Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Vs Other franchises

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter Vs Other franchises

I didn't see a thread like this in the last few pages, so I figured I'd make one. Since I love in universe and crossover speculation. I'll start it off:

Vs

Gon and Killua (currently) vs Naruto and Sasuke (pre shippuden or current Naruto) I don't really know since I haven't read all of Shippuden but what do you guys think, how would this turn out? In an all out battle (would the outcome change depending on the circumstance?)

VS

Meryem (post powerup) vs anyone in Dragonball/Z universe. How far do you think the mighty Ant king would get power/skill wise? My guess is Mid Saiyan arc he gets curb stomped by either Goku (Kaioken x1) or Vegeta (not full power yet)

VS

Zeno and Silva vs Hiei and Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho (Early Chapter black Hiei and Young Genkai)

Vs

Uvogin and Feitan vs the Toguro Bros from Yu Yu Hakusho

Thoughts on any of these matchups?
    Feel free to come up with your own (from any movie/anime/etc), I personally love this kinda stuff. :P
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Vs Other franchises

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    I didn't see a thread like this in the last few pages, so I figured I'd make one. Since I love in universe and crossover speculation. I'll start it off:

Vs

Gon and Killua (currently) vs Naruto and Sasuke (pre shippuden or current Naruto) I don't really know since I haven't read all of Shippuden but what do you guys think, how would this turn out? In an all out battle (would the outcome change depending on the circumstance?)

Okay so this is both characters teaming up correct? If yes easily Gon and Killua. Gon wouldn't need to do anything as current Killua could take both of them by himself. If you did current Gon and Killua vs. current Naruto and Sasuke result would still be the same, Killua is just too beast.

VS

Meryem (post powerup) vs anyone in Dragonball/Z universe. How far do you think the mighty Ant king would get power/skill wise? My guess is Mid Saiyan arc he gets curb stomped by either Goku (Kaioken x1) or Vegeta (not full power yet)

Meryem could defeat everyone. Sorry DBZ, but your big explosions can't take down the King of the Ants. I think the only person on an even playing field would be final form of Buu and perhaps Goku (at strength of when he faces Buu). Meryem is just too indestructible and his ability allows nearly unlimited growth in strength. I don't think DBZ has a character that could take Meryem down easily, Buu and Goku have a chance, but probably couldn't finish the job.

VS

Zeno and Silva vs Hiei and Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho (Early Chapter black Hiei and Young Genkai)

Zeno and Silva, sorry Hiei, I love you man but Zeno and Silva outclass you, same goes for you Genkai.

Vs

Uvogin and Feitan vs the Toguro Bros from Yu Yu Hakusho

Toguro Brothers, one of them is invincible and the other could kill both Uvogin and Feitan with a punch.

Thoughts on any of these matchups?
    Feel free to come up with your own (from any movie/anime/etc), I personally love this kinda stuff. :P
    My answers are in red. If I can think of some match ups I'll let you know. Great thread by the way Americandream.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, what makes you think Toguro could take down Uvo? In terms of destructive punch power it seems relative. Toguro made a crator around the same size as Uvogin's Big Bang Impact. I would probably give it to the Toguro Bros too, but I don't think that it would be an easy match up.

As for Meryem vs Dragonball, hmm that's so hard to answer to me. I think of durability and destructive capabilities. Meryem was hurt by a bomb, the weakest character with an ability similar to the Rose would be Demon King Piccolo from the midway point of the manga. I think Meryem probably couldn't survive a planet being destroyed which certain Dragonball characters can (namely Freeza survived Namek's explosion). I would like to think Meryem is weaker then Freeza but MAYBE stronger then the two Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa when they attacked earth.

I think Genkai actually matches the level of Zeno in terms of Aura mastery: control, sense, power and manipulation. So it would come down to their abilities and whether or not Hiei could beat Silva. Which I think might come down to opinion since we don't that much about Silva's abilities. I want to say Hiei could win becoming the embodiment of the Black Dragon flame (where he harnesses its power inside his own)

How do you actually see the Sasuke and Naruto vs Gon+Killua going down? I think in terms of hand to hand Killua definitely has the overwhelming advantage. But again I'm not that familiar with the Shippuden part of the story so I'd like to know what a real Naruto fan has to say about this speculative match up.

okay here's a silly one:
    Popeye the sailor vs Phinx

Lupin the Third tries to steal the auction items instead of the Shadowbeasts, can he escape the Spiders? (not win in a fight, but win at stealing)
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 25, 2012 at 02:07 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon & Killua wreck Naruto & Sasuke pre-timeskip, current Naruto & Sasuke would likely destroy Gon & Killua.

Meryem would survive up to the Saiyan Arc, after that DBZ fighters start approaching ridiculous power levels.

Zeno & Silva win against early Hiei and Genkai. If its Hiei from the later arcs things get more complicated for the Zaoldyeck team.

Uvogin & Feitan vs the Toguro Bros is probably the most difficult match-up to determine a winner. I think Feitan's Pain Packer:Rising Sun's effect on the Toguro's would be the deciding factor. If it uneffective against them, the Toguros would win. However, if it is effective, especially against older brother, to some extent Uvogin & Feitan can take the win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing about hunter x hunter to me is that while the powers are most definetly more thought out and better than other series, they'd still probably loose if placed in acctual fights. I haven't seen naruto(and don't really plan to) so I'll be a biased son of a B and say gon and killua can kick their arses.

Meryum(as well as a few other characters) are acctually on a tier list on a shonen blog I know, He scored pretty high, but was about 16 or so spaces below freeza: http://shonenbeam.com/2012/04/24/tier-list-tuesday-9/

Anything that has hiei in it is bound to win. period.

Also for the last, I gotta go with the good ol' toguro brothers simply because they are most likely that much stronger.

As for my own match up (lets make it clear right now that hisoka rapes anything that lives... except Accelerator (to aru majutsu no index) Taking into account what he can do in the novels, I doubt even some DBZ characters can touch him)

I'd be curious about what a match up between uvogin and oga tatsumi (from beelzebub)would bring about. both are insanly battle crazy arses so it should lead up to something XD
    The only good opponent I can think of from one piece is whitebeard.

anybody vs. whitebeard. If yo ask me the only two people he couldn't beat is netero and meryum. and maybe some of the guard ants.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon and killua vs pre shippuden naruto and sasuke - i give this to gon and killua, they are alot more powerful than they were in their young days

Gon and killua vs current naruto and sasuke - this goes to naruto and sasuke, if you have read revent chapters of naruto you know why

Meryeum vs Dbz characters - hed last up until saiyan arc, this is when dbz characters can destroy planets and what not and meryeum aint going to survive that

Zeno and Silva vs Hiei and Genkai - hm i say zeno and his dad because they are master assassins and most likely the most skilled assassins in H x H universe

Uvogin and Feitan vs the Toguro Bros - uvogin and feitan because uvogon appears to be a fighter that can compete with the toguro bros pgysically and feitan has that sun attack (which i forget the name of haha)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Gon and killua vs pre shippuden naruto and sasuke - i give this to gon and killua, they are alot more powerful than they were in their young days

Gon and killua vs current naruto and sasuke - this goes to naruto and sasuke, if you have read revent chapters of naruto you know why

Meryeum vs Dbz characters - hed last up until saiyan arc, this is when dbz characters can destroy planets and what not and meryeum aint going to survive that

Zeno and Silva vs Hiei and Genkai - hm i say zeno and his dad because they are master assassins and most likely the most skilled assassins in H x H universe

Uvogin and Feitan vs the Toguro Bros - uvogin and feitan because uvogon appears to be a fighter that can compete with the toguro bros pgysically and feitan has that sun attack (which i forget the name of haha)

Killua has always been absurdly fast even BEFORE Godspeed.
    If even Yupi can do nothing against Killua during Godspeed
    then current Naruto and Sasuke got nothing on him.
    Unless you want to argue that Naruto and Sasuke could beat Yupi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think HxH characters are faster than Naruto characters. I mean, just look at the Palace Invasion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Killua is faster than most of the naruto characters but the new bijuu mode naruto is what I specifically referring to, and he's also incredibly fast. If naruto went to his full bijuu mode he recently went in idk how killua will deal with that

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

We all forgot that Meryem HAS the Saiyan ability to become stronger, right? I mean...If He follows the path of the arcs in the same way that Goku and Vegeta did and visited Namek eating in proper order there is no way there is a stop to him.
    Gourmet King is probably the most dangerous ability because it allows to go further and develop even more the techniques that He ate.

At some point, it's impossible to defeat him. Freeza is strong, yes, but He got defeated by someone who went gradually stronger. If Meryem has the same chance, things ends on his favor.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking mostly if you were to pit him at his strongest (assumed strongest) point in the canon of HxH, how stronge of a Dragonball opponent do you think he'd be able to defeat. And to me its somewhere late in the first or second arc of the Z era (freeza arc), but you are right, if he was IN the story since the Piccolo arc/Saiyan Saga he could easily rise amongst their ranks and get up to Freeza levels (or beyond) of powerful.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How far do you guys think Mega Gon will go in DBZ universe?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    How far do you guys think Mega Gon will go in DBZ universe?
    My guess would be the King Piccolo saga, or if he's strong enough the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament.
    Last edited by Netero; April 26, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonpa vs Mr Satan

Vs

Who wins?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is that to direct compare you need to equalize a bit the levels in order to make a fair analysis. If not, everything is beaten by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan in which the guy literally destroyed dimensions. You need to put an equal rule to all and the most fair one is to put characters into perspective of the series being compared with.

And Mr Satan wins. After all, He's a master of Martial Arts. He was just weak against the Z warriors, but He was actually a good fighter.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast