Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

Well reason for existance of monster trio is Oda storytelling... every time in fight Luffy fights the strongest guy, then zoro fights swordsman or the second stronges and sanji fights third strongest or whatever is left... sole reason why monster trio exist is pattern oda follows.

and btw... sanji gets beat up by the girl :P
    Sorry for my Engrish...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think sanji is stronger than franky but going as far as giving him the fodder treatment might be a tad much. Franky is strong, he is smart and he has endless weapons at his disposal. At least before the timeskip I don't think franky would have been inferior to a respectable 1500 doukiri, if a proportional difference is maintained then with his arsenal and versatility franky should be trouble for anyone in the monster trio. Stronger, definitely not, but at least give them a hard time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I do think sanji is stronger than franky but going as far as giving him the fodder treatment might be a tad much. Franky is strong, he is smart and he has endless weapons at his disposal. At least before the timeskip I don't think franky would have been inferior to a respectable 1500 doukiri, if a proportional difference is maintained then with his arsenal and versatility franky should be trouble for anyone in the monster trio. Stronger, definitely not, but at least give them a hard time.
    It's hard to gauge I think that ideal came from the whole Rob Lucci one shot knocking out Franky back in Water 7. Their was a huge difference in power at the time. Sanji would not one shot him though. Never would any of the monster trio but eventually he would be defeated definitely not easily. I feel unlike before the crew is more balanced than ever in skill power etc. Very few fall behind the other. If they're lacking strength they make up with other abilities ten fold. I don't think anyone in the crew is weak enough at this point to be one shot knocked out by just any character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

My problem with Franky is that I don't see him being that much stronger than a pacifista. Pacifistas were created by the best scientist/engineer in the world. IMO, it wouldn't make sense if Franky, who used Vegapunk leftovers to upgrade himself, could take down easily a pacifista which is a work from Vegapunk himself.

Basically, I think that all strawhats are overestimated. On this forum, I got the feeling that most people think that every crewmember can take down a pacifista. And I don't agree. I just don't see Nami, Chopper or Usopp winning against a pacifista. And I think that Franky, Robin & Brook would be victorious but with trouble.

Usopp being stronger than a pacifista would also mean that he is stronger than Luffy from 2 years ago & I simply don't believe it.

So, when Sanji & Zoro were shown to be able to one-shot a pacifista, it doens't mean that pacifistas are now weak ... It just mean that the monster trio is still the monster trio.

I still believe you guys don't realize the gap between each trio. Franky couldn't even comprehend the fight between Ryuma and Zorro. That's the difference in level: Franky can not even follow Zoro's speed with his own eyes ... and I believe that Sanji is even faster.

NB: I know many will disagree.
    Last edited by zelllogan; May 03, 2012 at 05:58 AM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    If they're lacking strength they make up with other abilities ten fold. I don't think anyone in the crew is weak enough at this point to be one shot knocked out by just any character.
    Exactly. i dont think that ranking them by the strenght in the battle have any sense, i see them more lie some MMORPG group where everyone have role where they kick ass..
    Sorry for my Engrish...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

About Sanji and Franky . I personally think no SH could even hope of matching the monster trio not now after 2y not ever . They are natural born fighters and since the start their strength has been far superior and also we have to take into account that they always fought the strongest enemies in every arc while the others didn't.

Franky has indeed improved but he's still way wayyy behind Sanji IMO .

Also i wanna say that i think Robin is quite strong, stronger than Brook IMO but weaker than Franky . She's the 5th in the crew in term of strength IMO

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    My problem with Franky is that I don't see him being that much stronger than a pacifista. Pacifistas were created by the best scientist/engineer in the world. IMO, it wouldn't make sense if Franky, who used Vegapunk leftovers to upgrade himself, could take down easily a pacifista which is a work from Vegapunk himself.

Basically, I think that all strawhats are overestimated. On this forum, I got the feeling that most people think that every crewmember can take down a pacifista. And I don't agree. I just don't see Nami, Chopper or Usopp winning against a pacifista. And I think that Franky, Robin & Brook would be victorious but with trouble.

Usopp being stronger than a pacifista would also mean that he is stronger than Luffy from 2 years ago & I simply don't believe it.

So, when Sanji & Zoro were shown to be able to one-shot a pacifista, it doens't mean that pacifistas are now weak ... It just mean that the monster trio is still the monster trio.

I still believe you guys don't realize the gap between each trio. Franky couldn't even comprehend the fight between Ryuma and Zorro. That's the difference in level: Franky can not even follow Zoro's speed with his own eyes ... and I believe that Sanji is even faster.

NB: I know many will disagree.
    For me the whole thing about how franky would compare to a pacifista is a little iffy too. The technology at the abandoned lab should not be better than the one he was using for the pacifista at the time. Still, a number of other things could come into play here. For one thing, franky made himself into a cyborg with no formal engineering education (just shipwright) from scraps he found at a wreckage without dying from blood-loss or a horribly painful infection from his wounds. Vegapunk needed to be the greatest mind on earth and technology some 300 years ahead of our time. Granted the pacifista were a lot stronger than franky back then however there is still the fact that franky made himself out of scraps and ran on cola. He might as we have built an energy source to power his armor in a cave with only pliers and that thingy to make smoke come out of circuits. Not to mention franky somehow had access to wapemetal during the timeskip which apparently ended up with him doing stuff vegapunk was still dreaming about. If wapometal is actually stronger than whatever the pacifista are made of and franky is made out of it I would argue he would have a pretty good edge against the pacifista.There are particular points were the pacifista still seem better than franky though. The pacifista just have to aim at you to use their lazer, franky apparently needs to join his hands. Franky's lazer is perhaps more powerful though, I would think the lazer alone an one shot a pacifista considering what it did to that door.

For me ussop or chopper being stronger than luffy 2 years ago would not be a big deal. Luffy was weak back in the day anyways. He did ended up pulling stuff on sheer willpower however that only was because he was to weak for his strength to be worth much anyways. There is still the fact that chopper and ussop fight differently from luffy back then. Considering how far a wounded ussop was able to go against luffy back then I would indeed think it is all too possible for the current ussop to take on luffy from back then. And chopper has control over his monster point, which back in the day was enough to give the fodder treatment to someone who moments earlier had given him the fodder treatment, it wouldn't be so weird if the controlled version of the form could surpass luffy's physical capacities from part 1.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

To be honest I don't see robin as a fighting member of the crew anymore. When was the last time she even had a fight? She could kick ass when she first joined however since then she has been left behind by most of the strawhats IMO. Robin has decent control over her fruit but her natural physical limitations (it does not seem like she is strong on her own basically, she just has a lot of mastery over her fruit) IMO are determinant. Her techniques would be pretty much useless against someone actually strong. Making a huge limb would make her into a target to even weaker people than herself which is a fatal flaw if the damage gets transferred to her. I wouldn't be surprised if even ussop was stronger than her nowadays.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i consider robin mostly as a back-up fighter nowadays....its a good thing because if oda makes robin an expert on her fruit then it would be so overpowering imo.

its either she gives a "hand/s" to other fighting strawhats or she wipes all the fodders / henchmen. thats prolly her only role in this series. (i mean, on fights)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still consider Robin stronger than the entire crew besides the M3 and Franky. I mean, she was able to react to Jinbei and Luffy (or place herself between them) and move out of the way in time. I doubt she'll be reduced to fighting fodder for the rest of the series, I doubt any of the straw hats will be only fighting fodder or helping others in fights for the rest of the series. I fully expect each straw hats to get a one-on-one.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i also wanna see the SH's fighting 1 on 1 . That would be awesome and it should happen in the future 'cause that's why they trained individually for 2 y

The girls in the SH's crew are just being cared for . They will always be protected by the guys , especially by ero Sanji . Maybe that's why both Nami and Robin won't fight too much . But i think Robin is strong and could handle strong opponents .

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

robin is strong because she is long ranged...but once the opponent gets close to her she's likely to be a goner...nami is stronger than robin physically imo, becoz nami fought ms. doublefinger close ranged at times.

im not saying robin is weak or would not / cannot fight one on one...but she's basically the type that will be a support most of the time...and her greatest strength is 1. be far away from the enemy 2. taking out big groups.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd kind of a bad example to use Ms. Doublefinger, considering that Robin was ranked higher than her. Even if Robin was physically weaker, she more than makes up for it by using multiple limbs. In terms of close range fights, look at what Robin did to Hammond, she can sprout her body on them in order to perform double clutch, so i don't think she's at a disadvantage in close range fights. It'll only happen in a case like in Thriller Bark where she couldn't restrain the zombie with Zoro's shadow because Zoro is a lot stronger physically, though I doubt she would be fighting opponents like that anyways.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, miss doublefinger was ultimately weak either way. Its not like robin would ever be worth anything against anyone with actual strength. Even if she did get her limbs on the enemy what would that do? Any actually powerful person would already not even be bothered by it, such person would simply break robin's limbs as they come. At this point I don't see how robin would deal with chopper or even brook for that matter. Chopper already has brutal strength and brook has shown he can use long ranged slashes quite casually nowadays and has his freezing thingy along with being incredibly fast (enough for an 80 bounty guy to not even notice him at least). Robin is by no means one of the crew's main fighters nowadays.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Zorro
    2 Luffy
    3 Sanji
    4 Franky
    5 Robin
    6 Brook
    7 Nami
    8 Chopper
    9 Usopp

All that imagining a one on one fight by what we have seen so far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    1 Zorro
    2 Luffy
    3 Sanji
    4 Franky
    5 Robin
    6 Brook
    7 Nami
    8 Chopper
    9 Usopp

All that imagining a one on one fight by what we have seen so far.
    You know that Luffy's the strongest. He is the captain after all.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast