Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 33 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

  1. #481
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Perhaps, Drmke, perhaps. We've all discussed these issues before, and we're really not going to change our opinions on these issues. I didn't take part in the discussion this time around, but we've seen it lately in the Sensei no Bulge thread and we saw it in the Nisekoi thread, as well as other places.

    Perhaps taking a break and relaxing for a bit, without getting worked up, would be better.

  2. #482
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Hey guys, I've been asleep for the past few hours so I'm not sure whats been happening but the TOC Negative posted is 100% legit incase anyone is still doubting it. Here it is again but just prettied up a bit and a little bit more information added.


    Jump Issue #27 TOC
    Bleach (Cover, Lead CP)
    Toriko
    One Piece
    Gintama
    Naruto
    Koganeiro (Center Colour, Mini Series, 31pg.) <- Artist of Onani Master Kurosawa
    Haikyuu!!
    Sensei no Bulge (23pg.)
    Koisome Momiji
    Kurogane (Center Colour)
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Nisekoi
    Beelzebub
    Sket Dance
    Nurarihyon no Mago (Center Colour, Character Popularity Contest Results)
    Kochikame
    Medaka Box
    Kuroko no Bakset
    Reborn!
    Pajama na Kanojo
    Magico
    Inumaru Dashi (END)

    Jump Issue #28 Information
    Cover: Nisekoi
    Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
    Center Colour: Nisekoi, Haikyuu!!, Bleach
    Absent: Gintama

    Jump Issue #29 Information
    END: Koganeiro

    Random Information
    - Nisekoi volume 1 was finally restocked on Amazon. It has been one day but since the restocking and its sales have had a massive increase and it is now outselling One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach (on Amazon only -.-)

    - Pajama na Kanojo volume 1 is doing really well in early pre-orders. Probably around the same level as Harisugawa

    - Haikyuu volume 1 is also doing really well in early pre-orders. It isn't doing as good as Pajama but is still doing really good (better than Magico atleast)

    - Nisekoi volume 2 has been doing exceptionally well with its pre-orders, especially the last 3 days. For some random reason, Nisekoi suddenly skyrocketed 4 days ago and has been constanly out pre-ordering the other series that will be releasing the same day as it: Gintama, Nurarihyon, Medaka Box, Toriko and Kuroko.
    Last edited by Zeromcd; May 30, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

  3. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #483
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    There's a reason why I plead users to use the "topic" thread for re-occurring topics. The discussion here isn't structured for topics[content of chapter] and has a magnitude more pages than the typical chapter discussion. Have fun searching for a post with "end" in it. Or did you feel addressed, because your own words "Pajama first chapters did not really interested me so I stopped reading it rapidly. Nisekoi also tired me. I guess I'm not a jump romcom guy. So I'm not really looking for a 3d one. " Well, I never did in this matter until you quoted me. Let's forget about the word hate and exchange it with unfounded negativism towards the length of romance series. It doesn't matter if it's one, two or a dozen posts like that, it's the assertion on the genre that's annoying.
    Why should I feel addressed about what I wrote. Are my comments negative toward a genre ? Do you assume that I don't like romance ? Sorry to disappoint you but I have contributed to several thread of the Shoujo/Josei forum. One of the last thread I created in the manhwa section is about a romance. I've restarted to read Daisy and I'm having fun.
    You said today "Do users have to repeat that garbage about short, stagnant romance manga every couple of weeks? ". I just answer you that nobody made such comments recently so I didn't understand where this romance hater crusade comes from.
    Quote Quote:
    So the point is that they push romance? They do that after a long lasting drought of those, is this a reason to be so negative about them? Will that enable me to badmouth the other genre when we only get action or comedy next time? I think it's only fair to have one third of new series to be partly romance. Kaiten has a better recollection of those posts as seen above.
    The negative comments I recalled about romance were about the excessive amount of this genre in the new Jump serie lately. Nothing else. Though I don't think you can call that badmouthing a genre, you can continue to misinterpret what I wrote to off topic subjects like the good number of romance manga Jump should have.
    Last edited by k-dom; May 30, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

  5. #484
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Call it crusade if you like, hate may sound to sharp, but it was you who said I invented those posts, while we have other users testify that those exist. Nor did I asume that you don't like shoujo/josei, I simply asked why you're so intent about this topic/my post.

    You recall only these, I recall it being degraded to shortness because of the series genre. And when I'm talking about the amount of romance manga, the only negative thing you seem to recall, it's off-topic. :W

    Let's agree to disagree.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  6. #485
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I wanted to ask a question ...

    you know how many copies are sold on average on amazon? (percentages compared to the total)

  7. #486
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Yeah, the discussion about series with romance and love which is one of the best things in life
    and can serve as a channel for teaching many lessons to teenagers should end is really interesting.
    Except that it is not.
    Funny how people think that romance is destined to fail, did you guys fall out of love a hundred times or something?
    Love...is a beautiful journey
    Eh, whatever, just ignore me and keep on going about the statistics when we all know that Nisekoi is doing well.

    Bleach getting cp again? Okaaay but can kubo not do stuff like this? I mean, that's a waste of a color page.
    I totally agree about what Kaiten said about naruto a few pages there, and now it seems to be even dragging out further and the possibility of moving between fights again
    Gintama...can't wait to see that arc animated. Beelzebub seems to be like it's going to be safe for a while since Tamura got back to comedy, I'm fine with that.

  8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #487
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    August Scheduled Jump Comic Releases
    - Kochikame #181
    - One Piece #67
    - Beelzebub #17
    - Magico #07
    - Haikyuu!! #02
    - Pajama na Kanojo #02

  10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #488
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    August Scheduled Jump Comic Releases
    - Kochikame #181
    - One Piece #67
    - Beelzebub #17
    - Magico #07
    - Haikyuu!! #02
    - Pajama na Kanojo #02
    Minor correction, isn't that supposed to be Beelzebub #16?

    --------------

    Woah. Nisekoi getting a lead CP. For a new series, it is fast.
    Last edited by Doraku; May 30, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

  12. #489
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Minor correction, isn't that supposed to be Beelzebub #16?
    Nope, it's right. Beelzebub #16 will be released in 4 days.

  13. #490
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Bleach getting cp again? Okaaay but can kubo not do stuff like this? I mean, that's a waste of a color page.
    I disagree since the 2nd color page has all 13 Captains which makes up for it. Besides the color page shows us important things like the fact thats it daytime as the attack starts and the pillars of Reiastsu have a nice whitish blue tint imo.

  14. #491
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bengije's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Wow, good job on sales Nisekoi! I think that's a very good and refreshing story!
    I didn't understand why the rank fell a little. I thought 27 was a very good chapter.

  15. #492
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gananime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    India
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Woah. Nisekoi getting a lead CP. For a new series, it is fast.
    Nisekoi is not getting a lead CP.It's getting the cover and CP.
    Kuroko is getting the lead CP (as posted by Zeromcd and Negative)

    I wonder how a series having a cover doesnt feature the lead CP...

  16. #493
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Estranho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by gananime View Post
    I wonder how a series having a cover doesnt feature the lead CP...
    More common than you think. It's not uncommon a more popular series "steal" the cover of a less popular series that gets the Lead CP.

  17. #494
    Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Asuka0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    China
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Estranho View Post
    More common than you think. It's not uncommon a more popular series "steal" the cover of a less popular series that gets the Lead CP.
    Since when Nise became more popular than Bleach?

  18. #495
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Call it crusade if you like, hate may sound to sharp, but it was you who said I invented those posts, while we have other users testify that those exist. Nor did I asume that you don't like shoujo/josei, I simply asked why you're so intent about this topic/my post.

    You recall only these, I recall it being degraded to shortness because of the series genre. And when I'm talking about the amount of romance manga, the only negative thing you seem to recall, it's off-topic. :W

    Let's agree to disagree.
    I kept insisting because you kept evading or modifying what I said, that is all. For the hundredth time, there was no negative comments recently that justify such a complaint, so yes you invented it. Don't hide behind users and things which happened age ago please. These users are only Kaiten, and he spoke about chapter 1 of Nisekoi, I'm talking about yesterday.
    And yes, the amount of romance in Jump is off-topic because nobody complained about the global amount of romance in Jump. Only about the number of romance in the new series.
    And if I may had, Nisekoi is not degraded to shortness because it is a romance but because it is a manga based on a misunderstanding (at least from what i read). I don't say that manga based under misunderstanding are always short, there are some pretty long one, but it's true that they tend to be comedy which I thought was what matto had in mind when he wrote his posts but only him can tell if I'm right.

    That's my last point on that subject if it can reassure you.
    Last edited by k-dom; May 31, 2012 at 02:14 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 33 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts