Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, miss doublefinger was ultimately weak either way. Its not like robin would ever be worth anything against anyone with actual strength. Even if she did get her limbs on the enemy what would that do? Any actually powerful person would already not even be bothered by it, such person would simply break robin's limbs as they come. At this point I don't see how robin would deal with chopper or even brook for that matter. Chopper already has brutal strength and brook has shown he can use long ranged slashes quite casually nowadays and has his freezing thingy along with being incredibly fast (enough for an 80 bounty guy to not even notice him at least). Robin is by no means one of the crew's main fighters nowadays.
    You underestimate Robin a lot. She moved the whole boat underwater recently (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tesco_Mano.jpg), That gigant foot seems really strong as well (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...antic_legs.png). The multiplication of her limbs give her physical strength. Robin is basically a giant when she attacks right now ... a giant who can do kage bunshin no jutsu & hinder the movements of her opponents. Chopper, Usopp & Nami are nowhere near that level. She has Usopp's versatility, her gigant attacks allow her a constant "monster point" treat, her mindset allow her to never be surprised & she is probably the smartest strawhat to top it all.

The reason why Oda is not giving her any fight is quite obvious: he made her ability too powerful. Most opponents given to chopper,nami or usopp would have received the fodder treatment from robin. It's hard to conceive an interesting fight involving robin. Either she is completely overwellming her opponent or she is completely overwellmed. It's hard to see an other scenario due to her ability. In fact, it's what happened so far in the manga. All her wins were really easy wins (the priest, the guard in alabasta, hammond...) & all her losses were big losses (kuma, crocodile)

You don't get the real horror behind the hana hana no mi. Try to break a match. Easy Right ? Try to break a cylinder made of a thousand matches ... Not so easy.

Chopper, Usopp or Nami in her category ? IMO, not even close

kkck: I won't change my opinion & you won't change yours. And the opinion is completely opposed. Discussion closed for me .
    Last edited by zelllogan; May 05, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, moving a boat underwater is not in itself a gargantuan feat of strength in this manga. Most strong people could do that on land with one hand after all.... And I am not saying robin is not physically strong though. I do believe the strength of her giant limbs is the sum of the individual limbs she puts into them however that is still not in itself worth much. Physical strength alone is simply not enough when you have guys capable of cutting at once with a single swing or simply predict where the arms are coming out of with haki (hypothetically it should work that way). Even if robin has KB of sorts she is still not physically strong or fast herself which would be an overwhelming limitation against actual strong people. I see her situation at best being similar to that of oar's jr. He was big and strong but against people of some caliber he was merely a huge bullseye quite literally. Heck, moria was the weakest of the shichibukai as far as we know and even he pretty much one shotted oars or could have even if flamingo hadn't attacked first. With robin its the same ultimately, the bigger she gets the easier she gets to hit. What good is a humongously huge and strong limb if ussop makes the area she attacks into a spike field or blows it up or if brook simply moves out of the way or freezes it? Franky would be able to more than match her physical strength IMO and pretty much one shot her giant limbs with radical beam. Chopper would be kinda out there but it is still possible for his monster point to be stronger than she is and even if it isn't he has other six very practical forms for moving or taking physical damage. Ultimately, even adding up her limbs would not be a big deal if robin herself does not have a measure of strength. If she can bench 20 kgs with one arm then with 1000 arms she would bench 20000 kg. 20 tons is way too easily matched by the monster trio, and it is not an amount which should be trouble for the likes of franky or monster point chopper to match. Zoro and luffy at least have been throwing buildings around since part 1 and franky is easily capable of using supersized pillar nunchucks (against moria and oars). Brook is more of a speed kinda guy though, dunno just how physical strong he is. Ultimately, I don't see how robin could be meant to be a main fighter of the crew as she is, her fighting style ultimately makes her a target. Even nami has a chance if she pulls her illusions fast enough and unleashes a thunderstorm on her (we have yet to see the full extent of her weather control however if it powered up as much as the other strawhats then it is not far fetched).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Oda is holding Robin back because she's too strong, what's he gonna do when Jinbe joins the crew?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

so what? Captain does not have to be the strongest. I think Zorro is a tad stronger than Luffy. He didnt fight the big shots and in the fight vs enel for example he didnt have luffy's immunity, but aside from that i think in a one on one fight between the two zorro would be victorious

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

also, we do not know what the strawhats are capable of in the new world yet.

For all we know, the rankings could be totally changed because someone has a super power we did not see yet.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Well, if Oda is holding Robin back because she's too strong, what's he gonna do when Jinbe joins the crew?
    Well, I haven't said robin is too strong, quite the opposite, she is not too strong. Also, if I recall jinbe did not join the crew, odds are he will join (if he joins) when the monster trio has surpassed him.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    That's not what Zelllogan said.
    PFfff, you misread me completely (I could let go one post, but two ...). I said her ability was too powerful. I didn't say she was too strong.
    Basically, her ability is so strong that the only way for Oda to handle her is to give her minimal physical abilities & to never show her in real fights.

Which part of this didn't you get ?
    Quote Quote:
    Either she is completely overwellming her opponent or she is completely overwellmed.
    Edit: Damn it, you really managed to annoy me.
    Last edited by zelllogan; May 06, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    PFfff, you misread me completely (I could let go one post, but two ...). I said her ability was too powerful. I didn't say she was too strong.
    Basically, her ability is so strong that the only way for Oda to handle her is to give her minimal physical abilities & to never show her in real fights.

Which part of this didn't you get ?
    I didn't mean like it was a bad thing. Sorry about that. However, that brings up my point. Since Jinbe has powerful abilities, won't Oda have to do the same with him?

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbei is probably already below the monster trio (on land). At worst, the monster trio will become a monster quatuor. Jinbei doesn't have the same issue as Robin. The issue with Robin is that her ability is allowing her to one-shot anyone near her power level. Jinbei is a martial artist. He will be much more insteresting to see fighting due to that fact.

I see Jinbei as Sanji's counterpart. Sanji is fast & use his legs and Jinbei is strong & use mainly his fists. I think they complete each other perfectly. I see a lot of fights involving those 2 as a duo in the future
    Last edited by zelllogan; May 06, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think robin will be seen in fights in the future with new abilities like the doppelganger.

She wont be a mainfighter, but she will surely be seen more often

More often, we will see her in a team fight tho, because in those ones her abilitiy can shine.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    so what? Captain does not have to be the strongest. I think Zorro is a tad stronger than Luffy. He didnt fight the big shots and in the fight vs enel for example he didnt have luffy's immunity, but aside from that i think in a one on one fight between the two zorro would be victorious

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

also, we do not know what the strawhats are capable of in the new world yet.

For all we know, the rankings could be totally changed because someone has a super power we did not see yet.
    Zoro stronger than Luffy? Get real. You know Luffy's power will always be greater than the others. Futhermore, he's only one who knows Haki at the moment.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Jinbei is probably already below the monster trio (on land). At worst, the monster trio will become a monster quatuor. Jinbei doesn't have the same issue as Robin. The issue with Robin is that her ability is allowing her to one-shot anyone near her power level. Jinbei is a martial artist. He will be much more insteresting to see fighting due to that fact.

I see Jinbei as Sanji's counterpart. Sanji is fast & use his legs and Jinbei is strong & use mainly his fists. I think they complete each other perfectly. I see a lot of fights involving those 2 as a duo in the future
    yeah sanji and jinbe are complete opposites. fire and kicks and punch and water.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro and sanji knowing haki has been ambiguous so far although I do think the manga has implied they know it. Jinbe does use kicks though, unlike sanji he does not have a limitation on what limbs to use in battles. Granted that mostly he uses punches (as does pretty much any other fighter) however he has been seen using kicks at least once (against wadatsumi).

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

But we also saw sanji using knives in fight so it could be isolated incident
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like Sanji using knifes was really combat related. He was only cutting noodles/ramen.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True, sanji actually made a point of how that was a special occasion to him. Sanji is a cook, using knifes with food is only natural. On the other hand, jinbe went straight ahead and kicked wadatsumi's punch for no good reason whatsoever. There is no particular reason to assume jinbe is anymore of a specialized puncher than with luffy basically.

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast