Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    This might be stating the obvious, but it's meant to open up further discussion at the end.

    So, as we all know, the Kyuubi's chakra was split into two, Yin (Form) and Yang (Life).

    Yin was sealed in Minato, whilst Naruto only got Yang. Minato's excuse was that sealing the entire Kyuubi was impossible as the chakra was too large, and I don't really understand as the Kyuubi had been sealed twice in the manga's recent history, but that's a discussion for another time.

    In any case, all other tailed beasts look their normal physical selves when reproduced because they had all of their original Yin chakra to create form, and Yang to breathe life into said form.

    Naruto only got Kyuubi's Yang chakra. There is no Kyuubi Yin chakra to create form, so it should only manifest as stamina, which is the tailed beast shroud Naruto unlocked a bit earlier.

    So what I think happens when Naruto goes into full tailed-beast mode, is that he shares his chakra resources with Kyuubi in full co-operation.

    This means Kyuubi's physical form is created purely using Naruto's Yin chakra. This explains why his tailed-beast mode is translucent, and also highly influenced by Naruto's form (Specifically the stripes running down its body). He is dependent on Naruto to enter this form. Hachibi's case seems to be Killer B going "ok i'll let you out", and Hachibi taking over. Kyuubi has to go "we'll go together".

    This has heaps of implications.

    1) Unlike the Hachibi, Naruto doesn't take a backseat and relax while the Kyuubi takes over. They function in a cooperation system instead of a replacement system where they merely tag in/out.

    2) Naruto has limited yin chakra, so he will not be able to stay in beast mode as long as Hachibi can. I have a suspicion Hachibi can stay in his form infinitely as he's fully self-sustaining. Naruto was stated to be not used to the tailed-beast mode yet so his initial time was only 5 minutes, but I think he might not have an easy a time as Hachibi does.

    3) Related to the above line of questions, would Naruto's tailed-beast form change in appearance? It might never become fully tangible like the other tailed beasts because of the Kyuubi's lack of Yin chakra.

    4) On a slightly unrelated note, if Minato absorbed the Yin chakra, he should be heaps powerful. Could he have broken free of the death god at some point in time?

    5) Will Naruto recover the lost Yin chakra? It was said if the tailed beasts die, the beasts will respawn in mere decades (If i remember correctly). How does one go about recovering part of a tailed beast's chakra?

  2. #2
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    I think kurama's chakra has already regenerated. btw,naruto's biju mode isn't complete yet,imo. and that form is due to the uzumaki seal,the closest to the sage himself.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I think kurama's chakra has already regenerated. btw,naruto's biju mode isn't complete yet,imo. and that form is due to the uzumaki seal,the closest to the sage himself.
    why do you think the kyuubi's chakra regenerated? there is no evidence pertaining that

  4. #4
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    The tailed beasts are immortal and regenerative. You can kill them, erase them, explode them, seal them, ect.. They'll pop right back up after a while fully healthy. Minato only sealed half of the chakra because it was too much for them alone to seal all of it. Theres no reason to think that after 16-17 years, that chakra hasn't regenerated. It all comes down to belief though. It has neither been directly stated that the 9 tails chakra has or hasn't regenerated.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by lostrmntic View Post
    The tailed beasts are immortal and regenerative. You can kill them, erase them, explode them, seal them, ect.. They'll pop right back up after a while fully healthy. Minato only sealed half of the chakra because it was too much for them alone to seal all of it. Theres no reason to think that after 16-17 years, that chakra hasn't regenerated. It all comes down to belief though. It has neither been directly stated that the 9 tails chakra has or hasn't regenerated.
    because this boils down to a scenario where half of the kyuubi's chakra in naruto is able to regenerate into a whole kyuubi again, and the same should hold true for the other half in minato in the death god.

    so you're able to make 2 kyuubi by splitting its soul and having each half regenerate fully?

    i'm open to the possibility, as you said, as it has not been expressly excluded yet, but he who asserts must prove. it could go either way, i agree with u.

    i personally think the bijuu will be reincarnated only when it's killed, as you sort of disperse the container for all that chakra and they eventually form a new container.
    regeneration after chakra expenditure is like emptying a container, and it slowly filling up again.

    splitting a soul, i inferred, seems more like splitting a container to two half-volume containers.
    Last edited by hyper_megaman; May 10, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I think kurama's chakra has already regenerated. btw,naruto's biju mode isn't complete yet,imo.
    yep...this is why it is"incomplete"

    ---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    This means Kyuubi's physical form is created purely using Naruto's Yin chakra. This explains why his tailed-beast mode is translucent, and also highly influenced by Naruto's form (Specifically the stripes running down its body). He is dependent on Naruto to enter this form. Hachibi's case seems to be Killer B going "ok i'll let you out", and Hachibi taking over. Kyuubi has to go "we'll go together".
    if i'm not mistaken(correct me if i'm wrong)...but naruto was controling the kyubi like sasori and kabuto control their puppets(wasn't he using his hands like he was playing a video game)

    Quote Quote:
    This has heaps of implications.

    1) Unlike the Hachibi, Naruto doesn't take a backseat and relax while the Kyuubi takes over. They function in a cooperation system instead of a replacement system where they merely tag in/out.
    this has a lot to do with naruto's talent in kage bunshin
    Quote Quote:
    2) Naruto has limited yin chakra, so he will not be able to stay in beast mode as long as Hachibi can. I have a suspicion Hachibi can stay in his form infinitely as he's fully self-sustaining. Naruto was stated to be not used to the tailed-beast mode yet so his initial time was only 5 minutes, but I think he might not have an easy a time as Hachibi does.
    same thing matti said...it's locked until they release it or like you said get use to it
    [/QUOTE]3) Related to the above line of questions, would Naruto's tailed-beast form change in appearance? It might never become fully tangible like the other tailed beasts because of the Kyuubi's lack of Yin chakra.[/QUOTE]
    it's been 16yrs...kurama is at full strength(i would think)
    [/QUOTE]4) On a slightly unrelated note, if Minato absorbed the Yin chakra, he should be heaps powerful. Could he have broken free of the death god at some point in time?[/QUOTE]
    to this...all i can say is...he wasn't sealed in the end,he died during the conflict.
    [/QUOTE]5) Will Naruto recover the lost Yin chakra? It was said if the tailed beasts die, the beasts will respawn in mere decades (If i remember correctly). How does one go about recovering part of a tailed beast's chakra?[/QUOTE]
    come on...we're talking about naruto...impossible believe it...not for the number 1 knucklehead ninja of the leaf

    ---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

    sorry about the bunched up last part guys...my computer went offline while i was posting...i guess the quoted parts didn't pick up
    Last edited by gnut; May 10, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

  7. #7
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    @hyper, as the dude above said,their chakra regenerates.hence it should have already obtained the part he lost that time.
    @gnut,I don't get it,why is it incomplete because of the regeneration?

  8. #8
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    @hyper, as the dude above said,their chakra regenerates.hence it should have already obtained the part he lost that time.
    @gnut,I don't get it,why is it incomplete because of the regeneration?
    sorry matt...i went quote happy(lol)...i meant to reference what you said about the seal...

    ---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

    @hyper towards question 5...maybe that is what the bijuu gave him...supplemental chakra for kurama's benefit
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Narutos current bijuu mode IMO is superior to the average bijuu mode because of the fact that it's made out of chakra
    1. His tails can turn into actual hands and they extend and stretch like the chakra shroud
    2. Naruto can still performed shadow clones in the bijuu mode and have those clones turn into senju mode to sense
    3. He can also carry people in his bijuu mode shroud (kakashi and gai)
    4. Although not proven yet but that shroud should have a higher defense since its chakra rather than flesh
    If there is another version of this bijuu mode I'd like it to resemble Version 2


  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Narutos current bijuu mode IMO is superior to the average bijuu mode because of the fact that it's made out of chakra
    1. His tails can turn into actual hands and they extend and stretch like the chakra shroud
    2. Naruto can still performed shadow clones in the bijuu mode and have those clones turn into senju mode to sense
    3. He can also carry people in his bijuu mode shroud (kakashi and gai)
    4. Although not proven yet but that shroud should have a higher defense since its chakra rather than flesh
    If there is another version of this bijuu mode I'd like it to resemble Version 2
    i agree with this. if my theory holds, it means his bijuu has no full physical form, and is limited to a bare tangibility from naruto's yin chakra. you therefore cannot hurt the kyuubi like the hachibi has been (sliced tentacles, broken horn).

    So the greatest debate now is whether the yin chakra in the kyuubi regenerated.

    ---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

    To the point about naruto using hand seals, he was using hand seals to make kage bunshins, not to control the kyuubi wasn't he

  12. #11
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    i think because he is an uzumaki and the new seal he made makes naruto look different remember how the kyuubi mentioned RS when naruto sealed after obtaining his first form.

  13. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    4. Although not proven yet but that shroud should have a higher defense since its chakra rather than flesh
    If there is another version of this bijuu mode I'd like it to resemble Version 2
    Actually, I think the Bijuu Mode itself is actually a Version 2 of Kyuubi Chakra Mode. Version 2 is basically the chakra of the Bijuu compressed into a humanoid form. The thing that they have in common is that they're both forms made out of chakra. The regular Bijuu mode is the full flesh form of the Bijuu itself, this leads me to believe that the current Bijuu mode is actually a Version 2 of Naruto's Chakra cloak. With training, it's likely that the Bijuu mode can be compressed into a more humanoid form.

    I think the reason why it's "incomplete" is because it's not the full flesh form of the Bijuu itself. It's simply pure chakra shaped into a Bijuu. I'm thinking Gyuuki will figure out that this is only the first step and that it can be compressed into a humanoid form.

    The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    If Kyuubi's chakra could regenerate what was the point of Minato sacrificing himself? Just to seal it into Naruto? Kushina could have done it ... it's all very fishy ... I think it's just Kishi playing as usual thinking stuff as they go and not really thinking about it that deeply
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

    Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

  15. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    whats the difference between the kyuubi yin and yang chakra ? isnt it just half the kyuubi chakra which makes it half of its original size / power and maybe it couldnt regenerate its yin chakra since maybe its not regular chakra , maybe ying and yang chakra cant be regenerated that easily like you cant regenerate your chopped off arm after a few years and normal chakra is like hair which can be regenrated easily

    Hope naruto kyuubi mode will look better or at least looks good in the anime cuz i still find it weird , whats the point of a cloak / cape made of chakra lol

  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why the Kyuubi-mode looks as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    whats the difference between the kyuubi yin and yang chakra ? isnt it just half the kyuubi chakra which makes it half of its original size / power and maybe it couldnt regenerate its yin chakra since maybe its not regular chakra , maybe ying and yang chakra cant be regenerated that easily like you cant regenerate your chopped off arm after a few years and normal chakra is like hair which can be regenrated easily

    Hope naruto kyuubi mode will look better or at least looks good in the anime cuz i still find it weird , whats the point of a cloak / cape made of chakra lol
    yin is form, yang is life

    yin is used in genjutsu and the forming of various ninjutsu
    yang breathes life/energy into those ninjutsu, and support basic bodily functions like recovery and stamina

    kyuubi had his yin chakra sealed in minato (form) and yang in naruto. his soul was split into two, and the yin half is currently entangled with minato's soul in eternal combat inside the death god's realm, as we last heard

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Yin_Release

    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Yang_Release

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts