Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

See dem spike spiked shaped things on teh top o' his head and teh sides 2? The professional term for that is "spikey" hair. Keisuke is the main character of Pajama.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    There is that superficial moment where you look at Nisekoi, Beelzebub, and Pajama and realize they have three things in common: male lead has black spikey hair, female lead is blonde, second female lead has black hair. O_o *just realized this* Of course, besides this element, the three of them are extremely different.
    Medaka Box is a blonde girl short of following the same formula. Does it count that the male lead is a spikey haired blonde?

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

The only Ichiro Takahashi one shot I read was Obake Life, which I really enjoyed.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post

Medaka Box is a blonde girl short of following the same formula. Does it count that the male lead is a spikey haired blonde?
    Not too far off, but Medaka Box doesn't really have a secondary female lead.
    Unless you're willing to take your analogy to its furthest extent where Medaka is a the black haired female lead, zenkichi is blonde and kumagawa (I guess? It's kinda stretching it a bit though) has black hair. But... seems kinda stretching too far to come to such a conclusion.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Naruto would definately be number 1.
    Maybe Reborn Second.
    Bleach in 3rd, maybe.

I'm basing my list on 2 other forum activities, full of fujoshis.
    I base mine off of fanart and doujinshi...but yours is probably more accurate. xD

One Piece/Naruto
    Bleach
    Gintama/Reborn/Toriko
    Mago/Sket Dance
    Kuroko
    Beelzebub

The romcoms are undecided since they're too new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post

See dem spike spiked shaped things on teh top o' his head and teh sides 2? The professional term for that is "spikey" hair. Keisuke is the main character of Pajama.

Did you squish the first picture on purpose? Like I said, its a very superficial similarity.

Haha, touche. I think the proper response would be that, Medaka Box's leads can be described however Nisio wants them to be described.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not happy about Kurogane's ranking but other than that it looks good. Bleach is up to 9th which is good since Color pages don't count. BTW Teeba is Beelzebub really getting a color page this week? Doesn't look like it on the TOC.

Just for my own amusement, how would you rank series according to strongest fujoshi fanbase?

Reborn! is number 1 imo for sure with 90% bishonen male cast

I dunno about Naruto since only Sasuke and Itachi comes to mind compared to other series.

Bleach is pretty high with Hitsugaya and the captains. I guess One Piece too if only because nearly everyone loves OP.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I think WSJ is allowing Shiibashi some time to conclude NnM. I'm way behind so I'm not sure how far along the story is right now.

Just for my own amusement, how would you rank series according to strongest fujoshi fanbase?
    If we're going by numbers I think either One Piece or Naruto takes the cake, but Reborn probably has the highest percentage of a fujoshi fanbase.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Naruto would definately be number 1.
    Maybe Reborn Second.
    Bleach in 3rd, maybe.

I'm basing my list on 2 other forum activities, full of fujoshis.
    Yeah Naruto definitely takes the top stop in my book as well. Reborn would be number 2 and it would Bleach/Toriko tied for 3rd.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurogane and Magico make me sad. Hopefully a new series tanks to give them a cushion. Or maybe Reborn, because it should have ended a long time ago.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@asari im kinda behind too but from where i was at they were defenitly in the second last arc preparing for the final arc so it should end sometime this year but not before naruto does.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Not happy about Kurogane's ranking but other than that it looks good. Bleach is up to 9th which is good since Color pages don't count. BTW Teeba is Beelzebub really getting a color page this week? Doesn't look like it on the TOC.

Reborn! is number 1 imo for sure with 90% bishonen male cast

I dunno about Naruto since only Sasuke and Itachi comes to mind compared to other series.

Bleach is pretty high with Hitsugaya and the captains. I guess One Piece too if only because nearly everyone loves OP.
    Beelzebub has a color page next week. I wasn't really clear when I fangirl'd about it.

I think while Reborn and Bleach are obvious choices, I think Gintama has a strong fanbase as well. I'm always stumbling upon BL fanart for it. Naruto and One Piece are so popular that their fujoshi fanbases are proportionally huge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nisekoi volume 1 completely sold out in only 3 days after arriving at Australia's only official Japanese bookstore.

Considering how well Nisekoi has continuously ranked it is suprising that the editorial staff decided to give it such a small initial printing.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Cover WSJ #25:

19. Thanks 16 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Cover WSJ #25:
    lol Do WSJ covers ever come out without Luffy or Naruto in the front somewhere?

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

TOC is fine with me, nothing really surprising. The only thing that makes me really happy is Nisekoi still doing so well, it's one of the WSJ series I enjoy the most atm and I believe that it's ranking is totally deserved

Hard to say which series could be the next goner, HQ and Nisekoi are very unlikely at this point but all the other fairly new series are definitely in danger. Magico and Kurogane could be the next series to go, depending on how the other new series fare.

The Pajama no Kanojo discussion here made me interested, will definitely check it out if it continues to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    At this point I think WSJ is allowing Shiibashi some time to conclude NnM. I'm way behind so I'm not sure how far along the story is right now.
    Agreed, Mago's ratings hardly matter anymore. It's definitely in it's last Arc (everyone works together to crush the big evil and his minions) so I'm pretty sure they will give him the time to finish the manga how he wants to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Pajama no Kanojo, Nisekoi and HQ! are the series i enjoy the most recently. they really great and deserve to survive longer than 20 chapters. i hope there are enough bottom dwellers or ending series to save them long enough to build a big enough fan base.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think while Reborn and Bleach are obvious choices, I think Gintama has a strong fanbase as well. I'm always stumbling upon BL fanart for it. Naruto and One Piece are so popular that their fujoshi fanbases are proportionally huge.
    Two former admin and a former global were fujoshi, two were specifically fans of Naruto slash manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Nisekoi volume 1 completely sold out in only 3 days after arriving at Australia's only official Japanese bookstore.

Considering how well Nisekoi has continuously ranked it is suprising that the editorial staff decided to give it such a small initial printing.
    Don't forget that unless they are small and locally owned, most stores do not buy directly from Shueisha. Large chains require national shipping networks, something Shueisha (or any publisher) is not built to handle. Most of the sales Oricon charts reflect are sales to distributors and wholesalers, copies are going from Shueisha's warehouse to sit in distribution centers, awaiting orders from stores. From a distributors point of view, they do not extra product lingering in their warehouses, only enough for stores to replenish stock. That is why volume 1 generally sells so much lower than volume 2 and 3, everyone involved is gauging demand. In Nisekoi's case demand seems to be exceeding expectations, I expect volume 2 to sell very well.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    TOC is fine with me, nothing really surprising. The only thing that makes me really happy is Nisekoi still doing so well, it's one of the WSJ series I enjoy the most atm and I believe that it's ranking is totally deserved
    I've also been enjoying Nisekoi lately. In Double Arts it seemed to me that Komi struggled to create a coherent, linear narrative. What sparkled were his characters. The more episodic nature of Nisekoi has allowed him to focus on the characters and their relationships, the real strengths of his writing. It's a really funny, entertaining manga, and I have also been enjoying it recently.

Quote Quote:
    Hard to say which series could be the next goner, HQ and Nisekoi are very unlikely at this point but all the other fairly new series are definitely in danger. Magico and Kurogane could be the next series to go, depending on how the other new series fare.
    I don't expect any more cancellations until late July or early August, around the time of the next double issue. One series just ended, two more were canceled, so they will probably go about three months without adding any new titles. I would guess that one of the three new series will be the next to end.

Quote Quote:
    The Pajama no Kanojo discussion here made me interested, will definitely check it out if it continues to do well.
    It seems to have been mistyped as a romcon. There is not much comedy to it, after the first chapter or so. It is a fairly serious drama, with a good dose of humor, but definitely not a comedy.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast