Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post

...even beelzebub "tanked" after the hilda arc to the bottom...gintama looks like to feel wrath of the fans..
    Beelzebub and Gintama are really, really unpredictable when it comes into TOC matters. As Teeba said, Beelzebub ranked really high (third) when the chapter is a setup chapter but ranked really low when the story goes into "battle" mode. While with Gintama, the chapter which got the first position this year is the cliffhanger during Suzuran arc, when the story went to the main plot. Both of them are hard to predict why or when they are gonna be ranked so low or high by the fans, at least until now.

-------------------------

Yay for Nisekoi! Now I can say that it is a really successful series. The 2nd place is unexpected, but what amazes me more is how Reborn took a giant leap from the bottom 5 to the top 5 this week.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Assassination Classroom in second again? Wow they're really advertising it like crazy, I hope that's a good sign. The series deserves some good rankings~

I may repeat myself but Nisekoi at 2nd place and Haikyuu at fourth is just awesome, especially happy for Nisekoi. At this point it seems safe to say that the series will be pretty successful.
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up about Assassination Classroom. The editors also placed Bulge in the top five, that does not appear to have worked out to well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up about Assassination Classroom. The editors also placed Bulge in the top five, that does not appear to have worked out to well.
    my guess is that mangas by previously published mangakas get this treatment. that assassin is even now in the top5 each time shows in my opninion the difference with bulge, which never was so long in the top5. also the internet resonance scale posted here once in a while show many people at least are interested in it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great top this would be if Reborn and Gintama had their places exchanged.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Assassination Classroom in second again? Wow they're really advertising it like crazy, I hope that's a good sign. The series deserves some good rankings~

I may repeat myself but Nisekoi at 2nd place and Haikyuu at fourth is just awesome, especially happy for Nisekoi. At this point it seems safe to say that the series will be pretty successful.
    Nisekoi is 1st i think
    since OP is absent 8 weeks ago?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Haato's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...Seeing Medaka consistently in the bottom is really starting to sadden me...I'm really hoping it'll get higher soon :<
    「♥」

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Three times hooray for Kurogane! Things seem to be better, hopefully it will last. I'm kind of looking forward to the capters from cca 8 weeks ago, if scanlations ever reach them.

Bleach, oh jeez, I'm not even commenting on that I guess. Not deserved, it really isn't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Medaka's anime started airing somewhen around the time Kuroko's did too, right? Interesting how Kuroko has become quite a hit and Medaka stays lingering quite low, and I haven't heared its sales went much up? I've heard good things about Medaka Box (I don't read it), I didn't think it wouldn't become more popular.

ex oriente lux

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

8 weeks ago for Gintama would be....the beginning of the Obi Won arc? I'm not surprised....honestly I wasn't crazy about this arc, nor was I really enthused about the Suzuran arc. I'm glad Gintama ranked highly because of it though, since I was getting tired of serious arcs getting trash rankings, but as an arc itself it wasn't that great. Still the fact that Gintama doesn't have a reserved place in the bottom five post-anime is impressive enough. We've seen what happens to series after their anime end....

Assassination is ranking high and I'm loving it. I figure the fact that Matsui has been in here before helps, but I want to think it's because it's a genuinely good series. I really need to start reading Beelze again, I've heard nothing but good things since the Hilda loses her memory arc (where I stopped.) Sket as well. It's funny how Sket's anime hasn't really boosted it's sales much.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Medaka's anime started airing somewhen around the time Kuroko's did too, right? Interesting how Kuroko has become quite a hit and Medaka stays lingering quite low, and I haven't heared its sales went much up? I've heard good things about Medaka Box (I don't read it), I didn't think it wouldn't become more popular.
    Probably has two reasons:

1. The real stuff is only about to start at the second season, together with the biiiiig favourite of nearly every fan. A lot of people didn't like the beginning (I did though) so I guess the second season will decide if there will be a boost.

2. Gainax did a way worse job than I.G. Production. I actually prefer the manga over the first season and I hope Gainax will do better with the second season. A lot of people probably expected more from them that's why the first season was a disappointment for the most.

Medaka Box's rankings differ a lot anyway, f.ex. nearly every chapter that favourite character appears ranks high.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good rankings except for Bleach and Gintama. I hope Bleach pulls a Reborn and leaves the bottom 5 next week.

Quick question, does Jump sell as much as it did when DBZ, YYH and Ruronin Kenshin were in the magazine? I know that was called the golden age of jump by fans and that circulation was really high but does anyone know the exact difference?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

good week, i don't like how both Bleach and gintama are so low. but Toriko being out of the top 5 is great though
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Quick question, does Jump sell as much as it did when DBZ, YYH and Ruronin Kenshin were in the magazine? I know that was called the golden age of jump by fans and that circulation was really high but does anyone know the exact difference?
    Yup, just take a look at this:

Back in the so called "Golden Age" Jump sold a damn lot more. Not sure about the exact sales but it sold around 6.5 million copies at it's peak and sold less and less since 1995. Sales starting to drop drastically and even though it's probably safe to assume that it had something to do with the end of Dragon Ball it never recovered, despite producing new "hits". Nowadays circulation is a bit below the 3 million mark, which still makes it the most selling manga magazine in Japan but the difference between the "Golden Age" and today is vast: 3,5~ million.

Some expected Jump's sales to drop even more but it stabilized around that mark in the last few years.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That must have been a good Reborn chapter. I'm sure it'll be back home with Bleach in a few weeks though.

I'm surprised Kurogane is making a comeback. It's definitely safe for the next few months if Pajama and Bulge are canceled. And Takama/Koisome will probably tank too, so I think Kurogane is probably safe for the rest of the year.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    good week, i don't like how both Bleach and gintama are so low. but Toriko being out of the top 5 is great though
    Actually toriko is within top 5

Quote Quote:
    Jump Issue #38 TOC
    1-> One Piece
    2->Nisekoi
    3->Reborn!
    4->Haikyuu!!
    5->Toriko
    6->Kuroko no Basket
    7->Sket Dance
    8->Kochikame
    9->Kurogane
    10->Koisome Momiji
    11->Beelzebub
    12->Gintama
    13->Bleach
    14->Medaka Box
    15->Sensei no Bulge
    16->Pajama na Kanojo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lutzinho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Issue will be the first one where Assassination Classroom will be ranked,right? I'm really excited to see where it's placed.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast