Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Scanlation Team=Access to RAWs?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the manga?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry. I'm having trouble navigating this website. I want some Raws to translate. But then I came across this article. I'm not sure I fully understood it. But what I got from it was that Japan is making it harder to legally translate free material or even access it. For all translators, how and where did you find your raws? Thanks.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where is the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakarane View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm sorry. I'm having trouble navigating this website. I want some Raws to translate. But then I came across this article. I'm not sure I fully understood it. But what I got from it was that Japan is making it harder to legally translate free material or even access it. For all translators, how and where did you find your raws? Thanks.
    Mangahelpers - no longer posts raws here. Hence you're finding it difficult. The article you mentioned might be this one here? Please read as it better explains our policy / change.
    Japanese companies or licensors never approved of illegal hosting of their manga / products or translations by fans that they own. As to finding raws a quick search on your local search engine will give you what you're looking for in most cases.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlation Team=Access to RAWs?

Sorry if this is in the wrong category. But I'm new having trouble navigating the website and desperate for an answer. I mean, if this website bans links to external RAW websites, and also doesn't host any, is there any way for me to even translate in association with this website?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scanlation Team=Access to RAWs?

If you are looking for a single place to find raws and post translations, then no, this is not the site for you. Much like the many raw hosting websites around the internet do not provide a place to post translations, we no longer offer raws. We provide a high traffic site, well known to scanlators, where new translations can get a considerable amount of attention. With a large community of manga fans we also provide a space to promote new projects. Translators can also converse, ask questions, and provide mutual in our translator's academy forum. We have translators on staff available to answer questions, help, and providing learning tools to anyone who seeks. If you are looking for a place to connect with scanlators, fans, and fellow translators this is a very good website for you. If that is not enough without the availability of raws I wish you the best with all of your endeavors. Raws are a google search away, it is not a service as needed as it was in the past, nor one that is legally advisable for a site of our size.

New Reply