Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 70 Discussion

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves 70 Spoiler Thread

So then... What Shioon'll get is just a new & improved version of the pill?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that one moon guy will give the doc an idea as to how to make the medicine. Because right now the medicine is like a firecracker. But what we need is something that acts like a sun and can burn for a long time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is it just me or is this gearing up to be the end of part 2 and on to part 3 part 1 ended in a dramatic fashion with him having his ki center destroyed and being introduce to the murim world and this one is gearing up to the same direction with shiwoon getting his ki back and shino coming back to life or whatever here name is
    Last edited by blennz; May 04, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Be has any intention of fulling restoring ShiWoon's ki. At the moment, he trades pills for ShiWoon's blood. If ShiWoon's ki is restored, then no more trades, yeah? Sure, he might experiment around, maybe make a pill that lasts a bit longer or gives more strength. But if he does, it probably won't be for ShiWoon's sake, but rather for himself, whether it be a more effective way of getting ShiWoon to pay up for to sate his own curiosity.

The impression I got from Be from this chapter is that he's part mad scientist, part drug dealer. He doesn't see ShiWoon as a person, but rather as a convenient and interesting thing that provides him a special ingredient he can use to further his medicine making. He appears proud of his pill, he states that "there's nobody in the world who can stop once they've fallen for the charm of my pill." Which is a colorful way of saying it's addictive. It has to be. It grants you shittons of power... but only for a short while. Once you're out, you need it, because you feel weak without it. And ShiWoon's fallen for that trap. He's grown to rely on the pill because without it he has no way of using his ki. He burns through them quickly; he uses them to fight, to train (at least that's the impression I'm getting), etc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad, I was kinda hoping the doc would pull through, but he turns out to be an asshole. Now we can't trust anything he said about Shioon's ki-center, because he might've lied to keep the blood coming.

I wish Shioon would've taken Sera's lessons to heart and question why the guy is helping him.
    Last edited by Bludvein; May 04, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    Too bad, I was kinda hoping the doc would pull through, but he turns out to be an asshole. Now we can't trust anything he said about Shioon's ki-center, because he might've lied to keep the blood coming.

I wish Shioon would've taken Sera's lessons to heart and question why the guy is helping him.
    Sure sounds like he's intentionally trying to keep Shioon as his cash cow and that Shioon might've already obtained a permantent solution to his ki-problem had the doctor been of the more honest sort.

... Makes me wonder whether Sera knows this or not though (her clan did copy the pills, so they might've caught on)...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of getting boring. Instead of going further with the story and the upcoming conflict between Shiwoon/Sun Woo and SUC the author integrates another subplot which complicates the story unnecessarily. The story was really prepared good til a certain point, Shiwoon despairing because of his weakness and a glimpse of what challenge he had to overcome, namely the same as his master not to succumb to the darkness with which revenge can tempt you with. The BHT was/is basically an embodiment of this darkness. Now though, we have to deal with a stupid idiot who is supposed to be the this bigshot and master plotter of New Waves (smugface )and a doctor who will literally drain the life out of our protagonist. Shiwoon on the other hand is as naive as ever, never doubting the hand that reaches to him to help. I just hope the author can overcome this low point of storytelling and connect to the ways of Breaker 1.
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; May 04, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

>hoping that shion will man up
    >hoping that this "pills arc" to move on
    >hoping that his mother will get better
    >hoping that there will be action next chapter
    >hoping that shion will finally kick some ass
    >hoping that there will be no break this week
    >hoping that his ki center will be fixd
    >hoping for "that" medicine
    >hoping for dead people to stay dead
    >hoping for more pages
    >hoping for harem ending

70 chapters huh...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say Shion needs to man up. It's more like he's manning up but his shattered Ki center means he's severely hamstrung in how much he can "man up".

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 70 Discussion / 71 Predictions

i have a feeling they will capture shwoon next chapter and try and take all his blood thus trying to kill him. i thought the doctor was actually trying to help shwoon get his ki repaired but now it seems he is using him to try and get his blood.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bamf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misogum View Post
    breaker nw 70 a-team
    sendspace.com/file/54pcrt
    Dislike.

Anyways, I'm very interested as to what is going on here: http://mangafox.me/manga/the_breaker...es/c070/7.html
    Thoughts?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member toodlydo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamf View Post
    Dislike.

Anyways, I'm very interested as to what is going on here: http://mangafox.me/manga/the_breaker...es/c070/7.html
    Thoughts?
    I think it is just Shioon crying in despair of being helpless and having to depend on others for his own safety. He started as a disciple to 9AD just to avoid such situation and now he is in a worse situation than where he started. He cannot help himself let alone others, all while carrying a responsibility like being a Gaju.
    Breaker Artist's Blog's Official RSS Feed: here
    Breaker2's Official Release RSS Feed: here
    Breaker2 RAWs: here
    Naver Browser: here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope he destroyed the floor and mad the whole building collapse which is why we don't see him anymore. well so much for holding out hope with the whacked out doc. the question is has Shioon been practicing the BHT? I bet he hasn't.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

either this doc will have a change of heart and finally help shiiwoon, because i think he can make a permanent pill but don't wanna...OR he'll help shiwoon inderectly by sucking him dry leaving the spirit med already inside shiwoon to repair his ki center(wishfull thinking lol)

i mean something's gotta give..shiwoon has to have a way to fix this problem right now before part 3...i just can't see what else can help him...unless kwon secretly follows him to the doc and then threathens the doc to make a permanent pill lols! because we know kwon's been wondering how the kids bee doing martial arts since a while...and after all that just happened he might be keeping very close watch..

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast