Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Pendulum 10th div captain/vc

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Pendulum 10th div captain/vc

i had this pic from the databook... shows captains and vc from pendulum arc...

Spoiler show

the only information about the missing characters i could find was...

Spoiler show

what i find odd here is nothing was mentioned about 10th division captain and vice captain...

so then i found this out :
    Spoiler show

anyone got any idea about this...is it genuine or fake coz there were pics posted and everything was written in japanese which i could not understand...

Spoiler show

i have no idea how genuine is this...
    sorry if it has been posted b4...just need to confirm this...

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pendulum 10th div captain/vc

It's genuine. The most popular theory is that Isshin was the former 10 division captain, however that theory isn't really backed in the manga as Shinji didn't recognize his reitsu when he got his powers back.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda could make sense, but if Isshin was actaully the lieutenant then Shinji may never have had to be in contact at all with him, but then also Isshin didn't get his full powers back so in theory Shinji wouldn't of reckonised it anyway due to it being significantly different.... but that's just another theory
    Spoiler show

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Kinda could make sense, but if Isshin was actaully the lieutenant then Shinji may never have had to be in contact at all with him, but then also Isshin didn't get his full powers back so in theory Shinji wouldn't of reckonised it anyway due to it being significantly different.... but that's just another theory
    I know you're just putting out a theory, but wouldn't it be a bit odd for a Captain to be unaware of a vice-captain's existence in Gotei 13? It would be a really extreme case.
    Regarding the matter, Hitsugaya is without a doubt the most recently promoted Captain, so it's quite possible that there has been another change in position in the past century before Hitsugaya got a promotion. Say, the Captain from two generations before was promoted to Squad Zero and then his replacement somehow died in the meantime.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe isshins dad or grandad was the captain while isshin was vice-captain... senior isshin got promoted to squad 0 while isshin left soul society...
    the only way shinji didn't recognized isshin reiatsu can be explained by
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v22/c188/8.html
    maybe he was weak and so shinji could not guess it...or urahara made a special gigai for isshin so that his reiatsu cannot be traced back to what he was previously (reason isshin knows urahara)... its like byakuyas dad was vice captain and grandad was captain...so can there is another senior kurosaki who is in squad 0 now? or maybe kurosaki went by another name that time...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Isshin didn't get any weaker. During his dialogue with Urahara he stated that he didn't get weakern and even if it was like this he wouldn't have blamed Urahara. Also Isshin didn't loose his powers due to FGT. He abandoned being Shinigami and used Urahara's Gigai. The same Urahara gave to Rukia in the begining of the manga...
    Also Isshin couldn't have been a Vice Captain during Shinji's time. No matter how weaker or stronger Reiatsu gets you can still recognize the one who it belongs to. It was clearly shown during the manga.
    Also in one of the interviews during timeskip Kubo said that he will reveal Isshin's backstory and also how he is connected to Shunsui and Ukitake, so it seems that he is at least from Shunsui's and Ukitake's generation, so no way he might be in Gotei during Shinji's time...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, Isshin didn't get any weaker. During his dialogue with Urahara he stated that he didn't get weakern and even if it was like this he wouldn't have blamed Urahara. Also Isshin didn't loose his powers due to FGT. He abandoned being Shinigami and used Urahara's Gigai. The same Urahara gave to Rukia in the begining of the manga...
    Also Isshin couldn't have been a Vice Captain during Shinji's time. No matter how weaker or stronger Reiatsu gets you can still recognize the one who it belongs to. It was clearly shown during the manga.
    Also in one of the interviews during timeskip Kubo said that he will reveal Isshin's backstory and also how he is connected to Shunsui and Ukitake, so it seems that he is at least from Shunsui's and Ukitake's generation, so no way he might be in Gotei during Shinji's time...
    If thats the case then i wonder if he is in the silhouettes of the old Gotei in one of he recent chapters.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/511/11
    There is 2 silhouettes that we can't see due to the bubbles, but i'm liking the dude on the right of Yama as Isshin he looks fricking awesome really hope most of these are part of zero squad as i'd like to know what they are capable of
    Last edited by devstauk; October 24, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I believe Shunsui and Ukitake weren't in that brutal generation of Gotei, when Yama was younger, cause during that time Yama was shown to have hair on his head and be more or less around Tessai's age as Tessai was in Turn Back the Pendulumn Arc, but when Shunsui was shown as his student as a child actually, Yama was already way older and already bold, so I can't see Shunsui or Ukitake in that Gotei. As well as I doubt Isshin was there as he seems more of Shunsui's and Ukitake's age.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

isshin , shunsui and ukitake..even sasakibe were younger ones...unohana definitely was among brutal generations...also it would be cool if we see some senior senior kurosaki...like isshins dad or something in 0 squad...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it would be really great if Ichi's granddaddy would show up when Royal Guard comes to SS.
    He might even be the one who leads Royal Guard.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply