Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raizel's Successor

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Successor

For me, I think Franky would be a good choice, but he's not a Noble, so it shouldn't work.

I still have never understood where the whole Shinwoo loving crowd came from, but normal humans aren't even seen on screen except for a moment or two now, so the idea of him leveling up that much is ridiculous.

Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    For me, I think Franky would be a good choice, but he's not a Noble, so it shouldn't work.

I still have never understood where the whole Shinwoo loving crowd came from, but normal humans aren't even seen on screen except for a moment or two now, so the idea of him leveling up that much is ridiculous.
    Yeah frosty, I agree that shinwoo is basicly useless but he should have a plot waiting for him dont you think?
    I may be wrong but I think besides him, there is not much more room for plot development than the old - Elders come, Rai \ franky defeats them.
    So have hope on the weak humans xD

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post

For me it's because of I always feel a bit apprehensive about a story that starts with characters being strong and developed, like Frankenstein and Raizel. That's the kind of stuff I like to see happen during a story. Even M-21, Tao, and Takeo are the same to a lesser degree. They are all superhuman.

It's always more interesting to have a character who starts mortal and goes on to goditude, at least to me.

Plus, as Boss said, he's gotta have a role in the plot. It would just be too weird for one of the first characters introduced to have no significant role. That's what I think anyway.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to think that Rai has always been the one-and-only Noblesse. And so maybe what the story is moving toward is a world that doesn't need a Noblesse any more, and Rai can live a regular life?

But I do see Shin Woo having an important role in the story.

Instead of Rai giving something to Shin Woo, maybe it's Frankenstein who passes on his powers. After all, Franky is a human. So he ought to pass his powers onto another human, right?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think shinwoo and other kids already have important role in the story. if u think from time rai wakeup and come to school he become friend with them .what rai needed most important is friends . i mean before that rai live with frank and sometime clanleader would come to meet him.but most of time in his life rai was alone so shinwoo is good for role of friend then noblesse

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rai dies at the end of the seiries whiat if one of his last acts is to use some of his remaining power to give Franken a portion of his soul in order to permanently calm the dark spear. We saw that Rajaks blood was enough to return Franken back to normal during his little rampage so just imagine what Rai's blood/ soul would do. This could be a way for Rai to show his gratitude to his loyal servant while further strengthening one of the strongest characters in this series. While not a noble if he had rais soul and will I could see the Lord allowing Franken to continue his Lords mission.

Far fetched I know but still more believable than Shinwoo IMO.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of Shinwoo as successor precisely because he is a mere human and only uses his abilities to defend the weak from the strong. Everyone else seems to have at least one conflict in their character here and there. (Regis' arrogance, clan affiliation; M-21's hangup on the past)

The one thing deterring me most from imagining Shinwoo as the Noblesse is that he doesn't have Rai's style, and I'd hate to see his personality or tastes change with any transference of power. With great power comes great elegance?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai have his own soul weapon, though without any physical form, hinting us to the fact that Noblesse have their own pure bloodline just like Lord. Soul Weapons can only be used by the one from the same bloodline. No one can be the successor except Rai's own son/daughter. (No noble->Regis/ Seira OR No Human--> Shinwoo/Frankenstein).

The most we can expect for Shinwoo is either modification or a contract. Nothing more.... Also, Doesnt it feels good for a story to have a normal human character who will play significant role without any power?

Also, knowing Rai's personality, he wouldnt allow anyone else to carry the huge burden of being the Noblesse.
    He would be the last Noblesse!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Life47's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Raizel ever allow anyone to be The Noblesse (he never want to other suffer the bad effects of the power)

In my opinion,Raizel would reincarnate himself(Phoenix Theory).

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice ideas guys -
    I think that Ragnoarok will play a key role in preventing Rai's death and become his soul weapon.
    Since Rai already took Ragnarok into his body once - I'm sure the old Lord planned something along those lines.
    At least thats a whacky idea I thought up.

So maybe there won't be another Noblesse / Successor and Raizel will be the only one.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Seira's taking care of Rai now... maybe that's where the successor will come from
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Seira's taking care of Rai now... maybe that's where the successor will come from

Thats just brilliant. So not only will the there be a new noblesse, the clan of serias (cant think of the name atm) will be revived as well.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Thats just brilliant. So not only will the there be a new noblesse, the clan of serias (cant think of the name atm) will be revived as well.
    Nah she is in pair with regis xD They will revive her clan
    I still believe that Shinwoo was something yet to do and it will ofc be something related to Rai-nim.
    I wonder why Franky doesnt seem more apprehensive because there is three elders coming to get them... Maybe he knows something?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Nah she is in pair with regis xD They will revive her clan
    I still believe that Shinwoo was something yet to do and it will ofc be something related to Rai-nim.
    I wonder why Franky doesnt seem more apprehensive because there is three elders coming to get them... Maybe he knows something?
    Raizel x Seira
    Seria x Regis
    Seria x Shinwoo

In terms of succession - you're right... lol
    I think the only way to have Raizles heir is to have the young lord and Rai to be married. He did offer her a pre wedding ring of sorts with that Ramen he left for her?

As of yet Franky doesnt know that three are on their way but he suspects something big to happen thus requesting assistance from Lukedonia.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2