Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Aura: A Logical Q & A

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Black Aura: A Logical Q & A

I've been noticing that this seems to be an elephant in the room in most discussions. Nobody wants to talk about it and everyone seems to think it is too mysterious. Let me answer some questions and confirm some myths so we can move on with our lives.

Q: Was Yukimura holding back against Sanada until the final point?
    Spoiler show

Q: Did Sanada really only use Black Aura for that one point?
    Spoiler show

Q: Is Yukimura's reaction to the Black Aura different than when he played Echizen's Pinnacle of Perfection?
    Spoiler show

Q: What is stronger between Black Aura and Pinnacle of Perfection?
    Spoiler show

Q: Would Yukimura have gone to the mountains if Black Aura lasted longer?
    Spoiler show

If you still have questions, I'll be happy to answer them in this post.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 26, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Aura: A Logical Q & A

Yukimura would have gone to the mountains if BA lasted longer?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Good call. This actually does deserve its own thread.

Maybe Yukimura made the rally longer so that he could Yip him early on.

Your a comedian if you believe BA had Yuki more feared than TMnK. He said he was gonna get serious when he saw BA. He only froze for one shot and even smiled a little. This guy is terrified? I think not. He seems prepared.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Yukimura was in a tearful state I dont even want to recall against TMnK.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yukimura would have gone to the mountains if BA lasted longer?
    My post is updated with your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Your a comedian if you believe BA had Yuki more feared than TMnK.
    Your problem is not with me, it's with Konomi. I'm not the one who had to point out "Yukimura was afraid" in the match with Sanada, and NOT in the match with Echizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    He said he was gonna get serious when he saw BA. He only froze for one shot and even smiled a little.
    What are you reading? Nowhere does he says he will get serious. He was already serious. He said he wasn't enjoying tennis anymore, that's it. Unless you don't believe you can be serious and enjoy tennis at the same time. Also, that was not a smile.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 26, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Your problem is not with me, it's with Konomi. I'm not the one who had to point out "Yukimura was afraid" in the match with Sanada, and NOT in the match with Echizen.
    Nothing implies he was ''more'' scared. Konomi had Yuki scared of BA, but its not like he was more scared of it than TMnK.

What are you reading? Nowhere does he says he will get serious. He was already serious. He said he wasn't enjoying tennis anymore, that's it. Unless you don't believe you can be serious and enjoy tennis at the same time. Also, that was not a smile.
    Konomi has implied he got more serious as we turn a page and Mr. Sanada is sent to the mountains.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...Fayte no offense but you've been a long time Sanada fan boy, so I'm trying not to read this with this bias but really...

Spoiler show

...this is just one opinion not fact, yet...I believe his statement is really just him admitting that he lost to Echizen's "fun" tennis and was trying it out himself with Sanada. Once Sanada showed BA, he decided he was stronger with his old no-fun tennis. Even then Sanada was already completely screwed being Yipped and what not. BA did not get him out of yips like TnK did. Otherwise it wouldn't have been 7-1.

TnK vs BA

Tnk at least is better than BA against yips as BA didn't get Sanada out of Yips where as Tnk did. Also, Echizen beat Yuki with TnK. Sanada did not beat Yuki with BA. We really cannot say anything about BA till we see more then one shot. Now had BA lasted longer it might've gotten him out of Yips but this is pure speculation as it did not happen.

Yuki's reaction was different but irrelevant as Sanada still got stomped.

Yes, Sanada used BA as it's something we defined ourselves. It's just the black aura around him we have no idea if it was incomplete or not though.

I'm still a fan of discussing BA when it comes out. With how much "power" levels have been fluctuating in SPoT at this time anything can happen.

I'm more of a fan that's its closer to Tachibana's Moujuu Aura or perhaps the next level of Moujuu. Either way, Konomi will tell us whenever he gets around to it. Which will be in 8 months after two more matches of Atobe.....no, I'm not bitter at all.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jyten View Post
    ...Fayte no offense but you've been a long time Sanada fan boy, so I'm trying not to read this with this bias but really......this is just one opinion not fact, yet...
    First of all, I am not a "Sanada fan boy," nor is any bias getting involved with my analysis. I am speaking entirely from a literary/mangaka point of view. Secondly, I never said any of my points were fact. I said they are logical conclusions.

Quote Quote:
    I believe his statement is really just him admitting that he lost to Echizen's "fun" tennis and was trying it out himself with Sanada. Once Sanada showed BA, he decided he was stronger with his old no-fun tennis.
    So you don't approve of my "not-facts" and you reply with your opinion that is even way more far fetched than mine? Where has it anywhere implied Yukimura was thinking of Echizen having fun playing tennis? It's nowhere. That is only what you WANT to believe. Yukimura was not stronger at the last point, he was the same. This is common knowledge.

Quote Quote:
    Even then Sanada was already completely screwed being Yipped and what not. BA did not get him out of yips like TnK did. Otherwise it wouldn't have been 7-1.
    Sanada DID break out of yips for that one point. Then he returned to being "out of it" mentally. That's why it was 7-1. That is borderline fact.

Quote Quote:
    Tnk at least is better than BA against yips as BA didn't get Sanada out of Yips where as Tnk did.
    Wrong.

Quote Quote:
    Also, Echizen beat Yuki with TnK. Sanada did not beat Yuki with BA. We really cannot say anything about BA till we see more then one shot. Now had BA lasted longer it might've gotten him out of Yips but this is pure speculation as it did not happen.
    What on EARTH are you talking about? It is FACT that Sanada broke out of the yips for that one point. How the hell else would he have GOTTEN the point? What you're saying is just absurd. Sanada didn't beat Yukimura with BA because it only lasted one point. *facepalm*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more of a fan that's its closer to Tachibana's Moujuu Aura or perhaps the next level of Moujuu. Either way, Konomi will tell us whenever he gets around to it. Which will be in 8 months after two more matches of Atobe.....no, I'm not bitter at all.
    8 months is assuming that Sanada is going right after this match. At the rate it's going right now, it's 3 months per match. That's 9 months in total for EACH 1st stringer match. This means 6 months left for Atobe match. And +9*n. n Being number of 1st stringer match before Sanada step out.

Man, I'm losing hope.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As for one of your arguments regarding whether or not Yukimura was holding back: I don't think that Yukimura has control over which senses he "takes." It's not as if he's controlling the opponent's sensory functions. They just randomly go one by one or all at the same time.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    As for one of your arguments regarding whether or not Yukimura was holding back: I don't think that Yukimura has control over which senses he "takes." It's not as if he's controlling the opponent's sensory functions. They just randomly go one by one or all at the same time.
    Pair Puri prove otherwise, though. It shows that Yukimura can take away people taste at will. Although, admittedly, it's just a joke XD.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So you don't approve of my "not-facts" and you reply with your opinion that is even way more far fetched than mine? Where has it anywhere implied Yukimura was thinking of Echizen having fun playing tennis? It's nowhere. That is only what you WANT to believe. Yukimura was not stronger at the last point, he was the same. This is common knowledge.
    Its what YOU want to believe.
    Yukimura did not look like he was attacking like he seemed once Sanada was blind, or during his match against Ryoma. I honestly dont think they were truly equal in the rally for the first point. Lets be honest, when someone is relaxed and talking while your giving them your finishing shots, it means they are not that serious in this series.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada DID break out of yips for that one point. Then he returned to being "out of it" mentally. That's why it was 7-1. That is borderline fact.

What on EARTH are you talking about? It is FACT that Sanada broke out of the yips for that one point. How the hell else would he have GOTTEN the point? What you're saying is just absurd. Sanada didn't beat Yukimura with BA because it only lasted one point. *facepalm*
    Meh, he might've broken out of Yips as he retained his senses since he could serve right after. Or at least it looks like it either way, but BA was just 1 point. You're speculating too much.

Also, you can easily take 1 point by just aiming for a spot on the opposing side and hitting as hard as you can. Someone like Sanada can probably easily hit a ball like that a thousand times with out his senses. Given how much he practices. It's freaking muscle memory at that point. This is not an absurd statement.

The only reason I'm giving you anything is that he seems to serve at least once afterwards.

But in my mind Tnk > BA still. So, you can believe what you want but at the moment we've seen jack of BA. We don't know the limits of what it can do or how long Sanada can sustain it. 1 shot simply isn't enough to make any real analysis on.

Also, Yuki was beaten by Echizen playing fun tennis that's how TnK even works and he knew he was losing to fun tennis by the third to the last chapter. Tnk broke his law of kings as Yuki. It's not a far fetched idea to try out the "move" that beat you. Nearly all high level play does this in nearly all fields. Yuki not doing it is more weird.

...and the fact that your still harping about BA after like what 3 ish years (second time we saw it doesn't count as he did nothing). Makes you look suspiciously like a Sanada fanboy if anything.

If anything we should be discussing more of the limits of AK, or the limits of whatever version of Yips Yuki used against Fuwa,. I know we tried to figure out GUYU a while back too. Either way, all of these moves have far more recent data.
    Last edited by Jyten; April 26, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, he might've broken out of Yips as he retained his senses since he could serve right after. Or at least it looks like it either way, but BA was just 1 point. You're speculating too much.

Also, you can easily take 1 point by just aiming for a spot on the opposing side and hitting as hard as you can. Someone like Sanada can probably easily hit a ball like that a thousand times with out his senses. Given how much he practices. It's freaking muscle memory at that point. This is not an absurd statement.
    Again, your hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Quote:
    But in my mind Tnk > BA still. So, you can believe what you want but at the moment we've seen jack of BA. We don't know the limits of what it can do or how long Sanada can sustain it. 1 shot simply isn't enough to make any real analysis on.
    There we go again.

Quote Quote:
    ...and the fact that your still harping about BA after like what 3 ish years (second time we saw it doesn't count as he did nothing). Makes you look suspiciously like a Sanada fanboy if anything.
    I guess the rest of the people on this forum are Sanada fanboys too, because their constant reference to BA is the reason I made this topic. But hey, I guess we can take the illogical route and say I'm a fanboy instead. That'll do the trick.

Quote Quote:
    If anything we should be discussing more of the limits of AK, or the limits of whatever version of Yips Yuki used against Fuwa,. I know we tried to figure out GUYU a while back too. Either way, all of these moves have far more recent data.
    Okay, go for it. Make your topic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe Kingdom, contrary to popular belief, is not actually Atobe gaining X-Ray vision. He just gains extreme insight and Konomi artistically expresses that by showing the opponent's bones. Yes, I must point this out because there are people who actually believe that he gained X-Ray vision.

I don't even think Yukimura inflicted the Yips onto Fuwa. Rather, they just played a regular game and Yukimura's returns were just too much, causing Fuwa to collapse. Yukimura is probably gonna have winning curb-stomp battles in the future.

Illusion to a Waking Dream is Yamamoto using the opponent's habits against them, thinking that the ball will go somewhere when it's actually . . . somewhere else. Son of a bitch, he's so clever. I think Kamikakushi still beats it.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe Kingdom, contrary to popular belief, is not actually Atobe gaining X-Ray vision. He just gains extreme insight and Konomi artistically expresses that by showing the opponent's bones. Yes, I must point this out because there are people who actually believe that he gained X-Ray vision.
    Irie, with his "Understanding" disagree. Here,

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/44/3

Irie can see through the heart. This is probably accurate to a certain extent. So, to support seeing Skeleton, we had the manga itself showing Atobe looking at his opponents skeleton and Irie's thought to support it. I don't think it's fair to make that assumption.

Illusion to a Waking Dream is Yamamoto using the opponent's habits against them, thinking that the ball will go somewhere when it's actually . . . somewhere else. Son of a bitch, he's so clever. I think Kamikakushi still beats it.
    Kamikakushi doesn't beat it. Tezuka and Chitose were going back and forth with Kamikakushi forever. However, Tezuka had more trouble with GUYU. That suggest to me GUYU is stronger than Kamikakushi.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast