Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What would you change in the manga?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change in the manga?

sasuke female- only straight DUDE would like that. cause they like him soo much, that they would feel wear je%^ing off of a guy. or lesbian cause hes a guy and they like girls.

i hate how other ninja think that naruto is a god and he will make the day for then......ooohhh j-man and minato say that hes the child of fate.

not having naruto to go to war and beat everybody...why?.. i happen to skip all that crap....come on i though other character was going to die till you just make clone and they warn you not to make clone but u still make like 100 of then. each of then fight better then the original.

cut the 9 tails overrated crap....naruto happen to have half of the 9 tail fox power inside. but when he use just a bit of hes chackra....ooohhhh no god. while other 8 till 1 look like crap compare to half of the 9 tails power.

kishi why dont you show the power of the other jinki has when they use the power of the beast....like killer bee for example.
    you happen you give naruto the power of...sense chackra....sense if someone has evil in hes heart(BS)....then happen to make him. that he can sense if someone is planing to make something evil. really what else......he couldnt make a tails bomb...but he did make a huge one out of no were....
    9tails is soooo overrated that when naruto use half of half of the 9 tail. which he stop all tails beast...we happen to see a power were we fan cannot compare that power to anyone...and 9 tails say it was not complete...WTF.. are you seriously...what we suppose to see if he use hes full power.....the whole planet will explode cause he use all hes power.......but why hes the main character and he has to win all the fight.....some by talking other by resengan....

1 other thing... when naruto using the 9 tails power....make that some jutsu hurt him. cause no element hurt him at all. but to other jyn they do hurt then.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Don't get me wrong Killer Bee's actions make sense within the confines of who he is. It was selfish, it contributed to that guy's death, but it made perfect sense.

The problem is that his character was made Naruto's Jinchuuriki mentor without dealing with that. Which makes anything he teaches Naruto highly suspect because he himself makes some pretty costly mistakes without even noticing. It's like a guy teaching somebody about fire safety while he ignores his own home catching fire in the background. So he seems highly unfit for the role he's been playing.

Naruto should have been teaching him life lessons not the other way around.
    Here is the thing, Bee going straight back to the cloud wouldn't have changed anything. Jay would have still gone after Sasuke under the assumption that Bee got captured, and still died. The only thing that would have happened is word being sent to Ei that he was still alive. Even though Kishimoto never showed Bee dealing with the Jay situation, we can't just assume that he was informed and didn't give a shit.

It was shown That jay and his partner only knew about it cause they happened to be close by. So There is no way that Bee could have possibly known that they were even there. Not saying that he is completely blameless, but it's not like jay would have lived if he would have gone back to the cloud.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    You know what would be cool?
    A battle like the last ending of Shippuden, when Sasuke and Naruto beat the shit out of each other. That is what I would like for their final battle .

On the Kakashi and expecially the Sakura part I wholeheartly agree with you, I'm still sore about his rampage :| oh, and the whole "this year is Kakashi's year" thing
    Agreed. None of that kamehameha crap or whatnot, but they use their brains and Kyuubi-less and MS-less power and beat each other to pulp. This fight should be much better than Part I if done right.

Seriously hope Kishi shows a flashback of his rampage. Kakashi has been criminally underused and abused.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Let Neji and Chouji die after the Sasuke pursuit arc.
    That was really those two character's highpoint and their effect on the series would have been so much greater if they died back then.
    And not Kiba or Hinata? How about Gaara? He stopped being a Jinchuuriki, and his story was done about 300 chapters ago. A lot of people's achievements or significant moments have been told, but Kishi doesn't kill people that way. Asuma's death, Jiraiya's death, Danzou's Death. Kishi kills people so other characters can evolve from that moment, not because the victim's story could end on a good note.

Quote Quote:
    Let the characters killed by during Pain's invasion stay dead (Kakashi, Shizune, and that Elder Toad)
    This would have greatly helped maintain the sense of danger in the series of Kishimoto had dropped the hammer on these characters for real. The loss of Kakashi would have been regrettable but I think in the long term it would have added such good drama.
    You think Kakashi didn't realize the danger when he decided to save Chouji at the cost of his own life? People seem to equate death with good drama. War is only a war if someone of importance dies. Secondary characters need to die when their time comes but it's completely alright for the protagonist to rise from the grave a million times. It once again falls umder the guise of picking winners and losers. Their role is done, kill them off unless they serve some purpose down the road. That route works only if people are killed on a constant basis. If 1/3 on the Konoha 12 died during the chuunin exams and if half of Sasuke's retrieval team died, and one died during the revenge killing of Asuma. Then you could make the claim that death is a reflection of the storyline. Otherwise it's just a popularity contest on a reality tv-show on who should be kicked off the island today.

Quote Quote:
    Had Sasuke be female
    The unconditional love thing Naruto has for Sasuke just doesn't resonate with me as "platonic dude on dude". In my recollection Sasuke spent most of his time being icy cold to Naruto or treating him like something he scraped off his boot with very short periods of treating him like an equal more out of pity than respect. Which really prevents me from buying into to the whole bond of brotherhood thing. I think if Sasuke's character was girl, the whole thing could be sold as unconditional love it would be a lot easier for me to accept. (I probably still wouldn't like him/her but I think I'd at least understand the whole thing.)
    I dunno, if you were all-alone and 12-13 before you got your first friend you might go to hell-and-back for it. Naruto really is a simple character. He does what he says and he stops at niothing to do it. Is the dissatisfaction because Naruto is in many ways that simple naive guy that he started and hasn't changed that much or do you think he should be "smarter" than this and learn to cut his losses? Uncinditonal love? It's already in there with Naruto's love for Sakura and we've seen how little develo90pment goes with those storylines. If Kishi was better at romance then that would have a chance of working.

Quote Quote:
    Dropped the concept of fate and prophecies of the future.
    I'm not against the concept but I feel Naruto has badly abused it. Prophecy's should be about giving characters insight into what "will be" or "could be"; but should not be used to tell the characters "what they must do". Because that's a self fulfilling form of prophecy or fate, where the prediction creates the predicted outcome. When used in this way the concept serves little purpose other than undercutting developments that might otherwise be surprising.
    Have to agree here. Kishi didn't develop this concept until late in the 3rd quarter. If he had dropped elements earlier into Part 1 then I think this element would be more palatable than it currently is.

Quote Quote:
    Cut the Zetsu puddies from the war plan
    They seem like one big "fail" to me. Just there so the good guys can slaughter something with no moral repercussions. It would have been better to have Tobi have a mercenary army or take over a village or two. Maybe then this war could have looked a little more like the "real wars" we keep seeing in flashbacks.
    And is the mystery village of unknown origin any better than 100,000 clones of a known villian? Plus it completely smacks in the face of the whole world order. The 5 great villages of the land can muster 80,000 shock troops while some weirdo in a mask can magically pull 100,000 trained ninja out of his a$$? I'd find that completely unbelievable. While the zetsu plan has flaws it passes the reasonablity test while all other scenarios just don't unless you want a battle of 80,000 ninja against Gedo Mazo (sp?) which reeks of a Godzilla movie.

Quote Quote:
    Prevent Killer Bee from existing
    I hate him more than I can express with words. He undercuts all drama in every scene he's in. His rapping thing went from funny to annoying after about 4 chapters. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a character than I was for Kishimoto's 8 tails Jinchuuriki.
    I agree Bee is pretty worthless as a character, however, you need an outside element that explains what a Jinchuuriki is that isn't Naruto. Gaara had his removed so you needed something else to explain it besides Naruto and the Kyuubi. Bee was it. It's not ideal and I don't care for his character but he does explain the Jinchuuriki in better terms than just a power upgrade when Naruto needs it.

Quote Quote:
    Cap the "Sharingan God abilities" at no more than three.
    Three per person. They could be different for each person or whatever but I'm pretty tired of seeing what seems like a dozen Ultimate Jutsu's out of the sharingan. Three should be a crazy enough advantage as it is.
    Yeah it's hard to believe the Uchica weren't the Lords of the Universe with all their hack abilities. 3 is defintely a good number.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Here is the thing, Bee going straight back to the cloud wouldn't have changed anything. Jay would have still gone after Sasuke under the assumption that Bee got captured, and still died. The only thing that would have happened is word being sent to Ei that he was still alive. Even though Kishimoto never showed Bee dealing with the Jay situation, we can't just assume that he was informed and didn't give a shit.

It was shown That jay and his partner only knew about it cause they happened to be close by. So There is no way that Bee could have possibly known that they were even there. Not saying that he is completely blameless, but it's not like jay would have lived if he would have gone back to the cloud.
    I see what your saying, I do. And your right it isn't all Killer Bee's fault (it's Sasuke's) but his actions did contribute to the situation. Just like in my hypothetical Naruto would have contributed to Rock Lee's. Whether he knows about it or not; we know about it. So you can understand why it's pretty hard for me to move on and accept him as some kind of fountain of wisdom for Naruto to draw from because we've already seen the effects his thoughtless actions can have.

I feel like the narrative wants me to see him as wise and admirable guy; yet to me he just looks like a reckless idiot. He's strong but, for Naruto, acting like him would be a huge step away from becoming the Hokage he once dreamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    And not Kiba or Hinata? How about Gaara? He stopped being a Jinchuuriki, and his story was done about 300 chapters ago. A lot of people's achievements or significant moments have been told, but Kishi doesn't kill people that way. Asuma's death, Jiraiya's death, Danzou's Death. Kishi kills people so other characters can evolve from that moment, not because the victim's story could end on a good note.
    The difference being Kiba, Hinata were never really killed off. I suppose the argument can be made for Garra but he's the only character hidden sand has, so killing him would have rendered that village painfully boring.

Everybody I named was either killed off or had their great shining blaze of glory, complete with semi-artistic final moments. The problem with pulling those characters away from death is that it ruins the impact that would have had on other characters as well as takes meaning away from the "blaze of glory" moments.

I don't believe in killing characters for no reason but I believe the same about saving them. If the threat of death isn't real then a story like Naruto, that relies so heavily on that, losses the sense thrilling danger.

You think Kakashi didn't realize the danger when he decided to save Chouji at the cost of his own life? People seem to equate death with good drama. War is only a war if someone of importance dies. Secondary characters need to die when their time comes but it's completely alright for the protagonist to rise from the grave a million times. It once again falls umder the guise of picking winners and losers. Their role is done, kill them off unless they serve some purpose down the road. That route works only if people are killed on a constant basis. If 1/3 on the Konoha 12 died during the chuunin exams and if half of Sasuke's retrieval team died, and one died during the revenge killing of Asuma. Then you could make the claim that death is a reflection of the storyline. Otherwise it's just a popularity contest on a reality tv-show on who should be kicked off the island today.
    I am talking about 3 specific people who were, in fact, killed staying dead. You are arguing a much larger point which is not what I said nor is it the subject of this thread so....

All I'll say is this. Higher stakes means more drama. It's not about picking winners and loser it's about establishing the cost of winning and losing as being meaningful. If character's obviously cannot die than drama becomes pretty shallow. In this case I think the cost of bringing back these specific characters by far outweighed the benefits.

So, as it is my wish list, it goes on there.

And is the mystery village of unknown origin any better than 100,000 clones of a known villian? Plus it completely smacks in the face of the whole world order. The 5 great villages of the land can muster 80,000 shock troops while some weirdo in a mask can magically pull 100,000 trained ninja out of his a$$? I'd find that completely unbelievable. While the zetsu plan has flaws it passes the reasonablity test while all other scenarios just don't unless you want a battle of 80,000 ninja against Gedo Mazo (sp?) which reeks of a Godzilla movie.
    Anything would be better.

Off the top of my head have 2 of the 5 nations turn on the other 3. For example have Rock and Cloud take Tobi's side on the promise of being rid of the other 3 nations. Leave a battered Leaf, Sand, and distant Mist to defend themselves. Or have Tobi unite all the small villages against the larger ones. Then you have a real war. Not this episode of Power Rangers Naruto-verse edition; starring Evil Tobi and his army of mushroom puddies.

I agree Bee is pretty worthless as a character, however, you need an outside element that explains what a Jinchuuriki is that isn't Naruto. Gaara had his removed so you needed something else to explain it besides Naruto and the Kyuubi. Bee was it. It's not ideal and I don't care for his character but he does explain the Jinchuuriki in better terms than just a power upgrade when Naruto needs it.
    And I would argue any of the other Jinchuuriki would be better in that role.

We don't know anything about them but they would have to be. I mean, the simplest would be to have Nii Yugito live and Killer Bee die. Or just not do the mentor-ship thing and have Naruto work it out himself with a little help from his mom's ghost or something. Or just free the damn thing like kkck suggested. Whatever it takes to make Killer Bee go away.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were to change it, I would do away with the background stories of people we don't really care about; Naruto would not be from any powerful lineage but he would grow slowly as an underdog; the prophecy is a an asspull that'd need to be removed from the story. The ninja war would focus more on the next gen's fighting, and women power that would be real and believable.

Of course, IF I WERE TO WRITE NARUTO, SASUKE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN CURSE SEAL LEVEL 4 WITH CAT EARS, AND HE WOULD BE THE CUTEST EVER!

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

curse seal sasuke will be good were he goes to like 9 level just to keep up with naruto. but that would kill him. and naruto using the 9 tails over and over has o side effect now. hes been using that mode for like 50 chapter and no side effect. well he could do clone, but he did...

i would change the tittle. never put the main character name. thats been stupid.
    i would change the fact that everyone think cause j-man say that naruto is the child of wtver. they always sucking to naruto and always letting him do wtver he want.
    i hate how everyone suck naruto D#$K all the time.

many great manga didnt put the main character as the name cause it stupid...for example DBZ/onepiece/bleach and others.....
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feisu-chan View Post
    If I were to change it, I would do away with the background stories of people we don't really care about; Naruto would not be from any powerful lineage but he would grow slowly as an underdog; the prophecy is a an asspull that'd need to be removed from the story. The ninja war would focus more on the next gen's fighting, and women power that would be real and believable.

Of course, IF I WERE TO WRITE NARUTO, SASUKE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN CURSE SEAL LEVEL 4 WITH CAT EARS, AND HE WOULD BE THE CUTEST EVER!
    Well, the whole underdog thing was not actually ruined by the prophesy IMO. I mean, why couldn't have the prophesy referred to an underdog to begin with?Naruto being an untalented underdog who rose above the situation was ruined by him being the son of a hokage and then a member of the notorious uzumaki clan and this distantly related to the rikudo. Naruto went from being the untalented parentless punk to being born objectively being that others (and yes, I mean that on the merit of being born from a certain clan he is born stronger and a better person and is worth more than normies because that is what being descended from the rikudo means in this manga). Then again, naruto being the son of the fourth was pretty much obvious from the get go so it should have been clear that he was in reality no underdog, he just needed a little faith from others to start doing things which only objectively better people can do from such a young age.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feisu-chan View Post

!! Yes, thanks for reminding me! I'd also make sure the women were important and actually had power, like Kurenai and Sakura. Hinata's been working hard and training hard to catch up to Naruto, she should be a lot stronger. Temari.

I do think the prophecy is bullshit as well, along with Naruto getting too much power from Kyuubi's chakra. Naruto's power came from him, his ideals and personality. He fought hard to change his destiny, and grew stronger as result, so I'm not happy with his whole destiny being planned thing. I always enjoyed Naruto going against the grain, and Part II just completely ruins that.

AND NO CUTE SASUKE DAMMIT

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

theres not much to change except for the war since it seems to be pretty rushed, the 4th war had so much potential in it. it would of been great if we saw kakashi's rampage, mifune vs hanzo was too quick and there are many other battles that were rushed

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Agreed. None of that kamehameha crap or whatnot, but they use their brains and Kyuubi-less and MS-less power and beat each other to pulp. This fight should be much better than Part I if done right.

Seriously hope Kishi shows a flashback of his rampage. Kakashi has been criminally underused and abused.
    Agreed, infact the best fights Naruto and Sasuke had were without Chakra Mode and MS, if you notice.
    Imho Pein vs Naruto and Sasuke vs Itachi are in the top three of the fight in the manga, period.

As for Kakashi, his year shall come.
    When Kishi will make his manga implode by revealing that Tobi is Obito

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5