it with all the past feats I posted (Agaard is stronger now than back then).

My conclusion: Sakaki has an edge over Apachai. Akira has an edge over Agaard. This will hit the boiling point if Akira somehow defeats Silcardo.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; April 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be fair akira is the only master so far that has been explicitly stated to intimidate a yami member (diego according to rachel acknowledge akira as his superior martial artist) outside of that one time when saiga shut up yami (when his disciple was made the leader of yomi). I really don't see any reason in particular to suggest apachai is actually stronger than sakaki. He is not even as relevant as a character and has never been.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, to be fair akira is the only master so far that has been explicitly stated to intimidate a yami member (diego according to rachel acknowledge akira as his superior martial artist) outside of that one time when saiga shut up yami (when his disciple was made the leader of yomi). I really don't see any reason in particular to suggest apachai is actually stronger than sakaki. He is not even as relevant as a character and has never been.
    Completely true I hope after this arc is done with Sakaki takes a back seat for awhile and we get to see more of the other masters like Shigure or Akisame.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, akisame is definitely getting some screen time soon enough. Saiga was his best friend at some point, anything involving saiga has to necessarily be somewhat related to akisame in some form, otherwise the relationship is pointless.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast