Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    right.I doubt mayuri would blame on yamamoto if he had been just unable to kill him. it can't be an issue of strength,but of bonds. otherwise yamamoto would kill him quickly .

btw,LOL, you edited the post of your comaptriot to correct grammar mistakes
    Maybe they had a love relationship... He wouldn't be the first superpowerful old man to be interested in guys. You know who I'm talking about, right?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post
    Maybe they had a love relationship... He wouldn't be the first superpowerful old man to be interested in guys. You know who I'm talking about, right?
    no,actually I don't...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

There could be many reasons. Maybe they are father and son?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda sure that he is Yamamoto's son.
    And I predicted that Yamamoto has to fight with him and can win the match but he can not kill his son(again) and cause Yamamoto was attacked by him.
    So Ichigo has to fight with him instead.

PS. The charactor of Yamamoto was made for showing the enemies' strength, not to win the enemies.
    It's recall me to Netero in HxH. ^^

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your thought on Yama's pride stopping him from killing the leader? I mean, seeing the Leader was not as powerful or rather worthy, Yama found no motivation to kill him.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    What are your thought on Yama's pride stopping him from killing the leader? I mean, seeing the Leader was not as powerful or rather worthy, Yama found no motivation to kill him.
    it may explain why he didn't kill harribel's beasts either. but it would mean that buckbeard was far weaker than him,which I hope is no true entirely,since I hope he is almost at his level,if not even higher now that he's got just an arm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1 000 years ago?

or maybe they fought to rule over Soul SOciety,and yama won but not with a great difference of power,so he "failed" in killing that man because he wasn't strong enough to end the job.
    You took the words right outta my mouth more or less, I think they trained together way back when if it's since childhood or they are blood related as the arc title would suggest then this could fall heavily who's aged better and if buckbeard wins the next battle soul society by law have to elect the victor the seat of CC and Yama did not look a happy bunny about that situation coming to pass
    Last edited by devstauk; April 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Spoiler show

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

it may explain why he didn't kill harribel's beasts either. but it would mean that buckbeard was far weaker than him,which I hope is no true entirely,since I hope he is almost at his level,if not even higher now that he's got just an arm.
    He could have been weaker in comparison back then. It does not mean, the power gap remained the same. Having acquired new powers, it may have tipped the scale in favor of him. Credit to Kubo, if the leader is stronger than Yama, we can still argue on how strong current Yama is with only one arm.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

He could have been weaker in comparison back then. It does not mean, the power gap remained the same. Having acquired new powers, it may have tipped the scale in favor of him. Credit to Kubo, if the leader is stronger than Yama, we can still argue on how strong current Yama is with only one arm.
    maybe he will make up his mind and ask for orihime's help tor e-gain that arm ahah. yet,we don't know yet why her powers didn't work on ichigo when ulquiorra killed him,though.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Orihime powers have always been used inconsistently. If she can deny an event, like giving GJ his arm back, why its not been done for Yama. Its a discussion for a different thread though. So far, a connection with the Leader is the most plausible theory. I cannot help but thing, Isshin will have involvement in the past events.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Orihime powers have always been used inconsistently. If she can deny an event, like giving GJ his arm back, why its not been done for Yama. Its a discussion for a different thread though. So far, a connection with the Leader is the most plausible theory. I cannot help but thing, Isshin will have involvement in the past events.
    you are right for what concerns the differences of orihime's powers. yet,I guess the only reason why she didn't heal the CC is due to his proud. I doubt he asked her to heal the arm

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. He lost his arm in a battle, there is no shame. Is anyone else thinks Yama may actually die this time? We already saw a good guy died.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. He lost his arm in a battle, there is no shame. Is anyone else thinks Yama may actually die this time? We already saw a good guy died.
    I think so, and i also think he knows already who will succeed him

[OffTopic] this is going a little of topic but its for a good reason, okay i have a question about the way Zaraki obtained captain status, does that only work for the seat of 11th squad captain or is it the same rule for all captains even CC?

[Ontopic] if my questions answer is actually for all seats then if buckbeard beats Yama won't buckbeard then rule SS.... this would then cause wide panic and also the royal guard to be callled would it not?
    Spoiler show

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Even if there's such a rule, I don't think it would apply to VR leader because he's an outsider. The theories about VR leader fighting Yamamoto for CC position 1000 years ago are interesting though. Perhaps he was one of Yamamoto's trusted men before they came into conflict about how SS should have been governed and he challenged Yamamoto to a fight and lost but Yamamoto couldn't kill him for old time's sake.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

to have a change of story,kubo should kill yamamoto this time. so the story will have a new generation,otherwise what's the meaning of this story if nothing happens in the end?

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast