Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What would you change in the manga?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change in the manga?

Sakura Haruno - (excuse me I just rewatched the episode of Yu Yu Hakusho with Raizen and the Pharmacist...)
    1. Sakura should have started using poison techs more frequently after the Sasori fight... maybe even take some of his weapons and experiment...
    2. Chiyo should have died mid-fight... Sakura should have defeated Sasori by absorbing his poison, using her chakra to fuse it with her blood and then curb stomped him...
    3. Had Sakura surpass Tsunade by bringing the hopeless case of Gaara back to life by tethering his life force to his body or some other crap
    4. Sakura would have also been intergrated with Ten-Ten post Sasori fight, and been effected with her sheer amount of poison weapons
    5. Created her own version of the Kabuto chakra scalpel technique... to the point where she could lobotomize an enemy mid battle with a swipe...
    6. She would have some Genjutsu feats, maybe even some private training with Kurenai
    7. She'd actually do better with traps like using rock smash as a feint to actually plant paper tags throughout a battle field
    8. She'd have fought Konan during the invasion
    9. She'd have her own slug summon, one she can ride like a surfboard
    10. She'd have Mitosis Regen.

Tsunade
    1. She'd have doton
    2. She'd have a projectile version of that raiton technique that mixes nerve endings
    3. She'd have a special "Steroid Enhancement Mode" That increases her attributes 10 fold for 3 minutes (rumble ball??)
    4. A body sterilization technique, it would rid the body of impurities based on DNA structure. Enhanced people like Kabuto, Danzo, and every Edo Tensei(made from dirt and small fractions of DNA) would not stand a chance in hell.
    5. A technique that requires her to summon katsyuu in mid-air and then rain down acid on her enemies

Naruto
    1. Sage Mode from the beginning part II, with Golden Needle Jizu and Frog Katas and Swamp of the underworld
    2. He and Sasuke would have been close to even on their first rematch with Naruto having the upperhand
    3. He'd have a mission where he'd impersonate an entire village with Taju Kage Buushin and Transformation Techniques
    4. He'd have a few B and C rank Fuuton techs already
    5. He'd learn Rasenshuriken perfected at the end of the Retrieve Gaara Arc
    6. He'd learn Suiton during the Hidan and Kakazu arc
    7. He'd learn Kyuubi control prior to the Pein Invasion
    8. He'd take Hinata out on a date right after the battle with Pein
    9. He'd have made it in time to help his village, because Sakura, Sai and Kakashi would have more feats, Asuma wouldn't have died either, and Team Gai would have been there as well.
    10. Pein would tell Naruto about the Uzumaki clan, and the arc after the Pein invasion would revolve around this whilst Danzo built up his power and assassinated Tsunade through his top two agents
    11. Naruto would be absent during the subsequent civil war arc trying to find out about his clan and what happened to them.
    12. Naruto would never had been forced to swallow Koto Amatsuki, and would have trailed Itachi with Sage Mode after crossing him in the forest and then forced himself to stay on the sideline as he watched their fight. And he would have prevented Zetsu and Tobi from taking him and effectively postponed Sasuke's insanity.
    13. Sasuke would help Naruto to control the Kyuubi, effectively turning the time he entered Naruto's mind a chekov's gun...

Sasuke (at this point I might as well start writing a fanfic...)
    1. Sasuke would be the same as he was at the start of Part II, except because of Naruto's and Sakura's upgrade their reunion fight would have been much more of a survival test for him instead of a worf effect for them. We'd get a true feel for all three of their growth's and Sai and Yamato's usefulness in a battle.
    2. Sasuke would still have challenged a weakened Orochimaru, but Kabuto would have interfered and Sasuke would just use this moment to escape.
    3. Hebi would have already been formed in advanced, with very small flashbacks to the timeskip to see how they came to be. And instead of a search for nakama arc akin to One Piece, we'd have an entirely different mission that would show off their individual skills nicely. Maybe a realistic Hebi vs. Deidara fight.
    4. Deidara wouldn't have commited suicide. Before he could even try someone from the Rock Village would show up and stop him (Earlybird Kurotsuchi appearance)
    5. Sasuke and Hebi would head to the Rock Village to get info on Itachi because that's where they would find Deidara, and they would find that Deidara has been chosen as the Tsuchikage and that trying to fight him would call for a village retaliation.
    6. Deidara would give them a small bit of info to mock them. not that it would matter because Itachi and Kisame would meet Hebi outside the Rock Village after that and they would travel together to the battlefield.
    7. Naruto would try to assist Sasuke with the Itachi fight, but one cold look from Sasuke and Naruto will understand he needs to sit it out on the sidelines. Meanwhile Hebi with it's capabilities already fleshed out would fight Kisame together. Jugo and Suigetsu would be the two main attackers and Karin would back them up and they would force Kisame to retreat after Itachi had been confirmed dead.
    8. Naruto would offer all of Hebi to come to the village as Orochimaru is still alive and after them. Sasuke feeling as though his quest for revenge is over agrees to come with.
    9. Sasuke helps Naruto to befriend the Kyuubi using himself as an example of Hatred that Naruto had helped to change. (Corny, I know)
    10. Sasuke would help fight Pein during the invasion, and Pein would reveal some of Itachi's past. and then Sasuke would start sliding back toward the slippery slope. But even so, thanks to the change in the roster during the invasion, Pein fails to kill a single person, thus no need for a deus ex machina...
    11. Danzo would call for Hebi to be assassinated during a civil war arc, which only Jugo ends up killed thanks to a platoon Sai lead... Sasuke tells Suigetsu to return to the mist. And goes to find Karin who left with Naruto on his quest to look for the Uzumaki.
    12. On his way to find Naruto he would run into Tobi. And Tobi succesfully recruits him. Gives the proper history. And Sasuke now has CS2 along with MS... and then Tobi says, he can make those eyes of his even better...

THE NINJA WAR
    1. The big players would have been:A Deidara led Rock village, and a Kisame (killed Mei) run Mist village, Akatsuki vs. Danzo's Konoha, Orochimaru's Prisoners, Expierments, Slaves, and advanced handpicked Ninja and The Samurai(Danzo controlled the leader with no intervention) vs. A Kakashi led Konoha Resistance, The Sand Village, and The Cloud village...
    2. Edo Tensei's would still come into play as would Zetsu, but they'd be intergrated into living forces.
    3. Naruto would be his own power, at this point he'd have the abilities of Minato, The Uzumaki, Sage Mode, and Full Kyuubi co-op... He'd be the wild card...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Thats just because a 1:1 conversation in terms of appearance wouldn't work for obvious reasons

Instead imagine a completely different design, maybe something like this:
    Spoiler show

But appearance is already pretty much the only thing which would require some major adjustments... anything else about Sasuke's whole character isn't gender specific. His loner personality and his behaviour would fit a woman who suffered the same past as him just as well. His fighting style, which consists of agile movements, combat insight and ninjutsu mastery would also work flawlessly for a female character.

So yeah... I'd definitely prefer a female Uchiha to fulfil Sasuke's role... then that whole crap about sexism never would have even started.
    My Goodness!! This is the GREATEST IDEA EVER. Sasuke being a girl would solve this Sasuke and Hinata love triangle issues. It would solve the issue of "Sakura being useless" (She's not). It would fasten her development and she might have been close to Tsunade's level by now or possibly surpass Tsunade.

Sasuke being a girl would solve the mindset of people think Kishi is a sexist (He's not).

I can't emphasise enough how great you're idea is. ^_^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    My Goodness!! This is the GREATEST IDEA EVER. Sasuke being a girl would solve this Sasuke and Hinata love triangle issues. It would solve the issue of "Sakura being useless" (She's not). It would fasten her development and she might have been close to Tsunade's level by now or possibly surpass Tsunade.

Sasuke being a girl would solve the mindset of people think Kishi is a sexist (He's not).

I can't emphasise enough how great you're idea is. ^_^
    So the whole point about all the 'Sasuke hate' is because he happens to be a guy?

Stark contrast from all the outrage from the 'Kishi being sexist' thread.
    Last edited by Ryr; May 05, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Depravity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of all the things that did not sit well with me in Naruto, the entire spectacle with Naruto and Nagato at the end of the arc was by far the most ridiculous and fatuous. A man who has endured, experienced, and lived through pain all of his life suddenly decides to do a complete 180 with his ideology, and revive all of Konoha in the process. All because of what some 16 year-old boy said? That was nothing more than complete bull.

What would have been more appropriate to do in a scenario like that, at least from a literary perspective, would be to have everyone in Konoha who died to stay dead with Naruto having to overcome the pain of losing his brethren, and rising to be Konoha's "hero". It would have undoubtedly matured him, but, I doubt Kishimoto could pull that off with the writing prowess he's demonstrated. I would attempt to incorporate that into the story, aside from what actually happened of course.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The power ups for Naruto are simply ridiculous

The MS abilities are all too powerful

I wish Sasuke wouldn't rely on his eye power so much the old Sasuke was much better

I wish Oro was still the main villain he was so cool

I wish Kabuto wasn't so lame as a villain

I wish Sakura wasn't so damn useless and irrelevant in the story I honestly hate her character now

I wish that Hinata and Naruto were a couple by now

That Edo Tensei never existed

More focus on the Senju clan, less on the Uchiha

More info on other villages

That the war was more realistic and lots more bloodshed
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish they stayed ninjas instead of turning the entire story into a huge mage war

it's chakra + damage vs chakra + damage now

where's the ninja aspect?

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

More cowbell.

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have liked to see what that technique of Sasori was. I'm talkin about the one who could turn someone into a "faithful subordinate",and which affected both yura and kabuto. what happened to yura after the sand meeting really surprised me,it looked like he regained the memory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    The power ups for Naruto are simply ridiculous

The MS abilities are all too powerful

I wish Sasuke wouldn't rely on his eye power so much the old Sasuke was much better

I wish Oro was still the main villain he was so cool

I wish Kabuto wasn't so lame as a villain

I wish Sakura wasn't so damn useless and irrelevant in the story I honestly hate her character now

I wish that Hinata and Naruto were a couple by now

That Edo Tensei never existed

More focus on the Senju clan, less on the Uchiha

More info on other villages

That the war was more realistic and lots more bloodshed
    See, if people can simply state what they want in a constructive manner, instead of calling the author names or throwing insults towards characters in the manga, I wouldn't even need to intervene.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There's too much victimization and not enough fight. Characters remain haunted by demons from their past their entire lives, with these scnes effectively written in pointless flashback scenes sopping wet with the tears of melodrama.

Seemingly, there are no consequences to making poor decisions.

This show has stopped being about ninjas. I miss the acrobatics.

The characters NEVER work in the night.

The speed at which Naruto has "leveled up" is ridiculous; especially since he accomplished so little during the time he spent training.

Naruto is no longer a hero--he is a walking victim. Always crying about his loneliness and how it affected him. Hyperventilating at the thought of killing someone he was "friends" with (arguable) for less than a year. Barf. He is so self-absorbed and unassertive. Naruto never takes major risks anymore. Seemingly, Kishimoto believes that the character deserves to have his emotional state healed through magic instead of self-development. I mean really--meeting both his mother and father postmortem? Is this Harry Potter?

The conclusion of the Pain arc was so ridiculous that I lost an immense amount of respect for the material.

If I were writing the story, Pain would have destroyed the Village Hidden in the Leaves and left.

Naruto would have discovered too late. Some of his friends are casualties in the process. Now he truly has a grudge.

He storms the Village Hidden in the Rain alone and dominates (possibly with Sakura alongside, for medical purposes and to take care of Konan).

Instead of changing the villain's ideology through his words, Naruto is forced to accept Pain's ideology of the world.

This arc could have been Naruto's crowning moment when he truly realizes the nature of the world--the transience of life, the inevitability of death, and the uncompromising will of a villain that zealously devotes himself to his own dogma.

Instead, Kishimoto chooses to go the "magic" route. Nagato becomes a peon: " Your entire village was destroyed and some of your friends died? Oh, no problem! Have some magical revive-everyone-i-just-killed-or-whom-died-as-a-direct-or-indirect-consequence-of-my-own-actions-and-will!"

Ugh. How abhorrent. The rest of the series followed suit, as readers realized that Kishimoto had been making everything up as he went along.

Despite Sai initially being built up as a potential spy, he stops caring about his mission and never takes action.

The Foundation's ambition in the shadows is cut short because Kishimoto wants Sasuke to get his revenge on Danzo early. Delving into the shade of the ANBU Black Ops is cemented as a missed opportunity.

All the side characters we came to love in the first half of the series? Sidelined permanently without seeing a bit of action. Damned into the Hell of backstages.

Oh, and they never travel anymore. Most of the action occurs within the Fire Country. And remember how Naruto was a series about ninjas whom did missions for a living? That's gone too.

Don't even get me started on Kishimoto's portrayal of women.

All in all, Naruto became very...safe. It's as raw as a tray full of cookies. Most anime is. I would change everything except for the Village Hidden in the Clouds.

16. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have Sasuke learn the truth of the Uchiha massacre from Neko-baa, the grandma cat lady.

I'd also take away the hawk summons and give him cat summons. He'd have a kitty that sits on his head like Pakkun and it'd have the ability to sense chakra with it's wiskers.

I'd also have him put the Sharingan's ability to copy jutsu to good use. Each time we see him fight he'd either learn one of the opponent's techniques, or show us one he learned from one of his allies or previous fights. They'd also have a special "Sasuke Uchiha" spin on them, like he did with Lee's Omote Renge when he created Shishi Rendan.

For example, he wouldn't have the stamina for a Raiton Armor. But he can still add Raiton to his shunshin to propel himself faster and farther. Or he'd create Enton: Kage Bunshin.

And after leaving Orochimaru behind and going to join Tobi, I would have had him cast a Tsukuyomi on him so that he can train him in Uchiha techniques via Genjutsu (Itachi's Tsukuyomi is 3 days in 1 minute. I'd make Tobi's similar so that Sasuke can learn a year's worth of ninjutsu and Genjutsu in a day). That way everytime we see him fight and pull off something we've never seen before, it'd be justified with "Oh yeah, he now knows over 100 new jutsu since we last saw him. Nevermind."

Naruto would also have lost Kurama at the end of Part 1 (spending the rest of his time learning Sage Mode and actual ninjutsu and stuff), and Kurama would take a human form as another antagonist. He'd compete with Akatsuki in rounding up all the bijuu. Akatsuki want to use them for whatever (tsuki no me maybe), but Kurama wants his brothers to join him in annihilating human kind. Then we'd see in an even longer manga the lives of the jinchuuriki who survived losing their bijuu, the bijuu themselves as they've taken human form (slice of life manga scenes with bijuu in hiding among normal humans attempting to hide out both from Kurama and Akatsuki, developing relationships and their own motivations), aswell as who they all side with during the war.

The power levels would be fixed too. You'd never see an attack more destructive than Deidara's C0.

18. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can deal with the plot for the most part but I wish Kishi developed his characters more naturally, especially taking into account all the knowledge, history, and relationships plastered all over this series.

I've often lost myself imagining what techniques Naruto could've amassed in his arsenal over the years, how awesome Neji should've been, how Sakura and Ino's rivalry could've been worthy of spectacle, how country politics could've been so much more evident post-time skip, etc. I mean Kishi neglected one of his best tools to further develop the characters -- running missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    The characters NEVER work in the night.
    Which is time for some good ol' team work... We definitely need more events taking place during nighttime.
    Last edited by Akabeth; May 24, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have given Naruto really smart fighting comrade as Shikamaru, currently he is with Bee, and thats a crazy couple - I'd have to say. I think Naruto needs Shikamaru who could have coordinated his unpredictable fighting style to more dangerous and powerfull. And same for Sasuke - but i think his team will be his advisor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i would change sakura into someone that looks as hot as hinata , get naruto and hinata to be a couple , make jiraya made tsunade pregnant before he died so that thier child would have been EPIC and naruto can be the godfather of that child and make the kid learn frog , slug and snake senjutsu =D

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ace17's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

get rid of that orange jumpsuit he is a ninja not goku
    make sakura have a deeper impact to the plot or get rid of her
    kill kakashi
    change the title to "Ninja Dragonball Z"
    more romance i just like romance in stories

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast