Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you change in the manga?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you change in the manga?

We know that no work is perfect.
    We know that Kishimoto, despite providing us with one of the greatest shounen in history, still makes "mistakes", or at least things that we really can't digest.

So, what would you change in this manga?
    Maybe what you believe wasn't developed enough, or a character treatement, or a character altogether; a fight, flashbacks, everything that you believe was to be changed

Personally:
    - I would've changed the way the Senju are handled ( too much focus on Uchihas, too many unknown, maybe some other member of the clan and surely a lot more of history for the clan )
    -I wouldn't give that much importance to eyeballs, or if that was utterly necessary bring the Byakugan to light, after all the hype it received during Part 1
    -Focused more on villains like Orochimaru and Danzou, not killing them off in the lame way they ended. Same with Akatsuki, made them survive longer, or add new recruits.
    Possible that there weren't any strong missing nin in the world anymore?
    -An early introduction of the Sage of the Six Paths, and thus an "ultimate ability".
    Creating even more hype for the boss of Akatsuki and the Rin'negan
    -The continuing of Sakura's development, or the annihilation of the character. Early part 2 Sakura was enjoyable, afterwards she sunk even lower than part 1
    -More good characters killed off, Asuma, Jiraiya and Itachi really left a big impression when they died
    -Nagato not being one-shotted by the Bible a book
    -Major development in Naruto, not making him a messiah overnight but showing him way more bitter at the village in the beginning, then slowly coming to love the village and its people. It would've made the Yami Naruto confrontation way more believable.
    Same with Sasuke's insanity, not making him change his mind worse than a girl with PMS

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change in the manga?

Actually,the greatest disappointment I felt by reading this manga is the following: in the 1st arc of the second series,that is gaara's rescue, there were a lot of details concerning both Sasori and Chiyo. I think it's a shame that we didn't see them. I'm talking about Sasori's conquest onwards a nation thank's to his secret red technique,and chiyo's conquest of a castle through using the secret white technique. that and how he could defeat the 3rd kazekage,whose abilities were excellent to fight a puppeteer!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, along with keeping Sakura relevant, and making Hinata more than a one dimensional character, I'd make everything Far less plot induced. I'd either let shit run it's course, or come up with far more plausible way for character's to be captured, defeated, or show resolve.

Example for showing resolve: It made zero sense that Ino was more mentally prepared than Choji or Shikamaru in their "fight" with Asuma. I say that because that whole thing was undercut by the fact that she was balling over Sasuke. I don't give a fuck what Kishimoto was trying to accomplish with that, It came off like complete bullshit. If he wanted to show someone other than Sasuke's teammates giving a shit about him, He could of made Sasuke a more likable character in regard to the other rookies. So to fix that I would have Sasuke connect with other characters besides his teammates. Even if it would have taken longer, it would have the end result of making the whole "cycle of revenge" thing Naruto was spouting to Ei make sense.

Example of letting shit run it's course: Danzo wouldn't have gotten caught so blatantly for plot reasons. He'd be the leader of the shinobi alliance, and current hokage. Honestly, If with every time we see danzo it in some way undercuts Hiruzen's authority, why is he dead in the first place? It could be argued that his death was necessary for Sasuke to become the insane basterd that he is. However, with Sasuke's current situation it's unclear if that will remain to be true. Also, Naruto would have hit Kakazu the first time.

Also, Fuck Edo-tensei. Fuck it so so much. Seriously. I honestly wouldn't make this war so damn black and white. Who gives a fuck if it takes more time? If you're telling a story it shouldn't matter. Look at Miura(sp) he's been telling berserks story sense I was an infant. Granted, he take breaks out the ass, but still. If it is necessary to keep edo-tensei, then the zombies would fuck up some serious shit.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I'd do is have it so that only Suigetsu was recruited to Taka and develop his character more, in fact I'd probably have introduced him mush sooner so that he could serve as a convincing number 2 to Sasuke as well as having Sai as Naruto's number 2.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the situation of Sakura; she was the third member of the trio, but somehow became completely irrelevant in the second part of the manga. I would've liked to see Sakura dead, or making serious advancements in combat ability. She's a student of one of the legendary Sannin as well, and a kunoichi of high intelligence, why isn't she more of a beast? The Senju Clan could be more fleshed out, while the Uchiha Clan could've been somewhat less significant in the story. The manga is Naruto, not Naruto & Sasuke. Consistent portrayals of individual's abilities was also an issue for me. Hashirama, along with Tobirama, were defeated by Sarutobi in a relatively tame battle, but later in the series Hashirama is portrayed as nothing short of a god. Edo-Tensei is also rather annoying. It is just ridiculous as a technique. Honestly, Orochimaru should've been able to absolutely wreck Konoha with Edo-Tensei. More on the jinchuuriki would also have been a great addition to the manga. We know so little about most of the jinchuuriki, despite the fact that the entire war, the formation of Akatsuki, has essentially been about them. More on the Hyuuga would also have been nice. The Byakugan was, early in the manga, portrayed as rivaling the Sharingan in ability. Now it doesn't appear to be even anywhere close. More info on Kakashi's team would also have been nice. Well, at least more info on Rin would've been nice.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The title

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Either make Sasuke a girl or give his friendship with Naruto a bit more of a brotherly bond. It's kinda creepy at times how it is.

2. Make Sakura a more emotionally stronger character. That's why the fan-base hates her, she's weak minded at times.

3. give Hinata some kind of character development outside of saying "Naruto-kun" yes we understand she loves naruto but what else drives her as a person? Hinata is a very very co-dependent love interest.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i would give 3. hokage more screen time ,at least in flashbacks so that he wouldnt fail in comparison to the recently introduced over-powered characters
    i would keep konoha 11 in the main plot at all times ,even if the main focus switches to naruto and sasuke ,they would still have a great role in the events
    i would add more female characters ,strong ones both good and evil

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd improve on a lot of things:

-Kiba and Akamaru would be much more awesome and there would be a Giga Drill Gatsuga, which would be the most badass finisher in the whole series.

-Tsunade would be the strongest Kage ever and and she would have Raikage's Head on her office table as a paperweight.

-Samehada wouldn't have betrayed Kisame and he would have captured Killer Bee while trashing Gai on his way to get there.

-Kabuto would have joined the good guys after his first beating and he would replace Sai.

-Instead of Sasuke getting fake-killed by Haku, the latter would have killed Sakura and that would have been Naruto's first Kyuubi trigger.

-Hinata would take Sakura's role and she'd get a lot of screen time and she would always be awesome.

-Kimimaro wouldn't have died by plot no jutsu and instead he would replace Juugo.

-Nidaime Mizukage would be the current Mizukage.

-Danzou would have been a major antagonist instead of power-up fodder for Sasuke.

-I'd draw Suigetsu without that stupid tooth sticking out of his mouth.

-Karin and Suigetsu would be a lot more awesome.

-Orochimaru wouldn't have died and instead he would be the main recurring antagonist throughout the whole story.

-At some point of the story I would have inserted Giant Robots which can shoot their fists.

-I'd also draw a few chicks with big booties instead of only some with big knockers... most probably from Kumogakure.

-Chouji would have disposed of Tonton by now... preferably during a Barbecue feast.

-Hyugas would be a lot more important.

-Sasuke would be a woman and Tenten would be a guy.

-There would be no Glow Worm mode for Naruto and instead Kyuubi control would have upgraded his Sage Mode.

-Thats all I can think of for now...
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 25, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rather Sasuke hadn't killed Orochimaru. I would rather that Sasuke had escaped, whilst Orochimaru was sick, to go after Itachi - or anything else that would leave an enraged (he has just lost his precious replacement body) Orochimaru that has to change his plans. As Orochimaru was an interesting main villain.
    In fact, I would have rather had anything other than Tobi (the mysterious mystery...) as the main villain. The story took a huge hit following Orochimaru's, and then even more noticeably with Itachi's death, where Tobi gained more and more screen time.
    Had Orochimaru not been killed, the story wouldn't have gone into the Uchiha Senju nonsense, where EVERYTHING (almost) is tied to that dispute - a dispute that has been going on since the SOT6P's sons, creator of the biju, moons eye plan... rubbish
    The story was much better when it wasn't so 'epic'
    That said, I do quite like the idea of Akatsuki, but they could have been handled differently. And with Orochimaru as still the main villain, they could have been tracking him down for leaving them - thus becoming a much more interesting scenario with:
    Orochimaru trying to track down Sasuke whilst remaining hidden from Akatsuki's sight. However as Sasuke is seeking Akatsuki, Orochimaru has to stay close enough to them to get word of his precious Uchiha...
    Also, and many will probably not agree with me here, I think that there shouldn't be such a thing as genjutsu. Although it cripples my favorite character (the 2nd mizukage), and weakens (though not by much) another one - Itachi. Discussing battles would be much more interesting, and so would fights be, as the only counter to a genjutsu is (really) genjutsu (or magic eyes). Whereas to counter ninjutsu or taijutsu many different approaches can be used.
    Finally, although they make nice panels, I would like for there to be 100x fewer epic moves. Having almost all the currently notable ninja being able to blow up a mile radius instantly is getting somewhat dull.
    Last edited by zimbardo; April 25, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Infinite RAGE!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Make it so Sasuke can't use Susano'o. Maybe Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi, but not Susano'o. It was much better as only Itachi's jutsu and possibly Madara's.

Give Naruto less power. The magic doesn't come from how strong he is, but how he endures regardless of the odds.

Make Sakura continue her early Part II behavior so she's actually useful.

Stop having Kakashi's kills stolen. <_<

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    The title
    Change it to what? UCHIHA? or SASUKE? or maybe the best of all is change this title to ITACHI?

1. Kishi should never defined minato as the strongest hokage and has the power to kill his enemies in an instant.
    2. Kishi should put minato on genjutsu when he fought tobi so that all his haters knows that he can't do a thing to the genjutsu.
    3. Itachi should cast his super duper genjutsu or finger crap genjutsu to jiraiya and not some useless bitch just to lure jiraiya away from naruto.
    4. Kishi should show it to us why itachi use his tsukuyomi on kakashi and yet he never used any genjutsu on jiraiya.
    5. kishi should make a scene/chapter where itachi and kisame have the conversation about the lying part of their statement about jiraiya.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Change it to what? UCHIHA? or SASUKE? or maybe the best of all is change this title to ITACHI?

1. Kishi should never defined minato as the strongest hokage and has the power to kill his enemies in an instant.
    2. Kishi should put minato on genjutsu when he fought tobi so that all his haters knows that he can't do a thing to the genjutsu.
    3. Itachi should cast his super duper genjutsu or finger crap genjutsu to jiraiya and not some useless bitch just to lure jiraiya away from naruto.
    4. Kishi should show it to us why itachi use his tsukuyomi on kakashi and yet he never used any genjutsu on jiraiya.
    5. kishi should make a scene/chapter where itachi and kisame have the conversation about the lying part of their statement about jiraiya.
    1. power to kill enemies in an instant? minato was terribly gifted, excellent at chakra manipulation and control, he was the best. the third knew the most ninjutsu but minato seems to be the most effective at applying his knowledge
    2. if minato is that good at chakra control and manipulation, he should be good at genjutsu as well, nto to mention dispelling which even naruto can do (this applies to anything short of tsukiyomi)
    3. jiraiya is capable of dispelling. he has the experience. he did teach naruto dispelling (this applies to anything short of tsukiyomi)
    4. ahh this is a good point. why not tsukiyomi jiraiya. he didn't really want to kill jiraiya? he didn't really want to get naruto for akatsuki? lots of discussion possibilities here. it does get explained significantly when it was revealed itachi was looking out for konoha and never really part of akatsuki. he was just there to monitor tobi
    5. ?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    -Sasuke would be a woman and Tenten would be a guy.
    Japanese folks loves tsundere-like characters even more than the whole Hinata-like characters.
    A female Sasuke would've resolved a major flaw in this manga, the inesistence of a female protagonist. Though even imagining Sasuke as a woman... Urgh.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Stop having Kakashi's kills stolen. <_<
    Never fear, this is Kakashi's year!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    -I'd also draw a few chicks with big booties instead of only some with big knockers... most probably from Kumogakure.
    There's Karui from Kumogakure.

Jiraiya: His hair are the best

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast