Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    Ooh. Pakky's DEAD dead.
    not that unexpected, just really fast than most of us thought it would. guess they have enough new series to start.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wintercry View Post
    You misunderstood me there. What I meant was it is not ending but slowly laying the foundation to its end instead, hence the final arc. That is contrary to Kubo's wishing for it to last another 10 year. Also, I never said it ending anytime soon.
    Why does everybody remember that comment of his but nobody remembers what he said before that one which stated "After this arc, I plan to have a small arc and than a big final arc" and which ended up coming true? The 10 years comment was either just a joke or him stating that he COULD go for 10 more years thanks to sales.

The fact that we are entering the final arc is Kubo's decision, not WSJ's (who would actually prefer that it went on as long as possible).

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the hub bub about Bleach being ranked so low anymore. To a fan like, yeah it blows, so what? It's not like its going anywhere anytime soon. Odd seeing One Piece not in the top 3, like its going to be there for long. So Pakky is ending huh? Another one bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I was not actually referring to the TOC though, which is why my post never mentioned the TOC. Prior to my post there was some discussion of how much better Gintama is than this manga, that manga, and Bleach. I was merely pointing out that comparing two manga that have virtually nothing in common is a bit silly.The appeal of each towards their respective fans is different enough that conversation between is somewhat pointless.
    So true Kaiten, so true.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

with around 400-500k sales more than new series is bleach nowhere near of being cancled as long as kubo don't want to end it itself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
    Why does everybody remember that comment of his but nobody remembers what he said before that one which stated "After this arc, I plan to have a small arc and than a big final arc" and which ended up coming true? The 10 years comment was either just a joke or him stating that he COULD go for 10 more years thanks to sales.

The fact that we are entering the final arc is Kubo's decision, not WSJ's (who would actually prefer that it went on as long as possible).
    You also don't have concrete proof that it was Kubo's decision. My statement only focus on possibility. That is why I used might've instead of a direct remark. Read what I wrote again with this in mind, and you'll think of it more as an opinion rather than a direct saying.

Gintama is more interesting than Bleach. Especially the current arc; every chapter is hands down amazing. Also, you never know, Kubo wished for Bleach to stay at least 10 more years, but it has now enter its final arc. I agree with Kewl, the editors might've tried to get him to end it faster for a new series.
    Last edited by wintercry; April 28, 2012 at 07:44 AM.

Negative Syndicate

You also don't have proof that it was Kubo's decision. My statement only focus on possibility. That is why I used might've instead of a direct remark. Read what I wrote again with this in mind, and you'll think of it more as an opinion rather than a direct saying.
    Even you stated as possiblity, I don't think the editors are might've tyring to end Bleach fast because there is absolutely no reason for it. Its ranking did decrease, but Bleach is still one of highest selling manga series in Bleach; it is good for a business.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that is why it's called possibility.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the current arc in bleach has a lot of potential and will be as long as the hueco mundo arc. despite the fact that i loving it for all the german references. "vadenreich", "stern ritter", "letzt still", "heilig pfeil", "vollständig" ...

does kubo has some hidden language talent or why is he so obsessed in naming things in different forgein languages?
    Last edited by Asgaroth; April 28, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You also don't have concrete proof that it was Kubo's decision. My statement only focus on possibility. That is why I used might've instead of a direct remark. Read what I wrote again with this in mind, and you'll think of it more as an opinion rather than a direct saying.
    And I am negating the "Kubo wanted to do it for 10 years" part of comment with a likely possibility that it all went as planned. The "10 years statement" is more likely to be WSJ's wish than the one I mentioned, especially in current situation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
    And I am negating the "Kubo wanted to do it for 10 years" part of comment with a likely possibility that it all went as planned. The "10 years statement" is more likely to be WSJ's wish than the one I mentioned, especially in current situation.
    I didn't quite get what you mean there. Or rather if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough (Both what I wrote and what you replied). Also, if it's like you said "WSJ's wish", then why is Kubo the one who said it?

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    i think the current arc in bleach has a lot of potential and will be as long as the hueco mundo arc. despite the fact that i loving it for all the german references. "vadenreich", "stern ritter", "letzt still", "heilig pfeil", "vollständig" ...

does kubo has some hidden language talent or why is he so obsessed in naming things in different forgein languages?
    This is a much more interesting topic; I remember Kubo's Why me sad because of it.
    Last edited by wintercry; April 28, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a much more interesting topic; I remember Kubo's Why me sad because of it.
    i can guarantee you that is german isn't much better but nonetheless i like it. i als liked the bleach filler arc about the Bounto who said ancient magic spells in german. maybe there is a connection to the vadenreich? xD

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

2 volumes of a Bleach novel will be released in june. "Narita Ryohgo (DRRR!) and Honey Dish Rhapsody and Matsubara Makoto are doing novels for Bleach."
    Bleach is more than safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    村正 ◆jPpg5.obl6 posted these images.

Quote Originally Posted by verduister View Post
    ^ It's about the upcoming BLEACH novel "Spirits Are Forever With You". The novel is divided into 2 volumes.
    I think it says Volume 55 and the novel will be released simultaneously on June 4th.

The text on the 2nd page seems to be a small sample of the novel.

(More info about the novel can be found on deathberry.)

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone seriously worried that Bleach will end? It's position in the ToC seems rather low as of lately, but it's still a really big seller. Unless the series suddenly drops to the bottom of the ToC and stays there, and the volume sales drop substantially, I really can't see it ending. Plus the recent arc has actually been pretty good when compared to the last one. And the pacing is actually pretty fast by Bleach standards.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost bottom 5 for Bleach in real TOC. >.<^ I guess its because of all the series getting color pages that usually rank lower. "Bad Recognition" (chap 482) was a decent chapter.

Kubo was probably late on his deadline since we only got 16 pages this week so if editors really choose how the Toc is ranked they might have ranked him lower for that. Aw well, its only once so far, though I'm worried about Reborn! being in the bottom 5 for 2 weeks now. Still Reborn! sells a lot of volumes like Bleach.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see a mix-up in the TOC so I don't care which series it is, it's nice to have something beat OP and Naruto for a change.

Bleach has been in the bottom before so I don't think its low rankings will hurt it.

And good bye, Pakky even though I honestly forgot about its existence.]

EDIT: It's sad that I expect Mago to be low every week. ;_______;
    Last edited by Asarii; April 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast