Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sho Kano vs Tirawit Kokin Death Match

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sho Kano vs Tirawit Kokin Death Match

Yomi disciples fight!!!

The first is contestant is Sho Kano the former leader of Yomi. He's a practitioner of Karate, Command SAMBO, Muay Thai, Lucha Libre, Jujutsu, Pencak Silat, Kalarippayattu, Chinese Kenpo, Ancient Martial Arts, Hayato Fighting Style.

The second Contestant is Tirawit Kokin a member of Yomi disciple of Agaard Jum Sai. He's a practitioner of Muay Thai and all known variations of the martial art including Muay Boran.

Both of these fighters gave Kenichi perhaps the toughest and most difficult fights of his life so far and one of them even managed to defeat him once They are both very skilled and very powerful fighters

This fight will commence in the underground fighting ring.

VS.

Who are you going to bet your money on!? LET THE KILLING BEGIN!!
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sho Kano vs Tirawit Kokin Death Match

I think we have to set the particular time at the manga in which this fight would take place. Is it kokin from when he was defeated by kenichi or is it kokin from the same time when kano fought kenichi? The disciples grow stronger as the manga goes on and quite fast at that. IMO if they are from the period kenichi fought kano, I would give it to kano. Kano was apparently even with miu which is quite something to say the least. Kokin might have the stronger heart or whatnot however strength wise kano should be superior. More so, kano knows mua thai alongside with 9 other fighting styles, I don't see how kokin would ever match kano's versatility. Of course, the manga does show that being stronger does not necessarily equate to victory however the factors that make it so are largely unpredictable and IMO should not be considered.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck Thanks for the suggestion

This fight will take place shortly after the Okinawa battle in which case Sho Kano is still alive.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

At the time set in the manga Kano was far superior to Kokin. To be honest, even at the time of Kenichi and Kokin's fight, I would place Kokin beneath Kano in terms of combat ability. So, Kano wins the match-up.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Kano Shou here as he was more versatile and more skillful and I believe he was stronger than Tirawit Koukin not only when Kano fought Kenichi, but also at the moment Kenichi fought Koukin.
    Kanou also knew how to counter Muai Tai and also knew tons of moves to use against not that versatile Koukin.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll give this fight to kokin. Looking at his second fight with Kenichi I get the impression his tanking ability nearly rivals that of Kenichi and his solid defense will make it hard for Sho to land a lot of hits on him. Sho's body is not very durable because Kenichi didn't have to use a lot techniques to bring him down unlike his fight with Kokin. All Kokin has to do is hit him with a barrage of attacks continuously numerous times and Sho will break like a twig.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even if we assume kano is relatively fragile(which is a huge assumption considering kenichi's techniques tend to pack more than a decent punch, in general he has more offensive power than those his age), there is still the issue that kokin has to actually hit kano. At least myoboshi is a technique which has consistently either one shotted people or drained them significantly. Kano would at least be a decent bit faster than kokin IMO, he has that whole speed and agility thing going on for him as much as miu.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, even if we assume kano is relatively fragile(which is a huge assumption considering kenichi's techniques tend to pack more than a decent punch, in general he has more offensive power than those his age), there is still the issue that kokin has to actually hit kano. At least myoboshi is a technique which has consistently either one shotted people or drained them significantly. Kano would at least be a decent bit faster than kokin IMO, he has that whole speed and agility thing going on for him as much as miu.
    It's not a big assumption to say Sho's body is frail lets take a look at that fight again

Here we have Sho getting hit once , twice, the third time(numerous techniques), the fourth and final time. He got hit seven times total I'll concede that he used that Sei Dou Goui technique which affected his body afterward, but still I think this proves my point his body is frail in comparison to Kokin the only real powerful technique he got hit with was Mubyoshi and Kokin took that technique like it was nothing after already getting hit by numerous techniques during the fight then he stands up after taking Kenichi's strongest attack Korui Nuki (although it wasn't as powerful because he managed to counter it) finally we have Kokin standing up again after getting hit by one of Apachai's signature techniques "APANCH" this guy is a tank compared to Sho he'll take the hits and get back up, so it will be very difficult for him to take out Kokin even with his large variety of techniques if this turns into a battle of endurance (most likely scenario) Kokin takes the hammer

I don't buy that Sho is a lot faster than Kokin either it may seem that way because Kenichi had severe difficulty defending himself during their fight, but that was because Kenichi didn't start using ryusui seikuken until midway thru the fight; after that Kenichi had no problem keeping speed with Sho's movements, and he had no noticeable problem keeping up with Kokin either because he started out their fight already using ryusui seikuken. If anything their speed is on par with one another probably the same IMO
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 04, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi could keep up with koukin with or without ryusui seikuken however he definitely could do nothing against kano without it though. Another important thing is that kano was actually pretty much equal to miu who has been consistently been shown to be a significantly better martial artist than kenichi. At the very least this should show kano is by a decent bit faster (unless we assume koukin for some reason would not get his ass handed to him by miu lol).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Kokin getting his ass handed to him by Sho though...because honestly I believe Miu is even more powerful than Sho to the point where calling them equals wouldn't be fair. Simple logic says Kenichi beat Kokin and Miu beat the shit out of Kenichi therefore Miu would beat the shit out of Kokin...we can agree on that..but I don't know if we can call Miu and Sho equals ..that would be implying the difference in strength between Sho and Kokin is the same as the difference in strength between Miu and Kenichi..thats a helluva a lot I cant bring myself to believe he's that inferior to Sho...I mean he even told Kenichi he would need more experience to face him after the fact Kenichi just defeated their leader..that must count for something right lol
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 04, 2012 at 01:55 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference between kano and sho was also the heart thingy. Kano ultimately did have a weaker heart than koukin and whether kenichi agrees or not it was the reason he could not use ryusui seikuken against koukin. I think that points to another interesting point, kenichi defeated kokin without ryusui seikuken while in turn kenichi did nothing against kano until he used ryusui seikuken.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose you have a point it's true that Kenichi was still able to keep with Kokin after his ryusui seikuken level 3 technique failed, but from then wasn't Kenichi and Kokin both Dou fighting because they were was enraged their masters had got badly wounded? It's not a stretch to say Kenichi was subconsciously exciting his own ki to fight and keep up with Kokin's movements either that or Sho might be simply faster than Kokin in which case that would mean he has a slight advantage thats all, but that by no means guarantee's absolute victory.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi is a sei fighter, not a dou fighter. He is just as incapable of exciting his ki to detect the enemy as miu is incapable of learning ryusui seikuken. Given what the manga has said, there is a far stronger chance that kenichi will pull of a kamehameha in the first try even though it took the elder 50 years to master it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I suppose you have a point it's true that Kenichi was still able to keep with Kokin after his ryusui seikuken level 3 technique failed, but from then wasn't Kenichi and Kokin both Dou fighting because they were was enraged their masters had got badly wounded? It's not a stretch to say Kenichi was subconsciously exciting his own ki to fight and keep up with Kokin's movements either that or Sho might be simply faster than Kokin in which case that would mean he has a slight advantage thats all, but that by no means guarantee's absolute victory.
    well koukin and ken have pretty similar strength in regards to will power and kens will is basically how he beat shou so i dont think its out of the question for koukin to at least maybe be able to tie with shou but if your talking logically (skill/technique/raw talent) then yeah shous got him beat but lets keep in mind aside from his fight with boris and maybe ethan ken has always been the weaker of the fight in regards to skill imo so its not that outrageous for koukin to defeat someone on a physically higher level than him. After all even kajima recognizes the strength of koukins heart.
    Last edited by blackmidnight; May 04, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Kenichi is a sei fighter, not a dou fighter. He is just as incapable of exciting his ki to detect the enemy as miu is incapable of learning ryusui seikuken. Given what the manga has said, there is a far stronger chance that kenichi will pull of a kamehameha in the first try even though it took the elder 50 years to master it.
    You're insane lol there's no way Sho would dominate Kokin in a fight to the death there's not enough substantial evidence to support your claim. Is Sho a more skilled fighter? yes. Is Sho slightly faster? perhaps. Does Sho have greater strength? no way in hell

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast