Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 471 Discussion/ 472 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 471 Discussion/ 472 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 471 Discussion/ 472 Predictions

I was scared. I was tempted to think that Akira was going to lose badly but he renewed my faith, sorry for being such an unfaithful faggot Akira. This is one of the best battles in HSDK.

Should I consider the possibility of Akira winning? Is the battle going to be interrupted?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akira must be using glue because those sun glasses never fall off his face nor does he ever readjust them

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Well, looks like this fight will hopefully come to an end in the next chapter. I really didn't expect Akira to stage a comeback, but I'm not surprised by this either. It's anyone's guess who will win now, but I still think Jenezad will be the victor unless Akira pulls some Kenichi shit. What a marvelous fight so far
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It was good to see Akira put Jenezad on the back foot, if even for a moment. However, I don't think any of the fundamentals of the fight have changed. Jenezad remains far superior to Akira.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy-moly that was one hella of a chapter and as i said after pervious chapter, i'll say it after thisone too...Jenezad become ignorant this "hole in defense" was clearly a trap, but Silcardo thinks hes is so much superior to Akira and just exclude such a possibility i still bet on Akiras victory (not sure Jenezad will dies thou) case in this situation he is a "good guy" and he must show us what a truly martial artist should look-like(and prob Shou gonna play some part at it again,case theres clearly a disciple-complex in here..crap this whole fight is about disciples). And i like how Hongou returning to basics to avoid death,its so...Kenichi-like
    So...overall: gr8 chapter, gogo Akira!

p.s.
    thers a "golden week", so we will not get a chapter next week, right?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing has changed except for the fact that Akira has escaped death once more and has finally pushed the Demon Fist on the defensive a little, but Jenezad is still the superior opponent Imo the thought of losing this fight probably hasn't even crossed his mind. I mean he's not the one being pressured the entire fight nor is he breaking a sweat Akira is and it's only a matter of time before he falls.

p.s: I hope Akira loses though that way I wont have to change my OSNF power rankings in that other thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hhv94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fight! I think it's going to be a very close tie in this fight. Jenezad is going to run away to come back another day. This guys really an old guy right? I'm guessing he hasn't lived so long to just be beaten. He'll probably run to come back another day and cause some problems.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    Holy-moly that was one hella of a chapter and as i said after pervious chapter, i'll say it after thisone too...Jenezad become ignorant this "hole in defense" was clearly a trap, but Silcardo thinks hes is so much superior to Akira and just exclude such a possibility i still bet on Akiras victory (not sure Jenezad will dies thou) case in this situation he is a "good guy" and he must show us what a truly martial artist should look-like(and prob Shou gonna play some part at it again,case theres clearly a disciple-complex in here..crap this whole fight is about disciples). And i like how Hongou returning to basics to avoid death,its so...Kenichi-like
    So...overall: gr8 chapter, gogo Akira!

p.s.
    thers a "golden week", so we will not get a chapter next week, right?
    I think that the golden week only affects the shonen jump, not the shonen sunday well that is what I think. I dont see hongou winning this fight, however he still can deal some damage to jenazad. i really think someone is gonna save hongou in the last sec.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think next chapter is the 25 so same deal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

the more chapters i read with kano in them just makes me feel like he should of been the main character hes pretty cool

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that Akira has a chance to win. Dislocating his shoulder then leg. He is injured and one of these two who have killing intent needs to die. I for awhile though my opinion has changed really wanted Sakaki to die fighting Silcardo. Then in comes Akira to beat a tired Sicardo but he feels sorry for Kenichi losing his master. Takes a vow before the Elder and basically stops living the killing way. But I really don't care. I think some of the Ryo masters need to be beat. But I don't think that thsi is a dak manga with as much fan service the artist gives us.

I mean seriously draw a few more well placed lines and this might be too x-rated.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    the more chapters i read with kano in them just makes me feel like he should of been the main character hes pretty cool
    I wish he didn't die he's an very interesting character I felt sad for Akira a little when I saw that flashback they seemed very compassionate towards one another

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I wish he didn't die he's an very interesting character I felt sad for Akira a little when I saw that flashback they seemed very compassionate towards one another
    He reminds me of killerbee from naruto or something the way hes so strong but so lax at the same time and doesnt take anything seriously in all honesty strength isnt everything to me i really do like it when a character has an interesting personality. Like shou saying "ahh thank god, if i went home hurt my master would of killed me" haha like the fact he could just freely be so chilled with someone on jenezads level is really interesting and according to jenezad in the flashback shou just used to travel around by himself. For a disciple to single handedly do that in what is basically a country in civil unrest and war and come out unscathed is pretty sick.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For shits and giggles lets say that not only does Hongou Akira survive but he WINS, too.
    Yes, he's in a bad situation. Yes, the Elder struggled against Jenezad in the past. And yes, he's probably weak from having the shit beat outta him. I still think he will win.
    And he'll win for one specific reason, Kushinada Chikage. Y'all still with me? In terms of plot it makes alot of sense. Hongou will win because he CONVERTS. From satsujin-ken to katsujin-ken.
    And Chikage-chan is the key. Kenichi has been steadily trying to bring her out of Yami, the darkness, and into the light (very Star Wars-ish, I know). If its demonstrated to Kenichi that even someone who fell as far as Hongou Akira can still redeem themselves, then it will prove to him that he can still help Chikage-chan. A showdown with the next Legendary Class Super Master Kushinada Mikumo is coming. For Kenichi to be motivated in that fight he needs a personal stake in it.
    So I see an outcome like this:
    1. Continued tough fight between Hongou and Jenezad.
    2. Hongou is inspired by the spirit/ghost/memory of Kano Shou to win and he does. (Barely)
    3. Something stops him from dealing the killing blow. One of the primary reasons he's here is that he doesn't what to see any more disciples die. The desire to protect them at any cost is very much like the katsujin-ken, yes?
    4. Returning to Japan, Kenichi (with the revitalized Miu) renews his efforts to save Chikage-chan.
    5. Fearing that her disciple is being "led astray" Mikumo takes Chikage away to finish cloaking her in darkness.
    6. Kenichi resolves to save her and gives chase with a master (likely the Elder)
    7. Que the epic battle and various angst ridden yet daring exploits.

I'm not saying this will happen. But it sort of fits with the ongoing mentality yes? And even if I'm wrong about Hongou the situation with Chikage seems plausible. After all, he did manage to save Miu from her own darkness, right?
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't quite get the impression things have changed significantly in this chapter. If getting angry makes akira calm and collected and cold then angering him effectively makes him all the more lethal however as we saw it does not seem to make such a huge difference. As we saw, even now akira has yet to actually land a single hit on the demon god fist. In fact, the closest he has been as of now are a single hit to his mask and the actual breaking of the mask however junazard has effectively taken no damage during the fight. In turn akira has taken a number of hits and has had all of his limbs dislocated at least once. Akira needs to pull of a kenichi and land a devastating hit to have a slight chance. The way I see it, junazard still has an overwhelming advantage here.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast