Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WilliamK's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

I agree with them being unranked and their position being unofficial for being bumped up higher for being a new series and all, but scoring lower than average for being a new series (especially at chapter 3) just screams that it means something... I dunno, it would be interesting if someone could get data on the first 8 unofficial rankings of "flunked" series like Lock On, Swot, Dois Sol(?), Oumagodoki(?), Ikkyu and Sengoku Amours and then see if there's a pattern in the earlier first rankings.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I'm not worried about Gin. In fact this is a good thing if the ranking is indeed for chapter 400. It means the Japanese are finally accepting Gintama serious arcs and don't want Bobobo with samurai. The series was consistently high during the Suzuran arc, and while I think the story had it's issues during the run it was a very good with quite a few revelations. It's not my favorite arc of Gintama by far, but it was quite good.

As for being confused on rankings, I neither understand why Naruto is so high or why people like it, but I at least don't start flame wars by stating my vehement and seething hatred for the series openly. Whoops, guess I sorta just did. Oh well, to the bandwagon! I despise Naruto and want it on the bottom five like now. Even better! Cancel it next week despite the sales of the series being pretty decent. All because I, an insignficant overseas fan thinks it's the asscrack of WSJ. ROFTL.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; July 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

3. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Eh, I'm not worried about Gin. In fact this is a good thing if the ranking is indeed for chapter 400. It means the Japanese are finally accepting Gintama serious arcs and don't want Bobobo with samurai. The series was consistently high during the Suzuran arc, and while I think the story had it's issues during the run it was a very good with quite a few revelations. It's not my favorite arc of Gintama by far, but it was quite good.

As for being confused on rankings, I neither understand why Naruto is so high or why people like it but I at least don't start flame wars by saying it openly. Whoops, guess I sorta just did. Oh well, on the bandwagon I go. I despise Naruto and want it on the bottom five like now, ROFTL
    actually you do say it, A LOT that's why many chose to ignore every single one of your posts so it's okay i guess you may say whatever you would like

on another note great cover. one of the best i've ever seen . maybe because i like the idea of the movie either way can't wait for next weeks cover
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    actually you do say it, A LOT that's why many chose to ignore every single one of your posts so it's okay i guess you may say whatever you would like

on another note great cover. one of the best i've ever seen . maybe because i like the idea of the movie either way can't wait for next weeks cover
    I'm simply pointing out how silly it is for people to say they wish something would die just because they don't like it. :-/ I am fully aware that I say how much I dislike Naruto quite often. I'm glad you ignore my posts though, since as a fan of the series you shouldn't pay me any mind anyway. I suppose my sarcasm isn't for everyone~
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    So glad to see Nisekoi rank in the top five again this week.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Do we really need to have this conversation again? They are new series, less than eight chapters old. The editors placed them, like they do every new series.
    Again? I only asked this one time because I was confused lol. Thats a stupid rule imo. Less than 8 chapters... Might as well leave them at the very bottom if they aren't really ranked.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    I'm simply pointing out how silly it is for people to say they wish something would die just because they don't like it. :-/ I am fully aware that I say how much I dislike Naruto quite often. I'm glad you ignore my posts though, since as a fan of the series you shouldn't pay me any mind anyway. I suppose my sarcasm isn't for everyone~
    i see you edited your post to cover some of the " hate/anger " initially intended so it would seem as if you are being sarcastic , anyway it's not sarcasm that we don't get. it's just ironic that someone who says " how much he dislikes " a certain series "quite ofte"n can give others tips on how to avoid flame wars
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i see you edited your post to cover some of the " hate/anger " initially intended so it would seem as if you are being sarcastic , anyway it's not sarcasm that we don't get. it's just ironic that someone who says " how much he dislikes " a certain series "quite ofte"n can give others tips on how to avoid flame wars
    Um...no, actually I edited the post and made it more over the top just to illustrate a point. It's actually worse now than what it was before.

And I seriously rarely comment in this thread, it's just today that things were getting a bit obnoxious.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Avoiding all of the ranking issues (we can freely say that we don't understand a series ranking without it being an attempt to flame , although people do use it that way at times), how can you be interested in a Naruto movie? They're all just as lackluster as the next...

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

bomber you translate my second favorite manga and i respect you, but your comments have always been the same when it comes to Naruto so it's not about today.

anyway hating a series or loving it , i couldn't care less about that i just wanted to point out that you do say how much you hate naruto a lot in this thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I will never understand the love for Toriko.
    It's the perfect shounen manga for kids, it's interactive so they can work with the mangaka, which leads to a rise of the readers appreciation; it's full of action, it's about funny food and funny characters and it is drawn in an old school style. Much is over the top, but didn't we like that as kids too? Couldn't get enough of power lvls and new arcs in DBZ back than. So do you actually read it?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Again? I only asked this one time because I was confused lol. Thats a stupid rule imo. Less than 8 chapters... Might as well leave them at the very bottom if they aren't really ranked.
    That discussion has cycled around here for months now, are you sure you didn't follow this thread in the timeframe? I'm not sure if you know what you just wrote. The placement of the new series can be used to promote them, placing them at the end wouldn't serve such purpose.
    How can you be interested in a Naruto movie? They're all just as lackluster as the next...
    It's all about hope, hope that it will get better. Was the same case with OP and it seems like you don't know that it's actually Kishimoto who's written the plot for this one, it's also thematically linked to the current events[Eternal Tsukiyomi]. The last one was a bit better than the previous ones too.

Liked the assertive Hinata of the cover/movie, can't Kishi just exchange her with the canon one? *glare*
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

how can you be interested in a Naruto movie? They're all just as lackluster as the next...
    if you would like you can check this thread and see why i'm so excited even though the last couple of movies weren't that good

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...en-The-Movie-6
    Last edited by meeedoooz; July 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It's the perfect shounen manga for kids, it's interactive so they can work with the mangaka, which leads to a rise of the readers appreciation; it's full of action, it's about funny food and funny characters and it is drawn in an old school style. Much is over the top, but didn't we like that as kids too? Couldn't get enough of power lvls and new arcs in DBZ back than. So do you actually read it?

Liked the assertive Hinata of the cover/movie, can't Kishi just exchange her with the canon one? *glare*
    Those reasons are precisely why I don't like Toriko; I read a bit of it, but it was poison in my eyes. I never liked DBZ in the first place. It was on tv when I was a kid, and I thought it was terrible, plus the animation was atrocious.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

if you would like you can check this thread and see why i'm so excited even though the last couple of movies weren't that good

Just because Kishi's creating the characters/working on the movie doesn't mean that it'll at all be good. We've seen mangakas take active roles in filler anime/movies before, and they've turned out terribly.

More than just that, if they didn't just keep cranking them out, it wouldn't be so bad. This is the ninth Naruto film, after all, and they're just milking the franchise for all it's worth.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People were excited that Blood prison would actually be a good movie because Naruto uses Sage Mode. It ended up being shitty as hell.

I'm not holding my breath for this movie either.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Those reasons are precisely why I don't like Toriko; I read a bit of it, but it was poison in my eyes. I never liked DBZ in the first place. It was on tv when I was a kid, and I thought it was terrible, plus the animation was atrocious.

Just because Kishi's creating the characters/working on the movie doesn't mean that it'll at all be good. We've seen mangakas take active roles in filler anime/movies before, and they've turned out terribly.

More than just that, if they didn't just keep cranking them out, it wouldn't be so bad. This is the ninth Naruto film, after all, and they're just milking the franchise for all it's worth.
    Than it's clear that you just don't like it, while other do. No harm done.

You have to differenciate between having active roles aka producer, support, help, character design and penning the script/plot on his/her own. Producing an anime of any manga isn't milking the franchise for all it''s worth. You could show some more restraint before it backfires heavily. Can you name some of the adapation where the participation of the mangaka didn't help at all, excluding the hellverse Bleach movie. XD

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    People were excited that Blood prison would actually be a good movie because Naruto uses Sage Mode. It ended up being shitty as hell. I'm not holding my breath for this movie either.
    I think it had more to do with Minato's appearance. Trailer hasn't convinced me either, but the earlier sketches let me believe that the important part hasn't been shown yet. It's not like we will be seeing it within the next half year anyway.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nisekoi's entirely too cliched, so I've been consistently confused by its rankings.
    Jump's been lacking a romance series that use those cliches, and people enjoy those cliches would be my guess.

Thread Closed
Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast