Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raizel's Successor

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Raizel's Successor

We all love Cadis Etrama Di Raizel. We all like to think him invincible and magnificent and yet, if we look at him closely, we see an old man who's watched a world pass by around him and never really been a part of it. A man who's lived for duty and never for himself. Only now, after an eternity of duty, he's begun to live a life with friends and fun.

I see these as the actions of a man who is living out his final days. I think he realizes that he may die soon and accepts that, just as the Lord accepted that it was time for a new generation to rule the nobles.

However, the world needs a Noblesse. I believe that before the end, he will seek a successor, someone to whom he can give his awesome power and near infinite wisdom. Someone who he can trust with the protection of the world.

I'm not expecting people to agree, but any opinions or contrasting theories?

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Successor

Wow, interesting thinking...

As for me, I hope to see that in the past Noble people more precisely "clan Leaders" were afraid that 'normal people'(like for example later Franky) might soon become so powerfull that Nobles would at some point become overpowered what would lead to their extinction !!!

With this some clan Leaders would want to gain more power(they themselves would become greedy for power).

But where to get the RAW power ???

It's obvious from a Noblesse of course, since a Noblesse contains his/her power in their body and is not sealing it in a soul weapon, what makes extraction easier.

With this a few clan Leaders stepped together and made it look like the death or as it is said in story "eternal slumber" from the previous Noblesse looked like as if normal people killed him/her.

This kind of plan would allow them to steal previous Noblesse's body and with the body of the current Noblesse(that would become Rai) they would become able to extract all power out of that old body(from the previous Noblesse) and use it for their own purposes.

Later they would even try to capture the current Noblesse, but he himself would always be near the Lord, what would not allow them to move a finger on Rai.

So after many years of loyal serving to the previous Lord, Rai would go in a mission where he would be instantly betrayed and when being chased by his own kin/people without knowing why, Rai would hid himself(that's when he has gone to a long sleep).

In current time the clan Leaders that batrayed Rai might still be looking for him, thuz they even though the chances were small for Rai to be in a coffin that they found before the development in the first chapter, they still wanted to retrive it, not to let go 'even' the small chance(from so many fake reports where Rai might be hiding) to let 'slip by'.

Wouldn't this be reasonable, and open a new path for the story to evolve ???
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

rai respect old lord and he told rai to dont came soon so i dont think rai will die soon atlest not for 50-100 years. we know rai is very kind person and as old lord say living lord's life is very difficult but living noblesse life is more difficult so i dont think rai would want someone he like live noblesse life and i also think this is resone why when old lord ask him to become lord he didnt accept

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If not mentioned already, welcome to mh and the noblesse section Samael.

I thought it would be nice if Rai had a successor. If Raizel x Queen ever happens maybe a new Noblesse will come-forth? I mean they've already had their first date over Ramen right? .

Could Regis, Rael (shudders) , Shinwoo (contract?) be one in the future?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The mystery behind the selection and life span of a Noblesse is still a big question for us now. Hopefully it can somehow be answered in the next arc?!

As for successor... I do think we need one. As Samael said, the world will still need a Noblesse to watch over the nobles and humans and their relationship with each other, to help keep things in balance. So hopefully he can prevent situations like the betrayal before happening again. The questions now are who and how (and when maybe). It's really hard for me to say who, there doesn't seem to be any stand-out candidates so far. I still feel that a noble is needed to act as a Noblesse; a jump for Shinwoo for example to be crowned as the next Noblesse may be too much..

Just now there is a random thought of Frank being the next Noblesse. He is not purely human anyway, so...

I really can't think of anything right now. It just don't seem possible at this moment. Maybe Regis, closest to all, and since Gejutel is still around... But a Noblesse 'must have' no clan to lead, so this is tricky. :x

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been on in a while. I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinking about this. In response to Phio chan, I don't think it can be Frank. He's powerful but unpredictable, and he can't fully control his power. Moreover he's... rebellious, and tends to work towards his own desires, (or at least what can best help his master) while the Noblesse must be all about duty.

Regis is a good noble, and almost definitely in line to be the clan leader after Gejutel, but he is also rash and quick to anger, and possibly a bit cocky, though that's getting better. I don't see him as the Noblesse type.

That leaves Shinwoo. He is young, immature, rude, and kind of stupid. However, he is also good, noble, trustworthy, kind, and the perfect friend to have your back when you need him. He has shown several times that he will do everything to help the people he cares about. If he would just grow up a bit, he might be the perfect candidate.

There is also the matter of M-23. In his quest for personhood, after gaining his freedom, he has shown an amazing nack for duty, and doing the right thing when it needs to be done. Also the author tends to draw attention to him, developing him more than most of the other characters. I am a writer of sorts, so this is the type of thing I see.

As to the matter of How, that is completely beyond me. I partly think that all of Rai's being might be converted into a soul weapon for the next person, but if he can't survive his own power, god knows how anyone else would.

But, I have gone way to long. I think way to much about his stuff. Hope you've enjoyed my rant, and feel free to post your thoughts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samael1105 View Post
    Regis is a good noble, and almost definitely in line to be the clan leader after Gejutel, but he is also rash and quick to anger, and possibly a bit cocky, though that's getting better. I don't see him as the Noblesse type.

That leaves Shinwoo. He is young, immature, rude, and kind of stupid. However, he is also good, noble, trustworthy, kind, and the perfect friend to have your back when you need him. He has shown several times that he will do everything to help the people he cares about. If he would just grow up a bit, he might be the perfect candidate.
    well u said all good thing about Shinwoo and all bad thing about Regis it look like u realy love shinwoo and u can't see any good thing in others
    let see when Regis first come he think rai and frank r normal human and m21 is m21 even that time he never use his power against m21 when rai or frank is around . and he let D5 (5 men team i hope its right name) beat him so they didnt harm shinwoo and others. so he have all the good qualities that shinwoo have and he is real noble so if shinwoo can become noblesse then Regis also have chance
    well i m not favors in Regis because i think vice-caption is always good to replace caption . caption is rai and vice-caption is frank . after rai he is most powerful member in team. he can challenge clanleader . he is most knowledgeable in team . he care for human. so if there is anyone going for successor no 1 contender is frank (well i think u guys maybe have others in mind but for me he is no1)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, if Rai actually gives his powers to anybody else, that means that it could have existed another Noblesse before Raizel? Oo
    and if it did who was it and why did he choose Raizel-nim?
    Well out of all that vampire crap that exists nowadays(Twilight) im glad that i started reading noblesse, it really makes u want to read more and more.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    The thing is, if Rai actually gives his powers to anybody else, that means that it could have existed another Noblesse before Raizel? Oo
    and if it did who was it and why did he choose Raizel-nim?
    Well out of all that vampire crap that exists nowadays(Twilight) im glad that i started reading noblesse, it really makes u want to read more and more.
    That's a good question. Was he born special or chosen later?

Either way though, I'm thinking with Soul Weapons(Passing on of powers through artifacts), Awakenings (Raizel releasing latent power through the use of his own), and Contracts (Nobles granting humans superhuman power) the groundwork has pretty thouroughly been laid for Raizel to be able to create a new Noblesse and give him at least some measure of his power.

I'm thinking that time isn't nearly as far off as we might think either and IMO their is already a pretty clear candidate; and that candidate is Shin Woo.

Shin Woo was one of the first characters introduced and really was the first one to reach out to Raizel and get him to join his group of friends; which in hindsight we know to be a huge deal (the Previous Lord would be stunned) It would also fit nicely into the idea of the Nobles adapting their ways to a "human world".

It's probably also worth noting that when Shin Woo is in the room Raizel always seems to follow his lead, that may say a little something about how he would wear authority.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    That's a good question. Was he born special or chosen later?

Either way though, I'm thinking with Soul Weapons(Passing on of powers through artifacts), Awakenings (Raizel releasing latent power through the use of his own), and Contracts (Nobles granting humans superhuman power) the groundwork has pretty thouroughly been laid for Raizel to be able to create a new Noblesse and give him at least some measure of his power.

I'm thinking that time isn't nearly as far off as we might think either and IMO their is already a pretty clear candidate; and that candidate is Shin Woo.

Shin Woo was one of the first characters introduced and really was the first one to reach out to Raizel and get him to join his group of friends; which in hindsight we know to be a huge deal (the Previous Lord would be stunned) It would also fit nicely into the idea of the Nobles adapting their ways to a "human world".

It's probably also worth noting that when Shin Woo is in the room Raizel always seems to follow his lead, that may say a little something about how he would wear authority.
    Yeah I agree. That could also close the gap between the "Normal human characters" and the mess that is the nobles and the union.
    I guess since the beginning Shin Woo was the main character, but we will only see that when Rai-nim steps out =\
    It's a wait to see situation ^^

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Noblesse have its own bloodline(just like the Lord). Rai was the son of previous Noblesse. Remember,he have his own soul weapon though it doesnt have any physical form.
    I am totally against the theory of Regis or Shinwoo as the next Noblesse. Either Rai will be the last Noblesse so that no one in the future have to take such a huge burden or he will have his own son/daughter as the Noblesse.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think Frankenstein is a little more likely then Shinwoo. He's already got a ton of knowledge on nobles and the Union, and I doubt he'd let himself fall behind with current events in the human world at any point.

The only thing going for Shinwoo is that Rai seems to like him, and Seira apparently has a crush on him. Other then that he's just a good hand to hand fighter.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Either Rai will be the last Noblesse so that no one in the future have to take such a huge burden or he will have his own son/daughter as the Noblesse.
    I like the idea of being the last Noblesse. It seems very hard, the job of a Noblesse. And I think Raskreia has already opened up to things related to humans, she is growing up as a leader, and if the Union is to be cleared of the evildoers it won't be too much of a problem. And the nobles seem peaceful as well. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    The only thing going for Shinwoo is that Rai seems to like him, and Seira apparently has a crush on him. Other then that he's just a good hand to hand fighter.
    Given the current plot, this is as far as I can get at the moment with Shin Woo as well. Humans are kind of left behind lately; we see them at happy moments only. It feels as if they are truly decorations, not supporting like what we see in first arc for example. Although I still hope Shin Woo could be a mark to a better relationship between nobles and humans, in a way or another. :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been said that Regis and Seira are the future of the nobles, they also happen to be the two that are closest to the Noblesse. I don't think that either one of them will inherit the title of noblesse but I do believe they will carry on his will. I can see Rai leaving a portion of his soul in each of his earrings and leaving them to the two.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how diverse the views on this are.

I'm not really a subscriber to Regis or Seira as a potential Noblesse or Frankenstein being the inheritor, and the son or daughter thing seems like it would be "out of left field" to me; but I've been wrong before. See my review threads for proof of that.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast