Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Vs Other franchises

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Vs Other franchises

Mr. Satan wins easily. I don't even believe Tonpa can fight... but maybe... he can fool Mr. Satan into drinking his laxative spiked juice

Post number 300!
    Last edited by Netero; April 26, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I still believe Meryem could defeat the entire DBZ universe. His ability is that he grows stronger with each feed. He can eat a large quantity of people with strong aura quite quickly, I think before we know it he would be on universe destroying level. His potential is remarkable, more so than any DBZ character sorry.

I don't think the Toguro Brothers fight is really fair, one of them is literally immortal haha.

As for Mr. Satan vs. Tonpa. I give it to Tonpa, sorry but Satan is just stupid, Tonpa could easily fool him.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right, but in the context of a tournament fight, Kuwabara beat Toguro the Elder. So I think with Feitan's help they might be able to pull a win.

Hell yea futurefrog, I think Tonpa could win under the right circumstances. Tonpa is actually fairly smart, I think he would feed him poison and Satan would be dumb and drink it fight over. I just realized you said the same thing Netero. Great minds. Who else could Tonpa tackle in a battle of wits?

Tonpa+Amori bros vs Pilaf and Oolong
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 26, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with the whole Meryem could defeat everyone in DBZ over time. So could Cell and so could Kid Buu. Majin Buu was by far the worst villain because he gained strength during fights and each fight his powers increased. Even at the end with SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu.

My point here is it's clearly Meryem's foundation is Cell and you have to remember this has to apply to characters to have more fighting experience Meryem is like a baby over time he'd change like Piccolo did. His views were already changing. If anything he'd be nothing more than an ally if he wasn't killed first. Remember the formula dbz guys. Strong villain more training. Villain gets stronger train more. Not enough powerup in the midst of battle. Villain powersup in battle by some unbelievable odds defeat your opponent anyway. So even if he was a villain he wouldn't last long and if his powers did increase enough let's say to wipe out the main cast he could never beat Kid Buu in power. That's just plain on impossible. Yes he's smart and what not I don't see how any power he could acquire would ever let him fight Kid Buu evenly in battle let alone survive it for much long. Plus Kid Buu blows up planets.....instantly with a snap of his fingers. He's sort of his rival villain in a way just worse.
    Last edited by ish3; April 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started a thread like that before, but some common matchups.

Versus DBZ:

Most characters without regenerative abilities can be killed rather easily by using poisoned weapons. What's going to happen is the DBZ guy will be like 'haha your attacks have no effect on me' and you just stab them with a poisoned anything and they die. Don't even need to use any special abilities.

You'd be screwed against someone immune to such powers or with regenerative abilities, like Cell and Buu. The physical power of the DBZ characters are well above HXH and one of the key points stressed in HXH is that aura doesn't let you get around human limitations.

Versus Naruto:

Naruto will win because Naruto has way more developed characters who are on par with HXH's best characters. In essence, HXH loses because Togashi is lazy. For every Netero class character, there's at least 5 of his counterparts in HXH. While HXH characters would have a considerable advantage in any 1on1 fight, you're looking at probably 1on5 or worse odds for the most powerful HXH characters. While Meryem's power seems to easily exceed any of Naruto's character, because he's vulnerable to poison he'd logically be vulnerable to any 'instant kill' type nijitsus and there's a whole mess of these things, and again only one guy has to succeed to take him out.

Versus Bleach:

Bleach's characters would compete favorably even against DBZ, though Bleach's character has a tendency to reveal their weakness and the only way to defeat them before you fight them, so expect Bleach to inexplicably lose a lot of characters who have no business of being defeated. Still eventually you're going to run into someone who has no obvious weaknesses and that'd be that.

Versus One Piece:

The HXH characters would figure out how to manufacture/buy/steal the Seastones and it'd be instant game over for OP. You'd have guys doing their usual "Look mom, my head got chopped off" and then die instantly because that wound was inflicted by a weapon laced/coated with Seastone. Any of the top tier OP will easily wipe the floor with HXH characters by just doing long range elemental attacks but all OP characters are too stupid to do this. In fact Pufu can probably defeat half of the cast of OP by getting a microphoen and say that he and his 8 million minions already have them surrounded. This will cause half of the OP cast to panic and surrender.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^I don't think any weapon, at least without Aura involved, can pierce DBZ's characters skin. Even with Aura involved, it's quite difficult to say for sure.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    ^I don't think any weapon, at least without Aura involved, can pierce DBZ's characters skin. Even with Aura involved, it's quite difficult to say for sure.
    Whenever a character does one of those ki disc thing all the characters have to avoid it or they get cut by it, even with a drastic difference in power level (i.e. Freeza versus Super Saiyan Goku, Krillin versus Vegeta). If you say ki disc is roughly like an aura weapon, and applying HXH's rule where you cannot create aura weapons that cannot exist physically (i.e. aura sword = a very good real sword when Kurapika's teacher was explaining it), this implies a very good sword can always cut a DBZ character. Now, of course you wouldn't actually be able to have the speed/accuracy to hit a DBZ character, but DBZ characters tend to have a 'LOL your attacks are useless' attitude which allows you to sneak in a hit. Of course if they're serious about dodging, you'd never be able to hit anyone with even a SSJ1 power level with a weapon.

Another good strategy would be to shoot bullets coated with deadly poison. You pull out a gun and obviously any DBZ character is going to go "LOL guns" and you shoot them and they die from the poison.

For a point of reference, Krillian reads 1200+ on the Scouter. Vegeta is 18000. Not sure how high he can go but Gohan's high is something like 2000ish if I recall, so let's say Krillian is at most 2K. Vegeta in giant monkey form has X 10, so he's basically 100 times stronger than Krillian, but he dodged the disc instead of just blocking it. In fact Vegeta's tail got sliced off by another character roughly 1/100th of his power level. So, there's no reason to believe DBZ characters have special resistance to slashing attacks. Of course, in light of that, they may very well just dodge all slashing attacks to be safe, so the gun approach is probably best. I believe Goku originally died from some kind of virus that caused his heart attack (not totally sure about this), so not even Super Saiyans are immune to stuff like virus or bacteria, so there's plenty of deadly stuff that spreads by contact. Obviously, it won't work on Buu (Mr. Satan tried to poison him and had no effect) and probably not Cell either, but being able to take out any DBZ character is a considerable accomplishment.

---------- Post added April 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was April 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    Mr. Satan wins easily. I don't even believe Tonpa can fight... but maybe... he can fool Mr. Satan into drinking his laxative spiked juice

Post number 300!
    Mr. Satan gave Buu poisoned chocolate so he's certainly aware of such tactics, and when things get rough, he can always resort to his gun.
    Last edited by Phantron; April 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing against DBZ is that most characters have ZERO tactics and most HxH have FULL tactics...so with given time, I think HxH universe would win. Most abilities are tricky and mischievous. And in the other side, most DBZ characters are quite dumb.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Thing against DBZ is that most characters have ZERO tactics and most HxH have FULL tactics...so with given time, I think HxH universe would win. Most abilities are tricky and mischievous. And in the other side, most DBZ characters are quite dumb.
    Meryem was basically a DBZ type character, in the sense that his absolute power does overcome all tactics. You can't think of a cool plan to defeat someone when he can basically teleport behind you and kill you before you're even aware of being attacked. To defeat DBZ you'd basically have to use the same methods HXH used to defeat Meryem (poisoning), which would actually work on all the humanoid type characters in DBZ, but it definitely wouldn't work on Buu.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how much they take to act (DBZ) I'm assuming that setting them up would be quite easy.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Considering how much they take to act (DBZ) I'm assuming that setting them up would be quite easy.
    Assuming it's not just an instant battle to the death, most likely you'll see two universe breakout like say Ubogin versus a random guy and doing no damage, and losing and/or getting killed. They'd try assassination techniques and that wouldn't work either (say you try to slit the throat of a DBZ guy, they'd obviously dodge it since they've no special resistance to slashing damage). But then the HXH guys would eventually notice these guys NEVER dodge bullets and take advantage of that, and probably get a few wins that way until they run into someone who is not afraid of any kind of poison, or until one of the DBZ guy decides to just go in air and throw down a huge fireball.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

In the Oozaru Vegeta example, Vegeta's power was already greatly diminished by that point, as was stated, so it wouldn't be 18k times 10 but far less, and Krillin's power wasn't just 1200, it was supressed at that point. Nothing of this is really relevant, just wanted to clear it up.

SSJ Goku blocked SSJ Trunks's sword with his finger after he arrived on Earth. Slashing damage works like regular damage in DBZ world. Neither Freeza nor King Cold sure as hell couldn't have blocked Trunks's sword with their whole defense, much less their fingers. The power of the weapon is the same as the power of the user in DBZ world. It's just that the Ki Disc in particular has the property to cut through anything. Also, Kienzan (Ki disc) + Taiyoken (blinding move) combo would defeat any HxH character, though no DBZ character ever thought of doing that for some reason.

I also think the same holds true in HxH, though to a lesser extent. I doubt Tompa would be able to pierce Kuroro's Ren/Ken with Silva's Benz knife, for example, and Ubogin's skin broke Daltzorne's torture knife, and no syringes could be sticked into him.

Bullets coated with poison wouldn't work. They can't enter the DBZ characters skin, unless it's some sort of poison that enters through the pores of the skin or something.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop trying to come up with ways a HxH character can beat a DBZ character. The rules just don't apply. Furthermore Krillins destructo disc could cut big ass mountains and shit. Plus at that point he could already destroy planets. So no point in applying logic there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

meryem could beat everyone in DBZ with the given time.
    And everyone else

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

:P there are other franchises that can go up against HxH.

Hanzo (pre nen) vs John Rambo (first blood)

Vs.

Vs.

keeping with the movie icon vs HxH Axel Foley (from Beverly Hills cop) vs Tonpa !
    Can Tonpa keep from getting a Banana stuck in his tailpiple? I think Axel could see through Tonpa's juice scheme

Vs.

Karasu (Yu Yu Hakusho) vs Genthru (Bomber)
    Karasu has remote bombs made of invisible demons. He can summon them at will from what I can tell, and he's a very powerful demon himself. I think Bomber could see his bombs using Gyo, so I think this match up could go either way but I give the element of surprise to Bomber and speed advantage to Karasu.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast