Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What would you change in the manga?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change in the manga?

I've put quite a lot of thought into this recently, perhaps more than I should have, but here's what I came up with.

Let Neji and Chouji die after the Sasuke pursuit arc.
    That was really those two character's highpoint and their effect on the series would have been so much greater if they died back then.

Let the characters killed by during Pain's invasion stay dead (Kakashi, Shizune, and that Elder Toad)
    This would have greatly helped maintain the sense of danger in the series of Kishimoto had dropped the hammer on these characters for real. The loss of Kakashi would have been regrettable but I think in the long term it would have added such good drama.

Had Sasuke be female
    The unconditional love thing Naruto has for Sasuke just doesn't resonate with me as "platonic dude on dude". In my recollection Sasuke spent most of his time being icy cold to Naruto or treating him like something he scraped off his boot with very short periods of treating him like an equal more out of pity than respect. Which really prevents me from buying into to the whole bond of brotherhood thing. I think if Sasuke's character was girl, the whole thing could be sold as unconditional love it would be a lot easier for me to accept. (I probably still wouldn't like him/her but I think I'd at least understand the whole thing.)

Dropped the concept of fate and prophecies of the future.
    I'm not against the concept but I feel Naruto has badly abused it. Prophecy's should be about giving characters insight into what "will be" or "could be"; but should not be used to tell the characters "what they must do". Because that's a self fulfilling form of prophecy or fate, where the prediction creates the predicted outcome. When used in this way the concept serves little purpose other than undercutting developments that might otherwise be surprising.

Cut the Zetsu puddies from the war plan
    They seem like one big "fail" to me. Just there so the good guys can slaughter something with no moral repercussions. It would have been better to have Tobi have a mercenary army or take over a village or two. Maybe then this war could have looked a little more like the "real wars" we keep seeing in flashbacks.

Cut Kyuubi mode
    I think it's ugly, unimaginative, and boring. In hindsight Sage Mode looked cooler and was more interesting conceptually. I would have much rather Naruto spent time learning and refining clever sage ninjutsu techniques; than getting what I've come to view as a big dumb power-up. The Kyuubi would have been much more fun as a chakra summon or chakra reservoir/advisor.

Prevent Killer Bee from existing
    I hate him more than I can express with words. He undercuts all drama in every scene he's in. His rapping thing went from funny to annoying after about 4 chapters. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a character than I was for Kishimoto's 8 tails Jinchuuriki.

Cap the "Sharingan God abilities" at no more than three.
    Three per person. They could be different for each person or whatever but I'm pretty tired of seeing what seems like a dozen Ultimate Jutsu's out of the sharingan. Three should be a crazy enough advantage as it is.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 14, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I've put quite a lot of thought into this recently, perhaps more than I should have, but here's what I came up with.

Let Neji and Chouji die after the Sasuke pursuit arc.
    That was really those two character's highpoint and their effect on the series would have been so much greater if they died back then.

Let the characters killed by during Pain's invasion stay dead (Kakashi, Shizune, and that Elder Toad)
    This would have greatly helped maintain the sense of danger in the series of Kishimoto had dropped the hammer on these characters for real. The loss of Kakashi would have been regrettable but I think in the long term it would have added such good drama.

Had Sasuke be female
    The unconditional love thing Naruto has for Sasuke just doesn't resonate with me as "platonic dude on dude". In my recollection Sasuke spent most of his time being icy cold to Naruto or treating him like something he scraped off his boot with very short periods of treating him like an equal more out of pity than respect. Which really prevents me from buying into to the whole bond of brotherhood thing. I think if Sasuke's character was girl, the whole thing could be sold as unconditional love it would be a lot easier for me to accept. (I probably still wouldn't like him/her but I think it'd at least understand the whole thing.)

Dropped the concept of fate and prophecies of the future.
    I'm not against the concept but I feel Naruto has badly abused it. Prophecy's should be about giving characters insight into what "will be" or "could be"; but should not be used to tell the characters "what they must do". Because that's a self fulfilling form of prophecy or fate, where the prediction creates the predicted outcome. When used in this way the concept serves little purpose other than undercutting developments that might otherwise be surprising.

Cut the Zetsu puddies from the war plan
    They seem like one big "fail" to me. Just there so the good guys can slaughter something with no moral repercussions. It would have been better to have Tobi have a mercenary army or take over a village or two. Maybe then this war could have looked a little more like the "real wars" we keep seeing in flashbacks.

Cut Kyuubi mode
    I think it's ugly, unimaginative, and boring. In hindsight Sage Mode looked cooler and was more interesting conceptually. I would have much rather Naruto spent time learning and refining clever sage ninjutsu techniques; than getting what I've come to view as a big dumb power-up. The Kyuubi would have been much more fun as a chakra summon or chakra reservoir/advisor.

Prevent Killer Bee from existing
    I hate him more than I can express with words. He undercuts all drama in every scene he's in. His rapping thing went from funny to annoying after about 4 chapters. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a character than I was for Kishimoto's 8 tails Jinchuuriki.

Cap the "Sharingan God abilities" at no more than three.
    Three per person. They could be different for each person or whatever but I'm pretty tired of seeing what seems like a dozen Ultimate Jutsu's out of the sharingan. Three should be a crazy enough advantage as it is.
    I agree with almost everything.

I especially agree with Choji dying in the rescue Sasuke arc.

This was one of the greatest moment in Naruto for me, the most dramatic one.
    And they ruined it, by saving his life.

And I agree with Killerbee as well.
    I never liked this parody of a character...

The only thing I liked about this character was that I knew he would eventually die to let Naruto be the only remaining Jinchuriki, but now it seems that he too has a plot-shield, and that Tobi found another way to get his plan completed without them... (lame).

There are although I few thing I don't agree with:

I was actually thinking that Naruto should have been a female!

When I see some fanpics of Sasuke and Naruto in his girl form (what do they call her again? Naruko?), I always feel like their relation would have been less messed up and weird if Naruto would have been a girl.
    And they make such a great couple!

EDIT: Although, if Naruto was a female, we would probably hate him/her as much as we hate Sakura for still being in love with Sasuke despite how an asshole he is.

The only other thing I don't agree is the Kyubbi mode.
    I like it, the relation between Kyubbi and Naruto is one of the thing I like the most in this manga.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; June 14, 2012 at 08:56 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I was actually thinking that Naruto should have been a female!

When I see some fanpics of Sasuke and Naruto in his girl form (what do they call her again? Naruko?), I always feel like their relation would have been less messed up and weird if Naruto would have been a girl.
    And they make such a great couple!
    That would also be fine by me. The important this is to change the unconditional friendship (which does not make sense) to unconditional love (which is a theme most everybody should be familiar with).

Can't say I think the pair would make a great couple...but at least everything would make a kind of rational sense. I'd still probably be rooting for Sasuke to get killed off even then the relationship between Sasuke and Naruto's characters would be so much more powerful and relatable than it is right now

The whole Senju/Uchiha thing would work better (tap into a Romeo and Juliet vien) and the Yin and Yang symbolism would make sense at a deeper level too.

EDIT: Although, if Naruto was a female, we would probably hate him/her as much as we hate Sakura for still being in love with Sasuke despite how an asshole he is.
    Could it be any worse than Naruto running around yelling "He's my bestest friend in the whole wide world, even if he tries to kill me and all the people I care about all the time."? Which is basically what's been going on.

The only other thing I don't agree is the Kyubbi mode.
    I like it, the relation between Kyubbi and Naruto is one of the thing I like the most in this manga.
    I've always liked the Kyuubi as a character but why couldn't that relationship been like other Jinchuuriki's had? Killer Bee doesn't glow like a flashlight and completely alter the way he fights every-time he uses his space octopus powers.

I just don't see the need for working with the Kyuubi to cause him to go into Rikudou ripoff mode.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 14, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing I would have done is make this more relevant in the manga.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-304-20...apter-299.html

So far naruto using the kyubi's power is being treated as if it was a power he trained for or even a KG which IMO is just about insane. With the kyubi naruto does not even need to fight anymore, he can just let the kyubi do everything magically for him. Sage mode was coherent with this, he got power of his own and he could rely on it to fight insanely strong people. Instead we got naruto getting sage mode AND kyubi's power. If there ever was an argument in favor of steroids its naruto and how it all worked out for him. For me a better development would have been for naruto to kick ass on his own without the kyubi and eventually releasing all biju because as we have seen none of them are intrinsically bad, they are just angry at being used like super steroids. Of course, along with this I would have had madara refrain from his ultimate susanoo which is not apparently caused by his rinnengan as hashirama was implied to have fought it. Now sasuke has enough plot favor on his hands to have biju like destructive capacities without a biju. Naruto could have conceivably fought sasuke with sage mode with when he only had MS or even EMS but now that sasuke is but chapters away from having a perfect susanoo (at least IMO) it would be impossible for him to fight sasuke with his own strength (while sasuke will be fighting with his own power).

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That would also be fine by me. The important this is to change the unconditional friendship (which does not make sense) to unconditional love (which is a theme most everybody should be familiar with).

Can't say I think the pair would make a great couple...but at least everything would make a kind of rational sense. I'd still probably be rooting for Sasuke to get killed off even then the relationship between Sasuke and Naruto's characters would be so much more powerful and relatable than it is right now

The whole Senju/Uchiha thing would work better (tap into a Romeo and Juliet vien) and the Yin and Yang symbolism would make sense at a deeper level too.

Could it be any worse than Naruto running around yelling "He's my bestest friend in the whole wide world, even if he tries to kill me and all the people I care about all the time."? Which is basically what's been going on.

I've always liked the Kyuubi as a character but why couldn't that relationship been like other Jinchuuriki's had? Killer Bee doesn't glow like a flashlight and completely alter the way he fights every-time he uses his space octopus powers.

I just don't see the need for working with the Kyuubi to cause him to go into Rikudou ripoff mode.
    Ah! You were talking about Rikudo mode.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of that one neither.

I prefer the first Kyubbi Mode.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Naruto could have conceivably fought sasuke with sage mode with when he only had MS or even EMS but now that sasuke is but chapters away from having a perfect susanoo (at least IMO) it would be impossible for him to fight sasuke with his own strength (while sasuke will be fighting with his own power).
    Not only Perfect Susano'o was created by Kishi to give a chance for Sasuke to deal with Naruto in Bijuu Mode, but how is Sasuke fighting with his own power when MS was gifted to him by Itachi and EMS is, basically, transplanting Itachi's own eyes into Sasuke's sockets?

Still I too would love a fight between Sage Naruto and normal, actual EMS Sasuke instead of Mecha Kyuubi vs Mecha Susano'o, ok we've reached a point where big jutsus are the norm, but I'll be damned if the fights right now are the most boring fights in the series, right up with Ino vs Sakura.
    Hell, Kubo at least made the Ichigo vs Aizen fight the coolest thing ever visually, even though it was lame, short and anticlimatic, now Kishi is pulling out modes after modes after modes.
    Screw ninjas, Naruto is turning into a mecha manga.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

MS wasn't gifted to him, and EMS in a way wasn't either. Sasuke wouldn't have taken Itachi's eyes if he wasn't going blind; and from the looks of it, it took Tobi revealing the truth for Sasuke to unlock his MS.

I'd also remove Kyuubi Mode and have Naruto stick to Sage Mode. I'd also give him more new techniques and keep his brain to Part I with maturation. It feels like he's dumbed up a bit, for some reason. If he had more jutsu, Naruto would be pretty creative and innovative, in my opinion, like he kinda was with kage bunshin and transformation. Combine some technique with Sage Mode and he'd be pretty dangerous.

I'd also take away Susano'o from Sasuke. Bad enough he has Amaterasu, he doesn't need a Susano'o. Whereas Naruto fought innovatively and cleverly, Sasuke fought intelligently. That Naruto vs. that Sasuke would be awesome to see.

Rasengan is the same old shit now, even with Kyuubi Mode. Naruto probably won't use FRS on Sasuke. Really wish Naruto and Sasuke learn more jutsu, especially Naruto. He can turn a lot of jutsu into his own like he did with kage bunshin. Sasuke can also add variety to his jutsu like he did with chidori.

Oh, and I"d also make sure Kakashi got his chance to shine and that Sakura's character didn't regress. Kakashi is a great fighter and character, regardless of his low chakra pool. It's time he's shown how awesome he can be.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I don't agree with is KillerBee. Ya he is goofy and a bit of a stereotype, but he is a boss when he needs to be. It's not like he is a complete parody. If anything I'd change his personality so he doesn't always speak in rhymes. Be honest, would you guys dislike him so much if he didn't speak in rhymes?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing I would have done is make this more relevant in the manga.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-304-20...apter-299.html

So far naruto using the kyubi's power is being treated as if it was a power he trained for or even a KG which IMO is just about insane. With the kyubi naruto does not even need to fight anymore, he can just let the kyubi do everything magically for him. Sage mode was coherent with this, he got power of his own and he could rely on it to fight insanely strong people. Instead we got naruto getting sage mode AND kyubi's power. If there ever was an argument in favor of steroids its naruto and how it all worked out for him. For me a better development would have been for naruto to kick ass on his own without the kyubi and eventually releasing all biju because as we have seen none of them are intrinsically bad, they are just angry at being used like super steroids. Of course, along with this I would have had madara refrain from his ultimate susanoo which is not apparently caused by his rinnengan as hashirama was implied to have fought it. Now sasuke has enough plot favor on his hands to have biju like destructive capacities without a biju. Naruto could have conceivably fought sasuke with sage mode with when he only had MS or even EMS but now that sasuke is but chapters away from having a perfect susanoo (at least IMO) it would be impossible for him to fight sasuke with his own strength (while sasuke will be fighting with his own power).
    I like the sound of that.

Ah! You were talking about Rikudo mode.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of that one neither.

I prefer the first Kyubbi Mode.
    Yeah, I liked the original Kyuubi thing muuuuch better; though I would never want to see Naruto rely on that either to be honest. As long as it was power he couldn't control it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    MS wasn't gifted to him, and EMS in a way wasn't either. Sasuke wouldn't have taken Itachi's eyes if he wasn't going blind; and from the looks of it, it took Tobi revealing the truth for Sasuke to unlock his MS.
    I kinda agree on MS. But EMS was totally a gift. Tobi may have given him it for a reason but he still practically gift wrapped it for him. Sasuke did absolutely nothing to earn it, other than being Itachi's easily manipulated younger brother.

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    The only thing I don't agree with is KillerBee. Ya he is goofy and a bit of a stereotype, but he is a boss when he needs to be. It's not like he is a complete parody. If anything I'd change his personality so he doesn't always speak in rhymes. Be honest, would you guys dislike him so much if he didn't speak in rhymes?
    Killer Bee just seems like one big mass of problems to me.

The rhymes are the worst thing but it's not the only thing. Early on Kishimoto established him as something of a thoughtless and selfish guy. His running off got that pursuit nin that was tailing Sasuke killed and sent the whole shinibi world into a fit and he never showed even a hint of remorse about it. And why did he do it? Because he wanted to refine his rhyming. That's what his first impression was. Irresponsible, selfish, and probably a little crazy (or a lot crazy).

Later on he was re-purposed to give not-so-sagely mentorship to Naruto but the problem with that was that I don't feel like we were every sold on the idea that Naruto would be better off acting more like Killer Bee? A ninja nobody really seems to trust or respect as a shinobi. He's a clown people are fond of but don't trust to get things done or be in any way responsible.

I don't think he's funny, admirable, interesting, or capable of being dramatic. Could his character have been tweaked to work better? I think so but I think the series would have been better served if he was entirely different character; because there is anything about him that is particularly good. Everything from his manner of speech to his attitude to his style of fighting is a joke; and, unfortunately, not a funny one.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 15, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Not only Perfect Susano'o was created by Kishi to give a chance for Sasuke to deal with Naruto in Bijuu Mode, but how is Sasuke fighting with his own power when MS was gifted to him by Itachi and EMS is, basically, transplanting Itachi's own eyes into Sasuke's sockets?

Still I too would love a fight between Sage Naruto and normal, actual EMS Sasuke instead of Mecha Kyuubi vs Mecha Susano'o, ok we've reached a point where big jutsus are the norm, but I'll be damned if the fights right now are the most boring fights in the series, right up with Ino vs Sakura.
    Hell, Kubo at least made the Ichigo vs Aizen fight the coolest thing ever visually, even though it was lame, short and anticlimatic, now Kishi is pulling out modes after modes after modes.
    Screw ninjas, Naruto is turning into a mecha manga.
    But sasuke is ultimately fighting alone and even in the most extreme scenario EMS uses only sasuke's power, it does not rely on a second set of chakra bateries. The eyes are ultimately just eyes, they do not have a will of their own nor do they do things on their own. They rely entirely on sasuke and the power he has, its not like itachi himself is doing anything. Itachi didn't even have the things EMS has, its all independent of him. In turn, the power the kyubi has belongs entirely on the kyubi and the whole thing depends on the kyubi actually colaborating with naruto. The power naruto is using actually belongs to the kyubi, not naruto. All naruto had to do is learn how to properly leech the power. At least sasuke has to develop his eye techniques (even if technically talent allows him to reduce training times a decent bit).

Mecha manga? All we need is for sasuke to have his curse seal back for this to be freaking power rangers lol.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

I'd also remove Kyuubi Mode and have Naruto stick to Sage Mode. I'd also give him more new techniques and keep his brain to Part I with maturation. It feels like he's dumbed up a bit, for some reason. If he had more jutsu, Naruto would be pretty creative and innovative, in my opinion, like he kinda was with kage bunshin and transformation. Combine some technique with Sage Mode and he'd be pretty dangerous.

I'd also take away Susano'o from Sasuke. Bad enough he has Amaterasu, he doesn't need a Susano'o. Whereas Naruto fought innovatively and cleverly, Sasuke fought intelligently. That Naruto vs. that Sasuke would be awesome to see.

Rasengan is the same old shit now, even with Kyuubi Mode. Naruto probably won't use FRS on Sasuke. Really wish Naruto and Sasuke learn more jutsu, especially Naruto. He can turn a lot of jutsu into his own like he did with kage bunshin. Sasuke can also add variety to his jutsu like he did with chidori.

Oh, and I"d also make sure Kakashi got his chance to shine and that Sakura's character didn't regress. Kakashi is a great fighter and character, regardless of his low chakra pool. It's time he's shown how awesome he can be.
    Really don't want to start another discussion about power ups, I will only leave a scan that pretty much says it.

You know what would be cool?
    A battle like the last ending of Shippuden, when Sasuke and Naruto beat the shit out of each other. That is what I would like for their final battle .

On the Kakashi and expecially the Sakura part I wholeheartly agree with you, I'm still sore about his rampage :| oh, and the whole "this year is Kakashi's year" thing

But sasuke is ultimately fighting alone and even in the most extreme scenario EMS uses only sasuke's power, it does not rely on a second set of chakra bateries. The eyes are ultimately just eyes, they do not have a will of their own nor do they do things on their own. They rely entirely on sasuke and the power he has, its not like itachi himself is doing anything. Itachi didn't even have the things EMS has, its all independent of him. In turn, the power the kyubi has belongs entirely on the kyubi and the whole thing depends on the kyubi actually colaborating with naruto. The power naruto is using actually belongs to the kyubi, not naruto. All naruto had to do is learn how to properly leech the power. At least sasuke has to develop his eye techniques (even if technically talent allows him to reduce training times a decent bit).

Mecha manga? All we need is for sasuke to have his curse seal back for this to be freaking power rangers lol.
    I can... Somewhat agree to that logic, is it true that Naruto's power is divided into two, even if his chakra and Kyuubi's are fused now, and in the crazy hypotetis of a Kyuubi fight he too would benefit from its partnership with Naruto.

Shamefully Kishi doesn't realize that battles with enormous powers, forms etc. aren't his forte, he always excelled in battle with "human" propotions, hell I personally enjoyed Gaara vs Niidaime Mizukage the most in this war, it wasn't Nuke vs Mecha but it was a skilled ninja against another skilled ninja

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Killer Bee just seems like one big mass of problems to me.

The rhymes are the worst thing but it's not the only thing. Early on Kishimoto established him as something of a thoughtless and selfish guy. His running off got that pursuit nin that was tailing Sasuke killed and sent the whole shinibi world into a fit and he never showed even a hint of remorse about it. And why did he do it? Because he wanted to refine his rhyming. That's what his first impression was. Irresponsible, selfish, and probably a little crazy (or a lot crazy).

Later on he was re-purposed to give not-so-sagely mentorship to Naruto but the problem with that was that I don't feel like we were every sold on the idea that Naruto would be better off acting more like Killer Bee? A ninja nobody really seems to trust or respect as a shinobi. He's a clown people are fond of but don't trust to get things done or be in any way responsible.

I don't think he's funny, admirable, interesting, or capable of being dramatic. Could his character have been tweaked to work better? I think so but I think the series would have been better served if he was entirely different character; because there is anything about him that is particularly good. Everything from his manner of speech to his attitude to his style of fighting is a joke; and, unfortunately, not a funny one.

I guess I can understand that. You can't really fault the guy for what happened to Jay though. It's not like he could do anything about it at the time. You're assuming that he was completely 100% before his whole "disappearing" act. I'd say a lot of people trusted and respected him. The only reason that it doesn't seem like he goes out and does anything for his village is because he couldn't. Ei wouldn't let him. Hiruzen's teammates had the same idea for Naruto. Which is the entire point behind the whole escape thing. Do i think that entire thing with Kisame could have been handled better? Yes but the entire thing was set up so Kisame would survive and get info anyway. We'll just have to agree to disagree on his fighting style. We saw that the guy can pick up a weapon that he isn't familiar with and own with it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I can understand that. You can't really fault the guy for what happened to Jay though. It's not like he could do anything about it at the time. You're assuming that he was completely 100% before his whole "disappearing" act. I'd say a lot of people trusted and respected him. The only reason that it doesn't seem like he goes out and does anything for his village is because he couldn't. Ei wouldn't let him. Hiruzen's teammates had the same idea for Naruto. Which is the entire point behind the whole escape thing. Do i think that entire thing with Kisame could have been handled better? Yes but the entire thing was set up so Kisame would survive and get info anyway. We'll just have to agree to disagree on his fighting style. We saw that the guy can pick up a weapon that he isn't familiar with and own with it.
    It's not that I would have expected him to save the Jay guy, it's because the guy was caught tailing Sasuke because he thought at the time Sasuke had captured Killer Bee(which he had not) So that guy died for nothing and, though I wouldn't quite say the situation was Killer Bee's fault, his running off played a definite role in that man's death.

Think about this example...

If Naruto had faked his death and ran off to do his own thing, letting everybody think he was captured by Akatsuki; and Rock Lee tailed them in the hopes of getting Naruto back and got killed in the process. Shouldn't Naruto feel guilty as hell about that?

-------------------------------

Your right about the fighting style thing. We're just of different opinions on that one.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 15, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlike Naruto, KillerBee from his teenage plus years has been mostly confined to his village. In my opinion this is partly because Ei cares about him enough to not want to lose him and partly because he knows how valuable Bee is to the cloud. That doesn't matter though. The fact remains that Bee has been restricted from going anywhere since the third Raikage died. So it isn't as black and white as Bee wanting to leave the cloud simply to do his own thing, and therefore he is selfish. Was Bee even shown to be informed about Jay's death? Also it would be different if Bee was shown to be aware of him watching the fight, but he wasn't.

I'm not saying that Bee's running didn't play a role in Jay's death. However, you're expecting a lot of him here. You can't compare him to Rock Lee because we don't know what type of connection beyond fellow Shinboi that the two had. If they had one at all. Also, I might be mistaken, but you are assuming that Bee was informed of Jay's death and just didn't care.

If Naruto did that crap it would be bullcrap because he doesn't have bee's restrictions.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlike Naruto, KillerBee from his teenage plus years has been mostly confined to his village. In my opinion this is partly because Ei cares about him enough to not want to lose him and partly because he knows how valuable Bee is to the cloud. That doesn't matter though. The fact remains that Bee has been restricted from going anywhere since the third Raikage died. So it isn't as black and white as Bee wanting to leave the cloud simply to do his own thing, and therefore he is selfish. Was Bee even shown to be informed about Jay's death? Also it would be different if Bee was shown to be aware of him watching the fight, but he wasn't.

I'm not saying that Bee's running didn't play a role in Jay's death. However, you're expecting a lot of him here. You can't compare him to Rock Lee because we don't know what type of connection beyond fellow Shinboi that the two had. If they had one at all. Also, I might be mistaken, but you are assuming that Bee was informed of Jay's death and just didn't care.

If Naruto did that crap it would be bullcrap because he doesn't have bee's restrictions.
    Don't get me wrong Killer Bee's actions make sense within the confines of who he is. It was selfish, it contributed to that guy's death, but it made perfect sense.

The problem is that his character was made Naruto's Jinchuuriki mentor without dealing with that. Which makes anything he teaches Naruto highly suspect because he himself makes some pretty costly mistakes without even noticing. It's like a guy teaching somebody about fire safety while he ignores his own home catching fire in the background. So he seems highly unfit for the role he's been playing.

Naruto should have been teaching him life lessons not the other way around.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 15, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast