Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sho Kano vs Tirawit Kokin Death Match

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sho Kano vs Tirawit Kokin Death Match

Well, within the context of the manga you got a point there. Kokin being weaker could still theoretically get a victory off kano but that would still not change that kano is indeed the stronger one. Technique (all of the one shadow's skills basically), speed and talent are areas where kano in all likelyhood was at his best superior to any yomi with the probably exception of kajima. Of course, if kajima has a strong heart and is indeed stronger than kano (lets face it, within the context of the manga it was the heart where kano lost against kenichi more than anything else) then kenichi needs a more than severe improvement to defeat him as we would be talking about someone actually stronger than miu.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, within the context of the manga you got a point there. Kokin being weaker could still theoretically get a victory off kano but that would still not change that kano is indeed the stronger one. Technique (all of the one shadow's skills basically), speed and talent are areas where kano in all likelyhood was at his best superior to any yomi with the probably exception of kajima. Of course, if kajima has a strong heart and is indeed stronger than kano (lets face it, within the context of the manga it was the heart where kano lost against kenichi more than anything else) then kenichi needs a more than severe improvement to defeat him as we would be talking about someone actually stronger than miu.
    Kano was stronger than miu so, and also the question wasnt "whos the stronger yomi member shou or koukin" it was who would win a "fight" and as we've seen with ken countless times its not nescisarily the stronger guy who wins so anythings possible epescially with great will power. I think what really makes kajima dangerous is his intellect he seems like a genius/strategist which imo is much more dangerous than a tough guy. So yeah basically someone that is more skilled on paper doesnt really mean they'll win a fight against someone weaker its all set and setting

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tirawit would have been much stronger when he had an actual fight with Kenichi than what he was when Shou was still alive. But if you use the Tirawit at that point of time Shou curbstomps. Shou was much stronger than the rest of the disciples to the point he was several times stronger than either Miu or Kenichi. (The Shou fight is 100% plot and the series suffers funky power showings like how Miu vs. Remi demonstrate.)

With current Tirawit, I think he could win, but I'd still be inclined to give Shou the edge. The rest of the disciples are now in the league Shou was in prior to his death.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, I question shou being "much stronger" than miu. If anything I think the manga points to the two of them being roughly even or perhaps even miu having a slight advantage. Miu is overall just that strong at least.

To be honest I would even go as far as questioning whether sho from back then would lose to a current koukin. Even back then sho was able to take out half the shinpaku alliance easily on his own and kenichi could barely even keep up. It was only when using his full ryusui seikuken that kenichi was able to get the upper hand. Taking into consideration that RS is so strong that the author has had to find random ways for it to be useless against other yomi only adds up to the strength kano had. Kano almost certainly had a weaker heart than the other yomi however in terms of strength, speed, stamina and technique he was the superior one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Miu being on par, if not better, than Shou at that point of time is nonsense. While gaps in strength do exist, Ken, Miu, and the rest of Yomi's disciples are all indicated to be in the same class division. The sole exception to this trend is Shou. Not only did Shou one-shot Miu and Kenichi repeatedly, he was dominating 99% of the time in his final fight, including the scenes with Ryuusui Seikuuken.

Kenichi only "won" the fight because the plot demanded it. Even the author has disavowed it with the excuses made for Kenichi's performance during that fight along with other oddities like Boris strangling him soon afterwards.
    Last edited by Franckie; September 04, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The gaps in each class or age group can be quite overwhelming. Just look at the ryozampaku masters against regular masters. The ryozampaku guys would win those fights easily... Heck, zakaki and akira took hordes of master class fighters during their invasion of junazad's palace. Sho never did one shot miu though. He held her back when she went berserk and only knocked her out when she was focused on kenichi. I would think the manga points towards miu and sho being roughly equal at least.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2