Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Black Aura: A Logical Q & A

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Aura: A Logical Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Whether Yips is activated or not is irrelivant. If Konomi says an ABILITY is not an ability, then yes, I will DISagree with Konomi on the bases of him not knowing what a logical fallacy is. Yips is an ability, period. Konomi did not create the definition of "ability," therefore I can disagree with what he says about it, and still be correct. To be honest, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about on this topic.
    And Airgrimes, I'm not going to debate your fanboyism (and it IS obvious). Your constant use of words to degrade Sanada makes you look like a moron.
    You are in no position to talk. You look like a massive moron as you are saying you disagreeing with KONOMI in KONOMI'S MANGA.
    What an absolute idiot you must be to think you know more than Konomi on his own manga. Your fanboyism is beyond laughable.

Yips being activated or not is actually relevant. Its an ability which is what we already agreed. Its already been stated its an ability here.
    And we were saying whether Yukimura yipped Sanada or not doesnt prove he WAS serious. There is evidence to suggest he wasnt serious and evidence to suggest he was.
    But let me guess, whilst others on the forum have acknowledged both sides having evidence you ALONE believe there is no evidence right?
    (Your not a fanboy at all)

You ignorantly argued about Yips without even knowing how it worked lol.

Words to degrade him? They are just CHARACTERS not real ppl bro.
    I said he looked pathetic, big deal, you have used words to degrade Fuji, Yukimura and many others, it doesnt make you look like a moron whenever you do it.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

You two (Fayte and Airgrimes), calm down with the arguing a bit. I've always been fine with argument since it spurs conversation and debate. However, please keep it civil with the back and forth idiot and fanboy comments.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    You two (Fayte and Airgrimes), calm down with the arguing a bit. I've always been fine with argument since it spurs conversation and debate. However, please keep it civil with the back and forth idiot and fanboy comments.
    Erm.... He started it :P !

Nah im kidding. I apologize and I'll stop.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Explain that to me.
    The Yips is induced by having the opponent reach a certain state of mind; having them believe that no matter what the ball will be returned. For argument's sake, lets say that Sanada's supreme will, manifested in the form of the Black Aura, allowed him to break the Yips inflicted by Yukimura, and reflect it upon Yukimura himself, in some small way or form. Sanada is known to be able to hit 1,000 balls on the same line if he wanted to. He returned a shot from Yukimura while inflicted with the Yips, and could've possibly gave Yukimura the Yips. Yukimura did say "I was hoping to enjoy some tennis today." For all we know, Sanada's Yips, caused by the imposing Black Aura, could've taken away one of Yukimura's senses at the time, like his hearing or even his sight.

But, Yukimura would've probably said so, right? Not necessarily. After all, Yukimura did suffer from the Yips before, in the original PoT, IIRC. That, or Konomi wouldn't want to spoil it.

Why would Sanada cause the Yips just because he broke out of it, and not Echizen when he freed himself during the final Rikkai match? That was because Echizen induced PoP, so it was understandable. But, for Sanada to get out the Yips completely on his own could've been a total shock to Yukimura's system.

I don't feel like getting to technical, but please consider the possibility that Sanada may not be able to use the Yips, possibly in a different manner than Yukimura. If Yukimura's Yips is caused by Yukimura's presence, the so-called "World of Yukimura," then Sanada's may be caused by Sanada's presence, the "World of Sanada." The fact that Sanada is able to invoke the Black Aura outside of a tennis match (when the BJB returned) may also be proof of this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura's Yips are also present in his daily life. He yipped Inoue, the reporter, while speaking to him. Yukimura's presence makes you feel like that. I think BA yips you in a way because the fear it strikes into you.

As it's a very scary aura, and possibly gives you that fear, you're unable to move and can't react to the shots. Sure Yukimura was in a shock when that happened: "for a moment, Yukimura couldn't believe what he saw, that BA that engulfed Sanada and the sudden fear that went through his mind". Yukimura was scared as hell, he didn't expect that to happen and he knew he had to finish the match quickly to be ready if that Aura came again.

Maybe BA "yips" you in a way that you can't move due to the fear it strikes into you. Again, is just a theory, we can't really imagine what that aura possibly is.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Why would Sanada cause the Yips just because he broke out of it, and not Echizen when he freed himself during the final Rikkai match? That was because Echizen induced PoP, so it was understandable. But, for Sanada to get out the Yips completely on his own could've been a total shock to Yukimura's system.
    LOL he didnt ''cause'' Yips. He broke through it and it completely lifted his power and I imagine speed aswell and now it seems his power and speed is at an extremely high level.
    Yukimura wasnt yipped though. He could see, hear and feel perfectly. Remember he was staring around in disbelief thinking ''what was that?'' just like against Ryoma.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura's Yips are also present in his daily life. He yipped Inoue, the reporter,
    Do not consider that shit seriously. It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    LOL he didnt ''cause'' Yips. He broke through it and it completely lifted his power and I imagine speed aswell and now it seems his power and speed is at an extremely high level.
    Yukimura wasnt yipped though. He could see, hear and feel perfectly. Remember he was staring around in disbelief thinking ''what was that?'' just like against Ryoma.
    Respectfully, I'm not going to take this as an argument against my theory. Not substantial enough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Respectfully, I'm not going to take this as an argument against my theory. Not substantial enough.
    No no, I'm not kidding. Konomi says that in his Pair Puri lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No no, I'm not kidding. Konomi says that in his Pair Puri lol.
    The whole Inoue thing isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's obviously a play on the character's abilitites. It's just as jovial as that image Konomi drew of Nioh and Yanagi shooting Laser Beams from their eyes.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 02, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

fair enough, what Konomi has stated himself shouldn't be considered is what your saying right?

What on earth? You think Sanada blinded and deafened Yukimura? Coz that's what yips is in this series. No evidence to suggest Sanada blinded him.
    Sanada's Speed and Power stats lifted extremely beyond a level that Yukimura could keep yipped and that's all we've been shown. Nothing you wrote supports Sanada being able to produce the Yips effect.
    The reason those HSers were shitting themselves is coz they realized that Sanada w/ BA was beastly but not a situation where they were yipped, frozen unable to move or something like Yips.

Its not even Sanada's style to completely intimidate. He invites the opponent head-on and overwhelms them completely (from what we've been shown).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

it completely lifted his power and I imagine speed aswell and now it seems his power and speed is at an extremely high level.
    We don't even really know that to be honest. When you look at the previous pages, Yukimura was kinda absent minded at that point, maybe comparable to Fuji when he played against Akaya and got hit. So it could be that everyone was just surprised that Sanada was supposedly yipped but still managed to produce a normal shot (possibly serve, but that's not so important I guess).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    We don't even really know that to be honest. When you look at the previous pages, Yukimura was kinda absent minded at that point, maybe comparable to Fuji when he played against Akaya and got hit. So it could be that everyone was just surprised that Sanada was supposedly yipped but still managed to produce a normal shot (possibly serve, but that's not so important I guess).
    Fair point. What youve mentioned here also makes me look at the story differently lol. I really want Konomi to clear up what BA really does now. This thread has had loads of great point coming from all sides.

To say that Sanada's shot was just a normal shot is very unlikely however, considering it tore through the cage. For that reason Im assuming his power stat lifted. His power was so high that Yips no longer had him locked down enabling him to rally with Yukimura easily now without being pushed back at all.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To say that Sanada's shot was just a normal shot is very unlikely however, considering it tore through the cage. For that reason Im assuming his power stat lifted. His power was so high that Yips no longer had him locked down enabling him to rally with Yukimura easily now without being pushed back at all.
    I guess that's a fair point. At the moment I don't see any reason to assume anything beyond "breaking out of Yips" and a more powerful shot though.

Also since we didn't see the rest of the match, we can't really say whether he could keep up during the last two points.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

fair enough, what Konomi has stated himself shouldn't be considered is what your saying right?
    No, I didn't say that. I said, that little omake was just played for laughs, and nothing else.

Quote Quote:
    Its not even Sanada's style to completely intimidate. He invites the opponent head-on and overwhelms them completely (from what we've been shown).
    Wrong.

Sanada's style is not to invite the opponent head-on, but to challenge them head-on at their own game. If he's playing against an aggressive player, he'll get aggressive; if he's playing against a defensive player, he'll get defensive. If he's playing against a player who is willing to put everything on the line, then he will also put everything on the line, as shown in his game against Tezuka where he put the well-being of his knees on the table to match Tezuka's elbow. He's an even more extreme all-rounder than Echizen and Yukimura. And this, is all for the sake of victory and complete domination. Sanada's all about intimidation, ever since his, and Rikkai's, first appearance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    That's a stretch considering had it been a normal shot:

A) Yukimura would have returned it
    B) It wouldn't have cut Yukimura's headband
    C) It wouldn't have broken the fence
    D) It wouldn't have caused "fear."

Konomi doesn't break the law of newness. Whenever a character develops a new technique or aura, it will always raise their ability level.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast