Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did Aizen Know Isshin Before All This Started?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Aizen Know Isshin Before All This Started?

Reason i ask this is due to Aziens Zanpakuto hypnotizing power, he could have quite probably organized Isshin kicked out of Soul Society?

Also i starting to think this hugyuku belonged to some one else and they pissed now
    Spoiler show

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Azien Know Isshin Before All This Started?

no I doubt isshin was kicked out of SS. also,how do we know he is a captain?has it been specified somewhere? btw,I doubt that,he left on his own,imo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Aizen Know Isshin Before All This Started?

I think the question should be if anyone, besides Urahara, knows Isshin. I've got the hunch that he is from Yamamoto's era, 1000 years ago.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Isshin have a captain like band round his arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    I think the question should be if anyone, besides Urahara, knows Isshin. I've got the hunch that he is from Yamamoto's era, 1000 years ago.
    If he was then he isn't part of Soul Society, as it was Yama that created it or has that not yet been confirmed?

How would Urahara know him if he was Yamamoto's era, i know he was head of research and development but that wouldn't make him necessarily know Isshin would it?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what I don't understand? I started watching the anime again from the beginning and re-reading the manga as well. Why the hell did Isshin get injured from such a weak fish hollow on the first chapter? That doesn't make any sense nor could he see Rukia? (maybe he was just acting he couldn't see her). Also when he found out about Kon, he mentioned he always knew about him being a mod soul because during the cemetery he never called him 'ichigo' which means he never lost any of his powers and it was just suppressed or something. still doesn't explain why he got trashed

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shnugin View Post
    You know what I don't understand? I started watching the anime again from the beginning and re-reading the manga as well. Why the hell did Isshin get injured from such a weak fish hollow on the first chapter? That doesn't make any sense nor could he see Rukia? (maybe he was just acting he couldn't see her). Also when he found out about Kon, he mentioned he always knew about him being a mod soul because during the cemetery he never called him 'ichigo' which means he never lost any of his powers and it was just suppressed or something. still doesn't explain why he got trashed
    Well he probably figured Rukia could handle it, or he wanted Ichigo to awaken his shinigami powers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    If he was then he isn't part of Soul Society, as it was Yama that created it or has that not yet been confirmed?

How would Urahara know him if he was Yamamoto's era, i know he was head of research and development but that wouldn't make him necessarily know Isshin would it?
    When I said that Urahara knows him, I meant he knows at least that Isshin is/was a Shinigami (probably a captain). Also, in SS nobody seems to know him or his relation to Ichigo (they don't say per example "Uhm...Kurosaki...hey, that's reminds me of that guy" or something like that), not even the older Shinigami (Unohana, Kyouraku,etc), unless they didn't said anything on purpose, so I theorize he must been a shinigami a long time ago, in Yamamoto's era. Although that doesn't explain if Yamamoto knows him (if Isshin was in the Gotei 13 Yamamoto has to know him), unless Isshin has changed his name or something like that.
    Last edited by Kokuryuu; April 28, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Suppose that could make sense i mean you wouldn't keep ties with something you wanted to forget completely.

The thing that I'm trying to put out is the fact that Aziens control over SS could actually still be happening without anyone's knowledge, couldn't it?

The only thing i can think of is Ishhin and the former captain of squad 12 are actually one in the same person, if this is the case the only people who would now him are the people that was never under Aziens spell Ie Urahara, yorichi(spelling).
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    no I doubt isshin was kicked out of SS. also,how do we know he is a captain?has it been specified somewhere? btw,I doubt that,he left on his own,imo.
    http://www.manga-access.com/manga/B/...chapter/187/16
    he says "all captain-class" (refering to himself too) or maybe he was acknowledged as one

i remember there was this one part after killing grand fisher(or meeting ryuken, CANT REMEMBER WHICH), i cant remember whether it was isshin or ryuken or urahara who said "so you have regained your powers" i clearly remember this line, but it could be a mistranslation
    Last edited by dopeycheese; April 29, 2012 at 02:13 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    he says "all captain-class" (refering to himself too) or maybe he was acknowledged as one
    he was even stronger than the other captains,since he was winning against aizen,before the latter used the hougyoku. that's how I intended it,though. but he might have really been a captain. I think he was in the 0th squad,100 % sure of that
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; May 02, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post

i remember there was this one part after killing grand fisher(or meeting ryuken, CANT REMEMBER WHICH), i cant remember whether it was isshin or ryuken or urahara who said "so you have regained your powers" i clearly remember this line, but it could be a mistranslation
    I remember that too, if its the case something triggered it, plus what about his daughters weren't they going to get a bigger part?
    Spoiler show

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really think Isshin and Aizen knew each other. Um, not like that... I think they knew about each other (Aizen knew what Isshin is/was and where he's living/hiding... of course he knew, since he knew about Ichigo... and Isshin knew what's happening in SS... I guess through Urahara, cuz Yoruichi and he probably knew about stuff and knew a lot) but I don't think they met... From their encounter in FKT it didn't seem like they were overly friendly... like that, that they knew each other personally and very well.

Why would that mean that he didn't lose his powers?
    He knew about SS and remembered it and everything, but he didn't have any powers at that time, it's simple. I'm fairly sure he couldn't see Rukia in her spirit form and couldn't fight the hollow, but he could see that Ichigo's personality is not the same when Kon is in his body and put things together, or maybe even Urahara told him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    When I said that Urahara knows him, I meant he knows at least that Isshin is/was a Shinigami (probably a captain). Also, in SS nobody seems to know him or his relation to Ichigo (they don't say per example "Uhm...Kurosaki...hey, that's reminds me of that guy" or something like that), not even the older Shinigami (Unohana, Kyouraku,etc), unless they didn't said anything on purpose, so I theorize he must been a shinigami a long time ago, in Yamamoto's era. Although that doesn't explain if Yamamoto knows him (if Isshin was in the Gotei 13 Yamamoto has to know him), unless Isshin has changed his name or something like that.
    We still don't know about him, well, anything, so it's hard to say who knows him and who doesn't.
    We know he wasn't in SS during Shinji's era (since he didn't recognize his aura/reiatsu) and Shinji was a captain for quite some time, and well, no one from the era after TBTP recognized him (we know that at least Rukia, and I guess also the group that came to the human world after SS arc should meet him at least once) so...
    It would make the most sense if he's older than Shinji (we know shinigami do age, even though very slowly, and Isshin looks even older than Shunsui, but idk if it means anything)...
    About the name though, when Isshin arrives at Ryuuken's training place and Ryuuken calls him "Kurosaki", Isshin says "Whoa, first time calling me that, you had a change of heart or something?" (or something like that), so my theory is that Kurosaki is not really his name... maybe the name he chose when he came to the human world/married Masaki/whatever, and that would explain why no one recognizes the name... I'm still convinced Isshin is a Shiba...

ex oriente lux

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    About the name though, when Isshin arrives at Ryuuken's training place and Ryuuken calls him "Kurosaki", Isshin says "Whoa, first time calling me that, you had a change of heart or something?" (or something like that), so my theory is that Kurosaki is not really his name... maybe the name he chose when he came to the human world/married Masaki/whatever, and that would explain why no one recognizes the name... I'm still convinced Isshin is a Shiba...
    That actually makes sense, if he faked his own death then you'd think he'd change his name to stay under the radar, but if Ryuuken knew Isshin then how? It's not like he was only a Substitute Shinigami and meet him through his travels around Karakura Town, because Ginjo was the 1st substitute shinigami although we don't know when exactly.... It was hinted he knew alot about Isshin but i think that was just to confuse Ichigo

We had discussions about Isshin in his thread, so I'll reply there to not go too off topic here ^^ - darj
    Last edited by Darjaille; April 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler show

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

When ishin first appeared urahara asked him what it felt like to be in a shinigami body for the first time in 20 years. Basically, ishin for some reason had lost his power and only recently he recovered it. When the manga started and perhaps even when masaki was killed ishin was basically powerless. This is why he was hurt by the hollow who attacked him and his family. Not sure why he would know about kon though, maybe he could just tell he was not looking at his son. I think he saw kon at the cementery though, that would explain it. Its not like he would not be able to put the pieces together. Another thing is that ishin is not necessarily actually a human. If this is the case then it means he does not actually have a real physical body meaning that even if he loses his power he would remain a spirit thus not losing his ability to see spirits.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

as to why isshin got hurt so bad from a cheap hollow shot, don't all physical bodies get hurt/act like normal even if the soul is shinigami?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast