Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: With the 12th Elder taking Raizel hostage, what do you want to see happen now?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raizel use his powers and kill the Elder.

2 25.00%
  • Frankenstien somehow managing to intervene and kills the Elder so his master doesn't need to use his power.

1 12.50%
  • Seira just roll her eyes and take the Elder's head off with a single stroke of the Death Scythe.

2 25.00%
  • Other(please post)

3 37.50%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 233 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 233 Review

Looks like Charlie and Evil3ye called in right in my "How will Frankenstein VS The 12th Elder play out?" poll, though I bet neither saw this coming. Worst hostage choice ever.

And in last week's "How much danger are the injured in on that roof, with the Dark Spear making an appearance?" Charlie, halfcrzy, and scav called it right in saying that the people on that roof were in no danger.(That building is made of some sturdy stuff)

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

DAMMIT! I was hypnotized by his handsomeness!

This week continues Frankenstein's battle with the 12th Elder; with Franky having summoned his Dark Spear and the 12th Elder filled with the traitor Roctis' power, along with loads of irrational confidence.

Frankenstein expresses how pleased he is that the 12th Elder made a contract with Roctis, since it brought him into his grasp. The Elder is a bit shocked that Franky knew Roctis and tries to press him for information about how he knows that name. Frankenstein tells him "It's nothing much. He's someone he must kill." This infuriates the Elder and the fight resumes in earnest.

They trade beams of death for a bit but the Elder is overwhelmed and flies up into the air and rains powerful attacks down on Franky. Eventually, though, Frankenstein knocks him out of the sky and corners him. After mocking the Elder a bit Frankenstein seems ready to finish him off when Raizel calls his name, presumably to tell him to restrain himself, this causes a slight distraction which the Elder uses to escape Frankenstein and take a hostage, Raizel.

The KSA people are horrified by such a dirty act but M-21, Regis, and Seira are just stunned than anybody in the universe could be so stupid. Frankenstein looks deadly serious though, which the Elder takes to mean he picked the right hostage....he couldn't be more wrong.

Chapter Review

R.I.P. the 12th Elder. He died the way he lived....stupidly.

Substance
    Not a lot happened this week , other than Frankenstein being all badass, but we did learn one thing.

We learned that Roctis was no captive of the union or anything like that; since the 12th Elder referred to him with such respect. Which means at least one traitor is an ally of the union (and he's probably not alone.).

As for the fight, like most everyone expected Frankenstein was more than a match for the 12th Elder; even with Roctis's power. This fight is pretty well over with but Frankenstein seems likely to fail in his objective to keep his master from fighting.

Presentation
    Artistically this chapter has upsides and downsides. The upside is the energy attacks all looked great and the character art was great as usual, the downside was the background art or lack thereof. Making it a bit hard at times to make sense of where things were happening relative to other characters, as well as making it hard to judge sometimes how big or powerful attacks were.

In terms of pacing, it's pretty classic fight pacing but with one thing worth mentioning. There was almost no transition between last week's chapter and this weeks. Making chapter 232-233 seem to be set up as one chapter that was split into two parts; especially combined with 232's very abrupt ending. This isn't really good or bad per-say but it's unusual and, as such, worth noting.

Final Rating
    A pretty good combat chapter. Far from perfect but easy to enjoy. The ending moments however build up some good momentum for next week.

I give it a 4 out of 5

My Prediction
    • Raizel will be the one to actually kill the 12th Elder.

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 13-16)

Frankenstein is going to absolutely destroy the 12th Elder.
    Correct, Frankenstien was on a whole other level.

Sangeen is going to be killed by Cerberus.
    Incorrect, all of Cerberus is now dead...

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What do you think about the 12th Elder's level of power?
    Last edited by Jammin; April 24, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 233 Review

Quote Quote:
    With the 12th Elder taking Raizel hostage, what do you want to see happen now?
    MIND CONTROL!!!! and a statement like "Your Breath.....Stinks" lol

Quote Quote:
    RIP the 12th Elder. He died the way he lived....stupidly.
    It's fitting perfectly as the 12th Elder's Epitaph

Very Abrupt ending for me since I did'nt read ANY spoiler so I was like " "
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ekinox's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    MIND CONTROL!!!! and a statement like "Your Breath.....Stinks" lol
    +1 KNEEL

I voted for Raizel use his powers and kill the Elder.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic169996_2.gif

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I accidentally clicked on Seira in the poll, but I also want Rai to use effortless mind control...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the option other in the poll. I'm pretty sure Raizel will do something epic or kneel next week but I'm hoping to see something a little more.
    I'd like to see Rai come into some kind of mental or special connection with Roctics via using his power on the elder since they're contracted. At the very least Roctics should sense that the elder perished.

The elders's powers were the strongest so far as far as villains go. I think Frank won a bit too early or easily though.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    With the 12th Elder taking Raizel hostage, what do you want to see happen now?
    I picked 'Other'. We seem to be forgetting Yuri in the mix. He would have a number of reasons:
    i) complete the Cerberus collector set.
    ii) get back at Franky for their previous encounter.
    iii) the fight seems a bit too one sided, he wants them to decimate each other.
    iv) he simply likes to backstab.

In short, I think that Rai will start to mind control the elder then one of Yuri's backstab-beams will come out of nowhere... and add some angst.
    Last edited by Wowzers; April 26, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

New Reply