Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

  1. #46
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    When quincies first attacked SS to declare war, they addressed Yamamoto using honorifics. I don't think VR leader is former CC, I would expect someone to be very old to be CC 1000 years ago, it seems to me that VR leader respects Yamamoto which may indicate he was a subordinate of Yamamoto at one point. It would also explain why he failed to kill VR leader and why he was so harsh on Shunsui & Ukitake in SS arc.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #47
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    It's quite an interesting thought. Maybe he wasn't only one of his subordinates, but was also one of his first students along with Shunsui and Ukitake. Or maybe he was his student even before these two.
    Still, the thing that is interesting isn't actually why he couldn't kill him, but why this guy actually attacked if he was a Shinigami?

  4. #48
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    It's quite an interesting thought. Maybe he wasn't only one of his subordinates, but was also one of his first students along with Shunsui and Ukitake. Or maybe he was his student even before these two.
    Still, the thing that is interesting isn't actually why he couldn't kill him, but why this guy actually attacked if he was a Shinigami?
    And of course, how was he a shinigami when he's a Quincy now / why he uses Quincy powers but not shinigami powers / why does he fight alongside a Quincy army and why is he the head of it?


    ex oriente lux

  5. #49
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    I bet Yamamoto knew the VR leader ever since the guy was a kid.

    EDIT

    Also, maybe the leader dude is the Soul Prince or something - kinda like many of us were wondering about Aizen and Ichigo. Either way, I'm pretty sure Yamamoto has known this guy for quite some time, even before they fought.
    Last edited by Cyrs; July 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: stuff

  6. #50
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    So I started watching the anime just for the heck of it and got an interesting idea about Buckbeard and his relationship with Yamamoto. Earlier in the series they were talking a good bit about the four noble families in Soul Society. The Kuchiki clan and the Shihoin clan was explained specifically and a third Shiba clan was mentioned in passing as one that fell out of nobility in shame (or something like that).

    This still leaves out a fourth noble clan of Soul Society yet to be mentioned. It may be possible that both Ichigo's father, Yamamoto, and Buckbeard may have been a part of this clan giving them specialized spirit natures/abilities that are maybe stronger and have different properties than the usual Soul Society Shinigami. This would also mean they wouldn't necessarily have had to have been a part of the Gotei 13 at any time even though they were captain class+ shinigami. I guess I may be opening a new can of worms but I wonder if anyone else had thought about this before.

  7. #51
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post

    This still leaves out a fourth noble clan of Soul Society yet to be mentioned. It may be possible that both Ichigo's father, Yamamoto, and Buckbeard may have been a part of this clan giving them specialized spirit natures/abilities that are maybe stronger and have different properties than the usual Soul Society Shinigami. This would also mean they wouldn't necessarily have had to have been a part of the Gotei 13 at any time even though they were captain class+ shinigami. I guess I may be opening a new can of worms but I wonder if anyone else had thought about this before.
    Nah, BB and CC with Ichigo and Isshin in the same clan? Impossible. But for Ichigo and Isshin being part of some noble family with unique Zanpakoutos (EnGETSU, ZanGETSU), maybe.

  8. #52
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    Yamamoto and Johann were both pioneers in the spirit world. At this time shinigami had just begun to exist, and there wasn't an order in death. On one side Yamamoto decided it would be best to accept all the souls into Soul Society, and cleanse the rest, including hollows, indiscriminately. Johann accepted this idea, but didn't like the part about cleansing hollows. Why would they save souls that kill others? So they both separated. Yamamoto created Seireitei and the Shinigami, Johann created the First Reich and the Magic Hunters.

    For a long time they didn't have a real conflict with each other, but then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Av- killing hollows altered the balance of the worlds. And after many warnings about stop killing hollows, Yamamoto engaged in a serious conversation with Johann, which ended in a dispute. Maybe it was violent, and there was a fight. Maybe Johann simply vanished and Mayuri meant that Yamamoto should have killed him. For 1000 years, the Quincy continued until their final warning, and were all exterminated.

  9. #53
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    Taking into account JB and Yama's flashbacks, JB was extremely powerful back then. So strong that Yama was forced to sacrifice his troops to get a win. Eventually Yama unlocked Bankai. He slaughtered many quincy, but his powers started going out of control. He had a choice, fight Bach and risk burning down all of SS or let him go and gain control of his bankai. Obviously JB was a formidable opponent even back then, so he had no choice but to let him go.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #54
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by Judau Ashta View Post
    Taking into account JB and Yama's flashbacks, JB was extremely powerful back then. So strong that Yama was forced to sacrifice his troops to get a win. Eventually Yama unlocked Bankai. He slaughtered many quincy, but his powers started going out of control. He had a choice, fight Bach and risk burning down all of SS or let him go and gain control of his bankai. Obviously JB was a formidable opponent even back then, so he had no choice but to let him go.
    Well, we know that juhabach saw yamamoto's bankai however we were never actually told juhabach fought yamamoto in the past. If anything what appeared to be a one frame flashbach showed yamamoto's back... I think yamamoto used his bankai against someone else. I think yamamoto used his bankai against the previous vandereich leader and at the time juhabach was simply a high ranking soldier.

  12. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why couldn't Yamamoto kill the Enemy Leader 1,000 years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by Espiro View Post
    Why did captain Yamamoto fail to kill that Quincy 1000 years ago and how did that Quincy survive for such a long time?
    Simple.
    Love.


    By keeping a low profile.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts