Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of the Strawhats' Strength

I'll use numbers to explain how strong of fighters they are i think they are.. Post timeskip;

1. Luffy - 10 000
    2. Zoro - 9 000
    3. Sanji - 8 000
    4. Franky/Chopper - 5 0000
    5. Usopp/Brook/Robin - 3000~4000
    6. Nami - 2 000

This is not just sheer strength but fighting abilities.

I'll prolly put Jimbe at 8000~9000. I can't see him winning against Zoro, not just because Zoro is a beast but it seems like a poor match up for Jimbe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's more like:
    Luffy: 20 000
    Zoro: 18 000
    Sanji: 17 000
    Franky: 8 000
    Brook: 7 500
    Robin: 7 000
    Chopper: 3 000
    Usopp: 2 000
    Nami: 1 000

IMO, there was, is & ever will be a big gap between each trio.
    Last edited by zelllogan; April 26, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that supposed to be doukiri lol? Well, I am more inclined to thinking luffy is in the 20000 tier than in an 8000 tier. I don't think merely doubling his physical capacities would make the kid be worth a damn for the most part. I doubt nami would clear the 1000 for that matter. She is not a physical fighter, she relies on her weather control. I doubt she will ever display superhuman physical capacities. I also doubt robin would get 7000. Strength would help her but her role is not that of a fighter in that regard. More so, if the huge arms she is able to use are proportially stronger than normal arms then she would be absolutely insane which is not something she has ever shown to say the least. She is able to use mil fleur, imagine the sheer physical power she would have from 1000 arms if she has 7000 strength? I think her actual physical capacities would make more sense in the 400 or 500 tier and even then her power from using giant fused limbs would be insane. I also can't fathom robin actually matching in some form franky or brook lol. Chopper in turn should be higher than merely 3000. He is purely a physical fighter who seems to have mastered martial arts. I do think all of the strawhats should in general be superior to rookies although such a contest would not necessarily be defined by physical power. Ussop with that number would make sense. If he was about a normal human back in the day and made that much fat into muscles it would make sense he developed superhuman capacities. Still, he is a sniper who relies on tricks and range to win fights, he does not need insane physical capacities to be lethal so he could do with less.

On another note, I am not sure if 2000 or 3000 counts as a big gap between the monter trio. I don't think that number in itself would be large enough for it to be determinant in a fight, specially if special abilities come into play.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

It was not douriki for me. Just an overall skill level ...
    I was replying to Irukoi who said: "This is not just sheer strength but fighting abilities. "

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    You do realize that Sanji was using a generic kick right? I'd understand your list if Sanji couldn't break the door using diable jambe.
    sanji wasn't really "joking". he was really trying to destroy that door,yet he might haven't used his diable kick because his friends were too close to him,and might ahve been damaged if he had used it. btw,even those scientists knew that only vegapunk's px (and kuma) can use that beam,so it must be stronger than almost all attacks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    sanji wasn't really "joking". he was really trying to destroy that door,yet he might haven't used his diable kick because his friends were too close to him,and might ahve been damaged if he had used it. btw,even those scientists knew that only vegapunk's px (and kuma) can use that beam,so it must be stronger than almost all attacks.

I just think that ranking Franky stronger than Sanji because Radical Beam > a nameless generic kick would be like me saying Sanji's stronger than Luffy because Hell Memories > a jet pistol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the ranking order is quite simple:
    1) Luffy
    2) Zoro
    3) Sanji
    4) Robin
    5) Chopper
    6) Brook
    7) Franky
    8) Nami
    9) Usopp

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chopper stronger than franky or brook? I really doubt that lol, not sure how that is even possible lol. Robin above either of them is weird too. Wasn't there an SBS that mentions the ranking of the strawhat's strength or says franky is the fourth strongest though?

I have to admit that for me it rather hard to find a place for nami at this point. Her physical prowess is obviously weak however the weather balls which she has apparently incorporated into her weapons are supposed to be something insanely strong if we take the scientist seriously. Heck, the skyfolk apparently used what could be a weather ball to start an actual storm over sanbody if I recall. In that regard, with a little prep time nami could perhaps seriously unleash an actual storm over her enemies. Nami should be pretty much one shottable however how do you rank her strength against ussop or chopper if she can potentially release a tornado on them?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that Franky is seriously underrated here, i cant shake the feeling that after the time skip Sanji is least improoved character and that Franky equals Sanji in terms of fighting abillity. we all forgot that Franky is imune to bullets and probably can take a lot more beating than Sanji and we are jet to see Franky in a real fight.. post time skip i mean.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji vs Franky: Sanji gives him the fodder treatment. As simple as that.
    I can't wait for his first real fight post-timeskip. Thinking that Franky is even near his level is pure nonsense.

Sanji is Zoro's rival for god's sake. He broke the neck of a pacifista easily. His speed is beyond believe, he can litterally cook opponents, he can fly & you can be sure that he can use haki. And you think that Franky is at that level ? I don't even think Franky would be able to touch Sanji in a fight

Simply reading comments like Franky >= Sanji is annoying the hell out of me. But it's partially Oda's fault because he used Sanji as comic relief in the past arc.
    Last edited by zelllogan; May 02, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

simply becouse you favor one character over another does not make him stronger so i will have to shot down your argumens one by one becouse clearly you are not being objective.

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Sanji is Zoro's rival for god's sake.
    I dont recall that two of them ever had a showdown so we cant compare actual strenght between Zoro and Sanji. Yes they are fighting all the time but thats only personality clash nothing more.

He broke the neck of a pacifista easily.
    are refering to that time when Sanji and Zoro took second pacifista TOGETHER!

he can fly & you can be sure that he can use haki.
    He can fly !! big deal, Franky can drive that giant transformer and please answer me how can I be sure that Sanji have haki... where was it mentioned?

please understand that i am only looking at things from different angles as im trying to stay objective bcz statemens like Sanji own Franky never had basis in facts. Proove me wrong!
    Last edited by Zoronoa Roro; May 02, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    simply becouse you favor one character over another does not make him stronger so i will have to shot down your argumens one by one becouse clearly you are not being objective.
    Sanji has been shown to be stronger since pre-timeskip, why would that change all of sudden?

I dont recall that two of them ever had a showdown so we cant compare actual strenght between Zoro and Sanji. Yes they are fighting all the time but thats only personality clash nothing more.
    Compare their opponents; Jyabura and Kaku in particular. Kaku had a douriki that was 20 (?) higher, but Jyabura was the only member of CP9 that could move with tekkai/tekkai kenpo and was a carnivorous zoan fruit user which Chopper said are more suited for battle than herbivore zoan's.

are refering to that time when Sanji and Zoro took second pacifista TOGETHER!

He can fly !! big deal, Franky can drive that giant transformer and please answer me how can I be sure that Sanji have haki... where was it mentioned?

please understand that i am only looking at things from different angles as im trying to stay objective bcz statemens like Sanji own Franky never had basis in facts. Proove me wrong!

I though it was pretty obvious that either one of those attacks would of destroyed the Pacifista. Sanji has constantly fought tougher opponents than Franky, and was the only one to get back up and confront Kuma, along with Zoro. I thought it'd been pretty well established that the Monster trio were the 3 strongest in the crew and I doubt that it'd change.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I may have to reorganize my opinion:

1) Luffy
    2) Zoro
    3) Sanji
    4) Franky
    5) Brook
    6) Chopper
    7) Robin
    8) Nami
    9) Usopp.

Satisfied?

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Sanji has been shown to be stronger since pre-timeskip, why would that change all of sudden?

Compare their opponents; Jyabura and Kaku in particular. Kaku had a douriki that was 20 (?) higher, but Jyabura was the only member of CP9 that could move with tekkai/tekkai kenpo and was a carnivorous zoan fruit user which Chopper said are more suited for battle than herbivore zoan's.
    You didnt understand what i was trying to say, pre time skip i have no objection to Sanji being stronger than Franky but after time skip we have full character transformation with Franky... almost everything was changed! appereance, powers... only his personality stayed the same...
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You didnt understand what i was trying to say, pre time skip i have no objection to Sanji being stronger than Franky but after time skip we have full character transformation with Franky... almost everything was changed! appereance, powers... only his personality stayed the same...
    You do realize everybody trained right? It's not just Franky that changed. Franky's shown nothing that would put him above Sanji in terms of strength. Until he proves otherwise, which I doubt will happen, the monster trio will remain the strongest 3 in the crew.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast