Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you change in the manga?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change in the manga?

^I think thats mostly due to her puffy Kumogakure clothing, if you peel her out of it there wouldn't be much left.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    Change it to what? UCHIHA? or SASUKE? or maybe the best of all is change this title to ITACHI?

1. Kishi should never defined minato as the strongest hokage and has the power to kill his enemies in an instant.
    2. Kishi should put minato on genjutsu when he fought tobi so that all his haters knows that he can't do a thing to the genjutsu.
    3. Itachi should cast his super duper genjutsu or finger crap genjutsu to jiraiya and not some useless bitch just to lure jiraiya away from naruto.
    4. Kishi should show it to us why itachi use his tsukuyomi on kakashi and yet he never used any genjutsu on jiraiya.
    5. kishi should make a scene/chapter where itachi and kisame have the conversation about the lying part of their statement about jiraiya.
    wow... someones bitter

Let me filter it out a bit so that we can see what you realy meant to say:

1. Kishi should have backed up Minato's Hype by actual on-panel feats so that I can use them in Konohagakure Arena.
    2. Kishi should have shown Minato being put under Genjutsu when he fought against Tobi, and let him break out of it with ease.
    3. Itachi should have cast some Genjutsu on Jiraiya and let him break out of it, instead of Jiraiya telling us he's no good at Genjutsu .
    4. Kishi should have given Jiraiya some Genjutsu Defense above the level of Kakashi's Sharingan.
    5. Kishi shouldn't have given Kisame and Itachi so many powerful feats, so that I can use Chapter 144 Page 9 to stfu the whole Konohagakure Arena.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

there are many things what i would change

-this running/jumping in forest scenes they are always too long and boring (kazekage rescue arc example)
    -stop making sharingan more overpowered then it is already (it was ok till the end of the normal naruto story in shippuuden they have gone crazy)
    -naruto and sasuke too overpowered the rest are compared to them worms
    -naruto and kyuubi friends bigest fail why they didnt friend up years ago then he could take sasuke back easy
    -naruto shouldnt always help everyone thats lame
    -Kiba needs new moves

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, there are a lot of things I would change.
    • Pain/Nagato/Yahiko:
      When "Yahiko" was first introduced, I was sure that he is a near family member of Naruto (cousin, uncle, whatever), because he looked just like Naruto I thought. I would have liked a plot like this much more. No Nagato, no Six paths of Pain.
      Of course I would let him stay alive much longer in the manga as the Akatsuki Leader.
    • Bijuus:
      Oh yes, how much I hate it that they turned out to be lovely pokemons. They are good, they are the victims, all ninjas are bad... seriously... screw it!
    • Current War + Danzou:
      Most people agree with this. Danzou had so much potential as a Hokage. A war between villages would be much more fun. Spying, stealth, conspiracy, who is your friend, who is your foe, who can you trust, how can you oust Danzou from his position and so on!
    • Naruto, Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Kakashi:
      He is the son of the 4th Hokage, who sacrificed his life against Kyuubi and he is the son of the previous Jinchuuriki, who did Konoha a great service in becoming the Jinchuuriki, because of her special chakra. Hiruzen (Hokage), Jiraiya (Sensei of Minato, Godfather of Naruto) and Kakashi (he truly admired Minato, was his student and he also had not an easy life) knew about that and they did nothing for him. I don't buy protective reasons or anything else. In my opinion one of them had to take Naruto under his wings way before he became Genin.
      Narutos childhood doesn't make sense in my view, when Kishi made him the child of nobles/heros and important characters knowing about it. Either you really make him a nobody or you somehow write it in a way, that Hiruzen, Kakashi and Jiraiya never knew that he is the child of Minato and Kushina. Kishis way was just the worst.
    • Madara:
      Edo-Tensei, Hashiramas power, Rinnegan... that's Uchiha Madara today. I was expecting a real EMS warlord with a strong character. Now he is like a kid who is clearly cheating in a game against you and still laughs at you, because you are so bad and have no skill, lolz. I would never give him an immortal body, Hashiramas power and the Rinnegan. EMS Madara all the way!
    Last edited by syx; April 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Though even imagining Sasuke as a woman... Urgh.
    Thats just because a 1:1 conversation in terms of appearance wouldn't work for obvious reasons

Instead imagine a completely different design, maybe something like this:
    Spoiler show

But appearance is already pretty much the only thing which would require some major adjustments... anything else about Sasuke's whole character isn't gender specific. His loner personality and his behaviour would fit a woman who suffered the same past as him just as well. His fighting style, which consists of agile movements, combat insight and ninjutsu mastery would also work flawlessly for a female character.

So yeah... I'd definitely prefer a female Uchiha to fulfil Sasuke's role... then that whole crap about sexism never would have even started.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

*The "power levels", or whatever you want to call it, start to annoy me recently. It's just so over the top these days, with a few guys shitting out meteors and some chakra controlled hands, while others look like complete waste of space....I'd take a good sword and kunai action any day, with a mix of a SMART, but not overhelming use of ninjutsu and/or genjutsu, than this garbage we have now. You know, something which actually looks like it takes skill?...

*The entire war looks like a massive joke. Literally. All I see right now is "good guys" having a field day, having some kind of a practice. Don't tell me about the fodder, fodder is made for that one specific reason, as nobody gives a shit about them.

*Edo Tensei's a massive fuckin fail. Need I even explain this?

*Madara should have NEVER been summoned back, especially by Edo Tensei. The guy should've stayed a legend who passed away a long time, which would've made it far more interesting of a character development with Tobi around. Now, what we've got, is a guy who can do whatever he wants and shows all of the tricks in such a rushed and unimpressive way...We already had this with Naruto, wasn't it enough of a torture? Add on absolutely zero character development on top as well, oh the joys. Now as far as the summon goes...I always imagined Madara as being exceptionally skilled with weaponry, jutsus and occular powers (aka EMS, not the bloody Rinnegan which I honestly had enough of during the Pain arc), now what we have is just a pile of mess, really...Pile of mess...Describes Naruto as a story pretty well so far.

*Dem female characters. What we have here ATM are cardboard cutouts for most of the part. Have them do something else rather than being nothing short but useless and annoying.

*Less talking, more fighting.

*Akatsuki still should've been there, but with only a few members remaining.

also, jiraya proving once for all that his hair ARE the best.
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; April 26, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH I would not change a thing ^_^.
    This manga is pretty awesome as it is so I'm cool with it.
    Though sometimes a little inconsistent, It's easily overshadowed/overlooked by It's success.

Though this has nothing to do with changing the manga but I would very much like, if the pages were a little longer or maybe sometimes we get a special treat (Oh man, How much I miss my childhood) of getting two chapters in a week.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Thats just because a 1:1 conversation in terms of appearance wouldn't work for obvious reasons

Instead imagine a completely different design, maybe something like this:
    Spoiler show

But appearance is already pretty much the only thing which would require some major adjustments... anything else about Sasuke's whole character isn't gender specific. His loner personality and his behaviour would fit a woman who suffered the same past as him just as well. His fighting style, which consists of agile movements, combat insight and ninjutsu mastery would also work flawlessly for a female character.

So yeah... I'd definitely prefer a female Uchiha to fulfil Sasuke's role... then that whole crap about sexism never would have even started.
    While it would be way better, since it would surely justify Naruto's obsession, it would require balls of steel, expecially in a male-oriented society like the japanese one.
    Take Bleach, where the two mains have roughly the same popularity ( hell, Rukia passed Ichigo with, like, 20 votes out of 6000 ).
    Is Rukia an equal to Ichigo? No. It is only a good written, fantastically drawn female character. Would Kishi risk to make a female character that not only is on par, but is even superior to the main protagonist?
    Surely in America and Europe it would be well received since our society is now equally oriented, but the main source of income for manga always was and probably will always be Japan.
    Story-wise it would be way better, but maybe Naruto would not had reached the magnitude of popularity it has now, and probably would be thrown aside from the publisher.
    Hell in every single shounen the female characters do not compare to the male ones, and I believe there is a reason for that, unfortunatelly.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have also written more about those infos we received from the databooks,such as kakuzu vs hashirama,deidara's past ecc. but I still hope we will see something about that.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell in every single shounen the female characters do not compare to the male ones, and I believe there is a reason for that, unfortunatelly.
    You should check out Fairy Tail then... Erza Scarlet totally dominates the two male protagonists. And even Lucy seems to have hidden potential to surpass any other mage

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You should check out Fairy Tail then... Erza Scarlet totally dominates the two male protagonists. And even Lucy seems to have hidden potential to surpass any other mage
    Somehow I always forgot about Fairy Tail, despite enjoying the author wayyyy too much ( since Rave Master that is ).
    True. An Erza kind of sensei would be more than awesome.
    Or a Mirajane-like character. Hell in recent chaps that Mermaid Lady was uber awesome. Yes, Kishi should learn a thing or two.
    A femme-fatale kind of character as an Akatsuki. How awesome it would've been?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A femme-fatale kind of character as an Akatsuki. How awesome it would've been?
    The most painful part is thinking about how simple this would have been to achieve...

All of Deidara's Clay Constructs could have just as well been Paper Constructs... so Deidara's role could have easily been fulfilled by no other then Konan

Its a pity... she has one of the most awesome female character designs in the whole story and Kishi made hardly any use of her.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Never fear, this is Kakashi's year!
    I hope so. Dude's horribly underrated. Then Kishi adds salt with lemon by introducing Third Raikage's hand finisher.

I'd also make Itachi Sasuke's final opponent and Nagato Naruto's. None of that turnin good shit from Nagato, or making him dumb or whatnot. Keep him as dangerous as he was against Jiraiya. Itachi's pretty strong, but Sasuke could overcome him. No idea how, but he would. This would happen without being of DBZ proportion.

I'd also keep Itachi dead. There are three people that should stay dead: Jiraiya, Minato, and Itachi. They were epic, bringing them back could fuck 'em up. Though, out of those three, , I think Jiraiya had the best death.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The most painful part is thinking about how simple this would have been to achieve...

All of Deidara's Clay Constructs could have just as well been Paper Constructs... so Deidara's role could have easily been fulfilled by no other then Konan

Its a pity... she has one of the most awesome female character designs in the whole story and Kishi made hardly any use of her.
    Too true.
    It would've been better if Deidara was a woman now that I think about it, out of all of the Akatsukis he is the only one that isn't really that much of a freak, and a girl wanting to blast everything is kinda hot.
    Not to add the mouths. But then the jokes would be way too many

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I hope so. Dude's horribly underrated. Then Kishi adds salt with lemon by introducing Third Raikage's hand finisher.
    Yes, poor Kakashi, even his "rampage" was off-paneled.
    Well I saw Niidaime Mizukage instead, so that can pass.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have focused more on this zombies' past,otherwise what's the meaning in making them return? for example,hanzo was treated in an awesome way,2 different flashbacks,one for his past,one for his death. contrariwise,the other zombies disappointed a bit...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me filter it out a bit so that we can see what you realy meant to say:

1. Kishi should have backed up Minato's Hype by actual on-panel feats so that I can use them in Konohagakure Arena.
    2. Kishi should have shown Minato being put under Genjutsu when he fought against Tobi, and let him break out of it with ease.
    3. Itachi should have cast some Genjutsu on Jiraiya and let him break out of it, instead of Jiraiya telling us he's no good at Genjutsu .
    4. Kishi should have given Jiraiya some Genjutsu Defense above the level of Kakashi's Sharingan.
    5. Kishi shouldn't have given Kisame and Itachi so many powerful feats, so that I can use Chapter 144 Page 9 to stfu the whole Konohagakure Arena.
    Kishi should have simply made up his damn mind with all these characters and how powerful they actually are in certain situations and not put characters in situations where they need ass-pulls to win fights. Minato will never be more powerful than some ninja and rightfully so. This manga does a good job of If A>B and B>C that doesn't mean A>C.

Minato has weaknesses (although very few). Lack of true stopping power compared to other "Top Tier" ninja, and no uber genjutsu defense like a Sharigan or a Biju.

As for what I would change, just this concept. I wish Kishi would have toned down the DBZ like power levels, and would have made a conscious effort to make the second half of the manga (Shippuuden) more mature and less childish. His characters grew up, but the tone of the manga and how it should have developed didn't so much.

Unlike other mangas, thanks to his great Part 1 writing (which all but disappeared in most of part 2) Kishi set the ground to make people really think about real world issues that translated to his manga, and yet he chose not to. Not to mention, he's afraid to kill any of his characters which I hate. He should watch Game of Thrones and read A Song of Ice and Fire so he could realize that it is ok to kill off main characters so long as you can keep writing in good characters (and he has plenty of characters) to hold your piece of fiction above water.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast